PDA

View Full Version : Winter Stereo Project

chfrogman
12-18-2005, 11:28 PM
I would like to make a project of adding supporting equip to the current boat stereo over the winter. My wife and I purchased a 2005 X-2 this past year and have though about adding tower speakers, etc. I am fairly good with electrical and stereo stuff once I know what I need and simple directions.

Does anyone have suggestions on what would work best with the current stock Clarion CDX stereo. What can I do to add on to it and what are the limitations. I am not looking to spend a HUGE amount of money, but think that I can save some $$ by doing it myself. Any advice is appriciated. (Amp, tower speakers, additional batt.m etc.)

I am also not looking to have everyone in the next county be able to hear the music that I am listening to.

OhioProstar
12-19-2005, 10:02 AM
I used Sounddomain.com for all my stereo purchases. Use pricegrabber.com to find the best price on the component you want then used Sounddomain's 105% price match to get a little better price.

quincyfirefighter
12-19-2005, 10:16 AM
I would go with a amp for the boat speakers and go for there. Maybe next, a sub and sub-amp, if your model of boat didn't come with one. than go for the tower speakers and another amp to drive them. :twocents:

quincyfirefighter
12-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Excuse the wires in that amp pic. :o Was not finished with looming the wires :headbang:

chfrogman
12-20-2005, 10:19 PM
I would go with a amp for the boat speakers and go for there. Maybe next, a sub and sub-amp, if your model of boat didn't come with one. than go for the tower speakers and another amp to drive them. :twocents:

I will just have to check out some of these ideas. Is there a need for so many amps? Do I need multiple batt. or will one additional work. Thanks for the info & photos. :headbang: