PDA

View Full Version : Want to add a subwoofer? Look Here!

Scot
01-06-2006, 04:51 PM
For those of you that would like to add a great sounding subwoofer without the hassle of building a custom box, mounting and connecting a separate amp, etc. check out the Infinity Basslink II.... I bought two this Christmas for my wife and son. Installed one in the hatchback of the wife's Supra and the other behind the seat of my son's Z71 4x4. Just had to connect the power lead to the battery, grnd, RCA cables to the SUB-out, and remote turn on to the head and away you go!

The basslink will even work with speaker level inputs... (I would not go there). It also comes with a remote volume for the sub if your head unit does not have the capability to adjust the sub level....

They list for $399 at circuit city, (go there for demo). I bought mine online from subwooferetc.com for $265 plus $25 shipping. Great service. I ordered on Monday and received it on Thursday!

The result? Fantastic, CONTROLABLE, sweet lows that will make any head unit sound 100x better.. What a great inexpensive, (relatively speaking), upgrade!

BTW Alpine now makes a head unit with IPOD controls and connecter... no adapter necessary.... That will be my next purchase for the MC....

BrianM
01-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Looks good. I have considered using an 8" powered Bazooka tube. Seems like basicly the same consept in a different package. What makes this better than the tube?

rodltg2
01-06-2006, 06:23 PM
not nearly enough for me..

milkmania
01-06-2006, 06:29 PM

sounds like Rod likes to get jiggy with ithttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/jackson.gif

Ric
01-06-2006, 06:48 PM
did you keep all that stuff you had in the 197 ?

rodltg2
01-06-2006, 06:53 PM
yes i did.

Scot
01-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Looks good. I have considered using an 8" powered Bazooka tube. Seems like basicly the same consept in a different package. What makes this better than the tube?

To be honest, I chose the Infinity because I think it gave me the most bang for the buck... 250 watts of pretty good quality amp in a smaller 10" square sub package. I'm sure the Bazooka is just as good... Also the infinity lists at $399 and got it $265... I have a friend that has a Bazooka in their Jeep... To me it fell short... However I don't know which model it was. I just nodded and said it sounded great!

Any powered amp is not going to satisfy the one who is willing to spend big jackola on their system so the WB'r or skier can hear it while in motion. But, if you just want to "upgrade" from just a 4-speaker system and enjoy your tunes a moderate party level, like when hanging off the swim platform, that has enough bass to get the slimmies moving one or two boats away, the powered amp is the way to go... ( for under 3 bills) And before you custom guys get all head up, YES ,I know these high end systems sound extremely good at lower listening levels too... ( you cannot compensate for horsepower)

I was also pointing people to woofersetc.com for great prices and service on what ever one might choose.

BTW my friend with the Jeep heard mine last night and had the "mine doesn't sound like that" look on their face....

One more thing... Bazooka does make a "Marine" sub which has merits of its own...

BrianM
01-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks Scot,

I am truely just trying to get opinions from people. Going with a powered sub is my speed and price range so I just wanted to get your feeling on the Bazooka vs Infinity. It sounds like the biggest difference is juice, The 8" Bazooka is 100w that 10" Infinity is 250.

Just kicking around ideas. I would just like to have something in the boat for a little more umph hanging out at the dock etc. Usually the tunes get turned off while we ski as it is distracting to me driving the course.