PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading 06 x2

daver11
01-22-2015, 11:03 PM
I was wondering if it is possible at all to fit a zft tower to a 06 x2. We currently have the zero flex tower and wish to change it so that there is part at the front to swing over. If not the zft is there something else that is suitable and can the boat handle the tower being fixed in the one spot?

Has anyone fitted the wake attitude plate to an 06 x2 and did it make a big difference to the ski wake? I know the x2 isn't made for skiing but we do a bit of everything and would like it to be softer on the knees when going for a slalom ski.

A big thanks to the teamtalk community although I have never posted before I have read and learned a lot and hope to keep reading and learning about our now seven year old boat.

Cheers

swatguy
01-23-2015, 01:11 AM
Can't help you on the tower, but I have skied behind several x2's with an attitude plate and it def makes difference.

Thrall
01-23-2015, 12:18 PM
Yes a center wake plate will fit. I've not installed one but did measure up a tab to fit.
Imo changing out the tower is a huge expense for zero gain other than a different appearance.
Aside from dropping big $$ on a new tower like $5-8k all in with accessories, you will have holes to patch in your gunnels from the old mount.
BTW, the 05-06 zero flex towers are as sturdy of better than the later models. Just not as flashy.
I could think of a dozen ways to spend that much $ upgrading my boat before the tower even entered the picture.