PDA

View Full Version : Deer Valley, Utah

T Scott
12-28-2005, 07:10 PM
I am taking my family snow skiing in Deer Valley, Utah. in March of 2006. (Just outside Salt lake City) Has anyone been there? I am looking for ideas on what to do (other than ski) ie: snowmobileing, hiking, etc.

For those of you that have kids, how many days of ski school do you recommend for them? What did it cost? Also, if anyone has a source for discounted lift tickets, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks in advance!

Tom

east tx skier
12-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Deer Valley is gorgeous. All we do is ski and we'd headed over there from Park City for a day. My father-in-law went there twice last season and loved it. We took my niece to Snowmass for her first ski trip last year. My sister got her a private lesson the first day and put her in ski school for the rest of the week, save for the last day, when she went skiing with us. In four days, she went from never having skied before to skiing blues from the top of the mountain. Expensive? You bet. But the results were good. The private lesson ($$$) was the key I think. Just to get the fundamentals in place. Some times, ski schools, for all the good they offer, can miss that with the newbies.

As for lift tickets, call the place where you intend to lodge. At a lot of resorts, you can order them through the lodge before a certain date (early in the season) and you can get a discount. Plus, it's waiting for you when you arrive. You can also look around on ebay. Have fun.

vegashomeexpert
12-29-2005, 05:07 PM
I am taking my family snow skiing in Deer Valley, Utah. in March of 2006. (Just outside Salt lake City) Has anyone been there? I am looking for ideas on what to do (other than ski) ie: snowmobileing, hiking, etc.

For those of you that have kids, how many days of ski school do you recommend for them? What did it cost? Also, if anyone has a source for discounted lift tickets, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks in advance!

Tom
Check out the Olympic Park where they did the Jumping and bobsled. I think you can take a ride on the bobsled run. Also, main street Park City is .5 mile away. Great food, bars, and shopping. Lots of cross country skiing and snowshoeing around. You will have a blast!

east tx skier
01-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Quick update. Tom, we're going to Deer Valley for 4 days in early February. I'll be able to give you a hands on report.

T Scott
01-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Quick update. Tom, we're going to Deer Valley for 4 days in early February. I'll be able to give you a hands on report.

Thanks Doug !!!

tex
03-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Headed to Park City on Friday. Everybody is skiing but me. Any ideas on bars, spas, bars, snowmobles, bars, food, bars, bars, bars?

SkySkiSpokane
03-05-2007, 02:21 AM
Hey Tex,
How long are you going to be there? I will be there on the 15th.

Leroy
03-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Tom;

There is a big difference between a 3 yr old and a 5 year old in ski school. We started our 3 between those ages. For us we wanted our kids to be able to ski down any green slope and keep up with us. So it took pretty much one trip for them to make it to that point. Once we did it we liked putting them in ski school. THey seemed happier in ski school than skiing with us in the end for several years.

tex
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey Tex,
How long are you going to be there? I will be there on the 15th.
Friday-Tuesday

SkySkiSpokane
03-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Have fun!!!
I am lookin forward to it. Sounds like the snow is great!

east tx skier
03-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Headed to Park City on Friday. Everybody is skiing but me. Any ideas on bars, spas, bars, snowmobles, bars, food, bars, bars, bars?

"TripleStorm" (Thomas) is up there. Drop him a line.