PDA

View Full Version : Good movie drought

JohnnyB
01-07-2006, 04:35 PM
I have been in a long drought when it comes to finding a good DVD to rent. Got wedding crashers yesterday...it was ok...probably was a let-down to me because of all the hype it got. Got the newest Steven Seagall movie over xmas and it was lame! Saw Crash over xmas as well -- this was worth seeing once...pretty good movie.

Anybody seen anything recently that's been a 'watch it over and over' classic type movie?

SKI*MC
01-07-2006, 04:47 PM
I know what you mean... I saw Wolf Creek over the break, it was one of the lamest "horror" movies i have ever seen. It goes up there on my list of crappy horror movies with , "the Gruge" "Children of the Corn Revelations", "house of Wax" and "Amnityville Horror"

sassydog
01-07-2006, 05:01 PM
oh then you gents haven't seen 'Hostel' yet. it's not the type that will make you jump out of your seat with surprises, but more of a movie that will plant ideas in your head of being in the same situation and feeling the same pain as the main character. it is definately an man's horror movie. simply put, most of what you'll see are a ton of topless women :banana: and a lot of severely bloddy gore(not in the same scene, thank god). the blood curdling screams in this movie will make you skin crawl, :eek3: and i don't scare easily at all. definatly worth the theater tix.

Cloaked
01-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Training Day (Denzel Washington) is still one of my favs for the slow season...

SKI*MC
01-07-2006, 08:22 PM
I just got back from "the Ringer" It was actually pretty funny. It had a bad ending though..

Scot
01-07-2006, 09:08 PM
The Skeleton Key was pretty good....
11:14 was a little strange but pretty good
The Devils Rejects was flat out sick, in a bad way... very sick
The Island was pretty good too.

JohnnyB
01-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Sporty,

Funny you mentioned Training Day....I threw that one in last night after the football game......definately and oldie but a goodie.

Gotta watch it every so often to practice my wolf howl..... :D