PDA

View Full Version : Winter Haven

whitedog
01-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Thinking of a trip to the Winter Haven area in mid to late March.
want to rent a house or condo preferabley on the water. Pool not necessary. Have checked the web an have some leeds but looking for local info. Any help would be apreciated.:)

Thanks in advance.

T Scott
01-08-2006, 08:39 PM
This is a real popular hotel that is located right on the chain. I believe they have been recently refurbished. Some of the Winter Haven guys will probablyhave some additional ideas.

http://www.lakeroybeachinn.com/about.html

BriEOD
01-08-2006, 09:08 PM
That's pretty sweet. I might have to check that place out.

mplv
01-08-2006, 11:32 PM
that place is kinda ****ty looking in reality and half the building got destroyed by all the hurricanes. what are you looking to spend, how many in the party and do you need a boat?

Ski-A-Rees
01-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Personally if you are going to go ski in Winter Haven, I would stay at the Lake Roy Beach Inn. It is a hotel but it has a pool and it's also right on the lake. You can leave your boat on the beach. Lake Roy is connected to the chain of lakes so you can drive over and see a Cypress Gardens show or ski on a different lake for better water!

wakesport
01-09-2006, 10:06 AM
we just spent a week at lake roy. We had a great time. Here's a shot of where we stayed.

wakesport
01-09-2006, 10:07 AM
And here's a smaller version of what skiing is like there

http://personalpages.tds.net/~wakesport/Florida_d.WMV

wakesport
01-09-2006, 10:10 AM
that place is kinda ****ty looking in reality and half the building got destroyed by all the hurricanes. what are you looking to spend, how many in the party and do you need a boat?
Rooms were not bad and the atmosphere was great. I do know that there is a ski team from Wisconsin coming down there over spring break. I have heard that the water can get crowded. We had most of the 14 lakes to our selves over Christmas.

I would come back here again.

ntidsl
01-09-2006, 10:16 AM
keep us all posted on what the place is like and how the water was if you go!!! are there courses on the lakes?

wakesport
01-09-2006, 10:20 AM
keep us all posted on what the place is like and how the water was if you go!!! are there courses on the lakes?
There is a course on Lulu which is the next lake over. It takes about 5 minutes by boat from the hotel to get to it.

wakesport
01-09-2006, 10:25 AM
21 hours from Madison to Winter Haven. I stopped South of Atlanta the first day and made it in time to ski the second day.

whitedog
01-09-2006, 11:09 AM
I know of Lake Roy Beach Inn. Just looking for something differnt.:)