PDA

View Full Version : SS Prop Repair

tall_ andy
09-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Well, I just put the new 13x12 prop on hope to get out this afternoon or tommorrow early to see if theres a difference. The prop I pulled off is in need of some minor repair(river rocks)
It is a stainless steel 13 x 13 noname prop. Anyone have suggestions as to whom I should send it to that can make it "good as new" or somewhere close to that.
Thanks

MarkP
09-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Now we get to hear about the new prop..:banana: ..

MarkP
09-10-2004, 10:43 AM
I swear I posted that last one at the Harmonic Prop Puller thread:confused:

tall_ andy
09-10-2004, 10:46 AM
Mark
Now we see why your post count is over 2K :D

MarkP
09-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Ok, enough about me.:o . Lets get that boat in the water so you can share the results..:wavey:

east tx skier
09-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Mark, be careful, or we'll petitition TTAdmin to cut your post count in half. ;)

Andy, you might call OJ and see if they remill other brands of props. If so, I have nothing but good things to say about the job they did on my father in law's prop, which had one of its blades bent back at least 45 degrees (and near the hub t'boot). Cost was $85 on a nibril prop, plus shipping.

If OJ won't do it, there's a company in one of the Carolinas that Brian referred me to when I needed to look into having my prop shaft straightened. If I remember, they work on props, too. If you can find my post on this board or the old one about my bent shaft, the name of this business is probably on there. They were very nice to deal with, even if my shaft was beyond repair.