PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Bowtie update????

Workin' 4 Toys
12-30-2005, 10:19 AM
I'm looking for the update on this project...

Workin' 4 Toys
12-30-2005, 10:19 AM
?..............

Workin' 4 Toys
12-30-2005, 10:20 AM
............?

6ballsisall
12-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Very cool! May not ever make it out if their financials don't change :rolleyes:

MYMC
12-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Given the contractual obligation made with the UAW around the F-body platform I doubt it will ever see the light of day.

Too bad with this on the way:

6ballsisall
12-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Given the contractual obligation made with the UAW around the F-body platform I doubt it will ever see the light of day.

That is one bad arse car!! Almost gets me excited about Dodge products again!!

MYMC
12-30-2005, 11:29 AM
I have never owned a Chrysler product, but this would make me think I might need to.

mitch
12-30-2005, 11:33 AM
That is one bad arse car!! Almost gets me excited about Dodge products again!!

Agreed! That is sharp

milkmania
12-30-2005, 11:45 AM
good looking car right here!
Charger SRT-8

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/02/chargersrt806_04.jpg

André
12-30-2005, 12:02 PM
In the last 20 years ,I think Chrysler is certainly the one that came up with the more interesting bodyworks of the 3.
Feel free to update my memory...
Viper,Stealth,Ram pickup design,Prowler,PT Cruiser,300 M ,Jeep Grand Cherokee in 93,...I know i forget some others.
I will add that it took 10 years to GM and Ford to come up with something as good as a Caravan.

east tx skier
12-30-2005, 12:40 PM
I have never owned a Chrysler product, but this would make me think I might need to.

My wife owned a Sebring. She will never own another Chrysler product.

Technically, we don't blame Chrysler for the lightening that struck the tree that fell on the car. But after all the other stuff that went wrong, I can't (and this is just my opinion) entirely rule them out.

rodltg2
12-30-2005, 01:51 PM
In the last 20 years ,I think Chrysler is certainly the one that came up with the more interesting bodyworks of the 3.
Feel free to update my memory...
Viper,Stealth,Ram pickup design,Prowler,PT Cruiser,300 M ,Jeep Grand Cherokee in 93,...I know i forget some others.
I will add that it took 10 years to GM and Ford to come up with something as good as a Caravan.

dont forget magnum

Footin
12-30-2005, 01:54 PM
I have a 300M and love it, plenty of power, looks, comfort and it gets about 28mpg on the highway.

AirJunky
12-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Dakota 4x4 & Neon R/T here. Both do their job great.

Leroy
12-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Chrysler and Mercedes should have been a perfect match, great styling and German engineering.

Ford's market cap is above GM now, really strange.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-30-2005, 03:00 PM
German engineering
Huh, leaves something to be desired.......

Workin' 4 Toys
12-30-2005, 03:05 PM
I have to wonder, will these classic looks bring the outrageous prices of the original classics down?

Ric
12-30-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm looking for the update on this project...
Ahhh that brings me memories of my youth, searching for that 1968 project camaro :steering: scaring the hell out of my dad, I'm sure as he knew that a project like that would work the Dad to death!!!
all that hooplah and I've never owned a "car" in my life. (Only Trucks)

Workin' 4 Toys
01-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Ahhh that brings me memories of my youth, searching for that 1968 project camaro :steering: scaring the hell out of my dad, I'm sure as he knew that a project like that would work the Dad to death!!!
all that hooplah and I've never owned a "car" in my life. (Only Trucks)
Similar here, took my dad out looking at cars with me, looked at a '68 GTO Blown 454 roller w/muncie, 4.56 with a spool, and he had spray on it, but didn't use it for the test drive. My dad became my old man when I took it for a ride and it stood up on the rear wheels for a second. I remember thinking, THIS IS THE CAR I NEED. When I returned from my test drive, I think he then had all grays. And yes it was suppose to be a commuter. I am somewhat glad I did not buy that car......I probably wouldn't be here today telling the story. Oh, and I was about 19 . Later, I dug deeper and bought the stock '69 GTO instead. Boy I miss that car now. I have some great memories in it. Is that why I need another one?

bcampbe7
01-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Not a much of a Jeep fan but I want the new Jeep Cherokee SRT8!
http://www.jeep.com/srt/

mitch
01-04-2006, 09:37 AM

C/D came in and there was a nice spread on this one. I love that car!!!!!!

MYMC
01-04-2006, 10:06 AM
I have to wonder, will these classic looks bring the outrageous prices of the original classics down?

Doubt it...it is the limited production and surviving all those years that mark the big buck cars.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Alright I will give my non expert, biased, uneducated, non researched, guy that works in the car biz opinion. 8p

The Camaro- Dont hold your breath. I havent heard ONE rumbling of this from any other dealers, or GM. nothing... nada... zip. GM canned the F bodies for poor sales. They needed to meet new federal emissions standards and it wasnt worth it for them to sink more money into R & D because the sales just werent there to justify it. See, auto insurance is a BIG deterrant from buying these "hot rod" type cars. People can afford the cars, but either cant afford the insurance OR refuse to pay the high premiums. Sales suffer badly from that, so the Camaro and Firebird got cancelled. I highly doubt either of those cars will make it back in todays market with GM in the shape they are in. Ford is tearing up the market with the retro-stang. Those retro stangs are all over! People are eating it up. But Its not gonna last forever, its just a fad. The novelty will wear off soon. GM had a competitor for the Ford T bird when it was reintroduced a few years back, it was called the "bel air" and they erased that from the chalkboard when the T bird fell on its face after a very strong start. The sales skyrocketed, then plummeted just as fast. Dealers found themselves stuck with T birds in stock, and no market for them. GM is seeing that now with the SSR. The SSR sales are really slumping. The novelty has worn off already. SO I think the will really think hard about all this before bringing back a 2 door hot rod car. I just dont see it happening.

The Dodge Charger- I think its a mistake. Look at their current line up. The got that hot rod Magnum wagon thing already for performance fans. yes its a wagon, but its a 4 door too, and to be quite honest, its actually cooler than the Charger. Its got the HEMI. They dont need another 4 door performance sedan. They got the Chrysler 300 for a performance sedan too. The Charger should have been a 2 door, or at least offered as a 2 door. Charger Nostaglia diehards are really turning a cold shoulder to the new charger because its 4 door.

Again, this is purely opinion. I may be completely wrong on every issue, I have been before. :o

sassydog
01-04-2006, 01:35 PM
i'd have to pick the charger myself. but i'm sure itd get bored with it soon after i put on my flannel shirt and did a few hundred 'hoodslides'. that or when it gets impounded for running moonshine!. do you think the 01 and the rebel flag are factory paintjobs??

Workin' 4 Toys
01-04-2006, 03:19 PM
UMP,
I'd say the sales aren't where they should be with the GTO. Sorry to say, they NEVER should have put the name tag on it. It would have been great otherwise. The new GTO with its 2 door config is a fast car. But the stupid safeties they put on it leave alot to be desired. I drove an auto. with the 6.0, they did not have a manual trans which would have been alot more fun, but I hear it has a safety on the clutch that won't let you dump the clutch. Hmmm...... Insurance.......
The Charger, I agree it should be a 2 door. Maybe next year. I think it should remain almost the same size a little shorter, but in 2 door.

In that movie The island, they sure do make those Magnums look awesome and sound even better. Not to mention the sound of the SSR.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-04-2006, 03:20 PM
i'd have to pick the charger myself. but i'm sure itd get bored with it soon after i put on my flannel shirt and did a few hundred 'hoodslides'. that or when it gets impounded for running moonshine!. do you think the 01 and the rebel flag are factory paintjobs??
And maybe its an option to have nonfuctioning doors. Like a child safety lock, but in and out.

ski36short
01-04-2006, 07:47 PM
The Charger, I agree it should be a 2 door. Maybe next year. I think it should remain almost the same size a little shorter, but in 2 door.

I'm not gonna touch the GTO stuff. "Next year" is about to arrive though... http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060104/AUTO04/601040373 There have been spy shots out for a while. www.gminsidenews.com is a pretty good site. There's a bunch of Camaro-wishers there too.

AirJunky
01-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Hehe, makes me wonder if they will step up with a Cuda.

01-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Hehe, makes me wonder if they will step up with a Cuda.

Now THAT is a good question. They have the potential to be heros, or zeros with that concept. Do it right, they could have a winner, do it wrong, they could ruin the nameplate forever.

01-05-2006, 11:21 AM
IMO the GTO has major styling issues. It looks like a warmed over MOnte. It should have aggresive styling, dynamic looks. Make it look like a fast car. give it some life, some style, give it something. but that car is just crying for a makeover.

milkmania
01-07-2006, 11:46 PM
here's ya a nice little video featuring the newest Camaro
mms://c9o.earthcache.net/woc-01.media.globix.net/COMP000787MOD1/roadandtrack/2006/0601_camaro_hi.wmv (mms://c9o.earthcache.net/woc-01.media.globix.net/COMP000787MOD1/roadandtrack/2006/0601_camaro_hi.wmv)

it's a .wmv link, so it'll prompt you to open Windows Media Player, or similar program

note:
I did not turn the speakers on when I was viewing it, so I don't know what it says:o

Workin' 4 Toys
01-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Nice, I only wish I knew it was real.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-18-2006, 01:52 PM
There was something in the news about this over the weekend. I saw pictures of them on the screen, but the volume was not high enough to hear.

Rockman
01-18-2006, 06:41 PM
good looking car right here!
Charger SRT-8

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/02/chargersrt806_04.jpg

Muscle car now a 4 door sedan. :noface:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-18-2006, 06:51 PM
I have also seen some sneak peeks at the 2 door you Dodge lovers will enjoy. The challenger coming soon.

milkmania
02-10-2006, 12:44 AM
NYPD Adds Dodge Muscle Car to Its Fleet (http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-nypd-muscle-cars,0,2271238.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines)

twieder
02-10-2006, 10:06 AM
NYPD Adds Dodge Muscle Car to Its Fleet (http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-nypd-muscle-cars,0,2271238.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines)

Thats awsome and scarry at the same time.Some cops can't drive at 80 letalone 150!Just a reason for the bad guys to go faster tryin to out run the cops!

milkmania
02-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Thats awsome and scarry at the same time.Some cops can't drive at 80 letalone 150!Just a reason for the bad guys to go faster tryin to out run the cops!

This LT-1 Camaro chased a BMW at 150mph. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6386278938406609507

be sure and check out the camaro's near collision at 2:52:eek:

Maristar210
02-10-2006, 11:57 AM
IMO the GTO has major styling issues. It looks like a warmed over MOnte. It should have aggresive styling, dynamic looks. Make it look like a fast car. give it some life, some style, give it something. but that car is just crying for a makeover.

I was very disappointed when I first saw it. It looks like a Grand Am and a Monte Carlo were blended. As a lifelong GMC and Pontiac man who has wanted a 66 goat forever I must say Pontiac has missed the boat on this one badly.

Steve

stevo137
02-10-2006, 12:11 PM
I have had my Magnum for just over a year and have about 31,000 miles on it with no problems other than a squeaky brake pedal.
I really enjoy the car but it takes time to get comfortable with the visibility.
It will be time to turn it in by October and order the new one. The company is now offering the Charger with the 3.5 and I might go with that this time.
Another rep just got his Charger and loves it. I don't think you will see it in a two door again though.

milkmania
02-10-2006, 12:17 PM
I was very disappointed when I first saw it. It looks like a Grand Am and a Monte Carlo were blended. As a lifelong GMC and Pontiac man who has wanted a 66 goat forever I must say Pontiac has missed the boat on this one badly.

Steve

my nephew has a newer GTO....
I was not impressed:(

Workin' 4 Toys
02-10-2006, 02:36 PM
I have had my Magnum for just over a year and have about 31,000 miles on it with no problems other than a squeaky brake pedal.
I really enjoy the car but it takes time to get comfortable with the visibility.
It will be time to turn it in by October and order the new one. The company is now offering the Charger with the 3.5 and I might go with that this time.
Another rep just got his Charger and loves it. I don't think you will see it in a two door again though.
Thats why they will have a Challenger, 2 Dr. Maybe you'll be lucky to see them by October...

Workin' 4 Toys
02-10-2006, 02:40 PM
my nephew has a newer GTO....
I was not impressed:(
I am going to jump to the conclusion it is the 5.7. If he isn't already sorry he didn't wait for the 6.0, have him take that one for a ride. There is a difference. (The Manual of course)
They seriously missed the boat on the styling IMO. But is seems like it could be a quick car with some mods. I will see how they do at the track this year.

milkmania
02-10-2006, 04:21 PM
correct on the 5.7

he drove it in from San Diego to Tulsa for Grandma's funeral. I rode in it a little bit, and when I say I wasn't impressed.... pretty much the styling didn't do it for me and it seemed to move fine, it just rode like crap. worse than a late model mustang

Workin' 4 Toys
02-10-2006, 04:27 PM
If this camaro/firebird is released, I am going to forget there is a "new" GTO...... I may even set my wants for a 68/69 on the back burner...

milkmania
02-11-2006, 09:29 PM
If this camaro/firebird is released, I am going to forget there is a "new" GTO...... I may even set my wants for a 68/69 on the back burner...

I saw it ( Camaro) on the cover of Motor Trend today:headbang:

Workin' 4 Toys
02-11-2006, 11:44 PM
I saw it ( Camaro) on the cover of Motor Trend today:headbang:
You haven't seen this thread yet have you....It's alive!!!
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7195&page=1&pp=30

Workin' 4 Toys
04-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Hey, UMP, what do you know about the "release" of this? Got any real "inside" dirt on it?

MYMC
04-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Maybe the roof will be one piece?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1554953831&posted=1#post1554953831

Ric
04-28-2006, 10:48 AM
I remember the early taurus svo's blowing out the rear windows at ludicrous speed

MYMC
04-28-2006, 10:56 AM
I remember the early taurus svo's blowing out the rear windows at ludicrous speed
Yep me too, but I wouldn't call 60 ludicrous.

Ric
04-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Yep me too, but I wouldn't call 60 ludicrous.
no me neither, but do dealers believe every story that comes in for warranty :cool:

MYMC
04-28-2006, 11:03 AM
You bet we do! ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
04-28-2006, 03:56 PM
A shopped pic of a comparible drop top.
I wonder if in the 3 years it will take to produce, if the retro thing will still be hot.
Or will Dodge and Ford come out with additional lineups to show Chevy just how far they missed the window of opportunity.

pq2
04-28-2006, 07:23 PM
nice cars, my dream, thaĦe mustang on "gone in 60 seconds"

Workin' 4 Toys
04-28-2006, 10:41 PM
nice cars, my dream, thaĦe mustang on "gone in 60 seconds"
I think there is someone out there building BRAND NEW ones of these, I'd have to find the article again.

04-28-2006, 10:48 PM
A shopped pic of a comparible drop top.
I wonder if in the 3 years it will take to produce, if the retro thing will still be hot.
Or will Dodge and Ford come out with additional lineups to show Chevy just how far they missed the window of opportunity.
WFT, has GM announced that they are actually gonna build that Camaro???? I havent seen or heard anything "official" at the dealership level..... just speculation..... What have you heard?

SKI*MC
04-28-2006, 10:56 PM
i love the 1969 side swipes (behind the door) and how they integrated them into the new ones.

Workin' 4 Toys
04-28-2006, 11:19 PM
WFT, has GM announced that they are actually gonna build that Camaro???? I havent seen or heard anything "official" at the dealership level..... just speculation..... What have you heard?
Do you read ANY magazines..?

Workin' 4 Toys
04-28-2006, 11:22 PM
I just got in a short while ago from a car show up the road. There was a Hugger orange '69 SS396. Got my blood pumpin'. And wouldn't luck have it, parked next to it, an '06 Z06. I asked my wife which one we should work on getting, she without hestitiation pointed to the '69. I have to agree, but I am torn...

SKI*MC
04-28-2006, 11:23 PM
need i say more... :D :D

Workin' 4 Toys
04-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Hey which came first, did you match the cabinets to the car, or the car to the cabinets.

(And I have not forgotten you have one, QUIT reminding me I need one..;) )

SKI*MC
04-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Cabinets, our camaro before this one, was white with black stripes. It had a 383 Stroker, and was a COMPLETE sleeper. I loved that car.

Ric
05-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Maybe the roof will be one piece?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1554953831&posted=1#post1554953831
well it looks like gm is recalling 06 vettes with painted roofs because of this problem :eek:

Workin' 4 Toys
06-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Hey, what's the latest on the camaro builds?

06-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Hey, what's the latest on the camaro builds?
Ive heard NOTHING official from GM....

We did see something in a car magazine that had a story about the Camaro convertible being a "definite" but I dont trust it. it didnt give enough solid info for me to believe it. I want to see something in Automotive News or a good reputable publication.

Workin' 4 Toys
06-21-2006, 04:49 PM
I've got "a friend" (yeah I know the famous line) over at a GM dealer, he tells me he heard there won't be a back seat. So I had an argument about it with him. The car was at the Chicago Auto show, the same one in all the Motor trend and Hot rod magazines over the last few months. It had a back seat at the show. If I find out it will be a two seater, I am going to throw in the towel on the whole idea.
A convertible would be cool, but most important it better have the 7.0 and a 6 speed tranny. There is a lot of misinformation out there on it. I for one and waiting to see what happens before I put money on anything. Just trying to get the inside scoop somewhere if there is an inside.....

Ive heard NOTHING official from GM....

We did see something in a car magazine that had a story about the Camaro convertible being a "definite" but I dont trust it. it didnt give enough solid info for me to believe it. I want to see something in Automotive News or a good reputable publication.

Workin' 4 Toys
08-08-2006, 12:29 PM
:woohoo:
:banana: The Detroit Free Press reports that General Motors has green-lit production of the extremely popular Chevy Camaro concept. While GM spokesperson Steve Harris would not confirm questions on the Camaro's status last week, others within GM state top brass has given it the thumbs up. GM chairman Rick Wagoner may give the official word as early as this Thursday:banana:

Workin' 4 Toys
08-08-2006, 12:31 PM
:cool: a convertible version should also be in the works, and this rendering by Brenda Priddy and Co. suggests what a Camaro droptop will look like when it hits the streets sometime around 2009.
:cool:..........