PDA

View Full Version : Surf tab competition for MC

Mastercraftdave
02-05-2015, 08:19 PM
I saw these surf tabs on Facebook by the company that makes Super SacR. It's called the Super SurfR. Thoughts?
Curious to see if Mastercraft will get involved cause they are a copy of GEN1

lashburn1
02-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Dude!

This where the entire I/o thread came from

That's the company supplying tabs to the I/O world

lashburn1
02-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Also.... One of those 4 likes. Was me.
I think they are on to something...

lashburn1
02-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Guy was a former Exec at MasterCraft

Mastercraftdave
02-05-2015, 09:13 PM
I didn't know that. I have been seeing them advertising their tabs. Small world lashburn. I posted a comment on there.

AlbertaSurfer
02-05-2015, 09:13 PM
And Gen1 is a copy of every Lenco tab sold in the market. They've been on river boats for years.

Mastercraftdave
02-05-2015, 09:14 PM
^^^true statement. I just know MC had a patent on them and the guy on here for I trouble I was just curious how they got around it.

lashburn1
02-05-2015, 09:18 PM
And Gen1 is a copy of every Lenco tab sold in the market. They've been on river boats for years.

Yes, that thread has been beat to death..... Tabs are tabs

lashburn1
02-05-2015, 09:19 PM
^^^true statement. I just know MC had a patent on them and the guy on here for I trouble I was just curious how they got around it.

I think it's easy to get around if your control and Tabs are a bit different.

Mastercraftdave
02-05-2015, 10:00 PM
I didn't realize he worked for MC. After further investigation I noticed he quit in 2012. The worst year for MC. if that means anything I'm worried about those tabs.....

scott023
02-05-2015, 10:05 PM
The tab copies are coming out big time now.

lashburn1
02-05-2015, 10:11 PM
This guy has a decent plan for distribution and Marketing.

501s
02-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Think of tabs as the new "Wakeboard Tower". Before long a bunch of universal models came out for all type of boats.

swatguy
02-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Tabs have been around for years they're just mounted and used differently. I can't see anyone getting in trouble for "copying".

I remember an old MC marketing add and a certain spokes person toting that MC boats were the best because their hulls were so specifically designed for wakesports due to the extensive r&d, they didnt need bolt on devices. These devices on other boats were there to "make up" for the short comings of their designs. Ahhhhh. The good ole day's.

Gen 2 has definitely propelled MC into the surf market, but it's far from an MC original design.

BudmanV24
02-05-2015, 11:29 PM
Has anyone else heard of the foam cheese wedge that velcros to the side of the boat? Supposedly outperforms surf gate and is like $150...including velcro, lol.

Mastercraftdave
02-06-2015, 08:21 AM
Tabs have been around for years they're just mounted and used differently. I can't see anyone getting in trouble for "copying".

I remember an old MC marketing add and a certain spokes person toting that MC boats were the best because their hulls were so specifically designed for wakesports due to the extensive r&d, they didnt need bolt on devices. These devices on other boats were there to "make up" for the short comings of their designs. Ahhhhh. The good ole day's.

Gen 2 has definitely propelled MC into the surf market, but it's far from an MC original design.

Swatguy I'm pretty sure you and Zane have a love hate relationship. He is just trying to market the product they sell. **** I wish I was getting paid what he was, getting a free boat and living the life. That's a pretty sweet job if you ask me.

GEN2 made me a firm believer. I was going to make the switch to Nautique but having rode an X23 I decided to stay with MC. The wakeboard wake was pretty solid (Not a G wake but still close) and he surf wave blew the G away leaps and bounds.

clrussell
02-06-2015, 08:30 AM
Has anyone else heard of the foam cheese wedge that velcros to the side of the boat? Supposedly outperforms surf gate and is like $150...including velcro, lol.

Where do I buy one?? Can I pay via cashiers check?? Wonder if it'll work on a star?? 😂😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swatguy
02-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Swatguy I'm pretty sure you and Zane have a love hate relationship. He is just trying to market the product they sell. **** I wish I was getting paid what he was, getting a free boat and living the life. That's a pretty sweet job if you ask me.

GEN2 made me a firm believer. I was going to make the switch to Nautique but having rode an X23 I decided to stay with MC. The wakeboard wake was pretty solid (Not a G wake but still close) and he surf wave blew the G away leaps and bounds.

I get it. I just hate the fact that straight from the MC corporate big boys they went and slammed other people's products in an attempt to make theirs look that much better rather then just hyping up their own product and giving you the low down. They were straight up attacks. For some reason it always gets under my skin. I just remember all the adds....they are ingrained in my head probably due to the fact they all started in my hay day when I was selling rival boats. I expect things like that at the dealership/salesman level( doesn't mean it's ok) , but not at the corporate level straight out of the gate. What good does it do for the sport or their products. When you market things and question other products right out of the gate it rolls back on your product taking the most heat. That seems to be coming back full circle again and when a guy who is all about promoting the sport after a legendary career is the one spewing the trash talk about other companies it's just very unprofessional to me.

FoggyNogginz
02-20-2015, 01:41 AM
So for those with experience, are the tabs really helping as much as the wake gates seem to these days? The idea of the gates to clean things up seems much more straightforward. Really interested in your feedback.

lashburn1
02-20-2015, 08:40 AM
The idea of Both is basically the Same.. Delayed convergence where the waves collied in the Plume.
The Tab or Gate deployed on the opposite side of the Rider redirects water allowing it to stay "clean"

I have had Gen 1 Tabs on an X-30 Listed
And
Now have a "Gate" on my X-2 not listed
The "Gate" is the Cleaner or those two options

But the X-30 was the better boat and Wave.

Gen2 tabs fill the same goal , but add more specific Tabs for each Hull to "channel" water flow off them.
My X-30 had them when I sold it, but we never got a chance to try.

Supra has a "Swell" tab system that is a bit unique, but it serves the Same essential purpose.
I have not seen convincing Surf off that hull/Swell just yet.

BudmanV24
02-21-2015, 09:11 AM
I get it. I just hate the fact that straight from the MC corporate big boys they went and slammed other people's products in an attempt to make theirs look that much better rather then just hyping up their own product and giving you the low down. They were straight up attacks. For some reason it always gets under my skin. I just remember all the adds....they are ingrained in my head probably due to the fact they all started in my hay day when I was selling rival boats. I expect things like that at the dealership/salesman level( doesn't mean it's ok) , but not at the corporate level straight out of the gate. What good does it do for the sport or their products. When you market things and question other products right out of the gate it rolls back on your product taking the most heat. That seems to be coming back full circle again and when a guy who is all about promoting the sport after a legendary career is the one spewing the trash talk about other companies it's just very unprofessional to me.

Just like chevrolet bagging on the all aluminum f150 when they're already testing an all aluminum silverado.