PDA

View Full Version : Original Trailer Jack

Sodar
12-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Does anyone still have their original trailer jack on their trailer? My jack crapped out on me last week, so I had to go to a marine store and buy a universal one that required me to bolt an ugly bracket on the trailer in order for it to work. I was wondering what the make of my original jack was.... the one that bolts onto the MasterCraft made bracket with the 4 allen screws. By the way, my trailer is a 1996. I will post the pics of the bracket if I need to. Thanks for your help

flipper
12-30-2005, 04:36 PM
send some pics, I have a friend that is a manager of a huge trailer shop that would beable to find one that looks the same. Far as I know there are only a few styles.

Sodar
12-30-2005, 04:55 PM
I do not have my old jack... I was out on a road trip at the time and the guy at the shop took my old jack and just gave me the bracket that came with my trailer. The bracket looks like this:

flipper
12-30-2005, 05:01 PM
It may be a couple days, but I will send him this pic and see what he has to say. It may be a "fulton" jack, that is what mine looks like. Most trailer shops will have Check this one out, may beable to use it with out their mount.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/NTESearch?storeId=6970&N=0&Ntk=All&Ntt=trailer%20jack&Nty=1&D=trailer%20jack&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

Leroy
12-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Sodar; is this what you bought?

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=5800496

Sodar
12-30-2005, 05:21 PM
This is what I got... the guy just gave it to me until I could get home and find the right replacement.

flipper
12-30-2005, 05:28 PM
both, the one leroy sent and the one that I did should beable to work with your bracket. The only thing to watch for is how long the round tube that goes through the hold on the bracket is. If to long. it will hit the trailer and not mount up right. It is just a snap ring that holds the jack to the bracket, take off the clamp on bracket and put on your old one.

Sodar
12-30-2005, 05:35 PM
both, the one leroy sent and the one that I did should beable to work with your bracket. The only thing to watch for is how long the round tube that goes through the hold on the bracket is. If to long. it will hit the trailer and not mount up right. It is just a snap ring that holds the jack to the bracket, take off the clamp on bracket and put on your old one.

No, It is not a snap ring. It was a bolt-on, but the problem with the one's that I tried at the store was the the pin that you pull to put the wheel up and down did not line up with the holes on the bracket. Should I just buy an new jack that can be bolted on and build a new bracket to fit on the welded on bracket of the trailer?

flipper
12-30-2005, 05:42 PM
No, It is not a snap ring. It was a bolt-on, but the problem with the one's that I tried at the store was the the pin that you pull to put the wheel up and down did not line up with the holes on the bracket. Should I just buy an new jack that can be bolted on and build a new bracket to fit on the welded on bracket of the trailer?
It's not a snap ring that holds the jack to the bracket so it can turn? Guess it is different than mine, or as I remember.

Sodar
12-30-2005, 05:53 PM
No, when they used a snap ring it is set up the opposite way you are thinking of. The Male end is bolted to the trailer while the jack end is the female with a snap ring joining the two together. I just went and looked at my buddy's Schiada Boat Trailer and his is set up with the snap ring.

east tx skier
12-30-2005, 06:10 PM
I've got the original jack on my trailer. I'll check it when I get home.

flipper
12-30-2005, 06:12 PM
It all makes sense now. Sorry about that. I check into it for you.

Footin
12-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Call Rambo or BAWS, they can get the OEM Jack that will bolt on your trailer.

east tx skier
12-30-2005, 10:58 PM
The OEM jack on my trailer is an Atwood.

JDK
12-31-2005, 12:52 AM
If you need a new jack, shop at a farm equipment supply store. They will at least have a selection of some heavier duty ones and most likely they won't all be made in China like every RV jack I've ever seen is. Look for Berma brand....made in Italy.