PDA

View Full Version : Portland Boat Show

Nuts4Water
01-06-2006, 01:30 AM
Anyone going to the upcoming Portland Boat Show.

Anyone going to buy a new boat?

I am sure Mark from Portland Ski Boat will have an awesome display. He always has the best looking one there!!

I will have to get some pictures and post them:firejump:

prostar205
01-06-2006, 01:46 AM
I was thinking of it but ours (Seattle) got moved up a week because of the Seahawks playoff bye this week. I know Mark is going to have an X15, which I would love to see in person. I do not think Copes will have one for the show in Seattle.

Say "HI" to Mark and the boys (and girls) down there. I bought my current X30 from him last Dec. 2004. I also bought my first boat from him in 1989 when he was up here in Seattle.

sand2snow22
01-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Nuts, I'll be there...I might know what the theme is and I have to say I'm not a fan. Mark will still have the best looking and best made boats at the show. Makes it easy to sell 20-30 of them in a week.

redmike
01-06-2006, 01:55 AM
was going to try to make it to both, but am getting sent to San Diego for work for a month. Oh well, sun and 70's is alot better than this RAIN!

wtrjock
01-12-2006, 06:41 PM
I went to the Portland Boat Show last night. The MC display was pretty cool. Totally unique. Hints: Cargo, Camo, Fencing, and Mark in Fatigues! I saw the X15, looks like a more expensive, little bit bigger X10. I am glad I bought the 2005 X10. I still am not sold on the new gel coat style.

It is kind of funny, because when we were walking out, we noticed a Twin Screw 2004 X80 on a triaxle trailer. That boat was 5x sexier than the 2006 X80. No offense to any that have bought the 06, but the new gel coat has really taken the sexiness out of the boat.

I will post up some pictures tonight or tomorrow. I think I forgot to get picks of the display, but I do have some picks of the X15 and X2.

Seeing their black flake X10, really made me miss my boat. Can't wait to get her out of storage and back on the water.

Travis
2005 Canadian Blue Flake X10

sand2snow22
01-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Trav-Where do you usually ride? This is from the show.....

sand2snow22
01-13-2006, 01:51 AM
Here is a decent shot of the X-2

sand2snow22
01-13-2006, 01:54 AM
Ski fans, do you like the red and the graphics?

erkoehler
01-13-2006, 01:58 AM

The red yes, the graphics NO. I think although they aren't great by any means they are too far forward on the boat. They should have been under or behind the rear tower mount.

jkski
01-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Not a big fan of the new graphics. I like mine with the MasterCraft down the side, and you can still get this boat like that.
As far as the X2, X1, etc. I'd like to see what it would look like with MC spelled out down the side and the X2,X1 graphic in the rear. It just seems to me that there is too much open space down the side. (probably why I am not a designer of these things)

PendO
01-13-2006, 06:32 PM

not really, but I guess you know what manf. it is when you see it on the water.

PeteX-Star
01-18-2006, 03:11 AM
Im glad you guys liked the display we at Portland Ski Boat Center love to go above and beyond to show off new stuff, because it is the coolest stuff out there and we all know that. I am the other sales guy in portland, I have not been on this site before but now I will be watching what every body is saying so look out. Also I will be happy to answer any questions about our boats I am kinda of a know it all. But I love our boats and am very passionate about our boats and my job. I have the best job in the would and work in the best city there is and Portland Ski Boat Center ROCKS.
Pat

sizzler
01-18-2006, 03:31 AM
welcome pete....i'm sure the guys will make use of your experience...

sand2snow22
01-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Im glad you guys liked the display we at Portland Ski Boat Center love to go above and beyond to show off new stuff, because it is the coolest stuff out there and we all know that. I am the other sales guy in portland, I have not been on this site before but now I will be watching what every body is saying so look out. Also I will be happy to answer any questions about our boats I am kinda of a know it all. But I love our boats and am very passionate about our boats and my job. I have the best job in the would and work in the best city there is and Portland Ski Boat Center ROCKS.
Pat

Welcome to the site. Congrats on the baby, promotion and new boat!! What colors did you get? New or old graphics? When does she arrive? You know we'll want to see pictures. Do you have any billet rope hangers in stock? How do you attach them to the tower, drill and bolt?

wtrjock
01-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Sand, we usually ride behind Big Eddy on the Columbia. We also take a couple of trips to Lake Billy Chinook in the summer. I plan to get up to 10th St. this year. I heard there is some good riding to be had up on the Wallamette.

It would be good to hook up with some other MC owners in the Portland Area. Maybe we should set up some group outings this summer.

I am jonesing to get our boat out of storage. Can't wait for the sunshine.

Cheers,

Travis
Gresham, OR 2005 Canadian Blue Flake X-10

jayocheskey
01-20-2006, 03:34 PM
I wish. If I had a deeper wallet, I'd be flying to this one. Portland might be one of my favorite cities.

jeverett
01-20-2006, 04:01 PM
jayocheskey I wish. If I had a deeper wallet, I'd be flying to this one. Portland might be one of my favorite cities.

I would half to agree. Portland is one of the finest Cities if you like Water and snow to satisfy your time while you wait for the warmer weather again. I was born and raised there, I only live in Bend because Portland is to close to Mom and Dad, and the Skiings not bad here either.

Just so I am not threadjacking, I must say that the MC booth was Kick A$$. I have been a MC fan my whole life, and have driven just about every brand out there, for the exception of a Moomba which I will not be caught dead in because of the name :) My favorite boat was the red X7, not enthused about the grafics but if I had 50K burnin a whole, I would have driven away with that boat.

Did evryone check out the HOT Pink Malibu they were gining away? I thaught those colors were long gone.

jayocheskey
01-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Did evryone check out the HOT Pink Malibu they were gining away? I thaught those colors were long gone.

Do you have a pic of the Hot Pink 'Bu? I have an awful mental picture of this hideous pink boat in my head. I don't know if I'd want to win a Pink boat - I know that sounds pretty snooty, but it's PINK.

jeverett
01-20-2006, 04:08 PM
I forgot my camera that day. Maybe Sandtosnow22 got a pic. My 93 PS 190 has a tiny Redish pink pin stripe which I plan on Gelcoating out to dark gray. This thing was PINK and black but mostly PINK! :eek:

rodltg2
01-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Do you have a pic of the Hot Pink 'Bu? I have an awful mental picture of this hideous pink boat in my head. I don't know if I'd want to win a Pink boat - I know that sounds pretty snooty, but it's PINK.

i think the pink bu color was added because some guy at malibu's daughter wanted a pink boat.

rick s.
01-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Pat

In my humble opinion, I think that you will find several other equally humble know-it-alls on this site, so welcome! We look forward to pulling your anchor chain.

sand2snow22
01-21-2006, 12:41 AM
I forgot my camera that day. Maybe Sandtosnow22 got a pic. My 93 PS 190 has a tiny Redish pink pin stripe which I plan on Gelcoating out to dark gray. This thing was PINK and black but mostly PINK! :eek:

Got it. I was taking a picture of the 247, the flame on boat is in the background. Dallas Friday says she has a pink boat in the new wakeboarding mag, I wouldn't be caught dead in it. It's funny b/c the owner of the Malibu dealer saw me taking a picture of the 247 and noticed I had a Mastercraft bag in my hand. He said "The Malibu will do 48 MPH unlike the boat in your hand that will only do 35?" Things that make you go hmmm.......I'm pretty sure my X-2 with the MCX can take the 247 any day of the week!!!

sand2snow22
01-21-2006, 01:14 AM
dSand, we usually ride behind Big Eddy on the Columbia. We also take a couple of trips to Lake Billy Chinook in the summer. I plan to get up to 10th St. this year. I heard there is some good riding to be had up on the Wallamette.

It would be good to hook up with some other MC owners in the Portland Area. Maybe we should set up some group outings this summer.

Cheers,

Travis
Gresham, OR 2005 Canadian Blue Flake X-10

I heard about big eddy from another guy at the boat show, he just purchased a new X-2. Haven't been to Billy Chinook, yet, but it's on the list. We usually ride at a lake in Washington. If I told you where, I'd have to you know **** ***. Yes, the Willamette at 10th street can be good, but it can get a little windy. Be carefull b/c a little upstream is narrow and lots of rocks. There is another launch about 15 min upstream from 10th street. The water is usually glass pretty much from there upsream to Newberg. Wet Wednesdays downtown is pretty fun, too. The Willamette kills me, though. It's so brown & polluted. And to make it worse at 10th street, just downstream is where West Linn's sewage treated water enters? It's probably OK, but the smell? :mad:

I'm down for a MC hookup, last year we were on the Willamette on a Saturday and Active Watersports must have had an event b/c about 45 MB's and Moomba's went by. Great idea, have to try to get Mark in on it. Love your Canadian blue X-10, I think I remember seeing it at the dealer.

sand2snow22
01-21-2006, 01:20 AM

Haven't seen the sun in awhile? Yeah, if I need an MC fix, I just head to the garage. Can't wait for warmer weather, tho. Remember last March when it was 75 degrees? 2006 rudder, billet tower rope holder and enclosed Sub are on the list so far......

PendO
01-21-2006, 02:28 AM
In my humble opinion, I think that you will find several other equally humble know-it-alls on this site, so welcome! We look forward to pulling your anchor chain.

Nice! :toast:

Nuts4Water
01-21-2006, 06:14 AM
Pat

I can totally vouch for Pat and the rest of Mark's crew at Portland Ski Boat. They all are a GREAT bunch of people there and I would never go anywhere else. They all have gone above and beyond at one time or another to listen and take care of any question or concern I might or may have had oe have. Also Pat WILL answer any question you have because he totally loves Mastercrafts and knows those boats in and out. Also if you ever have any questions where to "sack" any boat with extra weight he would be the one to ask!! ROCK ON!! :headbang:

Nuts4Water
01-21-2006, 06:20 AM
d

I heard about big eddy from another guy at the boat show, he just purchased a new X-2. Haven't been to Billy Chinook, yet, but it's on the list. We usually ride at a lake in Washington. If I told you where, I'd have to you know **** ***. Yes, the Willamette at 10th street can be good, but it can get a little windy. Be carefull b/c a little upstream is narrow and lots of rocks. There is another launch about 15 min upstream from 10th street. The water is usually glass pretty much from there upsream to Newberg. Wet Wednesdays downtown is pretty fun, too. The Willamette kills me, though. It's so brown & polluted. And to make it worse at 10th street, just downstream is where West Linn's sewage treated water enters? It's probably OK, but the smell? :mad:

I'm down for a MC hookup, last year we were on the Willamette on a Saturday and Active Watersports must have had an event b/c about 45 MB's and Moomba's went by. Great idea, have to try to get Mark in on it. Love your Canadian blue X-10, I think I remember seeing it at the dealer.

I agree too that we have to have some kind of MC get together. I am 100% sure that Mark would get in on it too!

prostar205
01-22-2006, 01:46 AM
I could definately be convinced to make to trip down from Seattle especially since I bought my X30 from Mark last year. I also bought my first boat from him in 1989 when he was up in Seattle.

Set it up and they will come.