PDA

View Full Version : Pop up cleats

skipaola
01-07-2006, 04:15 PM
I purchased my boat used last year, a 2002 X-9 and didn't notice at the time that it doesn't have any cleats to tie the boat off. Does anybody have any experience with the different brands and sizes of pop up cleats that are available? My dealer just kind of laughed when I asked him about pricing Mastercraft cleats.

Cloaked
01-07-2006, 04:17 PM
I saw the pop-ups on Mag's boat. Nice amenity indeed.

I have no further input to this thread...

JohnnyB
01-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Do a search on cleats on this site...I know there are specifics about the Mastercraft logo cleats....might also look in the MC Online Proshop. This has been a past topic. I've thought about mounting them, but don't know where to put them. Still waiting to see others that have them and where they are located on their boats.

twieder
01-07-2006, 04:25 PM
I purchased my boat used last year, a 2002 X-9 and didn't notice at the time that it doesn't have any cleats to tie the boat off. Does anybody have any experience with the different brands and sizes of pop up cleats that are available? My dealer just kind of laughed when I asked him about pricing Mastercraft cleats.
I bought a 2000 X-star this summer and kinda ran into the same problem. The dealer wouldnt even give me a price other than the cleets themselves.I ended up getting a "Bungie" rope that I tied off to the front of my tower and put the loop around the ski pole.I havent had any problems with comming untied or not being able to tie up anywhere. I've got enough length to slip thru dock cleats easily, but I do hang bumpers on the side.

Byrdman
01-07-2006, 04:30 PM
I know the new nautiques have the cleats that fall flush when not needed. The local CC dealer pointed them out. I guess I would use them if they came on the boat, but I would NOT install them aftermarket. I would be afraid that if they ever broke, they might be hard to find replacements that would fit the same holes. I have always used the ski pylon to tie my boat up on my Prostar 190, and use the tower and rear pylon to tie up my X-2.

agua4fun
01-07-2006, 04:59 PM
I had the dealer add 4 popup cleats on my '01 PS190 last spring.
(4) 4" Etched MasterCraft @ 56.95 ea
2 hrs install @ $85.00
Total = $397.80 = not cheap
I have tied MCs using the pylon for many years, but where i am at now, the current can be strong. 1 point in the center of the boat wasnt enough. (the boat wants to turn and the line works the windshield frame or seat.)

they didnt back the cleats like they said they were going to do, which i just noticed after winterizing. make sure they do! i may try to get them to fix that this spring.
(you can see them in the pic)

hleepert
01-07-2006, 05:39 PM
2 hrs install @ $85.00
I have tied MCs using the pylon for many years, but where i am at now, the current can be strong. 1 point in the center of the boat wasnt enough. (the boat wants to turn and the line works the windshield frame or seat.)

they didnt back the cleats like they said they were going to do, which i just noticed after winterizing. make sure they do! i may try to get them to fix that this spring.
(you can see them in the pic)

Agua:

What dealer did your installation?

Cloaked
01-07-2006, 05:49 PM
2 hrs install @ $85.00

(you can see them in the pic)Very nice looking machine there Aqua.

BriEOD
01-08-2006, 08:26 AM
I think DanC had a thread with photos on his install. Do a search or PM him.

Jim@BAWS
01-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Some MC products come standard w/ pop up cleats. They (the cleats) are a nice addition to any boat. The RETAIL as a factory installed product at $400. With labor and the parts figure the cost would be very close to the same from a dealer.

Jim@BAWS

agua4fun
01-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Agua:

What dealer did your installation?

Action Watersports in the Grand Rapids area (MI)
They have been a great dealer

hleepert
01-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Action Watersports in the Grand Rapids area (MI)
They have been a great dealer

Have you tried Devil's Lake Watersports? It's right on 223 west of Adrian. Much closer to you than Grand Rapids. They have great service and people. Pat Apling is in charge of service and Mike Apling is new boats. I've purdased all my boats except the first one through them.

flipper
01-08-2006, 02:03 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=5094&highlight=cleats

They are not "Mastercraft" cleats, and still are not cheap, but I thought these looked nice. There is a link on this thread to where he got his. Now I think I will get them. I have been looking also, all the other ones I have found are either cheap looking, or the price is close to the value of the boat. :eek3:

RobertT
01-08-2006, 02:59 PM
I bought two of the mastercraft cleats from my dealer. I found the exact same thing online without the mastercraft logo, but they were only $20.00 cheaper. I think the Mastercraft cleats were a little under fifty bucks a piece.

Since I already had the stock cleats up front, I figured they needed to match in back also.

I have not installed them yet....this post reminded me to put it on my list.

agua4fun
01-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Have you tried Devil's Lake Watersports? It's right on 223 west of Adrian. Much closer to you than Grand Rapids. They have great service and people. Pat Apling is in charge of service and Mike Apling is new boats. I've purdased all my boats except the first one through them.

I bought the boat (used) from Action, and had them install cleats and a depth finder before i left the lot. I have been up to devils lake twice, once for service, and once to winterize. they will be the dealer i will work with most for sure. and yes Pat in service was VERY helpful.

-V-
04-08-2012, 12:04 PM
yeah, I am digging up old threads. Did anyone find the pop-up cleats for a good price? I am looking to replace my stock cleats on my 210 without having to modify anything.

agarabaghi
04-08-2012, 01:14 PM
I found a set of 4 on ebay for $100 with the mastercraft logo. Keep your eyes open. I still haven't installed mine yet.. lol

JRW160
04-08-2012, 08:03 PM
$34 each for the 6" here. They are the same as the mastercraft oem ones, but they don't have the mastercraft logo. I installed them last year. I think my dealer wanted $75 each for them.
http://shop.acconmarine.com/products/102-450-style-pull-up-cleat.aspx

BrooksfamX2
04-08-2012, 08:34 PM
I just added 2 midships cleats to my X2. We raft up we raft up all the time with other boats and really need the cleats.......

They are not hard to install yourself.

-V-
04-08-2012, 08:42 PM
I am thinking about replacing the exsisting ones.

TOO-TALL
04-08-2012, 08:52 PM
$34 each for the 6" here. They are the same as the mastercraft oem ones, but they don't have the mastercraft logo. I installed them last year. I think my dealer wanted $75 each for them.
http://shop.acconmarine.com/products/102-450-style-pull-up-cleat.aspx

I bought these over the winter and installed them.Very happy so far with them.

jessejames
05-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I bought these over the winter and installed them.Very happy so far with them.

Can you post or send pictures of how they look installed? I'm considering for my 99 Prostar 205v I just bought. It doesn't have any cleats and we also raft up to other boats. I just want to see how flush they mount up. Do they feel solid with out a backer plate??

BrooksfamX2
05-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I just added 2, 4-1/2" MC logo'd pop up midships cleats. Got them for $35 each off ebay.

JRW160
05-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Can you post or send pictures of how they look installed? I'm considering for my 99 Prostar 205v I just bought. It doesn't have any cleats and we also raft up to other boats. I just want to see how flush they mount up. Do they feel solid with out a backer plate??I would recommend a backing plate. Have you checked to see if your boat has them? Mine has backing plates glassed in from the factory.

TOO-TALL
05-05-2012, 09:13 PM
My backer plates were installed at the factory.So I can't comment useing them with no backing plates.

BrooksfamX2
05-05-2012, 11:38 PM
you can easily add a backing plate. It doesnt need to be glassed in. 4200 or 5200 would work to glue it in place......

orbeamlb
05-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Put these on my PS 200. They fit close, highly polished finish and come with backing plates. Priced at $32.95 each right now.

SKU: Seadpg 0413041
Seadog Stainless Pull Up Cleats S Style

http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/product.cgi?product=113306&group=71414

Here's a shot of them on my boat. (Sorry, no close up)

jessejames
05-10-2012, 04:48 PM
My backer plates were installed at the factory.So I can't comment useing them with no backing plates.

Those look pretty nice! Good price too. I just wish they came with backer plates. I don't think my boat has them. I looked and couldn't find any, but had to kind of peel back carpet to check and didn't want to get carried away. Where are they exactly on the boats that have them? Why would some of the same year and model have them and others not?

I wonder if there is anything else I could use for one...?

JRW160
05-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Those look pretty nice! Good price too. I just wish they came with backer plates. I don't think my boat has them. I looked and couldn't find any, but had to kind of peel back carpet to check and didn't want to get carried away. Where are they exactly on the boats that have them? Why would some of the same year and model have them and others not?

I wonder if there is anything else I could use for one...?

What boat do you have?

jessejames
05-21-2012, 02:52 PM
99 Prostar 205V

jessejames
06-11-2013, 06:46 PM
FYI to any viewers. I ended up going with the Mastercraft pop ups (smaller ones) with the resessed logo. They cost a little more, but were/are very nice. I also did not use any backing plates and haven't had a problem yet. I don't tie up over night though.