PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hacked a TiVo box?

mitch
01-09-2006, 09:58 AM
I have a 40G model. Anyone added a larger drive to these w/ success? Thanks!

Cloaked
01-09-2006, 10:23 AM
I have a 40G model. Anyone added a larger drive to these w/ success? Thanks!It can be done relatively simple, or so I hear... ;)

But I would never be part of this. Just passing on information.

"Hack" is not a good word... LOL....

:popcorn: :toast:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2006, 10:25 AM
I was thinking he meant "chop up" for the garbage;) ....

6ballsisall
01-09-2006, 10:37 AM
It can be done relatively simple, or so I hear... ;)

But I would never be part of this. Just passing on information.

"Hack" is not a good word... LOL....

To translate what Sporty is saying:

"Figuratively speaking it could be done. That's figuratively speaking" :D

Guess you had to be there for it to be funny eh Sporty? ;)

Dan K
01-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Go to this link and search Tivo hacks, they also have a large number of hacks for your DVD recorders to correct region code settings and the like. Video help (http://www.videohelp.com)

Leroy
01-09-2006, 11:37 AM
I believe you can get a 120G for free if your present one breaks. You have to commit to 2 years with DirecTV. (assuming you are with DirecTV). Mine did break and I got a free replacement.

Danimal
01-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Check out this place: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/archive/index.php/t-220274.html

A friend of mine frequents the site. Tons of valuable info.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php

BriEOD
01-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Do you guys like Direct TV better than cable? I'd like Direct TV because of the NFL Ticket (I have to listen to the Fins game on Sirius). However, I have 6 TVs hooked up and I've heard that Direct TV can only support like 4? Right now I have Comcast cable and internet. But, we're moving this month and will be shopping again. Any thoughts.

Sorry for the Jack.

mitch
01-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Do you guys like Direct TV better than cable? I'd like Direct TV because of the NFL Ticket (I have to listen to the Fins game on Sirius). However, I have 6 TVs hooked up and I've heard that Direct TV can only support like 4? Right now I have Comcast cable and internet. But, we're moving this month and will be shopping again. Any thoughts.

Sorry for the Jack.

Pic is better overall on DTV (IMHO), and I like it because I can take one of the DTV boxes to the lakehouse, hook it up and get the same chans as home. My company pays for my high speed thru cable, and if I was on my own, I'd prolly go w/ bundled pkg. (HD/high speed/CATV) from cable. One bummer for me is DTV can not 'see' the HDTV sat needed, so I have to get HD over the air, which means no ESPN HD ;(

Cloaked
01-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Sorry for the Jack.That just doesn't get it without a pic.... :noface: :D

Leroy
01-09-2006, 01:27 PM
You can get a box that will allow you to hook up many more. The box that connects 4 is the most common. Maybe you want to connect few tv's in parallel to one DirecTV receiver.

Sorry for the Jack.

rodltg2
01-09-2006, 06:25 PM
thats kind of how i have it. one box for the bedroom and one box for the rest of the the tv's in the house.