PDA

View Full Version : Girls gone grabbin'

shepherd
01-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Hmmmmm... , :rolleyes:

http://www.catfishgrabblers.com/GGGMusicVideo300k.wmv

Well, when the lake is too choppy to ski, momma can always catch some dinner.

jmyers
01-05-2006, 03:42 PM
What the H**L would give someone the idea to grab catfish? :eek: Some people must be relly bored! Sorry if I offend any National Catfish Grabber Champions! :D

jbfootin
01-05-2006, 03:48 PM
I'll bet they wouldn't be afraid to try barfootin also! :love:

pick a joke: What smells like fish or who says you need a worm. :D

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Um, ok......

bradamerry
01-05-2006, 05:11 PM
You guys have never done that??? :confused:

Tom023
01-05-2006, 05:16 PM
The TV show "Dirty Jobs" did a segment on that but the boys didn't wear gloves! It didn't look like much fun when a snapping turtle was in the hole instead of a catfish.

Sodar
01-05-2006, 06:14 PM
That episode of dirty jobs was on last night... it was gross how they had to skin them and then break the backbone. I have fished in the salt all my life and I have never seen a fish skinned that way.

Gofast
01-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Once upon a time when I lived out in the country.....

I lived on 3 acres between Claremore & Pryor. My neighbor used to "Noodle" catfish and then put the heads on his fince post. Most of them were over 40lbs and several pushed 60 punds. The Heads were huge upto 12" in diameter.

Talk about a smell...He tossed them all after a couple of complaints.

You want the stories of him cleaning the deer on his front porch?

All in all a good neighbor, but it really freaked out my "City" frineds when they would visit.

Rob

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 06:18 PM
of course the banjo is plucking in the backround :banana:

sassydog
01-05-2006, 06:24 PM
you know i'll admit, i've been attracted to some strange type of women; chicks with devastating scars, the heavily tattooed, female assasins. but seeing those women in that cesspool reaching for catfish made me want to vomit, that just seems like a step down for the human race

Datdude
01-05-2006, 06:27 PM
That episode of dirty jobs was on last night... it was gross how they had to skin them and then break the backbone. I have fished in the salt all my life and I have never seen a fish skinned that way.

I had a hard time watching that segment along with the golf ball collectors-NASTY JOBS!!!!

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 06:31 PM
assasins? wow!

Tom023
01-05-2006, 06:32 PM
I had a hard time watching that segment along with the golf ball collectors-NASTY JOBS!!!!

The one down in the sewer cleaning out the grease and other solids from the trap was the nastiest one I saw. I heard they filmed an episode in New Orleans at a place where they took all the refrigerators for disposal. Some poor guy had the job to clean them out after sitting for months.

sassydog
01-05-2006, 06:33 PM
c'mon i know you guys have seen Kill Bill. tell me uma thurman wasn't hot standing there covered in blood and sweat after she just slaughtered someone. let it out all you closet assasin lovers

mbeach
01-05-2006, 09:15 PM
pretty exciting chicks. would not want to get into a tobacco spitting contest with any of them, however.

JEREMY79
01-05-2006, 09:40 PM
a couple of them werent bad looking

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 09:45 PM
I'll bet they smell like fish though! :D

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 10:02 PM

Makes me sick just thinking about it......

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 10:07 PM
C'mon Erk, ain't you never gone fishin'? :D
Makes me sick just thinking about it......

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 10:09 PM
C'mon Erk, ain't you never gone fishin'? :D

Oh, I have been fishin :firejump:

Foiler
01-05-2006, 11:11 PM
you know i'll admit, i've been attracted to some strange type of women; chicks with devastating scars, the heavily tattooed, female assasins. but seeing those women in that cesspool reaching for catfish made me want to vomit, that just seems like a step down for the human race

Looks like good clean fun...they could be doing a lot worse.
I'd rather be around girls like the ones in the video then the ones that totally freak out and run like it's a matter of life or death when they see a bug or spider.

lakes Rick
01-05-2006, 11:12 PM

I want to comment so bad on this one, but best if I keep my mouth shut for once.....

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Just like that catfish I knew that one would get you out! C'mon lakes this has been a good postin' night and we need some good ole' catfish hole humor!
I want to comment so bad on this one, but best if I keep my mouth shut for once.....

88 PS190
01-06-2006, 12:45 AM
C'mon how old are most of those girls???

Noodling is actually starting to get outlawed in areas, more effective than fishing for cats.

And um disfuguring scars? Maybe if i was frakenstein, then we could sit and compare, but that's no turn on in my book.

JEREMY79
01-06-2006, 08:28 AM
pepole around here have been noodling for a long time. (since the lake was here). Just another sport here.

BriEOD
01-06-2006, 08:36 AM
Maybe they couldn't afford a rod and reel. :confused:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-06-2006, 09:35 AM
OK, that was interesting. It isnt my cup of tea, but hey its cool if thats what they like. That dirty a$$ water freaked me out more than the fish did. I heard that catfish can be pretty nasty and can hurt you, is that true? :confused:

so there is a similar event up here in the north. Although I have never done it, I know several people who can. I have heard its a delicate skill, but some people up here can grab trout out of streams with their bare hands. I have a cousin and her boyfriend can do it. His grandfather taught him the skill. He will scout a river for a good looking pool, very slowly and quietly creep up on it on his belly trying not to pound the ground. Then he reaches his hand under the bank and feels for fish. Trout cant feel touch on their sides, only their back, belly, and fins can detect touch. so you need some luck in this area. you need to carefully feel for the fish, then you determine where you are touching it, then you slowly slide your thumb and index finger up just behind its gills. you get a feel for the fish' breathing rhythm, then when its gills open, you very quickly slide your finger and thumb up into the gills, grab down as hard as you can and HOLD ON! the fish wildly thrashes to break free and then you try to quickly get the fish out from under the bank and whip it up on dry ground away from the river. its a task for sure. If your lucky, you will find the fish in open pools where you can see them and walk up to them, but its tricky. He has offered to take me the last few years in the spring time, but we never seem to hook up. Maybe I will try this year. I would love to see that happen. I have talked to alot of people that have tried and failed. I am half tempted to try it myself. the only deterrent is a ticket from the conservation officer if you get caught. anyway, I guess fish grabbing is popular everywhere :uglyhamme

sassydog
01-06-2006, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=Upper Michigan Prostar190]OK, that was interesting. It isnt my cup of tea, but hey its cool if thats what they like. That dirty a$$ water freaked me out more than the fish did. I heard that catfish can be pretty nasty and can hurt you, is that true? :confused: QUOTE]

hey Erk! i think that was is cleaner than the Fox when we go footin' !!

east tx skier
01-06-2006, 04:24 PM
I don't care how hot the girl might be, that would be a deal killer for me. He||, I won't even eat catfish.

Scot
01-06-2006, 04:25 PM
One thing is for sure.... If one of them is "your girl", you can bet she's got your back!

east tx skier
01-06-2006, 04:28 PM
... your shoulders, your 5 o'clock shadow, and your testosterone levels.

jmyers
01-06-2006, 04:29 PM
From a Fly Fishing pureist like myself.....leave the poor fish alone! :( If I tried that out here I would be fined and would have my license taken away! Different strokes for different folks, it must be a Southern thang! :D

east tx skier
01-06-2006, 04:35 PM
We need to make something very clear. Either Texas is Southwest or it is not, generally a Southern thing. ;) I'll iterate, I won't even eat catfish. It may be the one exception to my "anything fried tastes good" rule.

PendO
01-06-2006, 04:42 PM
that is a sweet video

jmyers
01-06-2006, 04:48 PM
that is a sweet video
Come on Casey you know they would lock up (even women) out here and throw away the key!! Now if they were topless...It might be different! :eek3:

PendO
01-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Come on Casey you know they would lock up (even women) out here and throw away the key!! Now if they were topless...It might be different! :eek3:

yeah, but Michael Jackson and OJ walk free in Cali ... I ate blackend catfish in Mississippi once, I thought it was pretty good:)

jmyers
01-06-2006, 05:28 PM
yeah, but Michael Jackson and OJ walk free in Cali ... I ate blackend catfish in Mississippi once, I thought it was pretty good:)
But did they catch that Catfish or "grab it" :rolleyes: And Jackson and Simpson don't fish!! And if they did they would probably be in prison Game Wardens don't mess around!!

shepherd
01-06-2006, 05:31 PM
... I ate blackend catfish in Mississippi once, I thought it was pretty good:)

I think cooks generally "blacken" fish to cover up the nasty taste of the fish being blackened with all those spicy spices... :cool:

Scot
01-06-2006, 05:59 PM
If I tried that out here I would be fined and would have my license taken away! :D

Help me out here. Is it illegal to "catch" fish with your bare hands?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-06-2006, 06:07 PM

It sure is in Michigan!!! I dont know what the penalties are, but it is certainly illegal.

jrcarte78
01-06-2006, 07:34 PM

I think noodling is still legal here in NW AR. But, I haven't heard of many people doing it. That's more of an east AR past time. I have heard that some parts of the state are trying to outlaw it.

atlfootr
01-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Noodlin'n, what?
You mean you've never try'd that :rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Wow were you bored this AM altfootr!!!!!! 8p

atlfootr
01-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Y u ask'n :confused:

pram
01-02-2008, 02:58 PM