PDA

View Full Version : No Boat, just me, or common.

bam67
01-04-2006, 11:09 PM
I was the owner of a 2003 X-2, not my first Master craft, that has had its share of problems, alot of problems. I traded the 2003 in for a 2006 X-1, I dropped off the 2003 mid September and they told me it would arrive first of December. Well I called mid November to see if I was going to be able to have the boat for the second weekend of December, the crew I board with runs year round about the same hours as in the summer, wouldn't you know it they told me first of January, the factory had some mold issuses. O.K. maybe its a possiblity, but now its the first of January I still don't have a boat. I'm really starting to loose faith in the Master craft company or sales. So they have been sitting on $40,000 of my trade in worth since mid September, they sold it one week after I dropped it off. A little background. I bought a new 1995 sport nineteen in 1994, the boat had 475 hours on it when I traded it in for the 2003 X-2. The nineteen had one thing happen to it in 475 hours, the impeller for the water pump went bad. I herd through the grape vine that the impeller should be changed every 175 hours, so it did good. I added a phat buddie tower to it and a custom hard tank ballast system, 110 gallons in 4.5 minutes, 880 pounds.
I guess I just expected too much from my 2003 X-2. On an average the boat went back for warranty work 9.5 hours of run time, final straw was the bolts on the altenater bracket broke off in the block, all the bolts.
I was a team member for about 5 or 6 years, liked all the promos, team news letters. Was impressed to see all the people who attend the gatherings, could never make the time to attend myself.
I'm trying to keep the faith but my patience is getting really thin, I WANT TO BOARD!!!! I'm wondering if anyone else has had as many problems as myself, and is there hope. Thanks for the ear, BAM67.

ski_king
01-04-2006, 11:47 PM
First of all, Welcome to the site. You will find lots of good info here.

Sounds like your 95 served you well. Getting 475 hours out of an impeller is unheard of! Most of us put in a fresh one every spring. The do and will go bad.

As for your 03 X-2, you dont mention what kind of problems you were having other than the alternator bolts. If the boat was back in the shop that often for other work, I don't understand why the dealer didnt change out the alternator bolts, that is a know problem. Do a search on here and you will find lots of info.

It is easy for me to say be patient for the 06 as the weather hewre isnt suited to get in the water. But if they are having some issues, you better let them get worked out before yours is built.
Maybe next time you may want to hang onto your old boat until you get your hands on the new one.

Just curious, Do you do any routine maintance work yourself, or let the dealer do it for you?

flipper
01-04-2006, 11:56 PM
sounds like to me you just have a bad dealer. One person on here was talking about their dealer giving loaner boats while theirs was being worked on. Possible to get to a different MC dealer. Sorry to hear about all the trouble.

6ballsisall
01-05-2006, 12:04 AM
What brand of aerospace cleaner do you use on your seats? :D

milkmania
01-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Bam67,

1) Welcome to the board:)

2) breath, we all know you want to board:headbang:

3) here's a link that might be a little bit of help to you, it's regarding "Owner Relations" and they've just recently announced the new position 12/21/05
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6433

4) sit back, have a beer, and tell us all about it;)

"My name's milkmania, and I'm a thread starting addict":woohoo:

bigmac
01-05-2006, 01:04 AM
, but now its the first of January I still don't have a boat. I'm really starting to loose faith in the Master craft company or sales. So they have been sitting on $40,000 of my trade in worth since mid September, they sold it one week after I dropped it off.

Welcome. Lot's of good information here, I have no doubt you'll find it useful.

Waiting for a new vehicle after spending that amount of money is frustrating I know, and the frustration of not really knowing why it's late makes it worse. I would call MasterCraft owner relations and ask them to look into it. Doesn't sound like you're getting the detailed scoop from your dealer.

I didn't understand the part about sitting on your trade-in worth - it doesn't cost you any money does it? If you guys can wakeboard through December and January, why didn't you keep the old boat until the new one came in?

AirJunky
01-05-2006, 02:53 AM
Hey Bam, welcome to the group.
So if your dealer is Cope's, then you should tell your sales person you want to ride, SOON! They have plenty of boats & should be able to help you out if your in the middle of the deal.
If it's one of the smaller dealers here in the NW, they might have a problem with that....... because they just don't have the boats or their all winterized.
Ask about a loaner.

sand2snow22
01-05-2006, 03:27 AM
Welcome Bam. I would have to agee with BigMac, it can be very frustrating waiting. I feel your pain, our boat was due the second week of April 2005 and it arrive just before Memorial Day. So in my case and in your case I would say it is common. I can tell you it is well worth the wait.

You might have a case for a loaner boat, but man it's cold out there and the water is high. How do you do it? I'll stick to snowboarding in the winter.

It could be worse, you could be working with our local Malibu dealer and order a red boat and wait weeks to get a yellow boat with none of the options you ordered.

Is your old boat white and light blue?

Cloaked
01-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Bam67,

3) here's a link that might be a little bit of help to you, it's regarding "Owner Relations" and they've just recently announced the new position 12/21/05

Moment of truth. We'll see.. :D

Keep us posted Bama....

milkmania
01-06-2006, 07:26 PM
come on bam67, don't be another one of those hit & run posters....

come on back and let us know what's going on:cool:

Jim@BAWS
01-06-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm trying to keep the faith but my patience is getting really thin, I WANT TO BOARD!!!! I'm wondering if anyone else has had as many problems as myself, and is there hope. Thanks for the ear, BAM67.

ALL DEALERS...YES ALL DEALERS have a FIRM completion date of all ordered product. They can give you a 2-4 day window of completion.
Ask them to pull it up on there DEALERLINK for you. We have delivered 10 CUSTOM boats as of tommorrow. All owners knew EXACTLY when there boats where to arrive.

Jim@BAWS

PendO
01-06-2006, 09:02 PM
When we orderd the 06 197 they had a completion date and a ship date, and to top it off it got here early. I'd be a little leery about someone having sold my trade in and then having to wait that long to get yours.

how do they have an issue with the 06 X1 hull, it just the X2 from the previous years???? I'd get the order / build number and email the factory.

rodltg2
01-06-2006, 09:12 PM
thats why i buy whats in stock. he probably had to turn the trade in to get the boat built. i doubt they will build your boat without paying for it first.

Jim@BAWS
01-06-2006, 09:13 PM
"the factory had some mold issuses. O.K. maybe its a possiblity, but now its the first of January I still don't have a boat. I'm really starting to loose faith in the Master craft company or sales. So they have been sitting on $40,000 of my trade in worth since mid September, they sold it one week after I dropped it off."

There are NO MOLD issues at the factory. Do not loose faith in MC.
Is is not a FACTORY PROBLEM. I PROMISE YOU THAT

Maybe some interest is due on your $40K !!!

Jim@BAWS

PendO
01-06-2006, 09:19 PM
thats why i buy whats in stock. he probably had to turn the trade in to get the boat built. i doubt they will build your boat without paying for it first.

When my salesman sat down with me this past fall it took all of 20 minutes to build the boat online, and he immediately had a "slot" as to when it would be built, jim is right you deserve some interest on that 40K, same as what they would pay on their commercial line of credit.

No need to turn the trade, its "floored" or the dealer can pay for it on delivery, (right? Jim)

Casey
Spokane

Hoosier Bob
01-06-2006, 10:50 PM
I would really begin checking on the stability of my dealership. Sitting on $40K and buying time with excuses sounds very curious to say the least. Demand boat or money and get to it before his other creditors do. Not to raise alarm but this is sounding like a very un-ordinary circumstance. Not to slander but maybe there are some references or experiences with your dealer on this very site. Do the searches on the dealer name before you post and maybe PM BAWS for any info JB may have. Not really reason to go so public until you get some sound advice from a few of the guys here. :twocents: "the factory had some mold issuses. O.K. maybe its a possiblity, but now its the first of January I still don't have a boat. I'm really starting to loose faith in the Master craft company or sales. So they have been sitting on $40,000 of my trade in worth since mid September, they sold it one week after I dropped it off."

There are NO MOLD issues at the factory. Do not loose faith in MC.
Is is not a FACTORY PROBLEM. I PROMISE YOU THAT

Maybe some interest is due on your $40K !!!

Jim@BAWS

Ric
01-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Welcome Bam
Milk is right
assuming you are shooting straight with us, your issues sound dealer related.
The "Mold" issue may be real.... It may be the mold growing on the amount that your dealer has financed at his bank, therefore your shiny new boat may be growing mold (and cobwebs) in the Mastercraft plant's shipping building :eek:
get with owner relations and be sure to let us know how it turns out.

Bam67,

1) Welcome to the board:)

2) breath, we all know you want to board:headbang:

4) sit back, have a beer, and tell us all about it;)

baedriver
01-07-2006, 11:53 AM
I ordered an 06 197 and that is correct they get a window of a completion date. I can't use it now anyways but they gave me a completion date and I will pick it up early FEB from the dealer. The dealer has been awesome and has answered everyone of my questions and they are the ones that told me about the window of a competion date. Be patient and it should be here soon. When I was at the factory each boat going through had the options (i think but also showed were the boat was going.)

We somebody get me some warmer air!

mplv
01-07-2006, 12:02 PM
tell them you want the money that they sold your trade for and find a boat elsewhere

bam67
01-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Hi, Thanks for all the replys. Sorry about the date on my first Mastercraft, not a 1995 but rather a 1999. To give you more info on the 2003, all maintnace was done by the dealer. The boat problems were various, tower coming loose, shaft seal problems,water leaks, ballast, ballast pumps, trailer, windsheild, perfectpass, work not being done propperly, fuel tank, 3 vent heater, shower, and a few other small problems. Most problems took multiple trips to the dealer to fix, and its not a close drive! I've been dealing directly with the factory also, the first guy I was dealing with was let go, the last guy seems to be on the up and up but I just don't know now. As for beening with out a boat, the dealer wouldn't order the new boat with out taking in the 2003 first and promissed me first of December.
We ride year round, the coldest it gets is arroung mid 40's and not that long either, water temp is about mid to upper 50's. Dry suits are the way to go, put on a sweatshirt with your daily clothes and slip on the dry suit. Most of the time we go out with a little drizzel in the air the water is glass. I've been barefooting for about 9 years now off of a boom, I did long line off of my 2003 at about this time last year on my second try. I was stoked, couldn't stop talking about it for 3 weeks. Well I neeed to get off of here for now I will be intouch. Thanks for all of your responses, bam67.

PendO
01-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Not to pry, but did you own your trade in outright, or was there a bank involved?

It's one thing if a dealer takes your collateral as earnest money and holds it, quite another if he takes an asset, sells it, and keeps the $$ for several months without having to give an accounting of said monies... as s/he does not have to pay for the boat until it is Delivered to his doorstep.

If your dealer is reputable and you have no concern for the trade in $$ in his pocket then so be it, however, a dealer should not need 40K in hand to place an order for an X-1, people put less earnest money down on a house.

Hi, Thanks for all the replys. Sorry about the date on my first Mastercraft, not a 1995 but rather a 1999. To give you more info on the 2003, all maintnace was done by the dealer. The boat problems were various, tower coming loose, shaft seal problems,water leaks, ballast, ballast pumps, trailer, windsheild, perfectpass, work not being done propperly, fuel tank, 3 vent heater, shower, and a few other small problems. Most problems took multiple trips to the dealer to fix, and its not a close drive! I've been dealing directly with the factory also, the first guy I was dealing with was let go, the last guy seems to be on the up and up but I just don't know now. As for beening with out a boat, the dealer wouldn't order the new boat with out taking in the 2003 first and promissed me first of December.
We ride year round, the coldest it gets is arroung mid 40's and not that long either, water temp is about mid to upper 50's. Dry suits are the way to go, put on a sweatshirt with your daily clothes and slip on the dry suit. Most of the time we go out with a little drizzel in the air the water is glass. I've been barefooting for about 9 years now off of a boom, I did long line off of my 2003 at about this time last year on my second try. I was stoked, couldn't stop talking about it for 3 weeks. Well I neeed to get off of here for now I will be intouch. Thanks for all of your responses, bam67.

bam67
01-09-2006, 11:10 PM
I owened the boat outright. You think you know your boat dealer, I've been doing buisness with my boat dealer since 1994. My 2003 X-2 has gotten to the point that neither of us, the boat dealer and myself, even want to see the boat. bam67

Prostar19
01-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Bam,

Who is your dealer?

bstrom-tt
01-10-2006, 07:55 PM
I want to add some info to this thread. 1st.. There is much more to this story, as there usually is, than what we have heard so far. Bam67 did have some issues with his 03, I don't know what every single issue was, but I do know that the dealer and the factory were trying to make the situation right for there customer. Both the dealer and Mastercraft worked with Bam67 on the financial side of this transaction, so that Bam67 would be taken care of financially on the new purchase side as well as the trade in side. Bam67 stated that his 2003 was sold by the dealer; this is a less than accurate statement considering his 2003 X2 is winterized and in storage at the dealer warehouse. As to why he does not have a new boat yet.. The dealer (Portland Ski Boat Center) received information just this last weekend; from there factory rep, that there has not been any production of the X1's in the past months and there probably won't be any in the future. Staff at Portland Ski Boat is currently awaiting word from Mastercraft as to the X1 production situation. Portland Ski Boat is the 4th largest dealer for Mastercraft, most of the time they get it right and have many, many, happy customers. But, no dealer is perfect, and I'm not here to say that there aren't things that could have been done differently by the dealer, but I do know for a fact, they were trying to make the situation work out to the satisfaction of bam67.

PendO
01-10-2006, 08:10 PM
So, does he own the boat in storage or what? Sure sounded like his used boat was long gone?

I want to add some info to this thread. 1st.. There is much more to this story, as there usually is, than what we have heard so far. Bam67 did have some issues with his 03, I don't know what every single issue was, but I do know that the dealer and the factory were trying to make the situation right for there customer. Both the dealer and Mastercraft worked with Bam67 on the financial side of this transaction, so that Bam67 would be taken care of financially on the new purchase side as well as the trade in side. Bam67 stated that his 2003 was sold by the dealer; this is a less than accurate statement considering his 2003 X2 is winterized and in storage at the dealer warehouse. As to why he does not have a new boat yet.. The dealer (Portland Ski Boat Center) received information just this last weekend; from there factory rep, that there has not been any production of the X1's in the past months and there probably won't be any in the future. Staff at Portland Ski Boat is currently awaiting word from Mastercraft as to the X1 production situation. Portland Ski Boat is the 4th largest dealer for Mastercraft, most of the time they get it right and have many, many, happy customers. But, no dealer is perfect, and I'm not here to say that there aren't things that could have been done differently by the dealer, but I do know for a fact, they were trying to make the situation work out to the satisfaction of bam67.