PDA

View Full Version : Entrepreneurs?

milkmania
12-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Crafty little bastages!:rant:

Fourth-Graders Accused of Counterfeiting

December 19, 2005, 9:31 AM EST

GARY, Ind. -- A cafeteria worker thought it was odd that a fourth-grader would pay for his lunch with a $20 bill.

The cashier at Marquette Elementary School was right. The cashier, who also noticed that the texture of the paper wasn't right, alerted the school's police officer, Patrolman Greg Tatum, who asked the 10-year-old about the money.

"He reached into his front pocket and pulled out more," Tatum said.

The discovery Tuesday led to the arrest of three fourth-graders at the Gary school, where police and school officials confiscated $179 in counterfeit money.

All three face juvenile charges of forgery and theft, Cpl. Nelson Otano after the students were brought to the police station.

Police found the bills in a trash can next to a computer when they went to the first boy's home Tuesday, Gary Police Cpl. Nelson Otano said.

"It looked like they were trying to perfect them," he said.

Police arrested two 10-year-old boys and a 12-year-old girl. In all, police identified seven fake 20s, three 10s, one five and four ones, Otano said.

Leroy
12-20-2005, 08:21 AM
I heard his parents knew and thought he was just printing play money! :D What you don't need lunch money again little Billy?

pilot02
12-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Younger and younger...... Better story than I have

While working at a Drive thru beer store in, I had a guy hand me a zeroxed $20 that he'd taken a green highlighter to in order to have it look somewhat legal. Picture the scene, drive through on both sides, building about 10' wide, one person inside, dark etc. He thought I was an easy target. Didn't work so well. When he handed me the money, I looked at it (he'd apparently gotten away with the same earlier in the week with someone else), then, slid my stainless p89 out from next to the register and suggested he not attempt to leave while I called PD. Thought he was going to crap on the spot! needless to say, he and his buddy, went to jail that night.

bigmac
12-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Younger and younger...... Better story than I have

While working at a Drive thru beer store in, I had a guy hand me a zeroxed $20 that he'd taken a green highlighter to in order to have it look somewhat legal. Picture the scene, drive through on both sides, building about 10' wide, one person inside, dark etc. He thought I was an easy target. Didn't work so well. When he handed me the money, I looked at it (he'd apparently gotten away with the same earlier in the week with someone else), then, slid my stainless p89 out from next to the register and suggested he not attempt to leave while I called PD. Thought he was going to crap on the spot! needless to say, he and his buddy, went to jail that night.

Hmmm...not to change the subject, but pulling a pistol in a situation where there's not a threat to someone's life could get one charged with brandishing - even in this situation. And to have shot the guy if he had driven away would surely have got you arrested and charged with something bad, most likely a felony.

A non-LEO using a lethal weapon to enforce the law is tricky, tricky business, and in those situations, the thing that is most likely to keep the person making the citizen's arrest with a weapon out of jail is the forebearance of the particular police officer that gets to the scene first, and whether or not he puts it in his report. If he does, it becomes the DA's call. We'd have to hope he's not a member of the Sarah Brady Coalition.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-20-2005, 02:27 PM
I was expecting it to end, "the kids were using school computers"......

Ric
12-20-2005, 02:32 PM
I was expecting it to end, "the kids were using school computers"......
haaaaaaaaaa

lakes Rick
12-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Bet the Girl was the ringleader....

Ric
12-20-2005, 02:33 PM
when I was in elementary school, there was a book in the library about some boys counterfeiting money
wonder where these 10yr olds came up with the idea (if it wasnt from the 12yr old female as Rick supposed)

pilot02
12-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Hmmm...not to change the subject, but pulling a pistol in a situation where there's not a threat to someone's life could get one charged with brandishing - even in this situation. And to have shot the guy if he had driven away would surely have got you arrested and charged with something bad, most likely a felony.

A non-LEO using a lethal weapon to enforce the law is tricky, tricky business, and in those situations, the thing that is most likely to keep the person making the citizen's arrest with a weapon out of jail is the forebearance of the particular police officer that gets to the scene first, and whether or not he puts it in his report. If he does, it becomes the DA's call. We'd have to hope he's not a member of the Sarah Brady Coalition.

It was merely moved into plain view which in LA was totally legal (at least at the time) though I did have a concealed permit as did everyone that worked there. That was 15yrs ago and in this day and age you couldn't pay me enough to work in that situation. That place was so right for robbery it wasn't even funny.

bigmac
12-20-2005, 03:32 PM
It was merely moved into plain view which in LA was totally legal (at least at the time) though I did have a concealed permit as did everyone that worked there. That was 15yrs ago and in this day and age you couldn't pay me enough to work in that situation. That place was so right for robbery it wasn't even funny.Drive-throughs and convenience stores - that can be some dangerous work.