PDA

View Full Version : New website

TMC
12-24-2005, 12:53 AM
Hey guys be sure to check out our new website at www.mastercraft.com - click around and let us know what you think. There are still some tweaks that need to be made and some tools added but we wanted to go ahead and get it out there for you!

-J

PendO
12-24-2005, 01:04 AM
Great site ... looking forward to ordering some gear.

dead link on the "owners manual" for the 197

http://www.mastercraft.com/docs/2005_MasterCraft_Owners_Manual.pdf

edit ... looks like the owners manual link is dead on the rest too.

PendO
12-24-2005, 01:14 AM
Really like the new build a boat ... WAY better than it was for the 05's !!! Nice!

TMC
12-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Great site ... looking forward to ordering some gear.

dead link on the "owners manual" for the 197

http://www.mastercraft.com/docs/2005_MasterCraft_Owners_Manual.pdf

edit ... looks like the owners manual link is dead on the rest too.

Thanks! We will check into it - keep checking it out and let us know anything else you find. And since Phil (TTAdmin) has put A LOOOOOTTTT of work into this new site, please let him know what you dig as well!

-J

bigmac
12-24-2005, 01:35 AM
Very nice website - attractively designed.

I do note that on both the X-30 and the 230VRS spec pages, the specs state that the width of the boat is 102 inches. On the same page, it specifies that the "overall width with trailer" is 100 inches. I find that confusing...

I also note that on the "Specs" pages, it mentions "Midth Amidships". I'm no expert on nautical jargon, but I was thinking it maybe should be "Width Amidships"?

Additionally, on the "Engines" mouseover, the inset graphic show the side view of the big boats with the old geometry rudder, as do all of the side views on the "Design-a-boat" section. Likewise, that mouseover graphic on "Engines" for the DD boats shows a V-drive configuration. Same graphic for all of the boats DD or V-drive. Maybe that's too nitpicky. I think it does create some confusion for someone looking at a Prostar, looking at engine options and it shows a V-drive when you mouseover the menu choice for engine options. There is really no mention on any of the boats as to what kind of basic transmission they use V-drive vs Direct Drive. That's not a big deal, maybe, but I think it could be confusing to someone new to MasterCraft.

Farmer Ted
12-24-2005, 02:08 AM
Website looks awesome, could use some orange boats though.

erkoehler
12-24-2005, 03:01 AM
Looks grat :headbang:

Ryan
12-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Merry Christmas to you guys working on this project. It's got to feel good to get such a good site up and running, right before a holiday break - assuming MC give you one. I love the contrasting greys and colors from the image mix over that white wash from before - especially the ever important home page. It looks great to me.

I found no sound on the videos on the Our Company (http://www.mastercraft.com/index.php?znfAction=CompanyProfile) page.

ski_king
12-24-2005, 05:00 AM
Nice site!

I did notice under Standards and Options some of the captions don't matchup with the photos.

jayderwin1
12-24-2005, 09:50 AM
looks alot better than the last one you guys had. the last one was way to plain.

SteveO
12-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Nice upgrade. The website finally matches the world class boats.

mbeach
12-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey guys be sure to check out our new website at www.mastercraft.com - click around and let us know what you think. There are still some tweaks that need to be made and some tools added but we wanted to go ahead and get it out there for you!

-J
one thing i would like to see brought back is the link to previous mc models for prior years. this was a website feature several years ago, say 2001. i found the specs for my particular model to be very helpful.

pdoppenheim
12-24-2005, 12:16 PM
I tried to log into the Team part of the Proshop and kept getting error messages. I tried with both my old and new Team number and with 5 digit and 9 digit zip codes.

vegashomeexpert
12-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Sweet! Some audio (commentary or music) with the videos would be nice.

Leroy
12-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Lot of great stuff! The tour, TT, easy to use!

The one request I have is add some video footage from your sponsored skiers and wakeboarders! That is also a great pull to the website and adds value to the brand and gets the sponsored skiers know.

Holtrodj
12-24-2005, 01:00 PM
one thing i would like to see brought back is the link to previous mc models for prior years. this was a website feature several years ago, say 2001. i found the specs for my particular model to be very helpful.

I'll second that. This info is very helpful.

Ryan
12-24-2005, 01:40 PM
The Picture Series in the Standards (http://www.mastercraft.com/index.php?znfAction=WorldApart&sub=standard) become out of sink at the LCD section, pictured there is a Crusaider engine, the remaining selectables are one off with picture and content.

slalomskifreak
12-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Nice site. While looking at the gear in the Pro Shop I was unable to select an item and enlarge it. I would like to be able to see a closer look at the gear.

Regards, Curt

Workin' 4 Toys
12-26-2005, 12:18 PM
In reference to the proshop. NO TOWELS..... but we get this............

Byrdman
12-26-2005, 12:36 PM
The new site is much more user friendly than the last one. Good Job....

Leroy
12-26-2005, 12:36 PM
I think we may just have to have a group buy in the spring! :uglyhamme

$14 for custom embroidered nice towel on ebay!

quincyfirefighter
12-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Like the new site, but got to agree with Workin.(Towels) but the wife likes all the new stuff that you have in the pro shop thought :D

quincyfirefighter
12-26-2005, 12:57 PM
I like how when you click on knowledge Center it brings you to team talk. Guess we really know what we are talking about :cool:

MarkP
12-26-2005, 01:43 PM
I think we may just have to have a group buy in the spring! :uglyhamme

$14 for custom embroidered nice towel on ebay!__What???__

Leroy
12-26-2005, 02:02 PM
From the Pro Shop MarkP!

MarkP
12-26-2005, 03:13 PM
I see.. Thatís what I was thinking too..
But you said it so

Quietly..

Workin' 4 Toys
12-26-2005, 03:40 PM
Another thing I like about the new site. I was able to build myself a X-star with all the accesories. Even a TOWER COVER:eek: (WHAT?!?!) , and I was able to select Hull 1 and Hull 2 colors as the same color, and "THOSE" graphics disappeared. Kind of nice to know it is an option....;)

TTAdmin
01-04-2006, 11:42 AM
TT Members-
I want to thank all of you for the kind words and great feedback on our new website. Most of your suggestions have already been fixed. In the coming weeks we will be launching another release that includes a robust "Athletes", "Knowledge Center" and "Press Room" sections. After this release, we will be working on Phase 2 of the website which will include podcasting and other great features. As part of this next Phase 2, we are also discussing creating a "blog". We are currently kicking around how we can leverage the great forum and content that we have here in Team Talk, as well as maybe creating a more "free form" blog that creates a dialogue of open and honest communications that is not neccessarily filled with corporate sponsored information. Very similiar to a journal that I and others within the company will communicate with on a regular basis...give me some feedback on what you all feel would be great for you and us-

Again, Many Thanks!
Phil Walker
phil.walker@mastercraft.com

east tx skier
01-04-2006, 11:45 AM
A little late on my part, but the site looks great.

MC_TT_Doug
01-09-2006, 12:46 PM
The new site looks good... However, the resolution on the pics in the gallery section is too small. You need more "wallpaper size" pictures of each model available for download. Also, I would highly suggest a larger "wallpaper image" than 1024x768 being available - that is just too small for using as wallpaper for most pc's. At least give us 1 or 2 images of each model with at least 1280x1024, but preferably 1680x1050 in order to get maximum resolution for a good desktop image to drool on!

quincyfirefighter
01-09-2006, 10:25 PM
TT Members-
I want to thank all of you for the kind words and great feedback on our new website. Most of your suggestions have already been fixed. In the coming weeks we will be launching another release that includes a robust "Athletes", "Knowledge Center" and "Press Room" sections. After this release, we will be working on Phase 2 of the website which will include podcasting and other great features. As part of this next Phase 2, we are also discussing creating a "blog". We are currently kicking around how we can leverage the great forum and content that we have here in Team Talk, as well as maybe creating a more "free form" blog that creates a dialogue of open and honest communications that is not neccessarily filled with corporate sponsored information. Very similiar to a journal that I and others within the company will communicate with on a regular basis...give me some feedback on what you all feel would be great for you and us-

Again, Many Thanks!
Phil Walker
phil.walker@mastercraft.com
Phil, I must say that I'm really excited about were the site is going :cool: Also looking forward to all the new changes. TeamTalk and this Mastercraft family helps the winter be not so long :firejump:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-14-2006, 07:55 PM
Where's the 2006 BLING?

Maristar210
01-15-2006, 02:33 PM
I hate to sound like some sort of perve but I have a hard time looking at that Maristar with that girl in the picture. I just can't seem to find any sort of boat :wavey:

Seriously it looks very nice and is very well done. Nice work you guys :headbang:

Steve

erkoehler
01-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Just thought I should bring this to someones attention!!!!

When you search for a dealer on the web site, there is no zip code that will bring up Chicago MC! I searched bloomingdale, Elgin, Bartlett, and Fox Lake IL and each time it sent me to Riverview Marine. The Fox Lake zip code should definetly bring up Chicago MC?????