View Full Version : Congrats to all you Texas guys

Maristar210
01-05-2006, 01:34 AM
One of the best games I have ever seen.

I love Vince Young

Steve

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Suffice it to say, we woke the baby at our house. And I thought last year's Rose Bowl was a nail biter. We are thrilled.

To iterate ... Wow! Champions!

MarkP
01-05-2006, 01:35 AM
One of the best games I have ever seen.

I love Vince Young

SteveI agree!! What a game!

redmike
01-05-2006, 01:37 AM
wow, THAT was one heck of a national championship game!!!! congratulations Texas!!!!

Sodar
01-05-2006, 02:18 AM
Well, I HATE Vince Young with a passion, I think he is a cocky SOB with no class. I will admit though that he had a hell of game. Congrats Texas! Maybe we will see ya again next year!!

bradamerry
01-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Well, I HATE Vince Young with a passion, I think he is a cocky SOB with no class. I will admit though that he had a hell of game. Congrats Texas! Maybe we will see ya again next year!!
Sore loser.....

tex
01-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Wife was in Vegas, I was on squid duty watching the game on the new 56" DLP with no interuptions! What a game.

André
01-05-2006, 09:35 AM
About Texas interception in the end zone.I always thought you had to bring back both feet on the ground before going out of bound.I clearly saw one foot touching but not the second.Is the rule different from for an interception and a TD or am i all mixed up with the CFL,NFL and college rules ?
Great game even more when you don't have a favorite...
And what's a squid duty?

RexDog1
01-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Congrats Texas
Vince is so good !! I would love to see him play one more year in college
Way to go Texas :headbang:

congrats to USC for a grate Run :banana:

hleepert
01-05-2006, 10:41 AM
About Texas interception in the end zone.I always thought you had to bring back both feet on the ground before going out of bound.I clearly saw one foot touching but not the second.Is the rule different from for an interception and a TD or am i all mixed up with the CFL,NFL and college rules ?
Great game even more when you don't have a favorite...
And what's a squid duty?

Only need one foot in bounds in college football. Pro's need both.

And yea what's squid duty?

River Rat
01-05-2006, 10:51 AM
WOW! What a game.....Way to go Horns, Glad to see UT on top. :banana: :banana: and yea I'll repeat it "sore loser"

shepherd
01-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Well, I'd hate VY too if I was a USC fan. A QB running for 200 yards???
Awesome performance. I can't wait to see what this guy can do in the NFL, probably better than Vick.

LakePirate
01-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Hook 'em!!

G-man
01-05-2006, 11:22 AM
What a game!!!!

A squid is generally the offspring of two mating adults. A baby or small child. They decrease the amount of sleep and opportunities to practice mating of the adults.

River Rat
01-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Nooooo.....I thought that was a rug rat :rolleyes:

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 11:43 AM

No class? The guy just won the national championship, let him dance. He's understandably excited. Reggie Bush was talking smack to the tv cameras after one of his TDs, but I suppose that's alright. At least Vince had his hand over his heart during the national anthem. Just sayin'.

That all off my chest, amazing game. USC, you guys are an incredible team and deserve a great deal of respect. Clearly, it could have gone either way. We UT alums are a happy bunch right now.

tex
01-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Squid is slang for kid!

André
01-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Squid is slang for kid!
Thanks.
All i could come up with was you cleaning the house like Sqiddly Diddly in the cartoons... :D

Maristar210
01-05-2006, 01:00 PM

No class? Perhaps you heard Matt Whinehart after the game exclaiming they should have won that they (USC) was the better team.

You are casting stones. Check your yard first.

Steve

Datdude
01-05-2006, 01:31 PM
No class? Perhaps you heard Matt Whinehart after the game exclaiming they should have won that they (USC) was the better team.

You are casting stones. Check your yard first.

Steve

EXACTLY!!!!! I thought that was pretty classy of him to say that. I had a lot of respect for him because he is a good football player, but that comment makes me reconsider. Vince Young looks like he is running in slow motion....yet nobody can catch him. He is a fun one to watch. Hopefully he goes pro and the Packers pick him up-LOL

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 01:36 PM
If he goes pro, I hope the Texans get him. Sure, they could use an offensive line, but to have Vince playing in his/my hometown would be something.

Datdude
01-05-2006, 01:53 PM
If he goes pro, I hope the Texans get him. Sure, they could use an offensive line, but to have Vince playing in his/my hometown would be something.

The Texans will obviously have the first shot at him if he decides to go, but what about Carr? If he could get a little protection and some support I think he could be a pretty good QB. It sounds like Green Bay might be in need of a QB sooner rather than later :mad:

Threadjack over

Sodar
01-05-2006, 02:43 PM
No class? The guy just won the national championship, let him dance. He's understandably excited. Reggie Bush was talking smack to the tv cameras after one of his TDs, but I suppose that's alright. At least Vince had his hand over his heart during the national anthem. Just sayin'.

That all off my chest, amazing game. USC, you guys are an incredible team and deserve a great deal of respect. Clearly, it could have gone either way. We UT alums are a happy bunch right now.

I am not talking about the game... I have hated him since he started playing at Texas, and the whole Heisman pose during the season... COME ON!!! Not to mention he always talks about himself rather than the whole team. By the way, I am not a sore loser at all, you guys capitalized on our week defense, I am not arguing that you guys had a great game and should be proud of yourselves for taking down the best college football program in the country!

Tom023
01-05-2006, 02:49 PM
You mean like this one? I have no interest in Texas or USC either way, and thought Matt's post game comment was classless, but not any worse than Young's post game performance here:

Datdude
01-05-2006, 03:19 PM
You mean like this one? I have no interest in Texas or USC either way, and thought Matt's post game comment was classless, but not any worse than Young's post game performance here:

I personally think the picture is kind of funny. I can imagine a little frustration on Young's part. All I heard about leading up to this game was Leinart and Bush, blah blah blah. It would be especially frustrating considering they are the last two Heisman winners. Now he finally has something over them and it probably feels really good. This is how I imagine it but I could be wrong. Leinart's comment just shows that he is a punk and a sore loser. He might just be upset that he decided to stay in school(taking one dance class or something like that) to win another championship when he could have bailed and been making millions in the NFL. I am just glad Texas won even though I am not a Texas fan. Hook 'Em Horns :uglyhamme

erkoehler
01-05-2006, 03:22 PM
I missed his comment, what was it?

Tom023
01-05-2006, 03:26 PM
I suppose it can viewed in many different ways. I kind of look at it, and the frown on his face, and it says he is sore Heisman loser. Just as Matt should give credit to Texas for their great play and win, Young should do the same for Bush as Heisman winner instead of trying to remind everyone he thinks he should have won it. Despite the post game antics on both sides, it was a great game between the two top teams.

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 04:03 PM
I am not talking about the game... I have hated him since he started playing at Texas, and the whole Heisman pose during the season... COME ON!!! Not to mention he always talks about himself rather than the whole team. By the way, I am not a sore loser at all, you guys capitalized on our week defense, I am not arguing that you guys had a great game and should be proud of yourselves for taking down the best college football program in the country!

From all I've seen (and being an avid Texas football fan, I tend to see quite a bit of the interviews, etc.), Vince goes out of his way to prop up his offensive line, the defense, the receivers, the running backs, and the coaches. Sure, the press focuses on Vince, but that's the press. They've been kissing USC's collect a$$ for a long time. In todays press conference, which I happened to catch over lunch, Vince couldn't stop talking about everyone else, even after one guy repeatedly asked him, do you even realize what you've just achieved.

For the record, I, too, could've done without the Heisman pose as it was childish. I'm not big on showboat, but, as it seems, the excitement of it all got the better of him. Somehow, I'll forgive him.

So now that this avid Texas fan has addressed a weak VY moment, let's talk for a second about Matt Leinhart's post game comments, i.e., we were the better team and blaming the USC defense's tacking on the loss. True though the latter may be, he should be ashamed. He had a good second half performance, but his first half was unremarkable. Take it like a man, don't lay it off on your defense. As for the first part, USC has a great team, but last night, they were not better. It was a shootout. It could've gone either way, and, unlike pee-wee ball, it's not how you play the game that matters.

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 04:06 PM
I suppose it can viewed in many different ways. I kind of look at it, and the frown on his face, and it says he is sore Heisman loser. Just as Matt should give credit to Texas for their great play and win, Young should do the same for Bush as Heisman winner instead of trying to remind everyone he thinks he should have won it. Despite the post game antics on both sides, it was a great game between the two top teams.

I would hope it's not directed at the Heisman winners, but more at the press that has been up USC's a$$ for so long and has not given Young his due. Again, it was a childish move considering the certainty if its implications. But he's certainly not the first player to strike the Heisman pose. Plus, how many people with cameras were probably begging him to strike that pose? Not saying that it happened, but I'd put down $5 and say that it did.

With 6 minutes remaining, the announcers were saying they ought to refashion the Heisman to reflect one of Bush's big end zone dives. Three minutes later, they were eating their words. It felt good.

/They should rename the Rose Bowl Offensive MVP trophy the Vince Young Award. There I said it. Flame on! :)

Datdude
01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
In my opinion(which means nothing) Vince earned the right to make that pose after the incredible game he played last night. Texas as a team played very well, but Vince Young won that game and if he wants to strike a pose...go ahead. I really like it when the underdog beats the favorite and that is what happened last night. I also find it funny that the announcers had almost given up on Texas with 6 minutes left in the game. I will say that the refs made some pretty interesting spots when it came to USC(especially on the last 4th down). Luckily it was not a good enough spot to win the game for them. It would also be interesting to see what would have happened if they would have gotten the call correct when Vince's knee was down on the lateral that scored a touchdown. I still think they would have scored from the 10 yard line but what if........

Ric
01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
No comment on the SO Cal bitterness. The Htown radio chatter today is "who will the texans take? Vince or Reggie?" (supposing both enter the draft)

When do these guys have to declare? Anybody know?

Tom023
01-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I don't think it was directed at the Heisman winners but more the voters. And absolutely he has the right to act anyway he chooses, perhaps getting caught up in the moment or by requests from photographers, but in the end it's a reflection of Vince Young. Having not followed UT football I can't say I hang on his every word or move, but he seemed a little bitter during an ESPN interview this weekend where he conveyed he should have been the Heisman winner. That interview along with the pose just struck me as being a little immature, but that is just my take.

Bobby
01-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Texas still sucks

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 04:34 PM
In my opinion(which means nothing) Vince earned the right to make that pose after the incredible game he played last night. Texas as a team played very well, but Vince Young won that game and if he wants to strike a pose...go ahead. I really like it when the underdog beats the favorite and that is what happened last night. I also find it funny that the announcers had almost given up on Texas with 6 minutes left in the game. I will say that the refs made some pretty interesting spots when it came to USC(especially on the last 4th down). Luckily it was not a good enough spot to win the game for them. It would also be interesting to see what would have happened if they would have gotten the call correct when Vince's knee was down on the lateral that scored a touchdown. I still think they would have scored from the 10 yard line but what if........

First down inside the 10 yard line. Somebody, probably Vince, puts the ball in the end zone.

As is typical, there were a few questionable calls on each side, among them a Texas interception that was taken away. Way it goes. There are bad calls in every game. Just ask Notre Dame. See Reggie Bush potentially pushing Leinhart into the end zone to beat Notre Dame. Bygones. USC could've called time out and that play would have been reviewed, but they didn't and it didn't happen.

Shoulda. Coulda. Woulda. Scoreboard.

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Texas still sucks

High five, Bobby. I was wondering when you'd show up. I thought you'd be thanking us. 8p

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I don't think it was directed at the Heisman winners but more the voters. And absolutely he has the right to act anyway he chooses, perhaps getting caught up in the moment or by requests from photographers, but in the end it's a reflection of Vince Young. Having not followed UT football I can't say I hang on his every word or move, but he seemed a little bitter during an ESPN interview this weekend where he conveyed he should have been the Heisman winner. That interview along with the pose just struck me as being a little immature, but that is just my take.

He's 22. I'd say a certain spurts of immaturity remain a given. I think he believes he should've been the Heisman winner. Reggie Bush was most certainly a worthy recipient of the Heisman, no question. But after last night, I think more than a few people think Young might have been the way to go. Like so many things. Bygones. I'd rather he be a National Champion.

I'm reading that Leinhart and Young privately congratulated one another for a well-played game outside the Texas lockerroom after the game. That does me good to hear.

Besides according to the Kool Aid guy, we're all winners.

loeweb
01-05-2006, 04:46 PM
the game was great. both teams played hard and each tam had trouble on defense it seemed. I personally loved the shot of Heisman Reggie standing on the sidelines when it was fourth and 2. Len Dale White looked a lot better last night than Bush, but the had more success between the tackles than on the edge. overall great game, and is there any top ten team with a kicker that is worth a crap from either hash outside the 20, I mean seriously I have never seen so many missed kicks in two major college games.

I also thought it was pretty crappy of Leinart to first blame his defensive teammates of poor tackling before blaming himself or even congratulating Texas. In the heat of the moment though and not losing in so many games I bet I'd be pretty P!SSED too.

As for VY, that guy can flat out play. After a performance like that in that big of a game he could have posed like god and people still would of let it go.

Like I said a great game no matter the winner, but thank god it wasn't USC!

Tom023
01-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Agreed, I think many are rethinking their votes and a National Championship should mean more to him, it's a team sport. Let's not forget Leinhart is also still young, uh youthful.

River Rat
01-05-2006, 04:51 PM
:popcorn: This is getting good :popcorn:

Leaving to go home now, can't wait to get there log on and see what has come up next! 8p

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Soon, it will just be me posting. :)

Go Defense!!!

Tom023
No comment on the SO Cal bitterness. The Htown radio chatter today is "who will the texans take? Vince or Reggie?" (supposing both enter the draft)

When do these guys have to declare? Anybody know?

Ric, so you don't think Leinhart is on the consideration list? :D

east tx skier
And one more ... for now. ;)

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Ric, they said in the ESPN press conference today that the 15th is the deadline.

bradamerry
01-05-2006, 05:07 PM
LSU rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 05:16 PM
LSU rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geaux Tigers! 2003 BCS Co-Champs!

Sodar
01-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Can we just agree to disagree!?!?! To put it lightly I am crushed that we lost.... a sore loser perhaps! I wanted to graduate in May with the ability to say USC never lost a foootball game while I attended school there. Needless to say congrats to you guys, it was a very even match and you guys made the plays when it counted. I would be lying though if I said I did not want a rematch!!

River Rat
01-05-2006, 05:41 PM
I don't think you could handle the defeat twice :uglyhamme :uglyhamme just kidding :rolleyes:

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Can we just agree to disagree!?!?! To put it lightly I am crushed that we lost.... a sore loser perhaps! I wanted to graduate in May with the ability to say USC never lost a foootball game while I attended school there. Needless to say congrats to you guys, it was a very even match and you guys made the plays when it counted. I would be lying though if I said I did not want a rematch!!

Sure, but I think we agree. :) Great match up! To loosely quote Apollo Creed, "Ain't gonna be no rematch" (of this caliber anyway). If we lose Vince, we're going to have some trouble with Ohio State next fall. If by some insane turn of events, he stays, we may have another great year ahead of us.

It's officially basketball season.

Ric
01-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Ski Season!

east tx skier
01-05-2006, 06:18 PM
No kidding. Why haven't I de-autumnized my boat yet.

André
01-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Ski Season!
Low blow... :eek:
6 more inches today :popcorn:

River Rat
01-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Bummer

Angleton weather
Sunny 67°F
Feels Like
67°F

and that's after a cold front 8p

André
01-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Bummer

Angleton weather
Sunny 67°F
Feels Like
67°F

and that's after a cold front 8p

Sure.Let me fold your chute for you... ;)

River Rat
01-05-2006, 06:55 PM
If it makes you feel better it's 37 at 15,000 ft where we exit the plane :uglyhamme

Ric
01-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Low blow... :eek:
6 more inches today :popcorn:
YIKES .

Bobby
01-06-2006, 11:08 AM
this win for texas is really going to make me want to kick a longhorn in the teeth on OU/TX weekend this coming year :firejump: . During the game I was kinda rooting for either an earthquake/other act of God ;) . I looked at it as someone had to lose and didn't care who won.

River Rat
01-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Gee Bobby tell us how you really feel!!! ;)

Leroy
01-06-2006, 11:32 AM
I saw 84 degrees on the wx map this week over most of TX! Lucky in football and weather!

Ski Season!

bcampbe7
01-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Did anyone see Vince Young on Leno last night? Definitely a classy guy!

And SodarSki73-

The fact that USC lost one game while you attended there means nothing when trying to find a job after graduation. :D Just bustin' your chops a bit.

east tx skier
01-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Bobby, haven't you been promising some pictures for the swimsuit thread for us for a while now? Just remembered that for some reason.

River Rat
01-06-2006, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=SodarSki73]Can we just agree to disagree!?!?! To put it lightly I am crushed that we lost.... a sore loser perhaps! QUOTE]

The good news is you only got to be a sore loser once 8p

Bobby
01-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Bobby, haven't you been promising some pictures for the swimsuit thread for us for a while now? Just remembered that for some reason.

my gf pulled the plug on that one, she claimed that she didn't want me to post pictures of her while she thought she was fat, which I really don't understand since she's not fat at all. If she found out that I had posted any pictures of her there would be a quick trade embargo/higher tariff for booty, and that would not be good.

Now back to the topic - texas still sucks, but who knew texas could actually win a championship with non-white players?? :eek3:

east tx skier
01-06-2006, 12:28 PM
my gf pulled the plug on that one, she claimed that she didn't want me to post pictures of her while she thought she was fat, which I really don't understand since she's not fat at all. If she found out that I had posted any pictures of her there would be a quick trade embargo/higher tariff for booty, and that would not be good.

Now back to the topic - texas still sucks, but who knew texas could actually win a championship with non-white players?? :eek3:

I understand. I have the same policy with my wife. No pictures on the net. She is clearly in charge.

I thought White ran the ball well for USC.

Ric
01-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Did anyone see Vince Young on Leno last night? Definitely a classy guy!

And SodarSki73-

The fact that USC lost one game while you attended there means nothing when trying to find a job after graduation. :D Just bustin' your chops a bit.
What's he gonna get with a USC diploma anyway? :firejump:

east tx skier
01-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Sheepskin that says trojan on it? ;)

/got nuthin'

Bobby
01-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Sheepskin that says trojan on it? ;)

/got nuthin'

I thought that's what aTm gave out but said Aggies

Ric
01-06-2006, 07:47 PM