PDA

View Full Version : Texas Wildfires

quincyfirefighter
12-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I hope all of our mastercraft familys in these areas are safe. My prayers go out to all of them.

jraben8
12-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks. And from what the weather people are saying, we stuck in this same weather pattern for another 10 days... I know that I haven't had any measurable rain at my home since August. Others around the area have had some but not really enough to mention.

quincyfirefighter
12-29-2005, 02:01 AM
Thanks. And from what the weather people are saying, we stuck in this same weather pattern for another 10 days... I know that I haven't had any measurable rain at my home since August. Others around the area have had some but not really enough to mention.
Do what you can around your house like a defensible area of at least 50 feet or more if you can. Put all outdoor furniture away. Just look around your yard for anythink that can burn and if you have to leave because of evaluation move all your furniture to the center of the rooms. And good luck. Worked the Cedar Fire in Southern CA. Man what a fire storm :eek:

dallasboats
12-31-2005, 10:44 AM
They are banning all fire pits, fireworks, anything with fire, in our area. It's been a dry year and everything is like dried straw. The news said people littering cigarettes were being taken to jail for the offense. It's about time, that's another pet peeve, sorry smokers!