PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Cleveland Boat Show?

jkski
01-09-2006, 09:28 AM
The Cleveland Boat Show starts this Friday the 13th and runs through the 22nd. Is anyone planning to go? (Especially since none of our Ohio NFL team are playing)

bcampbe7
01-09-2006, 09:54 AM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6489

jkski
01-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Bump...............................

Footin
01-11-2006, 09:00 PM
I will be there on the 21st.

captain planet
01-11-2006, 11:41 PM
I will be there on one weekend or another. There are only going to be 3 MC's at the show this year from what I understand and the MasterCraft booth will be much smaller than last year. I'm guessing that they will have a 197, X-2 (since it is new), and maybe a Maristar 230. Oh yea, there will be three of that other brand in the booth as well. You know, the ones with the hollow stringers and the leaky hydro-phony dampening boxes.

Last seasons poor boat show attendance is effecting this years show. If you recall, the weather was really bad last year. At any rate, maybe see you there.

erkoehler
01-11-2006, 11:46 PM
I will be there on one weekend or another. There are only going to be 3 MC's at the show this year from what I understand and the MasterCraft booth will be much smaller than last year. I'm guessing that they will have a 197, X-2 (since it is new), and maybe a Maristar 230. Oh yea, there will be three of that other brand in the booth as well. You know, the ones with the hollow stringers and the leaky hydro-phony dampening boxes.

Last seasons poor boat show attendance is effecting this years show. If you recall, the weather was really bad last year. At any rate, maybe see you there.

I am going to say there will probably be 2 wakeboard edition boats, just the way things have been lately.........

jkski
01-12-2006, 11:55 AM
The verdict is in: 2 MC's, a 215/X2 and a 230, and 2 BU's (not sure which models)

jkski
01-16-2006, 07:21 AM
Well, did anyone go this past weekend? What did you think?

captain planet
01-16-2006, 12:12 PM
No, I will be there on Friday or Saturday. Have to work out a scheduling conflict before the day can be decided. Anyone been there? What boats are in the booth? Any gear (i.e. skis, boards, jackets, etc.?)

jkski
01-16-2006, 01:39 PM
I was there all weekend, and the MC's are as follows: Maristar 200 (decked out like the new X2 in Harley Davidson type colors) and a Maristar 230. There are also 2 BU's a VLX and a VRide(I believe). As for equipment, it is going fast at BLOWOUT PRICES. They brought a lot of 2004/2005 stuff up that was left over and it is flying out of there at great prices. I know they are hosting a boat show of their own at MidOhio Watersports in Streetsboro on the weekend following the IX Center show (January 27, 28) so that people can see all the boats and equipment and the show prices are still in effect. The best part, you don't have to pay $7 to park, an Arm to get in and a Leg for something to eat or drink., plus you get to see all the boats.

captain planet
01-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Only 2 MC boats?!?! It's hardly worth going! It will be nice to see the 200 since my buddy is going to get one of those in a year or two.

Is attendance up this year?

jkski
01-16-2006, 01:56 PM
CC has a nice booth, but that is because CC pays half the space cost for the first year dealer! As for attendance, it comes and goes and really seemed to die off around dinner. The booth is located right next to the "waterskiing rat", so whenever the show is going on nobody is actually in the booth looking at boats, but as soon as it ends, the flood gates open!
I actually think that the dealership made a smart move downsizing and hosting their own show. They seem to be getting a great response and generating a lot of excitement, so we'll see if it is all talk or people actually show up!

captain planet
01-20-2006, 01:39 PM
I've got a group of 8 going up tonight to the show. Anyone else going this evening?

Is there anything there that is a "must see" that I sould be aware of?