PDA

View Full Version : Keep your eyes peeled please

6ballsisall
01-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Hey all

I am looking for a nice used boom for my 95' MC. I am watching ebay on occasion and some of the boating sites such as this one. If anyone runs across a good deal on one that works for my boat (would prefer to buy used) please let me know. Thanks!

JimN
01-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Why not call BFI and see if they have any deals?

Farmer Ted
01-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Jeff call a couple of dealers that are close to you and see if they have any used ones they got with trade ins. Might be able to get a deal.

Calling BFI is also a good idea, but be ready for a wait.

whitedog
01-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Jeff check your mail box.

JimN
01-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Farmer- you mean a shipping delay or getting through to them?

Farmer Ted
01-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Farmer- you mean a shipping delay or getting through to them?

waiting for them to goof something up, I called for several months but they were not making any mistakes when they were manufacturing...

good for them, bad for anyone looking for a deal on a factory blem....

everytime I called, Mike Seipel took the time to go look around for a blem, very customer service oriented guy!

6ballsisall
01-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Jeff check your mail box.

You've got mail ;)

JimN
01-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Or maybe they were selling the dinged ones to certain dealers as scratch and dent seconds. It says something about the way they pack/make/ship them if they never have any damaged ones, though.

Footin
01-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Ready to work on your barefoot skills Jeff?

6ballsisall
01-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Ready to work on your barefoot skills Jeff?

You got it! I want to make it out to long line this year :banana:

Footin
01-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Very cool, keep in mind long line is a world of difference than the boom but I am sure you can do it.

Cloaked
01-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Very cool, keep in mind long line is a world of difference than the boom but I am sure you can do it.He's a natural.....

Long line is indeed a different thrill.....

flipper
01-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Ant tips, that is my goal of this year too. I can do short line off the boom, but can't seem to get anywhere on a long line but the bottom of the lake!

Cloaked
01-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Ant tips, that is my goal of this year too. I can do short line off the boom, but can't seem to get anywhere on a long line but the bottom of the lake!Stepping off of a ski is an easy way to learn. I posted details here a few months back on the way I like to advise new-footers. It's really easy once you get a few falls in.

flipper
01-02-2006, 02:52 AM
Stepping off of a ski is an easy way to learn. I posted details here a few months back on the way I like to advise new-footers. It's really easy once you get a few falls in.
I have herd of getting up off a knee board, never thought about a ski. I think I could do that. The deep water start is what I can't figure out on my own. Thanks for the idea.

bfinley
01-02-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm looking for a used boom too. I'll give BFI a call this week. However, if anyone else knows where there's a deal, I'd love to hear about it.

rodltg2
01-02-2006, 06:42 PM
i have an extra boom. my 93 strs and stripes came with one which i kept after i sold the boat. have a straight and a contour. when i figure out which one works for my new boat ill sell the other.

erkoehler
01-02-2006, 08:47 PM
i have an extra boom. my 93 strs and stripes came with one which i kept after i sold the boat. have a straight and a contour. when i figure out which one works for my new boat ill sell the other.

Rod,

We needed a contour for the 2005 R LX team boat. Should be about the same windshield setup.

Cloaked
01-02-2006, 09:48 PM
I have herd of getting up off a knee board, never thought about a ski. I think I could do that. The deep water start is what I can't figure out on my own. Thanks for the idea.Knee boards are OK but I have found them to be more trouble from porpoising than not.

The deep is a matter of technique, but I'd recommend knowing the feel of footing before trying the deep (although it's not impossible).

Footin' does a good deep start. Personally, I got tired of water in my head for days after a deep. Stepping off is the most enjoyable for me at this point.

rodltg2
01-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Rod,

We needed a contour for the 2005 R LX team boat. Should be about the same windshield setup.

thanks, i think so too. so uif thats the case i have a straight BI available to sell. its about 10years old .

flipper
01-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Knee boards are OK but I have found them to be more trouble from porpoising than not.

The deep is a matter of technique, but I'd recommend knowing the feel of footing before trying the deep (although it's not impossible).

Footin' does a good deep start. Personally, I got tired of water in my head for days after a deep. Stepping off is the most enjoyable for me at this point.
Ha, the whole water in the head thing is why I have only tried a few times. Thanks for the help.

rodltg2
01-02-2006, 10:02 PM
do the two ski jump out, that one is always good for a few laughs for those of us in the boat

whitedog
01-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Knee boards are OK but I have found them to be more trouble from porpoising than not.

Try a wake board with the bindings removed or a wake skate. They do not porpose like a kneeboard. I went from a wake skate to long line deeps in one afternoon. :D

jimmer2880
01-03-2006, 06:03 AM

Try a wake board with the bindings removed or a wake skate. They do not porpose like a kneeboard. I went from a wake skate to long line deeps in one afternoon. :D

I'll agree there. I have an original skurfer (Long, Yellow, thick with a HUGE tunnel & fin), works well. But - I also have a 1st generation compression molded Connelly wakeboard that works better. Again - bindings removed. What I like about the Connelly is that it has pretty close to neutral bouyancy - so you can sit (straddle) on it from the start easily.

flipper
01-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Never tried any of these, but they make sence, have to get the mind set this winter and go for it this summer. I can deep start on a short line off the boom, just not long line. I thought about putting the rope up on the tower to give an upward pull like the boom does. Anybody ever tried that? Thanks, this is better than going to a ski shcool! :woohoo:

erkoehler
01-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Never tried any of these, but they make sence, have to get the mind set this winter and go for it this summer. I can deep start on a short line off the boom, just not long line. I thought about putting the rope up on the tower to give an upward pull like the boom does. Anybody ever tried that? Thanks, this is better than going to a ski shcool! :woohoo:

I learned long line deeps this past summer, and we used a fly-high to get a higher tow point.

Be ready for quite a few pretty good falls.....don't get discouraged.

flipper
01-03-2006, 07:44 PM
I learned long line deeps this past summer, and we used a fly-high to get a higher tow point.

Be ready for quite a few pretty good falls.....don't get discouraged.
Never!!! :D Face plants never stopped me before, may have made me drink the pain away, but I always try again the next day> :toast:

rodltg2
01-03-2006, 08:01 PM
broken ear drum discouraged me from barefooting for a long time. ill still go out on the boom every once in awhile but its all about slalom now.

André
01-03-2006, 08:23 PM
broken ear drum discouraged me from barefooting for a long time. ill still go out on the boom every once in awhile but its all about slalom now.
I will gladly resume my brief barefooting carrer:
Water,sky,water,sky,water,sky,water....OUCHH! :eek:

flipper
01-03-2006, 08:31 PM
I will gladly resume my brief barefooting carrer:
Water,sky,water,sky,water,sky,water....OUCHH! :eek:
Hey, you got lucky! My last go around I tripped, next thing I knew, the boat was next to me and my buddy was trying to wake me up. When I came to he said "Wow, you ate $h1tt, want to go again" and I did later that day. No brain, no pain! :uglyhamme

rodltg2
01-03-2006, 08:34 PM
thats crazy. barefooting is nutty. dont know how you regulars keep at it. in college thats all i did, now the falls hurt too much.

whitedog
01-03-2006, 09:47 PM
. I thought about putting the rope up on the tower to give an upward pull like the boom does.

Makes starting much easier. I used a tower when I was first learning and still do if the boat I am using has a tower.

jimmer2880
01-04-2006, 06:01 AM

My wife bought me a neoprene hood this year just to protect my drums. I plan on also using it for slalom. The 72 year old that I go out with wears one all the time. It works well. It was hard to find one though that wasn't just for warmth. Ended up getting it from a kayaking supply shop.

SkiDog
01-04-2006, 04:37 PM
I Have A Boom That Fits An 88 Prostar. Will It Work?

Footin
01-04-2006, 04:44 PM
I Have A Boom That Fits An 88 Prostar. Will It Work?

Yes, I think it will. The boom I have was originally bought for my 87 Prostar and it has worked on my 87, my 91 and my 94.

whitedog
01-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Jrandol will this work.

SkiDog
01-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Back in my younger days, when I didn't want to barefoot off the boom, I would shorten up a rope to about 16'' past the platform. The drive would take off, run up to about 34mph, while standing on the platform, with rope in hand, I would ease back till I was riding on my a$$ with my feet still on the platform. When I got comfortable, I would just take my feet off and stand up! It was really cool, but I couldn't go very far cause of the prop wash on the bottom of my feet. When I got tired, I just let go. Never did hit the boat!

6ballsisall
01-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Jrandol will this work.

You've got a PM whitedog ;)

Cloaked
01-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Back in my younger days, when I didn't want to barefoot off the boom, I would shorten up a rope to about 16'' past the platform. The drive would take off, run up to about 34mph, while standing on the platform, with rope in hand, I would ease back till I was riding on my a$$ with my feet still on the platform. When I got comfortable, I would just take my feet off and stand up! It was really cool, but I couldn't go very far cause of the prop wash on the bottom of my feet. When I got tired, I just let go. Never did hit the boat!
I just step back onto the water then back up on the platform when done. No need for the other (for my needs).

I have a lead on a boom here Jeff! It came from a 96 205.

Sorry to jack yEr thread Jeff.... (NOT!)

:uglyhamme

BriEOD
01-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Do they come with the boom? :eek:

bcampbe7
01-09-2006, 09:53 AM
I think he just needs a boom, not boom boom! :worthy:

6ballsisall
01-09-2006, 10:27 AM
I just step back onto the water then back up on the platform when done. No need for the other (for my needs).

I have a lead on a boom here Jeff! It came from a 96 205.

Sorry to jack yEr thread Jeff.... (NOT!)

:uglyhamme

No worries Sporty! You can threadjack any thread you like if you ask me! :headbang:

rodltg2
01-11-2006, 07:13 PM
did you get a boom yet? i still have the straight one available if needed.

Jim@BAWS
01-11-2006, 07:27 PM
We could always make it this years "GROUP BUY"

Not like those girls...hoping that they are "BI"...just joking

They are definity "BOOM BOOM" and "BOOM BOOM"
Always amazing what blond hair and BIG YOBOS will do for a girl.
Why where they not on the calender that I just recieved?
Did I get the wrong one?

Call me if anyone needs a GREAT DEAL on a new boom drop shipped
from BI... that "BAREFOOT INTERNATIONAL" You pervs !!!

Jim@BAWS...I can make it happen

André
01-11-2006, 07:30 PM
We could always make it this years "GROUP BUY"...
Holy Cow Jim,you know you can't type those words here... :D

Barefoot57
01-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Hi.

I run the Barefoot International / Fly High Used/ Refurbished and Blemished Equipment Outlet Store for the UW-Stout Water Ski Team. We are the only people that sell everything that cannot go out the door at Barefoot International / Fly High. We have access to a ton of Barefoot International / Fly High equipment that has been lightly used, factory blemished or refurbished. Most of the time, this equipment is like new, but just doesn't pass the strick quality standards at Barefoot International / Fly High.

I can get you a boom for you boat for a really good deal. Please email me at lundtda@uwstout.edu. You should also check out www.uwstoutwaterski.com - That is the site in which the Outlet Store is linked to.

If anyone needs ANYTHING from Barefoot International / Fly High, just check out www.uwstoutwaterski.com, click the Outlet Store link, fill in the inquiry form, and I will get back to about the availability and price within 1 business day.

Thanks!