PDA

View Full Version : Is my hull off?

flipper
12-29-2005, 10:51 PM
I redid the bump rail on my boat this week and when all done, I thought I had put the rear left side on a little off. Wanting it to be right, I took it back off and looked a little closer. Where it hull comes together and overlaps, the left side is taller than the right and the rest of the boat. It is about 1/2" to 3/4" off from the right side. I was told that MC has a life time warrenty on the hull. Would this be covered? I am the second or third owner if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

tph
12-30-2005, 01:52 AM
I found the same thing when I replaced my rub rail years ago. I installed the new one so that the distance from the top edge of the deck to the top of the rail was approximately the same on both sides. It looks fine. I doubt that MC would consider this difference a warranty item.

flipper
12-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Are you saying the rub rail was off, or the top cap of the hull comes down futher on one side than the other. It is almost like the hull twisted some how. Do you know what kind of material your dash is made of, I have wanted to do something like that with mine, looks real nice.