PDA

View Full Version : '93 Stars & Stripes for sale

tph
01-05-2006, 11:21 AM
For any of you collectors out there:

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/boa/122304570.html

BrianM
01-05-2006, 12:04 PM
That is a nice looking boat, BUT $18,500 :eek3: Ouch!!!

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Steveo will let you have his for 20+ if he goes through his I want to sell the boat period this year...... :D

Great looking boat though!

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 01:16 PM
looks like myn old one, could be my old one

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Oh MarkP, it's close by. Who are you to refuse.

ski_king
01-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Oh MarkP, it's close by. Who are you to refuse.
Thats what I thought at first also, but this is Pittsburg/Antioch, which I believe is in the San Franisco area.
The Steelers play in the town with the "H" at the end.

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 01:29 PM
yeah your way of eastie, its near me, thats why i could be my old boat.

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Okay. Well, Rod, now's your chance to get it back. ;)

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 01:41 PM
and at only 7K more. what a deal.

BrianM
01-05-2006, 01:55 PM
I know the '93 S&S is a desirable model but you would be nuts to pay that kind of money for it. Now Rods $11k would be a little more like it.

G-man
01-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Trust me there are nuts out there, mine sold for over 22000.00 last year but it was in show condition, and was red. It wasn't for sale till I got the offer.

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Trust me there are nuts out there, mine sold for over 22000.00 last year but it was in show condition, and was red. It wasn't for sale till I got the offer.

How could you refuse at that price!!!! Anybody remember/know how much they were new in 1993????

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 04:40 PM
thats crazy, way too much dough

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 04:43 PM
thats crazy, way too much dough

There is one that is in St. Germain WI and sits in the guys garage year around. I only know it is there because I happened to drive by when the door was open. Have never seen it since, and I probably have driven past the house atleast 500 times since then. I would be amazed if it touched water more than once or twice a year. It is a true collectors piece!

G-man
01-05-2006, 05:25 PM
new in 93 on factory trailer with TT&L $24500.00 Dallas
They were more in South Florida at one dealer who is no longer in business

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 06:15 PM
i wonder what the 2008 40th will be like? that should be one cool machine.

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 06:24 PM
There is one that is in St. Germain WI and sits in the guys garage year around. I only know it is there because I happened to drive by when the door was open. Have never seen it since, and I probably have driven past the house atleast 500 times since then. I would be amazed if it touched water more than once or twice a year. It is a true collectors piece!

What color? I'd imagine it needs a carb rebuild.

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 06:32 PM
i think ill wait and re buy the old 93 in about 10 years when the pirce has dropped. that way i can have a project boat to work on as well.

Jim@BAWS
01-05-2006, 06:45 PM
i think ill wait and re buy the old 93 in about 10 years when the pirce has dropped. that way i can have a project boat to work on as well.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/1/80270161.htm

Don't look now here is another...This one is REALLY UNIQUE I know I have driven it

Rod and Brian,
Be happy that these boats are asking and getting close to what they want. These OLDER MCs are holding value better than ever. I SOLD Brian's 88 for GREAT money. It was very well maintained. I SOLD a 93 PS 190 SLOT 3 weeks ago for almost 14K IMMACULATE.

You really want the values to remain as high as possible

Jim@BAWS

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 06:52 PM
What color? I'd imagine it needs a carb rebuild.

It is a blue one. I highly doubt that it needs anything. From the way that he keeps his house, lawn, and other toys that are visible I would have to say the MC is pampered and cared for. I'd buy it in a heart beat!

River Rat
01-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Q1 what is the decal on the bow

Q2 is that the only thing that makes it unique

:confused: :confused:

BrianM
01-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Rod and Brian,
Be happy that these boats are asking and getting close to what they want. These OLDER MCs are holding value better than ever. I SOLD Brian's 88 for GREAT money. It was very well maintained. I SOLD a 93 PS 190 SLOT 3 weeks ago for almost 14K IMMACULATE.

You really want the values to remain as high as possible

Jim@BAWS

Ahmen. Don't get me wrong, I hope for the sake of all of us with well maintained older boats that people continue to get all the money for them. Hey, I had my '88 for three years and I made a couple of hundred bucks when I sold it. The only thing that boat cost me was a little maintenance and gas. Not bad. And if the guy that bought it from you takes care of it and sells it in a few years it probably won't cost him a dime (in value) to own either.

I say the same thing with the houses in my neighborhood when a new one goes on the market pushing the envelope on price. Hope they get it. Better for me in the long run.

BrianM
01-05-2006, 06:58 PM
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/1/80270161.htm

Don't look now here is another...This one is REALLY UNIQUE I know I have driven it

Jim@BAWS

This boat has been for sale for quite a while. If I remember correctly either you or the actual owner had it for sale at the begining of the summer. Why hasn't it sold?? Price looks descent.

I think that boat actually has a grey hull not the usual white it is just hard to tell from the pictures.

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM

I think the decal is a Bay Area Watersports Decal.

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 07:10 PM
yes just the graphics.

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Looks like it has special color matched dock lines also, but I wouldn't pay extra for that!

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 07:25 PM
he's been trying to sell that one for awhile. i came across it when i was looking for my boat last summer.

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 07:31 PM
he's been trying to sell that one for awhile. i came across it when i was looking for my boat last summer.

I think it has been posted on here a minimum of 5 times.

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 08:13 PM
nice looking boat though, dont mind seeing it 5 times. although id prefer a swimsuit hottie 5 times over the same boat.

Cloaked
01-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Any boat is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Thus it's still sitting unsold.

For me, I am way over the 93 model because of this very reason.... Go jack someone else please... ;)

I'm looking for a 95 - 97 Pro190 or a late 209 (after being in both Jeff's and Bob's boats at Lake Cumberland... very nice rides indeed).

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 08:18 PM
I would agree that Platinum, S & S and any Team editions I can look at any time! A slimmie would be cool as well but I have sites for that too! :D

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 08:19 PM
true, but i like seeing the girls you guys actually know and hang with.

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Oh, nevermind!
true, but i like seeing the girls you guys actually know and hang with.

Jim@BAWS
01-05-2006, 08:21 PM
I think it has been posted on here a minimum of 5 times.

The boat went up forsale by me at the VERY END of the summer. It belongs to my brother in law. Dean Witmer in New York. Dean is an investor/minor owner in BAWS. Great guy very knowledgable. That boat is unique because it is GRAY instead of white. I have NEVER seen another one like it. All fresh water use. Dean is the second owner of the boat and has put less than 50 hours on it in 2 summers. The marketing on the boat my be out of wack I am in Florida trying to sell a boat in upstate NY. BAWS was able to get some FACTORY original skins for the boat before MC stopped making them for that year. So Dean has a few extra skins for it.

That BAWS LOGO adds $10 grand the boat...the new owner can remove it but I am sure it will help with resale
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Just know that there is one out there forsale. Under 350 hours 285 HP HO 1:1 transmission 4 blade stainless cutter 13 x 13.5. New Clarion Stereo. MC single axle trailer full cover winterized

Jim@BAWS

Cloaked
01-05-2006, 08:24 PM
And Jim, I meant nothing personal toward you or anyone in particular. That was a general comment and opinion on my part...

You do a lot for us here and I thank you. You are the only single proven stand up dealer that I have seen in my 27 years of boats...

On that note, thank you.

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Can I get one of those "BAWS LOGOS" please!
Go JB! :D

logoThe boat went up forsale by me at the VERY END of the summer. It belongs to my brother in law. Dean Witmer in New York. Dean is an investor/minor owner in BAWS. Great guy very knowledgable. That boat is unique because it is GRAY instead of white. I have NEVER seen another one like it. All fresh water use. Dean is the second owner of the boat and has put less than 50 hours on it in 2 summers. The marketing on the boat my be out of wack I am in Florida trying to sell a boat in upstate NY. BAWS was able to get some FACTORY original skins for the boat before MC stopped making them for that year. So Dean has a few extra skins for it.

That BAWS LOGO adds $10 grand the boat...the new owner can remove it but I am sure it will help with resale

Just know that there is one out there forsale. Under 350 hours 285 HP HO 1:1 transmission 4 blade stainless cutter 13 x 13.5. New Clarion Stereo. MC single axle trailer full cover winterized

Jim@BAWS

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 08:25 PM
oh, at least 10K if not more.

Cloaked
01-05-2006, 08:28 PM
.......That BAWS LOGO adds $10 grand the boat...the new owner can remove it but I am sure it will help with resale

.......Jim@BAWS :D :D

Can someone please up the emoticon limit. I'll even tell you how to do it in the Admin control panel... GeeeeZZZZZ..... :dumbsetting@3:

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 08:29 PM
I can say our dealer here is solid. I can also say that I am sure a lot of us on this site would have no problem sporting the "BAWS" logo. Who knows it may pay off with the winter travelors. You would be seen on every lake in North America! :banana:

Jim@BAWS
01-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Can I get one of those "BAWS LOGOS" please!
Go JB! :D

logo

If it is worth that much to you...how much are you willing to pay.
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

Bob I will send you some sticker logos of you want N/C just PM me your address. I don't have any of those HUGE ones That was the vinyl shops mistake. 4 feet vs 4 inches...it did go to good use though.

Thanks

Jim@BAWS

Cloaked
01-05-2006, 08:31 PM
I can say our dealer here is solid. I can also say that I am sure a lot of us on this site would have no problem sporting the "BAWS" logo. Who knows it may pay off with the winter travelors. You would be seen on every lake in North America! :banana:I hear ya' Hoozier-Daddy..... But here's what I noticed distinctly about Jim...

He's here, every day, day in and day out and always steps up to those in need here. No questions ask in a manner of doubt. I like that.

Invite your local dealer here to join us if you please (in a very kind way). :banana:

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Exactly! I have a spot available anytime for the "BAWS" logo and I don't even like stickers!
PS. I won't hold you to the $10K guarantee!!!
I hear ya' Hoozier-Daddy..... But here's what I noticed distinctly about Jim...

He's here, every day, day in and day out and always steps up to those in need here. No questions ask in a manner of doubt. I like that.

Invite your local dealer here to join us if you please (in a very kind way). :banana:

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 08:36 PM
The boat went up forsale by me at the VERY END of the summer. It belongs to my brother in law. Dean Witmer in New York. Dean is an investor/minor owner in BAWS. Great guy very knowledgable. That boat is unique because it is GRAY instead of white. I have NEVER seen another one like it. All fresh water use. Dean is the second owner of the boat and has put less than 50 hours on it in 2 summers. The marketing on the boat my be out of wack I am in Florida trying to sell a boat in upstate NY. BAWS was able to get some FACTORY original skins for the boat before MC stopped making them for that year. So Dean has a few extra skins for it.

Jim@BAWS

Jim, I should have said that I have seen that picture of the boat atleast 5 times. Don't get me wrong, great boat, great picture, looks awesome, and I love the canopy on the lift!!!!

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 09:04 PM
ill buy in 10 years , maybe the sticker will be gone by then! :D :D

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 09:28 PM
$18,500 for a low hour S & S in pristine condition when you could have called Gekko! I'll take the $18,500 MC and my little piece of no wake history! As an owner of a very similar boat I cannot think of a better way to spend my hard earned $18,500. If I wanted it bad enough I would have it and someone else probably will! It is a beauty that is not available any longer. Yes I have had a few!

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 09:53 PM
$18,500 for a low hour S & S in pristine condition when you could have called Gekko! I'll take the $18,500 MC and my little piece of no wake history! As an owner of a very similar boat I cannot think of a better way to spend my hard earned $18,500. If I wanted it bad enough I would have it and someone else probably will! It is a beauty that is not available any longer. Yes I have had a few!

A few huh!

Everyone has there price, and I hope he gets his. Just makes my boat worth more...... :woohoo:

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 10:04 PM
OK, who's counting smart %$#! Just saying that while unless funds are very expendable I would not buy but considering what is out there I would not blame anyone. I love my boat and if it were made now for under $30K new yes it would be considered. S & S of course! See yah ERK! :D A few huh!

Everyone has there price, and I hope he gets his. Just makes my boat worth more...... :woohoo:

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 10:08 PM
OK, who's counting smart %$#! Just saying that while unless funds are very expendable I would not buy but considering what is out there I would not blame anyone. I love my boat and if it were made now for under $30K new yes it would be considered. S & S of course! See yah ERK! :D

Just having fun w/ ya, and boosting my post count. Have to get to 10K before east TX

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Not gonna do it! Wouldn't be prudent! No way Jose! Your posts must contain atleast two full and complete sentences with correct grammar!
Just having fun w/ ya, and boosting my post count. Have to get to 10K before east TX

G-man
01-05-2006, 10:17 PM
There is a Red and Grey S&S in Arkansas with red carpet. Here we have a blue 93 S&S with grey carpet instead of the blue carpet it should have had. It came from Phoenix. In Texas in 93, 6 were sold, 2 red in dallas, 2 blue Austin, and 2 I don't know in Houston. There weren't many made because who would spend 500-600 more just to have a retro look?

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Somebody really stupid like myself! :D
There is a Red and Grey S&S in Arkansas with red carpet. Here we have a blue 93 S&S with grey carpet instead of the blue carpet it should have had. It came from Phoenix. In Texas in 93, 6 were sold, 2 red in dallas, 2 blue Austin, and 2 I don't know in Houston. There weren't many made because who would spend 500-600 more just to have a retro look?

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Not gonna do it! Wouldn't be prudent! No way Jose! Your posts must contain atleast two full and complete sentences with correct grammar!

Hoosier, I apologize for my lack of grammatical emphasis in the prior posts. I will be sure to use complete sentences and all proper punctuation in the near future. I hope this post is of the proper standards.

Back to the topic of this thread:

How about this 1993 for $20,000.00

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/0/81620470.htm

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 10:22 PM
I appreciate the consideration but unfortunately I would'nt know! :D
PS Nice boat but not as rare as an S & S. I already have that one in the red.
Hoosier, I apologize for my lack of grammatical emphasis in the prior posts. I will be sure to use complete sentences and all proper punctuation in the near future. I hope this post is of the proper standards.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/0/81620470.htm

G-man
01-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Hooser

Me too including my current boat have a retro look. Nothing wrong with me.

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 10:25 PM
I still hit persimmon woods and love all that has come before me! By the way it is not Hoser! Just kidding! :D
Hooser

Me too including my current boat have a retro look. Nothing wrong with me.

Jim@BAWS
01-05-2006, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=erkoehler]Hoosier, I apologize for my lack of grammatical emphasis in the prior posts. I will be sure to use complete sentences and all proper punctuation in the near future. I hope this post is of the proper standards.

I know that this has been said before and it is worth repeating. This IS NOT an Anniversary Edition Boat. It was made the 25th year MC was made. Many owners where lead to believe that just because it says 25th in the middle of the steering wheel it is something special. That boat LOOKS SUPER CLEAN and should draw top dollar 14-17K. Someone may bite at 20K. (PROBABLY and uneducated buyer). I hope he gets top dollar for it. I do feel bad that he thinks that he has something that he really does not have. He will probably use that as a sales tool to the next owner.

Jim@BAWS

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 10:40 PM
I, being an owner of a 25th understand that other than some simple badging there were no other differences (windshield decals and steering wheel wheel center) but it is still a 25th baby!!!! My 25th!!!! Go '93!! Thanks for deflating my ego once again JB! :D How about some BAWS logos for all of us TMC guys for a very nominal fee! BAWS North America has a nice ring! PS I mean't to say posts like "yeah!" and "cool!" should not count!
[QUOTE=erkoehler]Hoosier, I apologize for my lack of grammatical emphasis in the prior posts. I will be sure to use complete sentences and all proper punctuation in the near future. I hope this post is of the proper standards.

I know that this has been said before and it is worth repeating. This IS NOT an Anniversary Edition Boat. It was made the 25th year MC was made. Many owners where lead to believe that just because it says 25th in the middle of the steering wheel it is something special. That boat LOOKS SUPER CLEAN and should draw top dollar 14-17K. Someone may bite at 20K. (PROBABLY and uneducated buyer). I hope he gets top dollar for it. I do feel bad that he thinks that he has something that he really does not have. He will probably use that as a sales tool to the next owner.

Jim@BAWS

G-man
01-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Jim

Quoting from the 93 sales brochure:

" In 1993 the Prostar 190 also will be avaliable in a 25th Anniversary "Stars and Stipes" version. This special boat will combine the bold Stars and Stipes graphics of the early ProStar with the amenities of todays model."

With this said it simply was an option package the dealer could order. But I think it is fair to call it an aniversary edition or Stars and Stripes edition. Not many dealers ordered in mass quanites of the more expensive option package. Making it a little special.

The Prostar 190 Limited was truely limited to 25 hulls making it much more rare.

Jim@BAWS
01-05-2006, 10:48 PM
PM me the address' Id rather send em out for free.

Jim@BAWS.

93 ROCKS I Love that vintage boat. Many of the design implementations in the current 190/197 came from those boat designs...look carefully at the bottom design

Jim@BAWS

I, being an owner of a 25th understand that other than some simple badging there were no other differences (windshield decals and steering wheel wheel center) but it is still a 25th baby!!!! My 25th!!!! Go '93!! Thanks for deflating my ego once again JB! :D How about some BAWS logos for all of us TMC guys for a very nominal fee! BAWS North America has a nice ring! PS I mean't to say posts like "yeah!" and "cool!" should not count!
[QUOTE=Jim@BAWS]
:banana: :banana:

Farmer Ted
01-05-2006, 10:52 PM
What flavor is this one?

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Maybe I just want special badging, but I was under the impression that all Pro Stars were 25th Anniversary boats in 1993. Only 25 of these Anniversary Boats were 190 Ltds, which sported silver metalflake and Lt1s. Stars and Stripes (also anniversary editions) was around a 600 option. I could be wrong, but my 205 says 25th Anniversary on the side. So 8p

Jim@BAWS
01-05-2006, 11:00 PM
George,
I will agree to disagree...Sort of "Clintonesque" to me " I never had sexual relations with that women"

Only 25 SILVER METAL FLAKE boats where made in 1993.(Not a Stars and Stripes) There is one here in Tampa with under 200 hours on it. The Stars and Stripes was only made in 1993 as a true anniversary option. We can dispute all day to whether or not it is an anniversary boat. I have SOLD ALOT of 93's since we have been open. None with the exception of Dean's was sold as a SPECIAL edition boat...could I have done that yes...but why ?

I have ALSO Sold many 1998's Would those also be considered anniversary edition boats? I have a 30th on the lot right now. What about in 1988 MC's 20th year "THE PLATINUM PROSTAR" Is a 1993 MC 205 considered a ANNIVERSARY boat. Some customers think that it is.

Just my opinion...my 2.5 cents...my pet pieve !!!( DO YOU WANT SOME BAWS STICKERS FOR YOUR CC ?) Jsut Joking cannot put a SMILEY FACE HERE it won't let me !!

Jim@BAWS

Jim

Quoting from the 93 sales brochure:

" In 1993 the Prostar 190 also will be avaliable in a 25th Anniversary "Stars and Stipes" version. This special boat will combine the bold Stars and Stipes graphics of the early ProStar with the amenities of todays model."

With this said it simply was an option package the dealer could order. But I think it is fair to call it an aniversary edition or Stars and Stripes edition. Not many dealers ordered in mass quanites of the more expensive option package. Making it a little special.

The Prostar 190 Limited was truely limited to 25 hulls making it much more rare.

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 11:02 PM
I will bet George has BAWS! :D C'mon George sport some BAWS! :D
George,
I will agree to disagree...Sort of "Clintonesque" to me " I never had sexual relations with that women"

Only 25 SILVER METAL FLAKE boats where made in 1993.(Not a Stars and Stripes) There is one here in Tampa with under 200 hours on it. The Stars and Stripes was only made in 1993 as a true anniversary option. We can dispute all day to whether or not it is an anniversary boat. I have SOLD ALOT of 93's since we have been open. None with the exception of Dean's was sold as a SPECIAL edition boat...could I have done that yes...but why ?

I have ALSO Sold many 1998's Would those also be considered anniversary edition boats? I have a 30th on the lot right now. What about in 1988 MC's 20th year "THE PLATINUM PROSTAR" Is a 1993 MC 205 considered a ANNIVERSARY boat. Some customers think that it is.

Just my opinion...my 2.5 cents...my pet pieve !!!( DO YOU WANT SOME BAWS STICKERS FOR YOUR CC ?) Jsut Joking cannot put a SMILEY FACE HERE it won't let me !!

Jim@BAWS

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 11:04 PM
I would agree that since the word "edition" is not present it is more of a 25 year celebration! I am still very much celebrating!
Maybe I just want special badging, but I was under the impression that all Pro Stars were 25th Anniversary boats in 1993. Only 25 of these Anniversary Boats were 190 Ltds, which sported silver metalflake and Lt1s. Stars and Stripes (also anniversary editions) was around a 600 option. I could be wrong, but my 205 says 25th Anniversary on the side. So 8p

Jim@BAWS
01-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Doug,
The stencil symbolizes MasterCraft 25th year in business.

That other boat with the T TOP is a PROTOUR Boat or at least made to look like one. Probably is one. Where the SILVER fenders came from is beyond me.

Jim@BAWS

G-man
01-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Uh Right Jim, but I would have called Deans boat a Limited Edition if it were one of the 25 not a special edition. We talk Texan here though I was raised in South Florida. If I get to west coast I'll stop by if I need a sticker.

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Doug,
The stencil symbolizes MasterCraft 25th year in business.

That other boat with the T TOP is a PROTOUR Boat or at least made to look like one. Probably is one. Where the SILVER fenders came from is beyond me.

Jim@BAWS

Ya see, it doesn't say "symbol of 25th Year in Business" though and I'm kind of a word guy. ;) It says 25th Anniversary and is stuck to the boat. Ergo, I'm calling it a "25th Anniversary Boat" when I sell it 30 years from now.

I'm off to peruse my 1993 Brochure and Water Ski Mag BBG.

Be well all.

G-man
01-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Now why would Eastie be a word guy, seems to post a lot, I get it now.

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Wow! Next time I get pulled over can I call you? You would be the first to argue my position stated above. "25th Anniversary," to me it says "hell yeah, we have been around 25 freakin' years!" Had they said "EDITION" I would feel it was specifically implied and applicable to my boat. Unfortunately it says "25th Anniversary" which has to only apply to Mastercraft itself! Where were you the night the Lindbergh baby disapeared? :D
Ya see, it doesn't say "symbol of 25th Year in Business" though and I'm kind of a word guy. ;) It says 25th Anniversary and is stuck to the boat. Ergo, I'm calling it a "25th Anniversary Boat" when I sell it 30 years from now.

I'm off to peruse my 1993 Brochure and Water Ski Mag BBG.

Be well all.

Hoosier Bob
01-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Sorry for the post but did some editing above for Easty! :D

BrianM
01-06-2006, 10:05 AM
What flavor is this one?

That looks like one of the Budweiser Pro Tour Boats. If I remember correctly there were only 6 or so of those made.

BrianM
01-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Quick thread jack. When you quatoe someones post how do you get the photo to show up in the quote??

stevo137
01-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Any boat is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Thus it's still sitting unsold.

For me, I am way over the 93 model because of this very reason.... Go jack someone else please... ;)

I'm looking for a 95 - 97 Pro190 or a late 209 (after being in both Jeff's and Bob's boats at Lake Cumberland... very nice rides indeed).
Sporty, I am surprised to hear it.
Just curious how many here have actually seen a red 93 in person or on the water on a sunny day. I have seen both red and blue in person and can understand why the red is more desirable. I am still very pleased with how this boat runs and handles and of course we all know how nice the wake is.
You really need to see one to fully appreciate it, pictures do it no justice.
I'm sure that those who have owned one and sold it, still miss it no matter what they own now...

Cloaked
01-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Sporty, I am surprised to hear it.
Just curious how many here have actually seen a red 93 in person or on the water on a sunny day. I have seen both red and blue in person and can understand why the red is more desirable. I am still very pleased with how this boat runs and handles and of course we all know how nice the wake is.
You really need to see one to fully appreciate it, pictures do it no justice.
I'm sure that those who have owned one and sold it, still miss it no matter what they own now...Honestly Steve, I surprised myself when I realized that I had a change of heart on these boats. I like them immensley for one attractive reason, They are low-profile (shallower draft) like the 80's boats but yet have a newer life to them by virtue of the year (1993). I was not interested in a deeper hull for reasons of performance that I am accustom, but after I was around some newer models, I just drifted with the newfound interest.

Now with that being said, you know from previous personal conversations what I think about the 93s in general. They are fine boats but I am just not willing to get up off of 18 - 20k because they are a 93 anniversary. It's just not that important to me, although I do like the retro-fit style for that year model.

Your boat is a gorgeous boat without question, and I would seriously SO go $25k if you'd pitch in the wife for three summer seasons... LOL... (for decorative purposes only, mind you).
:uglyhamme

Your boat runs and performs very well because indeed of its design, thus my reasoning of sticking with these older boats. I like a shallow hull that responds on a dime, returning $0.09 in change... :D

However I will eventually expand in the Sporty household soon and I'll be looking for a 209 (or comparable) for the roominess, all the while I'll still keep one or two old schools as my hobby.

I have my eye on the 76 model here on the board. ;)

Footin
01-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Sporty, how about a 197, you get some extra room and still have a very good handling machine. A 197 or X-7 will be my next boat.

Cloaked
01-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Quick thread jack. When you quatoe someones post how do you get the photo to show up in the quote??If the original post (now a quote for purposes of this post) has the pic linked with HTML, it will follow the quote as such.

Seperate scenario:
If the pic was an attachment through the forum (initially), you can quote the post but the attachment will not follow. At that point, you can save the pic to your hard drive and reattach it in conjunction with the quote, but it still will be an attachment below the quoted text and not within the quote.

An option is to do this with an attachment, is to host the pic on a server hosting site that allows linking to the site, then quote the post or text as such and link the pic into the quote through HTML from the location that you hosted the pic.

I have another forum that I keep an area for hosting and host from my own server, thus always linking pics from within my own site.

Cloaked
01-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Sporty, how about a 197, you get some extra room and still have a very good handling machine. A 197 or X-7 will be my next boat.Yes Sir, that too. I am looking at those as well. They are really nice looking machines (the 197).