PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever been food poisoned?

milkmania
12-23-2005, 11:45 AM
I think I have been:(

I've never felt worse, and the violence is unbearable.

I don't take flu shots, because I don't get the flu, so I can rule that out

BrianM
12-23-2005, 11:59 AM
I had food poisoning once. It was the most painful violent illness I have ever had. Laid in the fetal position for 2 days. :(

milkmania
12-23-2005, 12:05 PM
I had food poisoning once. It was the most painful violent illness I have ever had. Laid in the fetal position for 2 days. :(

I had to crawl to the keyboard...... does that count:(

Ric
12-23-2005, 12:16 PM
bad milk?

BrianM
12-23-2005, 12:19 PM

Yep, I pretty much had to crawl back and forth to the bathroom for 2 days. If you are able to do anything other than lay in bed and the necessities you are much better off than I was.

Remember that it can take 72 hours for food poisioning to kick in so don't necessarily blame it on the last thing you ate.

wiltok
12-23-2005, 12:28 PM
I was food poisoned from Taco Bell - TWICE (the same location)!! It's not on my "A" list of places to eat anymore....

milkmania
12-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Remember that it can take 72 hours for food poisioning to kick in so don't necessarily blame it on the last thing you ate.

noted

no not bad milk, but I don't know what the hell it was....I've never vomited so violently in my life!

bcampbe7
12-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Could be a stomach virus. It is going around here, and probably everywhere. If so, it should pass in 24-48 hours. Has the family eaten the same thing?
Hang in there. Drink plenty of water (or gatorade or pedialite if you have been vomiting alot) and stay away from caffeine if you can. Eat bland food when you are up to it. Try not to take Advil or Tylenol or anything of that nature. They can irritate the stomach.

tommcat
12-23-2005, 12:41 PM
got it from chicken once. pretty much just laid on the bathroom floor, in between sitting on the throne and puking at the same time.
without question the most violently ill i've ever been.

tex
12-23-2005, 12:45 PM
i had to quit relations with my girlfriend to run to the bathroom!

bcampbe7
12-23-2005, 12:47 PM

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner! :uglyhamme

milkmania
12-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Could be a stomach virus. It is going around here, and probably everywhere. If so, it should pass in 24-48 hours. Has the family eaten the same thing?

that could be quite possible....the 8 year old son has had the same symptoms... we've eaten different things pretty much,
I had noodles & chicken the other night, he did not.
I had steak, potato, & texas toast, he did not
We both had some homemade cookies, but different types from different batches.

boy, it sure makes you think when you're trying to figure out when & where you might have contracted something.

milkmania
12-23-2005, 12:48 PM

that's the LAST THING on my mind right now:(

AirJunky
12-23-2005, 12:59 PM
that's the LAST THING on my mind right now:(
So when is relations with Tex's girlfriend the FIRST thing on your mind?! :banana:
Good luck. Hope you feel better soon.

Footin
12-23-2005, 01:01 PM
I thought it was food poisoning but maybe it was the half bottle of tequila.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-23-2005, 01:03 PM
So when is relations with Tex's girlfriend the FIRST thing on your mind?! :banana:
Good luck. Hope you feel better soon.

BAMM!!!!! Airjunky with the slam dunk!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!! big HIGH FIVE on that burn buddy!! :woohoo:

He shoots, he scores!!!!!! :headbang:

milkmania
12-23-2005, 01:08 PM
BAMM!!!!! Airjunky with the slam dunk!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!! big HIGH FIVE on that burn buddy!! :woohoo:

He shoots, he scores!!!!!! :headbang:

that reminds me of the joke.....
hey buddy, got any nakled pictures of your wife?
no?
wanna buy some?:purplaugh

AirJunky
12-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Hehehe, uh oh, sounds like he's coming back. ;)

bigmac
12-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Sounds more like bacterial food poisoning rather than a viral illness. Staphlococcus is probably the most common, but most of them act pretty much the same. Maybe campylobacter, maybe E. coli.

Contaminated food from a food preparer that didn't wash his/her hands, or undercooked food are the biggest factors.

If it goes on more than 2 days, see a doctor - especially your son.

Here (http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/extension/poison.html) is a general link.

rodltg2
12-23-2005, 01:44 PM
li have had it several times thru my travels. last time from a sushi place in vegas. to top things of i had to fly home. longest 30 miniute flight ever. had the barf bag in hand the whole time. usually i fell like crap coming home from vegas from the cocktail flu. the food poising on top was not good.

bigmac
12-23-2005, 01:49 PM
li have had it several times thru my travels. last time from a sushi place in vegas. to top things of i had to fly home. longest 30 miniute flight ever. had the barf bag in hand the whole time. usually i fell like crap coming home from vegas from the cocktail flu. the food poising on top was not good.

I had an assistant get campylobacter from some chicken in Haiti - it didn't kill him, but I know he sure wanted to die for awhile.

What did help was one of the Haitians made up a tea from guava leaf for him. That worked pretty well - for about 6 hours. Might have worked better if we had called the hungan too, as he strongly recommended.

Leroy
12-23-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure what you quit now?

I had a bad mussel in Belgium, but luckily came up quickly and runs several times from eating in Juarez.

Hope you get to feeling better Milk!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Hehehe, uh oh, sounds like he's coming back. ;)

Yea, as soon as he gets totally better we will sell him some naked pictures of his own wife.......you know, the ones you took Airjunky :uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

sassydog
12-23-2005, 04:04 PM
i had it a few years ago, i puked every half hour for 8 hrs. it was pain i wouldn't wish upon my worst enemies. then the first thing i was able to keep down was orange gatorade, now i can't seem to get enough of the stuff.

rodltg2
12-23-2005, 04:18 PM
popsicles are good too.

milkmania
12-23-2005, 08:06 PM
i had it a few years ago, i puked every half hour for 8 hrs. it was pain i wouldn't wish upon my worst enemies. then the first thing i was able to keep down was orange gatorade, now i can't seem to get enough of the stuff.

by far the best Gatorade I''ve ever had.....
http://firstinthirst.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/gatorade_rain.JPG

André
12-23-2005, 08:37 PM
That's one crisp and clean pix Milk!

SKI*MC
12-23-2005, 08:56 PM
2 years ago, on the 25 of December, i was at a family friends house, We ate dinner there, and afterward we sat around watching movies. About an hour after i was done eating, i got the hershey skwirts. I needed to go home, and we were only about 10 minutes away form home. So my mom and dad take me home, and its the one night of the year my father decides to drive like an old man. The second I got out of the car (we werent even to a complete stop) i puked my brains out. I was sick for almost the rest of Christmas Break. I always get sick at the worst times, its not even funny!

Leroy
12-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Milk;

Are you ok now?

If not can give you an answer like my doctor...."well I have these suppositories if your problem continues"

milkmania
12-26-2005, 04:09 PM
back to normal....er, I mean such as it is:rolleyes:

Christmas Eve night was rough going, but I was able to eat ham on Christmas day:banana:

rodltg2
09-30-2006, 10:38 AM
i just spent one of the worst nights of my young life. got back from mexico city late thursday night and i guess i brought something back with me i would have rather left. at least i made it skiing last night though first. i was sitting in the boat ( my buddies brand new boat ) after my set , we were just coming around the island when it hit me like a friggin bus. i thought i was going to puke in the boat. :mad: ...
i made it back to the dock and headed straight for the jiffy john. it was a long ride home and even a longer night. good thing is at least i was able to sneak a set in before it hit me!! im feeling a tad better now but it doesnt look good for any more skiing this weekdend. :(

east tx skier
09-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Twice for me. Can't think of too many times I've felt worse. Just lay there and take it (with regular trips to the can penciled in)

Datdude
09-30-2006, 01:47 PM
i got the hershey skwirts.

for some reason this made me laugh uncontrollably for at least 5 minutes. :D

dog paw
09-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Thats one thing that scares me to death about traveling. I got some bad feed on a motorcycle ride. It made for a bad 150 mile ride home. In hindsight its a wonder I made it. Like everyone said, it was the sickest I have ever been. Even worse than a bad case of sea sickness.

rick s.
09-30-2006, 07:28 PM
first time it happened to me was after a sailboat race. Must of had a bad sandwich or something. Anyway, on the way home I ate a couple of Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies, and they were the first thing that came back up. Couldn't eat Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies for years....