PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong??

Mag_Red
01-06-2006, 01:59 PM
To tape phone conversations with your ex-wife?

Ric
01-06-2006, 02:01 PM
is she talking dirty to you?

Mag_Red
01-06-2006, 02:03 PM
is she talking dirty to you?hardly :uglyhamme I was going to do it when she starting with the pscho phone calls telling me how pathetic my life was, how I didn't care about my daughter, and how I never did anything for her :rolleyes:

rodltg2
01-06-2006, 02:19 PM
government is already doing it , why not

André
01-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Tape a couples of phone calls ,then take them to the judge to get a restriction order from him.
Does your daughter knows about it?How does she feel ? Maybe she could talk to your ex and try to reason her.
That's sad coming from a grown adult...

MarkP
01-06-2006, 02:29 PM
“Is it wrong”

Only if its illegal. I guess you could check with the judge or Doug on that..

If its not legal it doesn’t do you any good unless you just want it to play at parties..

River Rat
01-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Not at all

I recorded my conversations with my ex for close to 2 years just in case she ever took me to court to take my kids away from me. I don’t know if it would have helped but it sure would have shown what a NUT she was! You might want to check on your state laws as well, would not be good to have the recordings and not be able to use them.

PendO
01-06-2006, 02:44 PM

Here is some cut and past from a few websites, not sure if it is good law or not, but may point in the right direction.

might want to check this list and send an email to the person listed for ohio ... (http://www.pimall.com/nais/n.tel.tape.law.html)

from this second link it looks like you may be able to do it. (http://www.pimall.com/nais/n.recordlaw.html) "The federal law makes it unlawful to record telephone conversations except in one party consent cases which permit one party consent recording by state law. What that means is a person can record their own telephone conversations without the knowledge or consent of the other party in those states that allow one party consent.

It's important to understand the difference between what has become known as one party consent and two party or all party consent. One party consent simply means that one party to the conversation must have knowledge and give consent to the recording. Two party or all party consent means that every party to the conversation must have knowledge and give consent to the recording.

There are twelve states that require all party consent. They are:" (link above)

shepherd
01-06-2006, 03:03 PM
I believe Linda Tripp got into trouble with the Maryland authorities for recording her conversations with Monica Lewinsky. Checked the list -- Maryland is a 2-party consent state, so there you go...

M-Funf
01-06-2006, 03:27 PM
It really depends on where you live, I think. Here in CA we have to TELL the other person that we may be recording the call, then it's legal. If you don't tell them, it's not legal.

Scot
01-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Ok, here you go.... Use your answering machine.... In jest, your message should state." Thanks for calling, your call is very important, please hold while your call is being transferred, calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes. Have the machine pick every call from your ex., then you can answer right after the message is played. Notification done..... all of your friends will know and understand what you are doing... your x will not "understand" the joke is on her!

PendO
01-06-2006, 03:53 PM
It really depends on where you live, I think. Here in CA we have to TELL the other person that we may be recording the call, then it's legal. If you don't tell them, it's not legal.

http://www.pimall.com/nais/n.recordlaw.html

east tx skier
01-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Side note. If you're a lawyer in Texas, you can not record (or cause to be recorded) a conversation unless you tell the other party to the conversation about it.

PendO
01-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Side note. If you're a lawyer in Texas, you can not record (or cause to be recorded) a conversation unless you tell the other party to the conversation about it.

What if you live in one of the twelve ... I suppose you could put the call on speakerphone, or have someone else listen in on "mute" , not that it matters, just postulating.

east tx skier
01-06-2006, 04:04 PM
If the law is as written, as long as you're not recording it, I don't think letting your buddy listen is against the law (again, if what I just read is the law). Depends on what the courts said though.

jimmer2880
01-06-2006, 04:34 PM
I could be wrong, and it has been many many years. But, I remember getting harrasing phone calls at my parents house. They called the police & legally got a recorder put on our line. So, if your ex is harrassing ;) you, you may be able to go through your local PD & legally do it even if you're in a 2 party state.

east tx skier
01-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Now I'm second guessing myself. Any other lawyers in Texas feel free to jump in here. Maybe it's not illegal (I can't remember). But it is most certainly an ethical violation that could get a lawyer in this state in trouble with the State Bar.

lakes Rick
01-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Now I'm second guessing myself. Any other lawyers in Texas feel free to jump in here. Maybe it's not illegal (I can't remember). But it is most certainly an ethical violation that could get a lawyer in this state in trouble with the State Bar.

Record her and put em on here!!!!!

Farmer Ted
01-07-2006, 01:58 AM
http://www.nch.com.au/trx/

Download it and try it, will work on your home computer as long as you have a voice/data modem. Some computers have only a data modem and this program will not work with that. Saves the recording as a windows media file and the quality is 9 of 10, much better than using a pass through or suction mike.

If you live in a one party state record it, especially if you think you'll be able to use it for leverage later on down the road.

If you live in a two party state, record it but you probably won't be able to use it in court but you might be able to use it to call her bluff.

Leroy
01-07-2006, 02:15 AM
Just say at the beginning this is being recorded. She probably won't believe it or will still lose it.

lakes Rick
01-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Don't you think she might be an agent for AlQaida ( spelling?) The taping what she says under the Patriot Act is OK!!!!!!!!!

6ballsisall
01-07-2006, 01:40 PM
So sorry to hear your going thru that BS Mag!

Get VOIP home phone line. You can record those calls and they are digitially recorded over the web. Then you are dialed in!

Datdude
01-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Just say at the beginning this is being recorded. She probably won't believe it or will still lose it.

That is what I would do

AirJunky
01-11-2006, 07:59 PM
GUTS or BALLS ?

We've all heard about people having guts or balls.
But do you really know the difference between them?

In an effort to keep you informed, the definition for each is
listed below

GUTS - is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being
assaulted by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to ask:
"Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?"

BALLS - is coming home late after a night out with the guys,
smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping
your wife on the butt and having the balls to say: "You're next."

I hope this clears up any confusion on the subject.

twieder
01-11-2006, 11:32 PM
A friend of mine did that with his ex. Judge told him as long as one party is aware the conversation is being recorded it's ok.Oh she got two counts of contemt of court from a tape!

BriEOD
01-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Don't you think she might be an agent for AlQaida ( spelling?) The taping what she says under the Patriot Act is OK!!!!!!!!!
Rick you kill me!

twieder
01-11-2006, 11:42 PM
GUTS or BALLS ?

listed below

lol tears in eyes :banana: :purplaugh :purplaugh :purplaugh

Leroy
01-11-2006, 11:43 PM
I thought we would have audio on this thread by now??

I have neither guts or balls, good one!

BriEOD
01-12-2006, 09:44 AM
lol tears in eyes :banana: :purplaugh :purplaugh :purplaugh
That was pretty funny.

MarkP
01-12-2006, 09:51 AM
GUTS or BALLS ?

listed below

Thank you for that AJ..

You know I have to go out and find an excuse to use the balls one nohttp://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/images/smilies/grineyes.gif

Workin' 4 Toys
01-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Record her and put em on here!!!!!
My vote.....