PDA

View Full Version : Looking For New SUV For The Wife

Datdude
12-27-2005, 06:58 PM
We are in the market for a new small or midsize SUV for my wife. We live in Northern Wisconsin and she really wants AWD or 4 wheel drive. The other issue is that I am 6'4" and do not fit in her Oldsmobile Alero so I drive everywhere. We are considering the Chevy Trailblazer, Equinox, Jeep Liberty, etc. If anyone has any suggestions or input it would be appreciated. Thanks

Ryan
12-27-2005, 07:07 PM
I love my '05 V8 4Runner, but it's not for everyone. If it's just for your wife you should take a good hard look at the new RAV4 (http://www.toyota.com/rav4/index.html?s_van=GM_TN_RAV4_INDEX) with the 4Runner's 3.5 V6. I haven't sat in or driven one, it's coming out I think this month. I'm 6'4" too and know not all cars are made for tall guys. I'd skip the Liberty, I found the seats to be really uncomfortable especially because the seat base felt really short, like I was sitting on a bar stool - good torque though.

atlfootr
12-27-2005, 07:22 PM
just a suggestion .. get a Yota 4Runner :friday:
http://www.wreg.com/global/story.asp?s=2591221&ClientType=Printable

2001 Toyota 4Runner
Overall rating: Product Rating: 4.0
Reliability: Xcellent
Seat Comfort: Xcellent
Quality and Craftsmanship: Xcellent
Handling And Control: Xcellent

PULLING A '93 MC BF200 @ 70MPH: XCELLENT!

We did and she :love: it.

BrianM
12-27-2005, 07:32 PM
If it's just for your wife you should take a good hard look at the new RAV4 (http://www.toyota.com/rav4/index.html?s_van=GM_TN_RAV4_INDEX) with the 4Runner's 3.5 V6. I haven't sat in or driven one, it's coming out I think this month. .

Wow! They really stepped it up on the RAV4. Wasn't a fan of the previous version but the '06 looks nice.

Oh, and I'll give my plug to the Subaru Outback (I'm determined to talk someone on this board into buying one ;) ). More of an SUV alternative but good mileage, AWD, great Utility, and nice room even for taller people.

Footin
12-27-2005, 07:57 PM
I can a little insight: we have an 03 Trailblazer LT and love it, it pulls the boat well, rides great, has alot of torque and horsepower.
If you are looking for a slightly used one, they are everywhere and seem very affordable.

My buddy traded in his Trialblazer on an Equinox 18 months ago and he says it was a mistake, he think the equinox is too small and is now Trailblazer shoppin agian.

Last year while traveling I had a Jeep Liberty for a rental car and I was was impressed with the power and ride.

jimmer2880
12-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Anyone else on here have a diesel in a Liberty? I have to say that if I were looking today - I'd have to at least look at that.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-27-2005, 08:02 PM
We are in the market for a new small or midsize SUV for my wife. We live in Northern Wisconsin and she really wants AWD or 4 wheel drive. The other issue is that I am 6'4" and do not fit in her Oldsmobile Alero so I drive everywhere. We are considering the Chevy Trailblazer, Equinox, Jeep Liberty, etc. If anyone has any suggestions or input it would be appreciated. Thanks
I'm not going to talk you into anything;) , but if you even consider the JL, you had better look at the JGC. Price difference is so much worth it. And if you have not seen the '06s or driven one in the snow, you won't believe it. And the 6 isn't too bad considering you have the tow rig you probably won't even consider towing with it anyway. I've got an inlaw that was convinced the JL was it, until they saw and drove the JGC.

baedriver
12-27-2005, 08:31 PM
I would go with a 4runner I have seen those things go 300,000+ but I have a friend with a trailblazer and he really likes it.

Leroy
12-27-2005, 08:45 PM
You must listen to Car Talk!

Wow! They really stepped it up on the RAV4. Wasn't a fan of the previous version but the '06 looks nice.

Oh, and I'll give my plug to the Subaru Outback (I'm determined to talk someone on this board into buying one ;) ). More of an SUV alternative but good mileage, AWD, great Utility, and nice room even for taller people.

BrianM
12-27-2005, 09:30 PM
You must listen to Car Talk!

No. Why?

I have heard the show a few times we just don't get it down here.

JDK
12-27-2005, 11:54 PM
I am 6'4"

We are considering the Chevy Trailblazer,

I put 800 miles on brand new Envoy XL (rental) two weeks ago. I was pretty impressed with it EXCEPT for the mileage (averaged 17.5 mpg). I was in some really crappy weather and it handled snow and ice VERY well.
BUT, I own a new Honda Pilot, and it has a lot more interior room (I'm ~2" taller than you). It has more power and gets better mileage.
For the money, I think the Pilot is a better vehicle, but I wish the wheelbase was a little longer.
I think you and I would have the same problem with a Jeep (insert short person joke here :D )

Leroy
12-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Public Radio funny show (well at least I think so) and they always steer people to Subaru's.

No. Why?

I have heard the show a few times we just don't get it down here.

Leroy
12-28-2005, 12:09 AM
Please, no. I skied ~40 nights at Tahoe last year, commuting from my office with many different rental cars through out the winter and the Trailblazers and derivative were so unstable on the snow I thought something was wrong with each until I noticed everyone was horrible on the snow. I liked the vehicle until I got on snow.

We are in the market for a new small or midsize SUV for my wife. We are considering the Chevy Trailblazer

fskof
12-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Test Drive the VW Touareg. I have the V8 and love it.

gosioux
12-28-2005, 01:42 AM
I am 6'3'' and we have a Cadillac Escalade ESV. Awesome vehicle both in comfort and driving. The AWD and Stabilitrac are great. More power than we need. Rarely does it slip. Transfers power to the tires with the best traction. The only thing that keeps us home is visibility. The used ones are really taking a hit in depreciation and are reasonably priced.

SteveO
12-28-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm with Ryan. I love my V8 4 Runner, but saw the RAV when I was in for an oil change and it really caught my attention. My wife has an MDX which is not bad either, just a little underpowered.

ttu
12-28-2005, 10:18 AM
First of all what will you be using the suv for. Any boat towing?
Girlfrind owned a 03 Highlander AWD and it was very nice but I would not dare pull the boat with it. She went to a 05 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD and it pulls the boat very well. Just got back from a trip to Colorado and avg. about 20 mpg.

I have owned 3 Toyota Sequoia's and they have all been very good SUV's along with avg about 20mpg on the highway without the boat and pull the boat very nicely. Also they hold there value better than any SUV on the market.

The 4 runner is a very nice vehicle also.

stumbledog
12-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Lots of input here on vehicles, with a wide range of prices. I am sure you have a budget??? Just curious. But I love my Chevy Suburban.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-28-2005, 11:17 AM
with a wide range of prices. I am sure you have a budget???
He's loaded..... No price limit.....DD;)

Kevin 89MC
12-28-2005, 11:22 AM
I currently have a TrailBlazer, company truck. We have 3 of them, and we've had a bit of trouble with them. Mine's been in the shop once with only 40,000 miles on it, and another one with about 60,000 has been in 3 times. They do drive rather nice, though. My mileage is 15-16 mpg, but I'm a bit of a lead foot. It does tow my boat well.
I have owned a bunch of Toyotas, and currently the wife drives a '96 Cruiser. Great in all respects except the mileage - 12-13 mpg. I know of 5 people that have Highlanders, and all love them. If we didn't like the Cruiser so much, we'd probably get one. I also know 2 with 4Runners and 2 with Sequoias, and all love those as well. As size goes up, mileage does go down. Maybe we're just lucky, but the 9 folks mentioned above (friends & family) have never had their Toyotas in the shop for anything other than routine maintenance. That says a lot in my book.
Good luck,
Kevin

east tx skier
12-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Take a spin in the Honda Pilot. Lots of seating and handles like an accord. AWD up to 18 mph.

Datdude
12-28-2005, 12:09 PM
My buddy traded in his Trialblazer on an Equinox 18 months ago and he says it was a mistake he think the equinox is too small and is now Trailblazer shoppin agian.

We went to the local Chevy dealer last night and started out in a 2005 trailblazer with 12,000 miles. It was a very nice vehicle with a good ride. It felt bigger inside than I would have expected. The next vehicle we drove was a 2006 Equinox LT AWD. I was amazed at the room in that thing!!! I was totally comfortable driving or riding. The bench seat in the back slides forward and backwards to give you either more cargo room or passenger room. When I drove it, I had the drivers seat all the way back, then got in the back seat and my legs did not touch the front seat! I have 2005 Ram 3500 quad cab 4x4 diesel so whatever she ends up with will not pull a trailer. I thought the 6cyl power was acceptable in the Equinox and she really likes the looks over the Trailblazer(seems like it was designed for a younger crowd). The dealer put the squeeze on us with 3 different salespeople and told us to take it home overnight to think about it! The one vehicle I forgot about is the Nissan Xterra. I never gave the 4 Runner much thought either. The possibilities are endless I guess. Thanks for the input guys-keep it coming!

Workin' 4 Toys
12-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Envoy, the roof opens!!!!

chico
12-28-2005, 12:27 PM
We bought the envoy VL.pulls the boat good,handles well and has traction control.27,000cdn.

JDK
12-28-2005, 01:08 PM
The one vehicle I forgot about is the Nissan Xterra.

Another nice truck, but a Pathfinder doesn't cost too much more.

jimmer2880
12-28-2005, 01:43 PM
My wife had an X-terra for a while. We only got rid of it because it didn't fit in the "big picture" budget wise. Excellent choice & not a single problem with it. Her's was ordered with a 5-spd which made it extremely hard to sell privately. It took us over a year. Nice power (never towed with it though), good firm ride (for us, that's a plus) and decent mileage out of the v-6.

Datdude
12-28-2005, 02:00 PM
I just got off the phone with the Nissan dealer which is 75 miles away. I wanted to get an idea on leasing an X-Terra and was told that they do not lease well because of lower residual values. He informed me that we could lease a Murano for about $360 per month with 36 or 39 month term at 15K per year with $1000 down which is about $30 per month less than the Chevy Equinox we drove last night. I was surprised that a $30,000 vehicle(Murano) would be cheaper to lease than the $24,500 Equinox, but I guess it makes sense with the higher residual value of an import. Does anyone have any experiences with the Murano? The Pathfinder may be another option too I guess. We are going to take a trip to the dealer tonight to take a look and test drive a few vehicles. Thanks for the input guys! This board rules!!!

Dan K
12-28-2005, 02:11 PM
I am currently driving an Hummer H3 and love it ! Datdude if your 6'4" you'll do yourself a favor to check out the headroom on one of these. The inline 5 cyl has plenty of torque so it should pull well and still yield decent mileage. I was also pleased with the sticker on mine, 28K nicely equipped but not loaded.
Didn't check on the leases but I would imagine the residuals to be fairly good on a Hummer.

tex
12-28-2005, 02:16 PM
My wife wants the Volvo SUV sooo bad!!!

Kevin 89MC
12-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Take a spin in the Honda Pilot. Lots of seating and handles like an accord. AWD up to 18 mph.

Whoa, slow down there Eastie! 18 mph is pretty fast for those Pilots! :uglyhamme :purplaugh

east tx skier
12-28-2005, 04:21 PM
... at which point it changes over to 2WD.

Datdude
12-28-2005, 06:17 PM
I am currently driving an Hummer H3 and love it ! Datdude if your 6'4" you'll do yourself a favor to check out the headroom on one of these. The inline 5 cyl has plenty of torque so it should pull well and still yield decent mileage. I was also pleased with the sticker on mine, 28K nicely equipped but not loaded.
Didn't check on the leases but I would imagine the residuals to be fairly good on a Hummer.

My wife is not a fan of the Hummer(LOL). I suggested it because they are priced right but she said no. The deal on the Murano seems to be the best right now. If the test drive goes well tonight she will probably have a new car soon. Thanks guys

Ryan
12-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Muranos are great, and up a nice step from the Equinox. Good luck!

School Skier
12-28-2005, 07:57 PM
We love our 03 Toyota Highlander! I'm 6'4 too and it fits me just fine it's a mid size SUV.
It's made to be driven!

rodltg2
12-28-2005, 08:22 PM
i would get a denali

Workin' 4 Toys
12-28-2005, 08:51 PM
My wife wants the Volvo SUV sooo bad!!!
Stiff ride.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-28-2005, 08:52 PM
I assume this make for good mpg's. When does it switch back? Does it go back and forth from 17 to 19?

JDK
12-29-2005, 01:50 AM

Close, but not quite. It's always an AWD.....the driveshaft to the rear axle is always powered by the transaxle, and over 1/2 of the engine torque can be sent to either rear wheel at anytime.
The VTM 4 button engages an electo-hydraulic differential lock in the rear end to lock both wheels together. It which only works in 1st and 2nd gear and it cuts out @18mph.
The reason it cuts out at 18mph is safety. On ice, the rear bumper can pass the front bumper VERY quick when you step on it (if you've ever driven a truck with a Detroit locker in the winter, you'll know what I mean).
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/engineering_overview.asp?ModelName=Pilot

mitch
12-29-2005, 07:51 AM
Close, but not quite. It's always an AWD.....the driveshaft to the rear axle is always powered by the transaxle, and over 1/2 of the engine torque can be sent to either rear wheel at anytime.
The VTM 4 button engages an electo-hydraulic differential lock in the rear end to lock both wheels together. It which only works in 1st and 2nd gear and it cuts out @18mph.
The reason it cuts out at 18mph is safety. On ice, the rear bumper can pass the front bumper VERY quick when you step on it (if you've ever driven a truck with a Detroit locker in the winter, you'll know what I mean).

Interesting! Would this be the same on my AWD V8 Mountaineer?

tommcat
12-29-2005, 08:19 AM
Interesting! Would this be the same on my AWD V8 Mountaineer?
what year mountaineer? the newest ones are different but most AWD fords are just straight AWD all the time. and the transfer cases in them are a big POS

Workin' 4 Toys
12-29-2005, 10:54 AM
(if you've ever driven a truck with a Detroit locker in the winter, you'll know what I mean).

Yes, the Jeep I built had a Detroits front and rear. Made for poor turning too!;) Except for when you have your foot planted in it. Spun around nicely. Wouldn't suggest it on the roads without snow or mud though.:D

Workin' 4 Toys
12-29-2005, 10:55 AM
what year mountaineer? the newest ones are different but most AWD fords are just straight AWD all the time. and the transfer cases in them are a big POS
They aren't using NP?

Datdude
12-29-2005, 10:59 AM
i would get a denali

Can I borrow some money? :uglyhamme

My dad has a 2003-04? Chevy Z-71 Tahoe he was wanting us to buy from him, but she thinks it is too big :mad: . We drove the Murano last night and it is a really nice vehicle. It is pretty peppy, and I had more than enought room in the front and back seat. The weird thing(good thing I guess) is that you can not even feel the car shifting gears. I think we have a winner, now it will be interesting to see what they give us for the Alero?

Workin' 4 Toys
12-29-2005, 11:07 AM

My dad has a 2003-04? Chevy Z-71 Tahoe he was wanting us to buy from him, but she thinks it is too big :mad: . We drove the Murano last night and it is a really nice vehicle. It is pretty peppy, and I had more than enought room in the front and back seat. The weird thing(good thing I guess) is that you can not even feel the car shifting gears. I think we have a winner, now it will be interesting to see what they give us for the Alero?
You obviously haven't driven the JGC...

ttu
12-29-2005, 11:19 AM
Datdude,

The Murano has a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and is a 1 speed transmission, that is why you never felt it change gears.

baedriver
12-29-2005, 11:31 AM
What is the towing capacity for the murano my wife really likes it. can it tow a 197???

ttu
12-29-2005, 11:49 AM
baedriver,

Standard and Max towing is 3500 lbs on the Murano, 6000 lbs on the 05/06 Pathfinder

east tx skier
12-29-2005, 11:53 AM

Ah, I see. I'm told they'll be coming out with a 2WD Pilot either in 06 or 07.

Footin
12-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Ah, I see. I'm told they'll be coming out with a 2WD Pilot either in 06 or 07.

Its out now.

east tx skier
12-29-2005, 12:18 PM
I might have considered one if they'd had a 2WD model out. After the brake job on my jeep, I've decided I have absolutely no desire for 4WD. I hardly ever employed it. Just an added expense/maintenance I'll not indulge in any more.

Footin
12-29-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm with ya Doug, I have been looking at used Suburbans and I DO NOT want 4 wheel drive. We rarely need it around here and it is one more thing to break.

east tx skier
12-29-2005, 12:44 PM
I always felt my jeep towed better in 2WD. Well, let me qualify that as 4WD-High. 4WDL on that thing was like a tractor. But that only got you to about 8 mph (a scary 8 mph).

Workin' 4 Toys
12-29-2005, 01:01 PM
One, JUST one slippery boat ramp, and that 4WD will pay for itself in headaches many times over.......
Next season, Ill bring the camera to ours, and show just what I mean. its a very gradual incline, NOONE expects to need 4wd. I swear the thing looks like a 1/4 mile dragstrip with all the rubber layed down and the tire smoke. Good times. I could charge a towing fee, (if I were like that)

east tx skier
12-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Good thing I don't use slippery boat ramps. ;) Honestly, I think my wheels only lost traction once in the past two seasons. Just took my foot off the gas and took it easy, and away we went up the ramp.

It's not that I haven't seen someone slide backwards spinning their tires though. I'm just not planning on it being me. :D

Workin' 4 Toys
12-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Good thing I don't use slippery boat ramps. ;)
But if you EVER decide to go somewhere with it, you'll be thinking about it. We often travel with ours. I think my MC this past season went up and/or down 20 different launches. Some (especially at the Ozarks) were unbelievable. Your worst nightmare without 4WD.

east tx skier
12-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Before we had the expedition, we hauled the boat to Lake LBJ (Marble Falls) with my wife's 6 cyl. exploder. Had some spinning tires on the ramp. Put two people in the bow of the boat and got out. Certainly not something I want to repeat.

Again, not denying it's a potential problem. Just denying the dealer and mechanics the extra dough at this point. I have a tow rig. It is 2WD. I'm not buying another one any time soon.

Side question, wouldn't a limited slip rear differential alleviate this problem in a 2WD like a chevy or a jeep?

rodltg2
12-29-2005, 01:29 PM
i agree with wft, i will never not own a 4wheel drive tow vehicle. slippery ramps a very common at the delta. i once just started backing down the ramp and slid all he way down to the end. very scary. plus one time having to put chains on during a storm will make the expense worth it. obviously everone has different needs.

east tx skier
12-29-2005, 01:35 PM
What about my side question re: Ltd slip diff?

Realistically, we're not going to be traveling with the boat much, even to Austin. We've got boats strategically located throughout Texas. Our ramps have not presented a problem yet, and if they do, I suppose I'll depend on the kindness of strangers and post on here that I should've listened to you guys. But as it stands, I've got 2WD, and I'm keeping it. Hopefully, it will never let me down. I can still remember that $800 brake job though.

6ballsisall
12-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Footin, you remember the ramp at Cumberland by Mag's boat don't you? I think the pucker factor would be rather large on a rainy day on that ramp!

Has anyone seen the new Saab SUV in person? I think they are kinda cool from the photos. The V8 version looks like its in the low 40's, kinda steep but they are cool.

I am thinking more and more about buying a Certified preowned BMW X5 or MB ML500. the certified warranty is better than the new warranty and someone else takes the depreciation hit. Course this is all hinging on when the heck I can get out of my Durango fiasco :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
12-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Before we had the expedition, we hauled the boat to Lake LBJ (Marble Falls) with my wife's 6 cyl. exploder. Had some spinning tires on the ramp. Put two people in the bow of the boat and got out. Certainly not something I want to repeat.

Again, not denying it's a potential problem. Just denying the dealer and mechanics the extra dough at this point. I have a tow rig. It is 2WD. I'm not buying another one any time soon.

Side question, wouldn't a limited slip rear differential alleviate this problem in a 2WD like a chevy or a jeep?
Sometimes it may help, unless it too has issues. Limited slip sometimes means there are clutch "like" plates, some give, and some don't. But if the ramp is slippery, chances are slim to none the diff will help, meaning one may grip to compensate for the other. Now, you want to talk about an expensive fix if you blow one of those up. The brake job you mentioned would be cheap. Now, on the other hand, you want a true "TWO WHEEL LOCK UP, you go to a "detroit", selectable (meaning on when you want, off when you don't) but then you go back to is the ramp is slick, it going to be slick at both rear tires, and you want the front to pull you out. I do believe many manu. are going to this type now a days too being you want it when you need it, but the cost benefits the mpgs and turing capabilities.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-29-2005, 01:53 PM
A perfect example of this type of system is in the Jeep wrangler unlimited RUBICON edition.

Keep an eye out very soon for the 4 door wrangler. I wish it was out a month ago.....

Workin' 4 Toys
12-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Has anyone seen the new Saab SUV in person? I think they are kinda cool from the photos. The V8 version looks like its in the low 40's, kinda steep but they are cool.
I have not, but I will give it a once over on my way home. The dealer is a few blocks from me.
The fugliest vehicle next to the Aztec has got to be the new subi suv. IMO.

tommcat
12-29-2005, 01:58 PM
They aren't using NP?not sure of the manufacturer, i just know they explode all the time

Workin' 4 Toys
12-29-2005, 02:02 PM
not sure of the manufacturer, i just know they explode all the time
My Ford has a NP 271 I believe is the version. I wonder if they got out of NV/NP and tried to build there own, or at least for the midsize'd. I never had any trouble with any of my NV/NP in GM's world. It would be REAL nice to see Jeep jump on the Atlas t-case in the future.(Just a wish, I know the reality I will always have to change to them myself..;) )

Workin' 4 Toys
12-29-2005, 02:07 PM

Check your PMs.....

AirJunky
12-29-2005, 02:22 PM
I see the JGC won ugliest rig of the year in some magazine I picked up at the dentist the other day. Sure is boxy as he11.

My neighbor has had a Trailblazer for sale for long time. What a rattle trap. The thing has more squeaks & rattles than any car I've driven.

I'm not sure how you tall guys can do it. At 6'1", I have a hard time getting in & out of my wife's '98 Outback without knockin my head on the a-pillar. We drove an '06 Outback the other day........ way more room in it.

Datdude
12-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Datdude,

The Murano has a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and is a 1 speed transmission, that is why you never felt it change gears.

Interesting! Now it all makes sense-LOL

Thanks for the heads up W4Ts!!

ttu
12-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Datdude,

I have about 6 clients who won them and love the Murano...They even hold up well in a accident from what I have seen.

BrianM
12-29-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm not going to talk you into anything;) , but if you even consider the JL, you had better look at the JGC. Price difference is so much worth it. And if you have not seen the '06s or driven one in the snow, you won't believe it. And the 6 isn't too bad considering you have the tow rig you probably won't even consider towing with it anyway. I've got an inlaw that was convinced the JL was it, until they saw and drove the JGC.

The one think that I find very dissapointing about the new Grand Cherokee is the size. Although it is quite a bit larger than the Liberty on the outside the interior space is almost exactly the same and in some dimensions the Liberty is actually bigger.

HandlingLibertyGrand CherokeeTurning Circle35.9 ft.36.7 ft.HaulingLibertyGrand CherokeeMax. Cargo Capacity69 cu. ft.71 cu. ft.Max. Payload Capacity1150 lbs.1574 lbs.Max. Towing Capacity5000 lbs.7200 lbs.EPA Mileage EstimatesLibertyGrand CherokeeCity17 mpg.15 mpg.Highway22 mpg.20 mpg.Range in MilesLibertyGrand CherokeeCity349 mi.312 mi.Highway451 mi.416 mi.Fuel DataLibertyGrand CherokeeFuel Tank Capacity20.5 gal.20.8 gal.Fuel Typeregular unleadedregular unleadedExteriorLibertyGrand CherokeeLength174.7 in.186.7 in.Width71.8 in.84.2 in.Height71.8 in.70.3 in.Weight4033 lbs.4094 lbs.Wheel Base104.2 in.109.5 in.Ground Clearance9.4 in.8.5 in.InteriorLibertyGrand CherokeeFront Headroom40.7 in.39.7 in.Rear Headroom42.2 in.39.3 in.Front Shoulder Room56.5 in.59.1 in.Rear Shoulder Room56.5 in.58.5 in.Front Hip Room57 in.57.6 in.Rear Hip Room47.4 in.60.6 in.Front Leg Room40.8 in.41.7 in.Rear Leg Room37.2 in.35.5 in.Maximum Luggage Capacity31 cu.ft.35 cu.ft.Maximum Seating55

Datdude
12-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Datdude,

I have about 6 clients who won them and love the Murano...They even hold up well in a accident from what I have seen.

It seems like it(Murano) has a lot better quality when compared to the Equinox and the Trailblazer(both nice vehicles). The determining factor is what the dealership is willing to give us for her car. The Chevy dealer was willing to pay it off, but I am thinking that the Nissan, Audi, VW dealer might not really want a 2002 Olds Alero on their lot like the Chevy dealer does. Hopefully it all works out well on Saturday. There are so many SUV options out there that I think it might be better to find something you like and stop looking for fear of confusing yourself even more. W4Ts suggested the Grand Cherokee and I will probably look at them tonight but I think my wife is really sold on the Murano now.

east tx skier
12-29-2005, 04:59 PM
A friend of mine had a Murano and rolled it at high speed (long story short, pavement dropped off in a construction zone and she got a tire hung off the road with 3 on). She walked away. Says something for the safety aspect of it I suppose.

Datdude
12-30-2005, 01:25 PM
A friend of mine had a Murano and rolled it at high speed (long story short, pavement dropped off in a construction zone and she got a tire hung off the road with 3 on). She walked away. Says something for the safety aspect of it I suppose.

That is good to know!

Workin' 4 Toys
12-30-2005, 04:22 PM
The one think that I find very dissapointing about the new Grand Cherokee is the size. Although it is quite a bit larger than the Liberty on the outside the interior space is almost exactly the same and in some dimensions the Liberty is actually bigger.

Maybe I should fill it with water and measure how much comes out.....:friday: Isn't this the best way to measure Cu/ft.

SOMEDAY SOON
12-30-2005, 05:51 PM
If you need numbers on a new Murano call Nate B at Janesville Nissan he is the GM at the store and they also own Bud Weiser Chevy in Beloit wi. That could work in your favor with the trade in.......608-305-6340 ............

Datdude
01-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Well.....the search is over. We ended up with the Nissan Murano. Wausau Imports was awesome to deal with and they gave us an excellent price on the Alero. Thanks for all of the input guys

André
01-01-2006, 09:35 PM
The front body work on the Murano is very nice!
Very easy to spot one in your rearview mirror!
Great choice,Congrats!

oldschool84
01-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Pretty small on the inside and a little underpowered if you ask me, but still have that tuff truck look. Sorry i see you already bought a new suv my bad :D

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Pretty small on the inside and a little underpowered if you ask me, but still have that tuff truck look. Sorry i see you already bought a new suv my bad :D
Underpowered...... Somewhat of an understatement. Couldn't fit a 6.0 in it I guess......

milkmania
01-09-2006, 01:07 AM
if anyone needs a BarbieŽ pink H3, let me know.....

I can hook you up:rolleyes:

nooooooo........................
it's not mine, but a local dealer has one

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2006, 01:10 AM
if anyone needs a BarbieŽ pink H3, let me know.....

I can hook you up:rolleyes:

nooooooo........................
it's not mine, but a local dealer has one
Milk, since when you did start caring about the trademark? Have you been hassled????;)

firstmc
01-09-2006, 02:32 AM
I am 6'5 myself and am buying the Hummer H3. It is very stylish and comfortable for someone of my size. Gas mileage is 16 city/ 20 highway. Well built truck w/ 4 yr/ 50000 mile warranty. Just my 2 cents!! Take one for a test drive... I bet you'll like it... and let us know!! -ryan

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2006, 10:13 AM
DD already bought.

But I am certainly thinking the H1, H2, & H3 will be in the test drive line up for us next time around. Along with the Infinity's and Cadillacs. And of course Chevy & GMC....but thats a given.;)