PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft in Movies

Ryan
01-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Alright, my son got Muppets Take Manhattan (one his many DVDs for Christmas this year) and was watching it this morning. All of the sudden, from another room I hear a familiar rumble like an accelerating boat with low restricted exhaust - like my direct drive. I came in to rewind the disk and low and behold I see this! By the way the movie was made in '84 so this must be an '83 maybe an '84 with a fiberglass platform and all.

What other movies are there that have MCs? I'm also curious if you know of a movie, TV show or ad that has towboats of any brand.

Bert
01-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Remo Williams " The adventure Begins" has a MC in it.

Datdude
01-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Caddyshack has the small outboard jump boats(????) when Rodney is driving his boat and they are jumping his wake if I remeber right?

east tx skier
01-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Good find, Ryan.

Sodar
01-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Cop and ˝ with Burt Reynolds had Malibu's in it. And Alan Jackson's music video for the song Chattahoochee has a Ski Nautique in it.

flipper
01-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Didn't "Howard the Duck" have a ski boat in it. Can't remember if it was a mastercraft or not. I do remember seeing it being shot down the street from my grandparents house in Rio Vista. (California delta)

AirJunky
01-02-2006, 04:25 AM
What about Captiva Island with Banana George? I haven't seen it in years but there has to be an inboard or two in there. Lots of cool skiing too, barefoot, trick, Air Chair & seems like there was even a shot of George on his old standup foil skis.

ski_king
01-02-2006, 09:18 AM
A episode of Home Improvement had a MasterCraft.

Good lookin chicks riding in that MasterCraft in the Muppet movie!

Jim@BAWS
01-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Great Outdoors with John Candy and Dan Akroyd has a couple
of MasterCrafts in it Tristars. What a great movie "What are ya gonna do in a pontoon boat, invade Normandy. Or do you wanta go for a ride with your Uncle Roman in a Drag Boat?" Classis Akroyd.

I'll think of some others

Jim@BAWS HAPPY NEW YEAR

SkiDog
01-02-2006, 12:31 PM
There was a great chase scene w/ Mastercrafts in the orignal Police Academy!

redmike
01-02-2006, 02:20 PM
of MasterCrafts in it Tristars. What a great movie "What are ya gonna do in a pontoon boat, invade Normandy. Or do you wanta go for a ride with your Uncle Roman in a Drag Boat?" Classis Akroyd.

Jim@BAWS HAPPY NEW YEAR
all I can say is SUCK MY WAKE! :D

Jim@BAWS
01-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I think I saw a Few MasterCraft's in last years "REWIND" video at the boat show...anyone else see that one.

TonyB
01-04-2006, 11:25 AM
A non-glorious landmark event in TV sit-com history had a Mastercraft playing a critical role.

In the "Happy Days" episode in which Fonzie "jumps the shark"*, a Mastercraft gets called on for the infamous pull. Happily the Mastercraft logo is blacked out.

Still, as a young adult, I immediately recognized it for what it was and yelled out to the family, "Hey! That's a Mastercraft!!"

Plus he did it Maheraja Jumpers (which I had at the time).

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_the_shark

ntidsl
01-04-2006, 11:46 AM
I can't wait to use the expression..."jump the shark"...

LakePirate
01-30-2006, 11:37 PM
The Great Outdoors is currently on and there is a Tristar and a Prostar.

I want to know who is doing the stunt skiing. There was a very nice tumble turn on one jump ski.

Hoosier Bob
01-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Jim already beat me to it with the "Suck My Wake" comment. That is a LaPointe brother that stands in for the late and great JC!
I guess I like Lips and A*s*o*l*s! :D
The Great Outdoors is currently on and there is a Tristar and a Prostar.

I want to know who is doing the stunk skiing. There was a very nice tumble turn on one jump ski.

LakePirate
01-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Stunt.

JC is definitely missed....love Summer Vacation.

T/J over.

ski_king
01-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Woke up early and watched the movie Remo Williams this morning.

The movie ends with him in a old MasterCraft, probobly late 70's.
http://j9designs.com.au/trek/images/remo_65.jpg

milkmania
10-16-2006, 12:15 PM
There was a great chase scene w/ Mastercrafts in the orignal Police Academy!

I just found a jump boat scene in Police Academy 4 also:twocents:

BriEOD
10-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Jim already beat me to it with the "Suck My Wake" comment. That is a LaPointe brother that stands in for the late and great JC!
I guess I like Lips and A*s*o*l*s! :D
One of my personal favorite movies. The old 96'r.

SKI*MC
10-16-2006, 10:20 PM
dare i say.... that movie is up there with smokey the bandit!? I mean come on! It is one of the greatest movies ever! IMO

east tx skier
10-17-2006, 11:17 AM
I just found a jump boat scene in Police Academy 4 also:twocents:

Ha! I saw No. 3 the other day and there's a jump boat in it, too. They got their money's worth out of that one.

milkmania
01-05-2007, 11:15 AM
just saw in The Great Outdoors John Candy skied around a Red/White PS190

man, I miss John Candy:(

Ryan
01-05-2007, 12:58 PM
We need some screen caps!

point1234
01-05-2007, 03:29 PM
MC sponsered indoor supercross last year or the year before or still do dont really know the details. Just know that they did And in the movie Supercross there is an Xstar sitting next to the track in one of the shots of the movie. I was like look at that.

RickDV
01-05-2007, 04:49 PM
A non-glorious landmark event in TV sit-com history had a Mastercraft playing a critical role.

In the "Happy Days" episode in which Fonzie "jumps the shark"*, a Mastercraft gets called on for the infamous pull. Happily the Mastercraft logo is blacked out.

Still, as a young adult, I immediately recognized it for what it was and yelled out to the family, "Hey! That's a Mastercraft!!"

Plus he did it Maheraja Jumpers (which I had at the time).

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_the_shark

I found a youtube clip from this infamous episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpraJYnbVtE

Ric
01-05-2007, 05:41 PM
MC sponsered indoor supercross last year or the year before or still do dont really know the details. Just know that they did And in the movie Supercross there is an Xstar sitting next to the track in one of the shots of the movie. I was like look at that. I saw that too .

Ric
01-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Stunt.

JC is definitely missed....love Summer Vacation.

T/J over. Hi I am Joe Public... Welcome to my beach.

Ryan
01-05-2007, 06:00 PM

I just found a piece of that scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWX5eLP6pL8) on YouTube. Turn the volume off so you don't have to hear the Wall Street Wheats dialogue. It shows a blue and white Tristar 190 tied up to the dock.

School Skier
01-05-2007, 06:12 PM
What about Water World with Kevin Costner.

milkmania
01-15-2007, 12:12 PM
I just found a piece of that scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWX5eLP6pL8) on YouTube. Turn the volume off so you don't have to hear the Wall Street Wheats dialogue. It shows a blue and white Tristar 190 tied up to the dock.

here's the one I speak of

milkmania
01-15-2007, 12:19 PM
here's the other one

Ryan
01-15-2007, 12:46 PM
here's the other one

Great pics! Anyone know where that was filmed? At least the real lake scenes, not the cabin on Universal's Back-Lot.

milkmania
01-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Great pics! Anyone know where that was filmed? At least the real lake scenes, not the cabin on Universal's Back-Lot.

not sure.

but found this

Ryan
01-29-2007, 03:09 AM
I picked up "Flight of the Navigator" for really cheap over the holidays and finally sat down to watch it with my son. I must admit, half the reason I bought it was I thought there was a MC at the end. Turns out my memory is failing me already. It's a Ski Supreme.

I can't imagine letting anyone play with sparklers in my boat.:eek:

André
11-10-2007, 09:45 PM

Just watched that scene!
Funny has hell!!!

JohnnyB
11-10-2007, 10:04 PM

The lake is in California. It is a resevoir that is typically drained after August. The Power Company kept the water level up an additional two weeks for the scenes shot at the lake.

The cabin on the lake was constructed for the movie. i believe all this info is on the DVD.

ski_king
11-10-2007, 10:18 PM
More screenshots from Remo Williams....

www.totallykate.com/remo/remo1.jpg
www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare/remo/5.jpg

edit..... links not working...I will try to fix later

bepresto
11-11-2007, 09:33 AM
I really think that Vince Vaughn was trying to sound like a MC in wedding crashers. "you motorboatin sum bi***."

AirJunky
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Watched Monster Garage last night..... Jesse had a truck built to race Baja. The navigator wore an MC hat & shirt thru about 1/2 the show. Never caught his name though.

bucky
11-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Back to the original picture. Which one of you was it in the chicken suit driving that boat? Come on, fess up!

Edit: I guess some of you are off the hook since there's no teak.

SunCoast 83
12-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Police Academy 1...Master Craft chase scene. Does'nt Stg. Hightower stop one from getting away by grabbing onto the teak platform?.....memory is fading

SunCoast 83
12-11-2007, 12:13 AM
The Great Outdoors was filmed in 1988, that ProStar 190 and TriStar 220 must have been '87's.

Ryan27r
12-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Watched Monster Garage last night..... Jesse had a truck built to race Baja. The navigator wore an MC hat & shirt thru about 1/2 the show. Never caught his name though.
Wasnt that for MasterCraft Seats?

tex
12-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Matt Hasselback just mentioned Mastercraft on PTI. The hosts were poking fun at him for being captain of his team. He claimed he didn't know much about captain or boats. The then responded that he wanted a boat, maybe a nice Colbalt or Mastercraft. They laughed and said it sounded as though he knew a lot about boats. I agree!

Ryan
12-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Matt Hasselback just mentioned Mastercraft on PTI. The hosts were poking fun at him for being captain of his team. He claimed he didn't know much about captain or boats. The then responded that he wanted a boat, maybe a nice Colbalt or Mastercraft. They laughed and said it sounded as though he knew a lot about boats. I agree!
Go Matt! That's our boy.

JohnE
03-02-2008, 03:41 PM
A episode of Home Improvement had a MasterCraft.

Saw that last night. I was going to post it here, but low and behold you beat me to it by a couple of years.:D

88 PS190
03-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Wasnt that for MasterCraft Seats?

I would assume so.

MarkL
03-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Can't believe no one's mentioned Caddyshack yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcD0C-gNKVE

JohnE
03-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Datdude did, 3rd post.

Ryan
06-13-2008, 01:05 AM
This will fall under towboats of any kind...

Someone help me out here, is this a Century in the new Kid Rock video All Summer Long?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIGZLjugKA&feature=rec-fresh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIGZLjugKA&feature=rec-fresh)

91ps190
06-13-2008, 01:15 AM
Nice scenary in the video - too bad kid rock is in it

ProTour X9
06-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread, Home Improvement had a 205 in it.

MajorJohnson
06-17-2008, 09:40 PM

Jim@BAWS HAPPY NEW YEAR

noo its what the h*** are you going to do with a pontoon boat retake omaha beach :) sorry I have watched this movie over 100 times!

wakeX2wake
01-22-2009, 03:06 PM
i know its not a movie but i was surprised never-the-less... was at home over lunch and popped the tv on and the show "home improvement" was on and tim was pulling jill behind what appeared to be a '93-'94-'95 ps205... he was unwittingly driving toward a jump and swerved and drug her over the jump... not one of the shows most classic moments but i was surprised to see a MC in the show

ProTour X9
01-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread, Home Improvement had a 205 in it.
SEE ABOVE:D8p:D
i know its not a movie but i was surprised never-the-less... was at home over lunch and popped the tv on and the show "home improvement" was on and tim was pulling jill behind what appeared to be a '93-'94-'95 ps205... he was unwittingly driving toward a jump and swerved and drug her over the jump... not one of the shows most classic moments but i was surprised to see a MC in the show

wakeX2wake
01-22-2009, 04:57 PM
yep... i did an excellent job of reading back on this one...

Jim@BAWS
01-22-2009, 06:21 PM
noo its what the h*** are you going to do with a pontoon boat retake omaha beach :) sorry I have watched this movie over 100 times!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xjMEwncvA8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNWdVWhyrlc&feature=related

Enjoy

Jim@BAWS

SunCoast 83
01-26-2009, 10:48 PM
see signiture quote below....

Ron Grover
01-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Here is a clip of the home improvement episode

http://www.tv.com/video/7628/101/635/a-taylor-runs-through-it-episode-clip?o=tv&category=all&tag=showspace;video;0

Ryan
01-27-2009, 10:04 PM

http://www.tv.com/video/7628/101/635/a-taylor-runs-through-it-episode-clip?o=tv&category=all&tag=showspace;video;0

Great find!!! I didn't think I'd ever see that segment - I sure as heck didn't have the time to DVR and sort through re-runs. Anyone recall what the story was leading up to this scene? Were they borrowing a friend's boat? Did Tim buy it and Jill made him sell after sending her over the jump?

JohnE
01-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Great find!!! I didn't think I'd ever see that segment - I sure as heck didn't have the time to DVR and sort through re-runs. Anyone recall what the story was leading up to this scene? Were they borrowing a friend's boat? Did Tim buy it and Jill made him sell after sending her over the jump?

It's been a while, but I think they went on a weekend trip to a wedding or something . And that was just part of the weekend.

I might be getting it confused with another episode, though........

JohnE
01-27-2009, 10:44 PM
SEE ABOVE:D8p:D

It was mentioned way back in the thread. I checked a long time ago after I saw that episode. But it was worth repeating...

wakeX2wake
02-16-2009, 12:16 PM
there's a show on MTV called Nitro Circus... it chronicles the ridiculousness that is Travis Pastrana... show's been around a while but just teamed up w/ Johnny Knoxville as producer and just started playing on MTV... its a hilarious show and would recommend it to anyone... complete riot... anyways on last night's new episode he joined up w/ Parks Bonifay who gave a nice showing which they only showed a handful of his moves but never-the-less there's a wrapped up x-star through out the show... not sure if its Parks' boat, Travis' boat, or just one Parks demoed from the local dealer for the show but it was there never-the-less... Pastrana definitely bolted a motorcycle frame to a wakeboard and did a 2nd story dock start... funny stuff catch a re-run if you get the chance

X-Aggie
02-08-2012, 04:44 AM
Was randomly watching Jurassic Park Lost World (don't ask me why), but at the end when the T-Rex is rampaging through the suburbs you see what looks to be a MS200/210 in the driveway of one of the homes. As it was on VHS I didn't bother to look as close as possible, but it is a MasterCraft for sure.

DemolitionMan
02-08-2012, 09:16 AM
This is an old thread.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-08-2012, 10:34 AM
This is an old thread.

Some threads just keep getting revived.

SkiDog
02-08-2012, 10:39 AM

It'd be nice if we could Resurrect the Neverending Threadjack thread! But some over zealous MOD had to go and delete the damn thing!:mad:

GT500 MC
02-08-2012, 10:44 AM

Would rather see old threads getting revived than starting a new thread with the same old question or topic. A lot of that going on now.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Would rather see old threads getting revived than starting a new thread with the same old question or topic. A lot of that going on now.

Definitely. Makes searching for something that much more time consuming.

Duane D
02-08-2012, 12:32 PM
My kids watch a show on PBS called Wild Kratts about two brothers that go all over the place to teach kids about different types of animals. They did an episode about some kind of lizard that can "walk on water" and to illustrate to kids that humans can "walk on water" as well, they skied behind what looks like an X-14 to me. I found the opening segment of the episode on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7R1cmHhlO4

medicmoose
02-08-2012, 05:13 PM

So I shouldn't ask about how much weight I should put in my boat for the best wake at this point??? :D

mramerman@gmail.com
02-08-2012, 05:54 PM
My kids watch a show on PBS called Wild Kratts about two brothers that go all over the place to teach kids about different types of animals. They did an episode about some kind of lizard that can "walk on water" and to illustrate to kids that humans can "walk on water" as well, they skied behind what looks like an X-14 to me. I found the opening segment of the episode on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7R1cmHhlO4

Yup. X14 DD. Nice boat.

scott023
02-08-2012, 05:55 PM

Very well said.

GT500 MC
02-09-2012, 10:55 AM
So I shouldn't ask about how much weight I should put in my boat for the best wake at this point??? :D

Nor should you ask about what speakers and amp/sub combo would go well in your boat....:D

X-Aggie
02-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Very well said.

Patting self on back.

orbeamlb
02-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Thread bump: Watched the three part Happy Days episode tonight where Fonzie jumped the shark. They must have went "Back to the Future" seeing the show takes place in the 50's and they're skiing behind 70's MaterCrafts. Like the Green S&S the Califonia Kid had and the reverse color Black and White complete with the rental stickers that the Fonz skiied behind.

Ryan
02-07-2013, 11:45 PM
We need more pics & video clips!

I've seen this clip a couple times. Good catch on the "Pacific Rentals" side decals. Jumped the Shark is a misnomer as the show went on as #1 for it's time slot for 6 years after this episode, even if it struggled with direction. It wasn't until the last season 7 years later that it really bombed.

tdjaster
02-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Don't know if anyone's mentioned it but MasterCraft gave MTV's Real World: San Diego a Pro Tour X-Star after the tour season was over, I believe the year was 2003, maybe '04. There are a couple of clips in the season where they go out on the boat and I definitely remember a blonde hottie wearing a MC shirt once or twice during the show.

tex
07-21-2013, 10:37 PM
How about Mastercraft in a commercial....Well...the film boat!

88 PS190
07-21-2013, 10:41 PM

Jump was shot on Elk Lake MI

Double D
07-21-2013, 10:57 PM

That's my boat!! I'm sure not exact boat, but its twin! I have this scene saved as a YouTube favorite!

Ryan
07-22-2013, 08:35 AM
What's the commercial? Looks like a fun production.

Double D
07-22-2013, 09:11 AM

You mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRE-NgjUoOs

tex
07-22-2013, 10:46 AM

Interstate Batteries.

Ski-me
07-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Very cool!

TxsRiverRat
07-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Here are two pics... The 2nd pic I took from the interference boat:

http://s11.postimg.org/x2wjzeatv/IMG_20130720_00873.jpg

http://s17.postimg.org/p83fj6tvj/IMG_20130720_00876.jpg

jk13
07-22-2013, 02:32 PM
I glanced at the TV the other day while my wife was checking into "The Hero" TV show--the one with Dwayne Johnson. Their transport boat was an '04 X-Star during one of the challenges. Episode is named "Endurance" if you care to search. Looked just like this one:

Ryan
08-03-2013, 11:26 AM
I caught this on Top Gear during the hover-van segment. Looks like a 2008 X2.

Ryan
01-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Anyone see the new AllState ad 'Trash' where 'Nature Lover' (towing a black PS197 with the top of the tower removed) throws a bag of fast food trash out the window?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP_OaTfTLQA&feature=share&list=UUsqbhaLz0e3fLcF8jREJjSw

fskof
01-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Anyone see the new AllState ad 'Trash' where 'Nature Lover' (towing a black PS197 with the top of the tower removed) throws a bag of fast food trash out the window?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP_OaTfTLQA&feature=share&list=UUsqbhaLz0e3fLcF8jREJjSw

I have not seen that one yet. I did see the new "tail gate" commercial during the football game on New Years day.
I love the Allstate commercials

zsqure
01-02-2014, 04:55 PM
I saw it a couple times last night. Thought hey that looks like the rear of a ski boat. And did I see two exhaust holes?

orbeamlb
02-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Watched I love the 80's and noticed they used a S&S in the Go-Gos "Vacation" video. Read that they filmed the real skiing portions at Cypress Gardens.

Aric'sX15
02-08-2014, 02:36 PM
I caught this on Top Gear during the hover-van segment. Looks like a 2008 X2.

I was totally trying to get a screen shot of that too! was pretty shocked to see that on TG.

Ryan
02-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Watched I love the 80's and noticed they used a S&S in the Go-Gos "Vacation" video. Read that they filmed the real skiing portions at Cypress Gardens.

Good catch

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/09/zupa8u3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

mikeg205
02-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Good catch

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/09/zupa8u3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

good eye... never noticed!

Snipe
02-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Good find, Ryan.
+1+1+1++1+1+1

SunCoast 83
02-10-2014, 12:43 AM
That's funny. I watched that music video right after reading it just to see the MC.
Not too much of a Go Go fan.....