PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Treo 650

T Scott
12-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Does anyone have the Sprint Treo 650?? I am going to treat myself to a new cell phone for Christmas and I am intersted in this one. I'd like to know how user friendly it is, how good the internet connection is, and overall opinions, good bad or indifferent.

tbuck
12-20-2005, 04:04 PM
I have had the Sprint Treo 650 for approx. 6 months and it is great. It is very user-friendly & the internet connection in my mind is very adequate. I use it primarily for phone, email, contacts, calendar. However, there is much more that you can do with this phone! I have not used the Blackberry so I dont have much to compare to the Treo, but no complaints from me.

Happy Holidays!

Diesel
12-20-2005, 04:10 PM
I have a treo 650 from Cingular. They had a $139.00 special last month so I picked one up. So far so good. It is nice to have everything in one package.

M-Funf
12-20-2005, 04:49 PM
I have a 600, and my wife has a 650. I no longer carry a laptop because all I really used it for was short E-Mails and maybe viewing a pdf file...If you're interested in real-time connectivity, you should also consider GoodLink software. It keeps your e-mail, contacts, etc. synchronized without having to connect with a cable.

E-Mail is great. The camera sucks. Internet is O.K., but really only on sites designed for display on PDA's (I don't look at this site on my Treo).

The 650 is great if you're interested in wireless headsets, or if your car has bluetooth. We'll be adding bluetooth to my wifes car next spring. That get's her handsfree talking, plus voice control of dialing, and a phonebook that pops up on the NAV screen :headbang:

BrianM
12-20-2005, 05:33 PM
I have a Treo 600 (Sprint)and agree with everything above. I love it and would be lost without it. Web browsing is good although a little slow. I do check this site from time to time on it. Very easy to use.

T Scott
12-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! I will likely purchase one of these within the next two weeks. I was at the Sprint store today and they said that retail is $600 for the phone -a $150 loyalty rebate (I have been a Sprint customer for years) and a $50 manuf. rebate. for a total of $400 for the new phone :eek3: Does anyone know if there is another source that I can buy it from for a better price?

Tom

6ballsisall
12-20-2005, 10:23 PM
I just bought Verizons Samsung i730 on Sunday.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=1780

Am about 85% pleased with it. It has push technology so it works almost exactly like my blackberry. I much prefer the windows platform on this compared to my blackberry or the palm software. Oh.. the web is BLAZING fast on it with the EVDO technology :headbang: I have a 30 day trial on it so we'll see if I choose to keep it or go for the Treo 700w due out at the end of the month. It's suppose to be running on Windows vs. Palm software

The battery life absolutely sucks but I guess they all do

T Scott
01-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Just to update.. I bought the Treo 650 and am really enjoying it. I have barely scratched the surface of what it can do. Great tool for checking email throughout the day (I am a sales rep and am in the car all day) So far, it has been a fun new gadget. I'd reccomend it to anyone.

Larryp
01-05-2006, 12:48 AM
I've used my 650 at the lake to look at this site, use it for directions while on the road, check e-mail etc. and I love it. Had it since may. The down side for me is that unit quality as a whole is junk. I am on my sixth phone, hopefully they get the glitches out at some point. Watch out for viruses it will lock you out of phone mode and you will have to do a hard restart, no big thing unless you are 600 miles from your base computer.

wiltok
01-05-2006, 11:48 AM
My fiance has the BlackBerry 7100t- which is the same size as the Treo and IMO the screen is kind of small. I'm thinking of getting this one - although I haven't seen it in person yet.

http://www.sprint.com/business/products/phones/ppc6700_allPcsPhones.jsp

OhioProstar
01-05-2006, 01:24 PM
I have the new Verizon 7130e...it works pretty well, but I am with Jeff, it would be better with Windows CE.

rodltg2
01-05-2006, 01:31 PM
all i know is nextel sucks, if it wasnt for the radio feature and the fact that we have 15 of them i would switch.

T Scott
01-05-2006, 02:45 PM
My fiance has the BlackBerry 7100t- which is the same size as the Treo and IMO the screen is kind of small. I'm thinking of getting this one - although I haven't seen it in person yet.

http://www.sprint.com/business/products/phones/ppc6700_allPcsPhones.jsp

Wiltok,
Actually, I bought the 6700 you are refering to first. I also like the bigger screen, etc. However, I returned it after 3 days because I hated it. I did not find it user friendly at all. To make a simple phone call was a task....... I have had the 650 for a week or so now and find it to be much easier to use than the 6700. The good news is that Sprint offers a 14 day return policy, so try it yourself and see what you think. You may love it......

6ballsisall
01-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Update:

I now love my 730. I travel a fair amount and now most trips don't even need my laptop. (nice weight savings and helps at airport security) I have high speed internet anywhere I want it, direct corporate email like my blackberry (which I haven't touched in a month now thanks to this device) and I have 1gb of memory storage which I have photos and important documents on. I open all kinds of attachments I couldn't with my blackberry including PDF's, word, excel, jpg you name it.

I am hooked!