PDA

View Full Version : The Boston Sound Check

Scot
01-07-2006, 10:16 PM
In the old days, (prior to the sub world), if you wanted to test out your sound system you would give it the "Boston Sound Check"... slip in the first Boston tape, (tape?) and crank it up... These Boston albums were the best for checking the Highs, lows and vocals...

Fast forward to today. Way better audio gear with recordings to match.

List a few songs that you like that fall into the catagory of the "Boston Sound Check". Songs that push the limits of your system, sound great ... and that are a crowd pleaser..

1. Kid Rock - Cowboy (sub check with rock)
2. George Strait - Desperately (deep throated acustic guitar with clear melodic harmany tunes and vocals)
3. Mamma Said - Vaughn Bros (sub blasts and clean guitars)

In the end we'll all have a list of songs that will make a great country, pop/rap, and rock mix CD...

lsupcar
01-07-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't know about fitting on a list of rockin' tunes, but if you want to test your stereo system, in particular the low frequences, try Aaron Copland Fanfare for the Common Man on the CD: Music of America by the Cinncinatti Pops conducted by Erich Kunzel. Telarc # CD-80339. I will try a link to their site were you can listen to a clip. Don't blow your speakers. Bill Z http://www.telarc.com/gscripts/title.asp?gsku=0339&mscssid=4P1NH2VATDAH9L1BGQ3CUCTRDGK59JM6

Footin
01-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Donny Iris - Ah Leah.

Van Halen - Dancin in the streets

88 PS190
01-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Sinister Mister.

milkmania
01-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Aldo Nova, Fantasy

P-hat_in_Cincy
01-08-2006, 12:31 AM
I'm certainly no audiophile, but following are songs from various playlists I used when putting my system together. "Crowd Pleasers"??? No, not for all.

I'm About To Get Her - LL Cool J
Get Low - Kings of Crunk
Country Grammar - Nelly
Tilt Ya Head Back - Nelly
The Way You Move - Outkast
Caught Up - Usher
Yeah! - Usher
Feel Good - Gorillaz
This is the New Sh!t - Marilyn Manson
Closer - Nine Inch Nails
Drift and Die - Puddle of Mudd
Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley and the Wailers
Silent Lucidity (or just about anything from EMPIRE album) - Queensryche

flipper
01-08-2006, 03:15 AM
:guitar: "My Maria" by Brooks and Dunn is one of my favorites on my system. Deep bass, and with lots of highs and mids. Have to agree on the kid rock also though.