PDA

View Full Version : Adapting HO Bindings

OhioX14
12-28-2005, 12:05 AM
I'm hoping someone else has dealt with this one before and can offer a solution.

My wife skis an HO Venture which I'm guessing is around 4 - 5 years old which is just before they introduced pivot style bindings. She purchased this ski with an adjustable front boot and a rear toe plate but has been wanting to upgrade to double boots for some time now.

Recently I purchased a new pair of '05 HO Venoms for her ski (I like mine) for her birthday in February and discovered just the other day that they mount completely different now than they did back when she got the ski. Back then they were attached with screws down the sides and now they're front and back. I called Wiley's and they say an adapter plate for this situation doesn't exist and they don't have a binding to offer. It looks like my best solution may be to buy a new blank and sell the old one on eBay.

Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!! :cool:

MarkP
12-28-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm hoping someone else has dealt with this one before and can offer a solution.

My wife skis an HO Venture which I'm guessing is around 4 - 5 years old which is just before they introduced pivot style bindings. She purchased this ski with an adjustable front boot and a rear toe plate but has been wanting to upgrade to double boots for some time now.

Recently I purchased a new pair of '05 HO Venoms for her ski (I like mine) for her birthday in February and discovered just the other day that they mount completely different now than they did back when she got the ski. Back then they were attached with screws down the sides and now they're front and back. I called Wiley's and they say an adapter plate for this situation doesn't exist and they don't have a binding to offer. It looks like my best solution may be to buy a new blank and sell the old one on eBay.

Have you given any thought to drilling new holes?? I am sure HO sports Co could tell you if the ski would support holes in the new location. They, (HO) are easy to talk to, (800-938-4040).

That said, lets get her a new ski,:headbang: !!!

COSkier
12-29-2005, 06:39 PM

OhioX9,
I mounted HO animals on my wife's CR7. Just use threaded inserts and a stop on the drill bit so you don't accidentally drill through. Google threaded inserts. Find the type for wood and plastic. They have large coarse threads on the outside and you pick the inside thread to match your hardware.
COSkier

OhioX14
12-31-2005, 01:48 AM
Thanks to both of you. I thought of inserts but the back top surface of her ski is wavy so I don't think the plate would mount flat. I think I'm going to try to find a good deal on a blank and eBay her old ski.

Thanks again! :)

MarkP
12-31-2005, 01:54 AM
Sweet!! We are gettin a new ski!! :headbang: !!

jkski
12-31-2005, 08:11 AM
Not that we all don't want to see you get a new ski, but you might call Darren Wiley, if you haven't already, and they may be able to put inserts in for you. The cost of shipping has got to be cheaper than a new ski.
Just a thought. If you are interested, you can reach him at:
(206) 762-1300

Thanks to both of you. I thought of inserts but the back top surface of her ski is wavy so I don't think the plate would mount flat. I think I'm going to try to find a good deal on a blank and eBay her old ski.

Thanks again! :)

MarkP
12-31-2005, 11:35 AM
Not that we all don't want to see you get a new ski, but you might call Darren Wiley, if you haven't already, and they may be able to put inserts in for you. The cost of shipping has got to be cheaper than a new ski.
Just a thought. If you are interested, you can reach him at:
(206) 762-1300
Come on jkski, Lets get a new ski.:wavey: .