PDA

View Full Version : '07 GM Full Sized Trucks SUVs

BrianM
12-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Little bit more info coming out on the redisigned trucks and SUVs. If the trucks look like the SUVs (which they should) I can't wait. Love the look of the new GMC.

Redesigend power terrain looks impressive.

5.3L 320hp 340 lb-ft displacment on demand 16/22mpg

and the new monster

6.2L 380hp 415ft-lb DOD 13/19mpg :D

So from the looks of it the new 6.2L is going to get the same mileage as my current 5.3L. I have been happy with the 5.3 but now I am going to have to decided if I want more mileage with just a little more HP or the same milage with a LOT more HP and torque.

http://www.gmc.com/newvehicles/2007yukon/index.jsp

Edit: Why would anyone get the 4.8L now. Less horsepower and torque and less mileage than the 5.3L. :confused:

Diesel
12-15-2005, 12:33 PM
The interiors are unbelievable!!

I cannot wait, and I just might have to trade up the wife's Yukon this year since I really like what I have seen so far. The new 6.2 with cyl on demand looks very promising. Hate to buy a first year model so we'll see............

BrianM
12-15-2005, 12:42 PM
I agree that the interiors are a HUGE improvement. Nice looking dash and gauge cluster.

As for first year. I seem to always get in first year. I love having the new model early. So far I haven't been stung.

SteveO
12-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Wow, that Denali look sweet. May have to consider a GM when the MDX lease is up in July 2006. By then, they will have the employee discount plus pricing or the going out of business we hope one of 30,000 displaced employees will buy one more GM for the road pricing.

Diesel
12-15-2005, 12:54 PM
As for first year. I seem to always get in first year. I love having the new model early. So far I haven't been stung.

Yeah I'm the same way but my last experience with GMs brand new, redesigned Duramax left a bad taste in my mouth. Had I waited for the common problems to be know I might have stayed away.

Ski-A-Rees
12-15-2005, 01:19 PM
I haven't heard the best things about the Duramax but it sure is quite compared to the PowerStroke and The Cummings. I heard it is alot better than the old chevy diesels. Personally I'm a Chevy person but I am a FIRM believer in the PowerStroke.

On the topic about the new chevy V-8. I'm quite skeptical on switching from 4 to 8 cylinders but if it turns out to be a sucess, you can count on me being first in line to order one. I think it's amazing!

Cloaked
12-15-2005, 01:48 PM
I haven't heard the best things about the Duramax but it sure is quite compared to the PowerStroke and The Cummings. I heard it is alot better than the old chevy diesels. Personally I'm a Chevy person but I am a FIRM believer in the PowerStroke.

On the topic about the new chevy V-8. I'm quite skeptical on switching from 4 to 8 cylinders but if it turns out to be a sucess, you can count on me being first in line to order one. I think it's amazing!They are all comparitively quite at this point in design / production, and they all have their problems. I am on my third Duramax / Allison and wouldn't swap my problems for the others' problems...no way! Most of what anyone hears (myself included) is from others that don't know what they are specifically talking about or have not had their foot on a Duramax (IMHO). The PSD is a fine engine but certainly does not far exceed any of the others (Duramax and Cummins) in performance. Cummims is probably the best proven engine, PSD is likely the most widely known and Ford-friendly (old engine design) engine, and the Duramax is probably the hardest working engine / drive-train setup for OTR use (generally speaking).

At this level of investment for usefulness, mileage is not a factor that influences me one way or another. I need HP and torque at any mileage factor. That is just not important to me for the use of the vehicle. If I want mileage as a primary factor, I'll stick with go-carts and mini-bikes. I just don't pinch pennies in operating costs as a sacrifice for my needs of performance

I will trade again in 2008 for the new body style, new tranny that Allison will have out, and the increased OEM HP/ torque with GMC.

:twocents:

Diesel
12-15-2005, 02:03 PM
They are all comparitively quite at this point in design / production, and they all have their problems. I am on my third Duramax / Allison and wouldn't swap my problems for the others' problems...no way! Most of what anyone hears (myself included) is from others that don't know what they are specifically talking about or have not had their foot on a Duramax (IMHO). The PSD is a fine engine but certainly does not far exceed any of the others (Duramax and Cummins) in performance. Cummims is probably the best proven engine, PSD is likely the most widely known and Ford-friendly (old engine design) engine, and the Duramax is probably the hardest working engine / drive-train setup for OTR use (generally speaking).

At this level of investment for usefulness, mileage is not a factor that influences me one way or another. I need HP and torque at any mileage factor. That is just not important to me for the use of the vehicle. If I want mileage as a primary factor, I'll stick with go-carts and mini-bikes. I just don't pinch pennies in operating costs as a sacrifice for my needs of performance

I will trade again in 2008 for the new body style, new tranny that Allison will have out, and the increased OEM HP/ torque with GMC.

:twocents:

I've had two D/A trucks with combined mileage of 150K. The 02 was the perfect truck with not one single problem. At 89K I foolishly traded it off for an 04.5 which was a turd. I could not pull my boat to the Ozarks without it overheating. GM has no fix and it seems thousands of others are having the same problem and there is still no fix at today. I cut my losses and sold it before the word spread and the truck lost more value. I was very hard because I loved the truck and the ally it just would not do the job and got terrible mileage compared to my 02.

I am going to wait out the GMT900 unless I find a Mega Cab for cheap between now and then. Can't wait for the new trucks and see what the new D/A has to offer............

VTJC
12-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Forget about wrapping those sweet engines in the crappy GM truck chassis, those new engines will be sweet in MCs! Jamie

Cloaked
12-15-2005, 02:52 PM
......I am going to wait out the GMT900 unless I find a Mega Cab for cheap between now and then. Can't wait for the new trucks and see what the new D/A has to offer............The 02 was indeed the best one so far. I currently have the 02 model and after I got the fuel pump and injectors replaced (for a third time) this is by far my favorite.

I too look forward to the T900.

Happy dieseling! :toast: