View Full Version : Ooooooops......

Pages : [1] 2

AirJunky
12-14-2005, 06:43 PM
http://www.foilfreaks.com/forum/files/tige_584.jpg

east tx skier
12-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Maybe he ran antifreeze through it?

Nope, no dead fish floating around the boat. He's boned!

Of course, if the water didn't freeze, doesn't that keep things warmer somehow?

Speaking with my local service dealer the other day, he said a guy brought his 'Bu in for service and it had icy slush in it. Must've been that 18 degree night we had. In hindsight, a few turns of the wrench might not have been such a bad idea afterall.

M-Funf
12-14-2005, 06:47 PM
PWNED!!!

That hurts...

east tx skier
12-14-2005, 06:49 PM
O RLY! PWN3D! ;)

Hahahah! Nice one M-Funf.

AirJunky
12-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Rest assured, Doug, that water is frozen a foot thick or more. It's Diamond Lake, less than an hour from the US/CA border. The last time the air temps were over 32 degrees there, you were trick or treatin with your kids!

east tx skier
12-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Man, that sucks pretty hard. Friend of yours?

AirJunky
12-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Not really. An aquaintance, I suppose. Friend of a friend. We go out to Diamond occasionally & he lives on the lake. I know his buddies have pulled his boat out of the lake at the end of the season at least once. Guess they didn't do it this year. ;)

M-Funf
12-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Hahahah! Nice one M-Funf.

;)

Rest assured, Doug, that water is frozen a foot thick or more. It's Diamond Lake, less than an hour from the US/CA border. The last time the air temps were over 32 degrees there, you were trick or treatin with your kids!

Sooooo, as long as the water doesn't shift around, it might not do any structural damage to the running gear, but he will still likely have a cracked block and/or heads, right?

AirJunky
12-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Yea, I think a cracked block is the best he can hope for. I suspect the ice will crush the hull by spring. Ever here the ice cracking in the spring?
Last year I went out there & there was a 6' tall ridge of ice down the middle of the lake...... probably a good mile long. I guess the ice had cracked at some point. Then the wind pushed one ice flow into the other, causing the ice to go upwards & create the ridge.

Leroy
12-14-2005, 07:07 PM
That is an ouch! I bet it pops off the prop or other bad stuff.
John Madden, master of obvious moment.

What kind of idiot is he? Who would just leave it there? If he lives on the lake you would think he would have started worrying about this when the lake started freezing over. Keep sending those pix in!

erkoehler
12-14-2005, 07:11 PM
WOW, thats gonna leave a mark :eek:

jraben8
12-14-2005, 07:14 PM
A little time lapse photography will be very interesting. Very painful to watch yet interesting. Man, I feel bad for that guy but it sounds like he should've known better.

rodltg2
12-14-2005, 07:19 PM
why does he just leave it there. is he to busy to be bothered with such things?

erkoehler
12-14-2005, 07:20 PM
why does he just leave it there. is he to busy to be bothered with such things?

Must be nice to have enough money to not have to worry about completely trashing your boat!

I would be out there with a chainsaw and my drysuit cutting a path to the shore!!!!

erkoehler
12-14-2005, 07:21 PM
When would you call out your insurance adjuster? Now, while its frozen in the lake, or later when it sinks?

rodltg2
12-14-2005, 07:25 PM
are you close to chicago erkle? i was there in the airport yesterday and it looked chilly outside.

jraben8
12-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Must be nice to have enough money to not have to worry about completely trashing your boat!

I would be out there with a chainsaw and my drysuit cutting a path to the shore!!!!

I'm the same way. Better to possibly drop a chainsaw in the lake than to drop all of the gear and probably the boat.

I think the adjuster would just say "call me when it's gone".

erkoehler
12-14-2005, 07:34 PM
are you close to chicago erkle? i was there in the airport yesterday and it looked chilly outside.

40 minutes from o'hare

jimmer2880
12-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Sure wish I had that much money to be that stupid. What a dork. It's only a Tige - but it's still a comp boat none-the-less. It didn't need to die that way.

AirJunky
12-14-2005, 07:38 PM
The ramp is probably a mile away & has a foot of snow & ice on it. So you'd have to cut a path to the ramp with your chainsaw...... where would you put the ice you cut away?
Then you'd have to figure out how to get your truck & trailer down & then up the ramp with the boat on it. 4wd & 4 wheel chains MIGHT do it. I'm thinkin it would take a winch to pull the rig up the ramp, at least!
And THEN, he's still got a boat with a cracked engine block to deal with!

rodltg2
12-14-2005, 07:40 PM
so he may as well leave it till spring is what your saying?

Rockman
12-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Maybe the owner is in the boat under the cover???

:uglyhamme

erkoehler
12-14-2005, 07:41 PM
The ramp is probably a mile away & has a foot of snow & ice on it. So you'd have to cut a path to the ramp with your chainsaw...... where would you put the ice you cut away?
Then you'd have to figure out how to get your truck & trailer down & then up the ramp with the boat on it. 4wd & 4 wheel chains MIGHT do it. I'm thinkin it would take a winch to pull the rig up the ramp, at least!
And THEN, he's still got a boat with a cracked engine block to deal with!

ok, so hes boned no matter what!

AirJunky
12-14-2005, 07:43 PM
so he may as well leave it till spring is what your saying?
HEhehe, yea, I suppose. The time lapse photographs sounds like a good idea. I'll suggest it to his neighbors. Thats the kind of thing that would be emailed around the net for years & years.

rodltg2
12-14-2005, 07:50 PM
how about a pic with some ice skater around it!

bigmac
12-14-2005, 07:56 PM
Now THAT is some glassy water..

jake
12-14-2005, 08:03 PM

That's not a foot of ice, it's barely skimmed over. You can even see the open water further out.

AirJunky
12-14-2005, 08:08 PM
That's not a foot of ice, it's barely skimmed over. You can even see the open water further out.
Hehehe, I'll tell that to everyone skating & riding quads on the ice. They will want to know! :headbang:
Heres our forecast...... and it's been like this for several weeks now.

Leroy
12-14-2005, 08:36 PM
That's thinking of someone from near Chicago! :D

Maybe the owner is in the boat under the cover???

:uglyhamme

pilot02
12-14-2005, 08:49 PM
I think I'd have at least gotten some of those aeretor things people use around the dock to try. Slim chance but the block may not have frozen still being in the water not to mention he could be lucky and have the half system freshwater cooling on it. Still a shame, guess it will be on ebay in the spring as a salvage.

erkoehler
12-14-2005, 08:50 PM
I think I'd have at least gotten some of those aeretor things people use around the dock to try. Slim chance but the block may not have frozen still being in the water not to mention he could be lucky and have the half system freshwater cooling on it. Still a shame, guess it will be on ebay in the spring as a salvage.

Maybe he wanted a new boat?

vegashomeexpert
12-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Maybe he wanted a new boat?
Don't blame him. I looked at Tige' before I bought the MC :) Naw, their not that bad. Just the under seat storage bothered me. Got these big ole seats and little holes under them to squeaze all your "stuff" in. And I have a lot of stuff! Ya, he just wants a new boat and wants his insurance to buy it for him.

3event
12-14-2005, 09:20 PM
That is unreal. First time I've heard of anyone letting a boat get frozen in.

AirJunky, we would probably take up a collection to fund time lapse photography - monthly updates! WOW!

PendO
12-14-2005, 09:23 PM

Bill, that is some funny S* ... yeah, its cold there ... typically it is the colder part of the drive on the way to our place ... I was down in Lewiston, ID today and even the river's edges down there had ice (it is a a golf all winter area) ...

rodltg2
12-14-2005, 09:28 PM
i bet it will be fine, will start right up in the spring

AirJunky
12-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Hehehe, OK, I found out who took the pic. He's an older guy who lives nearby & loves photography. I'll get word to him that we want to see weekly updates on it. I can only imagine......... covered with heaps of snow, being pushed up out of the ice, or sinking.

rodltg2
12-14-2005, 10:03 PM
i dont get it, i think my boat sleeps warmer at night than i do. its in a heated garage with a blanky over the engine compartment , plus the cover.

quincyfirefighter
12-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Sorry but this guy should not own a boat. That just makes me sick to think that someone would leave their boat out in the water like that. My pond here gets like that around october and you know to get your ride out of the water by then. :mad: I'm sure someone would have taken that ride off his hands for a good price. He's a bonehead !!!!!!

quincyfirefighter
12-14-2005, 10:23 PM
also that just make's me sick. as long as it took me to get the money to buy my boat!!

Hoosier Bob
12-14-2005, 10:36 PM
My guess is his wife poisoned his last beer sometime in August. She has been shopping ever since on his credit while he is rotting in his favorite place! If my other half was to put me out of my misery my guess is it would be on or around on of my numerous toys that steal quality time from her! Anyway, morbid yes but that is the only way my MC would get frozen in. OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!! 8p

PendO
12-14-2005, 10:38 PM
also that just make's me sick. as long as it took me to get the money to buy my boat!!

Bill, I guess that is what happens when you buy from a dealer w/o a service shop? :)

I WANT MORE PICS ... hell, I may drive up there tomorrow if I need a good laugh!

quincyfirefighter
12-14-2005, 10:46 PM
My guess is his wife poisoned his last beer sometime in August. She has been shopping ever since on his credit while he is rotting in his favorite place! If my other half was to put me out of my misery my guess is it would be on or around on of my numerous toys that steal quality time from her! Anyway, morbid yes but that is the only way my MC would get frozen in. OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!! 8p
AMEN my brother :headbang:

Leroy
12-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Bob; Well at least I'll know to look if I see your boat tied to a buoy on Geist!

Hoosier Bob
12-14-2005, 11:24 PM
I know you have my back Leroy! Remember just burn me and mix me up in some binding slime! That is how I want to go!
Bob; Well at least I'll know to look if I see your boat tied to a buoy on Geist!

Workin' 4 Toys
12-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Get a better shot of it when the cover blows off. I want to make sure I know what I am looking at when he lists it on Fleabay in the spring and some sucka buys it.

Question: Why is there snow on the boat but not on the ice?

SteveO
12-14-2005, 11:41 PM
That will leave a mark!!!!!

erkoehler
12-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Um, what was the point in putting the cover on so nicely if you were just going to let it get frozen into the ice?

Wft, I would have to say the snow probably built up prior to the lake freezing.

PendO
12-15-2005, 12:43 AM
Get a better shot of it when the cover blows off. I want to make sure I know what I am looking at when he lists it on Fleabay in the spring and some sucka buys it.

Question: Why is there snow on the boat but not on the ice?

There is no snow on the ice b/c when we got the snow in spokane / N. Idaho it had just turned cold (i.e. the days before it was above freezing) ... ever since it snowed it has been below freezing (last week it was getting down in the single digits in town, and probably about 10 degree colder 30Miles north of town (which is where that boat is at) the water just looks like glass, but it is really like putting a cup of water in the freezer ... I just got my power/gas bill for the billing cycle ending 12/10 the average temp last year was 35, the avg. temp this year was 29 (daytime) ... so my power bill went up 25% (FAN-FRIGGIN-TASTIK) another $270 down the drain! Oh well, I just insulated my garage (batting on the walls and blown insulation above, and increased the insulation in the house to R51) ... interested to see what next month will bring as I did that on the 7th of this month, there were just too many icecicles for my liking.

Jimmy O
12-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Just wondering why it couldn't be cut out with a chain saw, brought to shore and winched on to a trailer or some rigging to protect underneath. Make a tent with tarps, apply heat and thaw it out enough to winterize.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Just wondering why it couldn't be cut out with a chain saw, brought to shore and winched on to a trailer or some rigging to protect underneath. Make a tent with tarps, apply heat and thaw it out enough to winterize.

Or strap it and lift it with a crane in a similar fashion.
If he/she wanted it, there are ways. But he/she has to be figuring by now "new boat". I would like to see how this works out.
Of course this could be one of those instances where two people were suppose to take care of it and they each think the other did it, and it is a true mistake.
How deep is it there? Will they be able to find it in spring when it falls through?

ski_king
12-15-2005, 10:11 AM
:cry: So sad to see a boat die that way.

If it was a MasterCraft we could have gotten together and had a rescue mission.

The engine is gone by now. If it could lifted onto the ice then drug to shore the running gear would be trashed but at least the hull could be saved.

It would be easier than getting that houseboat out of the swimming pool.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=6347&highlight=houseboat

SteveO
12-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Does Tige have an owners board? Maybe you could post the photo on their site. Let it be a stray dog rescue program.

MarkP
12-15-2005, 10:27 AM
If that’s not too far off shore, a chain saw and crane could do the trick..

Now if we all send 5 bucks to the photographer maybe he could save it???

Otherwise, I think its sunk….
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/jasons_smilie/thinking2.gif

Kevin 89MC
12-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Holy cow! :eek3: That's just sad. :cry: It will be interesting to see what happens in the spring, or when the ice shifts. It's probably gonna get shredded up! There's not much that can stop the power of ice. We've seen it do some pretty amazing damage around here. If if goes out smoothly in the spring, there's a slim chance it might have very little fiberglass damage. I bet even right now the hull is probably crushed in a little bit. I wonder if the insurance co might say "sorry, we don't cover negligence!"
Keep us posted . . .

Kevin 89MC
12-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Holy cow! :eek3: That's just sad. :cry: At least it's not a MC :D It will be interesting to see what happens in the spring, or when the ice shifts. It's probably gonna get shredded up! There's not much that can stop the power of ice. We've seen it do some pretty amazing damage around here. If if goes out smoothly in the spring, there's a slim chance it might have very little fiberglass damage. I bet even right now the hull is probably crushed in a little bit. I wonder if the insurance co might say "sorry, we don't cover negligence!"
Keep us posted . . .
(sorry for the double post, thought I was in edit mode)

jraben8
12-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Does Tige have an owners board? Maybe you could post the photo on their site. Let it be a stray dog rescue program.

They do. www.tigeowners.com

That felt weird posting another owners forum here. Delete this if you must.

M-Funf
12-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Oh, hell, just cut around the boat, hook a winch up to the bow hook, and haul the ice cube to shore...once the ice melts, pick up the boat and put it on the trailer...

I can fix it. My dad has a *****in' set of tools...

But, in the end, your still stuck with a Tige :rolleyes:

M-Funf
12-15-2005, 01:27 PM
AMEN my brother :headbang:

[threadjack = on]

Hey quincyfirefighter, where do you ski? I used to go to Almanor all the time...beautiful lake, but tends to get rough too early.

[threadjack = off]

:toast:

Tom023
12-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Why not just cut a hole in it and use it for an ice fishing shanty? No different than you guys who, in the winter, sit in your boats in the garage drinking a beer.

jmyers
12-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Yea, Tige has an owners board! That's where the owner read the thread on how to winterize a Tige!! :uglyhamme They missed the part about taking it out of the water first!

jmyers
12-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Why not just cut a hole in it and use it for an ice fishing shanty? No different than you guys who, in the winter, sit in your boats in the garage drinking a beer.
Heh, now there's nothing wrong with siting in the boat in the garage and drinking beer! :toast: It brings the boat and I closer! :love:

PendO
12-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Yea, Tige has an owners board! That's where the owner read the thread on how to winterize a Tige!! :uglyhamme They missed the part about taking it out of the water first!

I'd feel bad if there was some serious reason why the boat was left there ... bill gave me directions, if I get a chance I will head out there today or tomorrow:)

Maristar210
12-15-2005, 01:35 PM
Who is to say the guys WIFE is not in the boat under the cover? and the guy is off to buy an MC with his new girlfriend?

You unda-estimate him perhaps grasshopper?

Steve

milkmania
12-15-2005, 01:49 PM
They missed the part about taking it out of the water first!

that made me think.....

we might want to edit the winterization thread that floats around here on our board.... you know... liability issues:(

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Leroy
12-15-2005, 02:16 PM
I posted a link on the Tigé board so they can see this.

Ski-A-Rees
12-15-2005, 02:22 PM
All I can say is... Thank God It Wasn't A MasterCraft!

pilot02
12-15-2005, 03:00 PM

I think the Tige owners must all be in hibernation as well. ONLY one post after the pic....

bigmac
12-15-2005, 03:25 PM

So did I...

jmyers
12-15-2005, 03:54 PM
I think the Tige owners must all be in hibernation as well. ONLY one post after the pic....
What was the one post? "OH S**T MY BOAT"!!!!!!!!!!!! The garage did look a little empty! :confused:

shepherd
12-15-2005, 04:01 PM
I'll be the optimist and bet the hull and running gear will be just fine. Now the engine... if the owner didn't drain the water I wouldn't bet against a cracked block or manifold, etc...

Leroy
12-15-2005, 05:26 PM
48 views, no reply to my post on Tige board.

Danimal
12-15-2005, 05:28 PM
48 views, no reply to my post on Tige board.

They might be offended. I went over there and there really isn't a lot of activity.

AirJunky
12-15-2005, 05:58 PM
I'll be the optimist and bet the hull and running gear will be just fine. Now the engine... if the owner didn't drain the water I wouldn't bet against a cracked block or manifold, etc...
OK Shep, wanna bet? You ever see what ice flows do to docks or pilings? I'd expect it to be almost completely covered in snow with only the tower sticking out by Christmas. Maybe Casey & I will go decorate it. :friday:

jake
12-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Hehehe, I'll tell that to everyone skating & riding quads on the ice. They will want to know! :headbang:
Heres our forecast...... and it's been like this for several weeks now.

Well, I'm not doubting that there are people skating and riding quads on the ice now (I thought you said Ford Rangers being driven on it?), but when THAT photo was taken, it was a light skim of ice from the previous night. Here's how I know:

1. Snow on the boat and dock...no snow on the ice
2. Color of the ice, that deep "water" looking color. When ice gets more than a couple inches thick, it gets grey and cloudy. You can't see through a foot of ice on a lake.
3. Spider cracks on the ice surface.
4. Open water just out past the boat.

Now, if the owner left the boat out there after this, then he's a complete idiot, or out of the country or something.

Is the boat still out there? Can you post a recent photo? I enjoy bashing the tige owners as well, but I gotta call BS based on this photo.

AirJunky
12-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Yep, your right Jake. Got me. It's Photoshopped. The ice is only 1/2" or so. And it's gonna be balmy & sunny here this weekend.

The Ford was actually on Liberty, near my place, which is a few miles away from Diamond, where it's much colder. I'll get some pics from Liberty this weekend. The ice is clear as can be. You can see fish under it. But it's 6" or more thick right now.
And there is not a spec of snow on the ice either...... maybe because it hasn't snowed since it froze, but I could be wrong.

We'll be out in shorts, probably skiing because the ice isn't really there.

Edit:
I talked to one of the guys who lives on Diamond. He's enjoying this thread too. His response:

I walked out to the boat the same day the picture was taken and Jake doesn't know what the f%$k he's talking about...

I may have to join the board and I don't own a MC! ;)

bigmac
12-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Well, I'm not doubting that there are people skating and riding quads on the ice now (I thought you said Ford Rangers being driven on it?), but when THAT photo was taken, it was a light skim of ice from the previous night. Here's how I know:

2. Color of the ice, that deep "water" looking color. When ice gets more than a couple inches thick, it gets grey and cloudy. You can't see through a foot of ice on a lake.

Now, if the owner left the boat out there after this, then he's a complete idiot, or out of the country or something.

Is the boat still out there? Can you post a recent photo? I enjoy bashing the tige owners as well, but I gotta call BS based on this photo.

I don't know how think the ice is, but, based on my experience living on Minnesota lakes for over 20 years, I'd have to say that:

there is no open water visible in that picture
spider cracks are common even in ice that's a foot thick
the ice does not get grey and cloudy as it gets thicker. I've measured ice 2 feet thick that was absolutely crystal clear.

Regardless of the exact thickness, it's absolutely not a simple skim of ice...that boat is totally forked.

Hoosier Bob
12-15-2005, 08:04 PM
I bet if you removed that ugly tower (SAWZALL) someone would pull it out! Too embarrased to be seen with that bent coat hanger! Sorry if that is standard issue but that thing is ugly! I will have my next tower made from clear acrylic! Everything would just be floating above my boat! Dat would be cool! :friday:

PendO
12-15-2005, 08:25 PM
BILL - that is one helluva photoshop job, do you think you could photoshop the snow out of my yard and driveway ... that crap that is compacted on my driveway is getting slippery:)

Yep, your right Jake. Got me. It's Photoshopped. The ice is only 1/2" or so. And it's gonna be balmy & sunny here this weekend.

The Ford was actually on Liberty, near my place, which is a few miles away from Diamond, where it's much colder. I'll get some pics from Liberty this weekend. The ice is clear as can be. You can see fish under it. But it's 6" or more thick right now.
And there is not a spec of snow on the ice either...... maybe because it hasn't snowed since it froze, but I could be wrong.

We'll be out in shorts, probably skiing because the ice isn't really there.

Edit:
I talked to one of the guys who lives on Diamond. He's enjoying this thread too. His response:

I walked out to the boat the same day the picture was taken and Jake doesn't know what the f%$k he's talking about...

I may have to join the board and I don't own a MC! ;)

quincyfirefighter
12-15-2005, 09:17 PM
[threadjack = on]

Hey quincyfirefighter, where do you ski? I used to go to Almanor all the time...beautiful lake, but tends to get rough too early.

[threadjack = off]

:toast:
M-Funf, Your right about Almanor. ;) I live about 45 mins south from there. I ski at a small lake called Buck Lake, 20 mins west from me. Smaller lake but better water for skiing. :cool:

Laurel_Lake_Skier
12-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Wow......and I felt bad for my neighbors when I was at the lake a couple of weeks ago and saw that their dock was still in. The ice there is only 6" or so right now but that's the end of their dock.
They did get their boat.

Hoosier Bob
12-15-2005, 09:20 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM water! Nice backdrop! Around here we just have homes. Nicer lakes down south. I don't know why I can't be the only boater! :D M-Funf, Your right about Almanor. ;) I live about 45 mins south from there. I ski at a small like called Buck Lake, 20 mins west from me. Smaller lake but better water for skiing. :cool:

quincyfirefighter
12-15-2005, 09:35 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM water! Nice backdrop! Around here we just have homes. Nicer lakes down south. I don't know why I can't be the only boater! :D
PG&E owned lake. trust me there are cabins behind me from that shot. But what is nice is we can only build on one side of the lake. other side is wilderness.

Maristar210
12-15-2005, 09:38 PM

I want some..... some of what your drinkin :friday:

Hoosier Bob
12-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Chief! Sounds like a good time for the "cones of silence!" :D

I want some..... some of what your drinkin :friday:

Rockman
12-16-2005, 03:15 PM
So what's the story with this? Is it real or was it Photo-Chopped?

shepherd
12-16-2005, 03:34 PM
OK Shep, wanna bet? You ever see what ice flows do to docks or pilings? I'd expect it to be almost completely covered in snow with only the tower sticking out by Christmas. Maybe Casey & I will go decorate it. :friday:

Errrr :rolleyes: ... no. No bet. I've seen what ice flows can do to docks or pilings. But they are stationary, so the ice breaks them up because they resist the movement. I've seen ice only a few inches thick (about as bad as it got in MD) do that to docks. But if that boat can break free from its mooring, I wouldn't be surprised if it just goes with the flow and someone finds it floating or sitting on the other side of the lake after the thaw.

There are stories of old wooden sailing ships getting caught in the ice flows in the Arctic and coming out OK months later when the ice pack makes its way south and finally melts. Others weren't so lucky though and got broke up. So I'll give that poor little Tige a 50/50 chance.

Keep us posted AJ! I'd really like to see how this turns out :popcorn:

jake
12-16-2005, 04:26 PM
So what's the story with this? Is it real or was it Photo-Chopped?

I wasn't suggesting it was photo shopped. I was just saying it wasn't a foot of ice.

ski_king
12-17-2005, 06:14 PM
that is going to leave a mark!

Rockman
12-19-2005, 03:15 PM
I wasn't suggesting it was photo shopped. I was just saying it wasn't a foot of ice.

I wasn't implying you were suggesting. Just thought that this started out serious and it's really not.

M-Funf
12-19-2005, 03:29 PM
M-Funf, Your right about Almanor. ;) I live about 45 mins south from there. I ski at a small lake called Buck Lake, 20 mins west from me. Smaller lake but better water for skiing. :cool:

I've been there...but not in many years. I almost got arrested in Quincy for stealing my own alternator :eek:

Nice picture!

Any updated pictures of this boat in the ice???

lakes Rick
12-19-2005, 05:30 PM
I've been there...but not in many years. I almost got arrested in Quincy for stealing my own alternator :eek:

Nice picture!

Reminds me of my youth... Working at a gas station in High School.. When something went wrong with my, or a couple of friends cars, we would go "test" drive one at a local car dealer over to the station and swap bad parts with it and return it... Amazing how fast you can work when under pressure like that...

Yes I do feel remorse, and would pay them back, but they are out of business.....

captain planet
12-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Just think about the water that has gotten into the wooden stringers in that boat and is now freezing and breaking up all the fiberglass inside the boat. You think that Tige will still warranty those stringers?

I doubt that it will sink in the spring, there is too much wood in those boats. :D

quincyfirefighter
12-19-2005, 09:43 PM

Nice picture!

OK there has to be a good story to this. give it up ;) I work with alot of these guys (law inforcement) and most of them are great guys. Hope you don't hold that against them or our town :o

M-Funf
12-20-2005, 12:26 PM
OK there has to be a good story to this. give it up ;) I work with alot of these guys (law inforcement) and most of them are great guys. Hope you don't hold that against them or our town :o

Oh, heck no. Looking back on it, it was pretty funny. This was in '85 or '86 when I was in college (23 at the time). I was driving a Dodge Power Wagon up to a party just outside of Taylorsville on Genesee Road. A guy we worked with had a cabin out there and was having a pig roast...anyways...I was headed into Quincy and noticed that my radio lights were getting dim...then, at the north end of town there is a right hand turn just before you head out of town. I had slowed down to stop and it felt like it was going to die, so I pulled over on the left side just after the turn into an open parking lot. It was the 3rd of July (a friday I think). As soon as I stopped, it died. No battery left :( I got my tools and went to work. Got the alternator about half out when a Sheriffs car drove by. I kept working. Once the alternator was out, I wrapped it in a towel and started walking back through town to find a phone. I called the local parts store...and they answered the phone. They were closed, but doing inventory for the next couple of hours, so I could come by (how lucky was I?). After I'm off the phone and walking again, the Sheriff drives up and stops by me. He asks for ID, etc...then starts asking what I was doing to that truck, if it was mine, etc. etc. Then, he says he's going to have to check it out before he can let me go. I get in the back seat, and he takes me to his office to "check things out". About an hour later, he says I can go, but won't drive me back to the parts store. So, I walk to the parts store. The guy who I talked to on the phone asked why it took me so long, and I told him about the Sheriff. He just laughed. I get a new alternator for $35, and the owner of the parts store was kind enough to drive me back to my truck, wait for me to get it put back in, and give me a jump. By about 3PM, I was at the cabin :friday:

jeverett
12-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Is it still there? I'm in Bend not to far away, I gotta go check this out that is the crazyest thing I've seen in a long time. The problem with Diamond Lake is that they don't plow the road around the lake so using a chainsaw and cutting a path to the shore will do you no good unless you can pull it out with a snow mobile or a four wheeler. Bet you could pick it up cheap this summer!

X-45
12-20-2005, 05:03 PM
1. Pray
2. Take picture
3. Drill a hole in the ice.
4. Insert 1/2 inch pipe under boat.
5. Start blowing bubbles, All winter.
6. Pray
7. Take pictures after every storm
8. Post pictures on TM

:popcorn:

Hoosier Bob
12-20-2005, 10:01 PM
I agree the only thing that pic needs is some bubbles and a couple of slimmies in a hot tub! Bubbles in a hot tub full of slimmies would be OK! Maybe a couple of snow babes ice fishing in the pic? Sink her and write it off already!

Leroy
12-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Our Tige friends are active! Remember it's all in fun! ;)

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1703

vegashomeexpert
12-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Not to quick to jump to the rescue, are they?

Leroy
12-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Appear to be spectators. I've seen more interest on this board to go save it!

Farmer Ted
12-21-2005, 11:16 AM
WOW those guys got it lucky over there.

Did you see the prices in their Proshop?

http://www.tigeowners.com/gear.shtml

Leroy
12-21-2005, 11:21 AM
I like reading their site!

Yes, and total for one decal:
Payment For:https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif
Amount:https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif$0.50
USDShipping & Handling:https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif$1.00
USDTotal Amount:https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif$1.50 USD

WOW those guys got it lucky over there.

Did you see the prices in their Proshop?

http://www.tigeowners.com/gear.shtml

quincyfirefighter
12-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Oh, heck no. Looking back on it, it was pretty funny. This was in '85 or '86 when I was in college (23 at the time). I was driving a Dodge Power Wagon up to a party just outside of Taylorsville on Genesee Road. A guy we worked with had a cabin out there and was having a pig roast...anyways...I was headed into Quincy and noticed that my radio lights were getting dim...then, at the north end of town there is a right hand turn just before you head out of town. I had slowed down to stop and it felt like it was going to die, so I pulled over on the left side just after the turn into an open parking lot. It was the 3rd of July (a friday I think). As soon as I stopped, it died. No battery left :( I got my tools and went to work. Got the alternator about half out when a Sheriffs car drove by. I kept working. Once the alternator was out, I wrapped it in a towel and started walking back through town to find a phone. I called the local parts store...and they answered the phone. They were closed, but doing inventory for the next couple of hours, so I could come by (how lucky was I?). After I'm off the phone and walking again, the Sheriff drives up and stops by me. He asks for ID, etc...then starts asking what I was doing to that truck, if it was mine, etc. etc. Then, he says he's going to have to check it out before he can let me go. I get in the back seat, and he takes me to his office to "check things out". About an hour later, he says I can go, but won't drive me back to the parts store. So, I walk to the parts store. The guy who I talked to on the phone asked why it took me so long, and I told him about the Sheriff. He just laughed. I get a new alternator for $35, and the owner of the parts store was kind enough to drive me back to my truck, wait for me to get it put back in, and give me a jump. By about 3PM, I was at the cabin :friday: That's our sheriff dept.Too funny. :o One good thing is you can walk down the streets at night and feel safe. Happy you don't hold it again us. Oh also I think I know the guy that gave you a ride. There are only two parts stores in town and I'm good fiends with both of them and their familys.One store(Plumas Motors Supply) is across the street from the CHP office owners name is Bill. Ed his son runs the store now. The other is in east Quincy, Napa owners name is Steve. Both would come and open up their stores after hours for people all the time.

Kevin 89MC
12-21-2005, 11:24 AM
I liked their "ramp stories". I always get a kick out of reading those! :purplaugh
Kevin

AirJunky
12-21-2005, 01:50 PM
OK, heres an update on the popsicle boat...... and I quote, "on the ice is ice crystals that have formed up to 3 inches thick due to it being so cold, its pretty strange looking. The ice is now 13 inches thick (and for the jacka$$ on the forum that said you can't see through the ice, yes you can still see the bottom of the lake w/ 13 inches of ice), no sign of hull damage so far, the motor cover was froze down, so we could not check the motor out."

I didn't ask if it would start :guitar:

AirJunky
12-21-2005, 01:52 PM
If this baby survives the winter, it's be a testimony for these boats that no manufacturer will ever dispute.

AirJunky
12-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Last one.....

bcampbe7
12-21-2005, 01:54 PM
OK, heres an update on the popsicle boat...... and I quote, "on the ice is ice crystals that have formed up to 3 inches thick due to it being so cold, its pretty strange looking. The ice is now 13 inches thick (and for the jacka$$ on the forum that said you can't see through the ice, yes you can still see the bottom of the lake w/ 13 inches of ice), no sign of hull damage so far, the motor cover was froze down, so we could not check the motor out."

Those are the funniest picture I have seen in a while. :uglyhamme

Danimal
12-21-2005, 01:54 PM

HAHA That is a great picture!!

ski_king
12-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Which one of those guys is the owner?

bigmac
12-21-2005, 02:00 PM
OMG, Leroy HAS to add those to his thread over at Tigeowners.

captain planet
12-21-2005, 02:04 PM
I have been taught not to believe everything that you hear, but it is hard not to believe something when you see it. That picture is toooooo funny. I'm lost for words. I only can say that I am sending these pics to everyone I know.

Leroy
12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
If that is the owner he is sure taking it very well. I could not have fun and set up a couse if my boat were frozen there.

pilot02
12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
With the ice that thick, can't they pop that thing up?

Peachman
12-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Which one of those guys is the owner?

No one pictured is the owner of the boat... I was driving, my two ski buddies were skiing and flagging....

He was around, I don't think he was interested in being part of the fun! :)

JT

Peachman
12-21-2005, 02:16 PM
With the ice that thick, can't they pop that thing up?

Last Saturday when we were taking all the pictures, I suggested to the owner that we cut around the boat with a chain saw, bring two engine hoists down on the ice and lift the boat up. We could pull the boat trailer over and slip it under the boat and pull it over to the launch with an ATV, hook it to a truck and stick it in a heated garage. I even said I would plow the launch... He sounded interested, but I didn't hear from him on Sunday?? :o

JT

Scot
12-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Maybe the owner really thinks it IS a MC and will get if fixed under warranty! No problem! :smile:

captain planet
12-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Last Saturday when we were taking all the pictures, I suggested to the owner that we cut around the boat with a chain saw, bring two engine hoists down on the ice and lift the boat up. We could pull the boat trailer over and slip it under the boat and pull it over to the launch with an ATV, hook it to a truck and stick it in a heated garage. I even said I would plow the launch... He sounded interested, but I didn't hear from him on Sunday?? :o

JT
I am really interested to see what happens to this boat. If you can, keep us updated. Thanks. This is like the best reality show ever, and it ain't even on TV!

MarkP
12-21-2005, 02:35 PM
This is great, (and sad). If that boat is still stuck for Christmas, I would hope someone would have the decency to decorate it.

AirJunky
12-21-2005, 02:49 PM

JT
Hehehe, so Jeff couldn't stay away, huh. Oh well, you aren't the only 'bu owner here! ;)

shepherd
12-21-2005, 03:11 PM
No respect for the dead/dying... :cool:

I guess the owner didn't mind all those characters playing around on his boat? Doesn't the interior upholstery get brittle/fragile when it's that cold?

I must say that Tige' is one handsome boat. I still say it will survive the winter (except the engine is likely broke if it wasn't drained).

captain planet
12-21-2005, 03:43 PM
This is great, (and sad). If that boat is still stuck for Christmas, I would hope someone would have the decency to decorate it.

Yes, I think some garland or a wreath should be hanging from the tower for Christmas. It's only fitting. Maybe get some batter operated lights to light if up for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Maybe some icicle lights hanging from tower....yea that would be a nice touch.

Tom023
12-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Yes, someone please decorate that butt ugly tower!

Peachman
12-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Hehehe, so Jeff couldn't stay away, huh.

Yeah, I couldn't stand it, had to add a comment or two...

Oh well, you aren't the only 'bu owner here! ;)

He he he, you need a couple upstanding boat owners on this site! Just kiddin! 8p

JT

Workin' 4 Toys
12-21-2005, 05:02 PM
That is unbelievable.....And funny too.

3event
12-21-2005, 05:05 PM
This is excellent winter entertainment, thanks to photo contributors!

I don't know how to start a poll, anyone volunteer:

By this spring , BOATSICLE will:

1 Be busted and sunk
2 Be busted and floating, essentially scrap
3 Be floating and recoverable (requiring a serious amount of repairs of course), and therefore a Tige legend

If you sink things like boats and cars in WI, you get a bill from the DNR for removal - as they don't want their pristine lakes contaminated. If you bust your 4x4 thru the ice in winter it gets expensive. So if this thing sinks it will get even more costly.......Keep the photos coming!

PendO
12-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Bill, awesome pics. Drove by Daimond today and it was 34 degrees out, if we get some thaw / freeze cycles it will be interesting to see how it holds up. Can't understand why he didn't take your buddy up on the engine hoist suggestion. If that thing holds up I think Tige will have claims to some pretty damn good construction.

Casey

fskof
12-22-2005, 01:04 AM
WOW! That just makes me sick to my stomach. Ski boats are very expensive. I would rather have seen the boat donated to a family that couldnt afford one. At least they would appreciate it and maintain it properly. The boat deserves better!

So what year and model Tige is that?

jimmer2880
12-22-2005, 10:55 AM
This IS better than anything on TV.... Keep the updates comming! :popcorn:

quincyfirefighter
12-22-2005, 11:18 AM
OK, who wants to run the registration numbers on popsicle boat . I may know someone that could do it for me (maybe) :rolleyes: The guy should handcuffed too his boat for the disrespect he has showed to all boat owners. Makes me sick

captain planet
12-22-2005, 11:26 AM
OK, who wants to run the registration numbers on popsicle boat . I may know someone that could do it for me (maybe) :rolleyes: The guy should handcuffed too his boat for the disrespect he has showed to all boat owners. Makes me sick
Yea, I have to say for as hard as I work to be able to afford my boat and the associated maintenance, it makes me sick to see such a lack of respect for a boat :mad: . Even if it is a Tige. I guess if you have lots of money you can afford to throw away a 15K boat, still makes me mad to see this.

I do have to admit, it is kind of like a train wreck. I can't stop looking at it and wondering what is going to happen.

I wonder if this will get turned into insurance?

shepherd
12-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Whoa, people. It may be "sacrilege" here but let me say it: It's JUST A BOAT. Even if it was a Mastercraft. It's nobody's business how I treat my boat but my own, and I don't really care how you treat yours. It's not like a child is getting abused here.

I think this thread is kind of amusing and I'm just watching to see how it all turns out. :popcorn:

Leroy
12-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Can we have comments from the owner?

PendO
12-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Whoa, people. It may be "sacrilege" here but let me say it: It's JUST A BOAT. Even if it was a Mastercraft. It's nobody's business how I treat my boat but my own, and I don't really care how you treat yours. It's not like a child is getting abused here.

I think this thread is kind of amusing and I'm just watching to see how it all turns out. :popcorn:

Shep, couldn't agree more, if you want to buy a boat and run it over a Dam I don't care ... just show me the video footage:)

MarkP
12-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Shep, couldn't agree more, if you want to buy a boat and run it over a Dam I don't care ... just show me the video footage:)"just show me the video footage" Yep!! Cant wait for spring!:headbang: !

Datdude
12-22-2005, 12:59 PM
I am amazed with the Tige. If you look at the updated pics with the skier-the wake is incredibly flat I wish my MC had a wake like that :uglyhamme

shepherd
12-22-2005, 01:02 PM
And no spray! :headbang:

jmyers
12-22-2005, 02:09 PM
WOW! That just makes me sick to my stomach. Ski boats are very expensive. I would rather have seen the boat donated to a family that couldnt afford one. At least they would appreciate it and maintain it properly. The boat deserves better!

So what year and model Tige is that?
Mabey Ice scuplture? Or Lake art? :(

PendO
12-22-2005, 02:34 PM
I am amazed with the Tige. If you look at the updated pics with the skier-the wake is incredibly flat I wish my MC had a wake like that :uglyhamme

It is good evidence as to why you need a heater and a hot water shower in a boat!

jmyers
12-22-2005, 03:10 PM
It is good evidence as to why you need a heater and a hot water shower in a boat!
Or a defrost button! :rolleyes:

AirJunky
12-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Can we have comments from the owner?
I hear he's a tiny bit embarassed....... just because it has 5700 looks, oh well. :uglyhamme

bigmac
12-22-2005, 03:36 PM
I hear he's a tiny bit embarassed....... just because it has 5700 looks, oh well. :uglyhamme

Any insight into how that happened?

AirJunky
12-22-2005, 03:40 PM
How it happened? I think he just procrastinated to the point that it was too late eventually! I mean he had to have had multiple chances to pull it. If I woke up one day & my boat was in 1/2" of ice, I'd get my @ss out there & start breaking ice to the ramp!

The really funny thing is last night someone emailed me the pics...... just one of those funny things everyone shares with their buddies. This guy lives in Ohio, and I guess he recieved them from his nephew. Just goes to show what a small world we live in!

Leroy
12-22-2005, 03:48 PM
If the motor would start and if the intake is not covered with ICE you could start it and it would make enough warm water out the exhaust to free the boat!

AirJunky
12-22-2005, 03:54 PM
If the motor would start and if the intake is not covered with ICE you could start it and it would make enough warm water out the exhaust to free the boat!
SSSSSssssshhhhhhhhh, that would ruin all the fun! :friday:

Workin' 4 Toys
12-22-2005, 04:15 PM
It would smoke the belt because the frozen water pump won't turn. Oh, not to mention the frozen EVERYTHING ELSE... I want to see pics when it snows good and all thats left is a tower. (Or trail marker!!)

jmyers
12-22-2005, 04:24 PM
It would smoke the belt because the frozen water pump won't turn. Oh, not to mention the frozen EVERYTHING ELSE... I want to see pics when it snows good and all thats left is a tower. (Or trail marker!!)
Thank god it has a tower, at least he can find it and knows it is still there! :eek:

River Rat
12-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Once the snow builds up a snowmobile will come by at 70mph and take the tower off :friday:

pilot02
12-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Once the snow builds up a snowmobile will come by at 70mph and take the tower off :friday:

Ouch! That's gonna hurt!

east tx skier
12-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Actually, if you get enough snow, that'll make a pretty sick ramp for the snowmobile aerials.

PendO
12-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Bill - thank you for this great Christmas gift:) I expect soon to be getting those kind of emails as well, as I have been telling friends, emailing the pic, and posting on other sites ... "You think you're having a bad day, check out this guys boat!" Man its warming up, gonna try and make it to CDA to watch you guys Foil in your Santa Suits on Saturday, my driveway is almost melted!

How it happened? I think he just procrastinated to the point that it was too late eventually! I mean he had to have had multiple chances to pull it. If I woke up one day & my boat was in 1/2" of ice, I'd get my @ss out there & start breaking ice to the ramp!

The really funny thing is last night someone emailed me the pics...... just one of those funny things everyone shares with their buddies. This guy lives in Ohio, and I guess he recieved them from his nephew. Just goes to show what a small world we live in!

Brent
12-22-2005, 06:35 PM
I'd drive a trailer out to it , cut it loose with a chain saw & winch it up on the trailer & drive it to a shop! the ice is thick enough to do it!

Peachman
12-22-2005, 06:39 PM
I'd drive a trailer out to it , cut it loose with a chain saw & winch it up on the trailer & drive it to a shop! the ice is thick enough to do it!

I offered to do just that last Saturday and did not hear from the owner on Sunday?? :mad:

BTW, He's not the type to get embarassed about this kind of screw up... He just chalks it up as an Ooooppps... Like Bill has on the original post.

JT

Brent
12-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Does Insurance cover something like that (the owner did not do his part)? :confused: To me it is equal to me purposely driving my car into a lake & then calling insurance.

Footin
12-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Maybe he should pull the plug and tell the insurance company it sank.

I can't wait to see how this one comes out.

pilot02
12-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Maybe he should pull the plug and tell the insurance company it sank.

I can't wait to see how this one comes out.

I think there's a little too much "evidence" for him to get away with that now.....

Footin
12-22-2005, 09:02 PM
We won't tell.

quincyfirefighter
12-22-2005, 11:12 PM

It has taken 40 years for me to have the cash to get my MC. Guest you had a better life and your boat is not one of your major investments in life like it was to me :mad: but I'm just a public servant. MY BOAT IS NOT JUST A BOAT it is a Mastercraft. If I was to be on your MC I would give it the same respect and care that I give my own boat. When I see something like this no matter what brand of boat it make's me SICK!!!!! Oh ya I have two kids and they both feel the same way. They love their MC too and take the same care of it as I do :headbang:

Leroy
12-22-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm sure you could google this easily now.

I think there's a little too much "evidence" for him to get away with that now.....

shepherd
12-23-2005, 12:41 AM
My point was: A lot of us have more important things to worry about, like our own boats.
I've been around boats of all types all my life. If I got upset every time I saw one that's been badly neglected or abused, I'd have a very unhappy life.

I'm just sitting here enjoying the show :wavey: (and putting in my two cents every once in a while)

PendO
12-23-2005, 01:34 AM
My point was: A lot of us have more important things to worry about, like our own boats.
I've been around boats of all types all my life. If I got upset every time I saw one that's been badly neglected or abused, I'd have a very unhappy life.

I'm just sitting here enjoying the show :wavey: (and putting in my two cents every once in a while)

I think it is funny ... some guy blows money in vegas on a card game, its no different, not my money, not anyone on this boards money ... if it was an MC it would still be funny, if it were a brand new X80 it would still be funny ... it would be sad if the guy had a serious personal reason that did not allow him to get the boat and winterize, however, if someone wants TO START A BON FIRE with a bunch of $100 bills, who the hell am I to tell him to stop, I'd just like to stand around the fire:) [No Pun Intended] okay, maybe just a little :)

quincyfirefighter
12-23-2005, 02:51 AM

Then don't worry about it.Sorry but I have to say that this is the first time that I have seen someone treat their boat like that. and by were you live I don't think you have to worry to much about it. But us that live in the cold country look at it difference!!!!! Bet you don't spend $50.00 to $80.00 dollars a month to keep your boat from freezing.

AirJunky
12-23-2005, 03:22 AM
.................. but I have to say that this is the first time that I have seen someone treat their boat like that.
This is a good one... but nowhere near the worst I've seen.
We pulled a Supra up off the bottom of Sammamish a few years ago. It had sunk in it's slip after a series of rain storms over the course of a couple weeks. The boat couldn't have been but 3 or 4 yrs old. The cover didn't have any supports under it & the boat filled up & went down.

Another time a guy who lived on the lake was screwin around in his PS190, driving like a jetskier, zig zagging all over........his buddy on a big SeaDoo PWC doing the same thing...... spraying each other, playing chicken, etc. At some point the PWC rider smacked the side of the PS190 & flew over the top of the boat. The entire side of the boat was caved in. The boat took a LOT of water on but never even came close to sinking.

OK, last one. Another guy who lived on Sammamish, he's driving in his Hydrodyne in an area we all know never to go because of a sunken forest, dozens of tree tops sticking up, some over the waters surface & some not. He's driving thru at speed & nails one of the trees putting a huge hole in the hull. It's leaking super bad so he figures if he keeps the boat going at speed, it'll keep the boat from taking on water. So he's driving around, leaking like he11, & calls his buddy & tells him to get the trailer & meet him at the ramp, which is like a 20 or 30 min. drive away. The Hydrodyne didn't make it 10 min. Eventually the guy beached it where the stern sank to the bottom.

It really amazes me how some guys treat their stuff. Just about as opposite as can be from some of the people here.

sizzler
12-23-2005, 03:33 AM
BUT..............................if it wasn't for people like this we would have an even longer winter.......

shepherd
12-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Bet you don't spend $50.00 to $80.00 dollars a month to keep your boat from freezing.

$50 to $80 per month??? I guess you're paying for storage? I used to live up north. All it cost me then was about $20 to $30 worth of antifreeze, fogger, and gas stabilizer to winterize my boat, cover it good, and park it in the yard until spring (and occasionally brush the snow off the cover).

Quincy, it's great that you take good care of your boat and teaching your kids right. My father abused his boats like the guy with the Tige on this thread (of course he never owned anything as nice as that Tige or our Mastercrafts). I learned from his example... how NOT to treat your boats. :(

Workin' 4 Toys
12-23-2005, 10:46 AM
You will have me thinking about that next time I'm at the lake races......:eek3:

By the way, what happened to the throw up smilie on the list?

quincyfirefighter
12-23-2005, 10:53 AM
We pulled a Supra up off the bottom of Sammamish a few years ago. It had sunk in it's slip after a series of rain storms over the course of a couple weeks. The boat couldn't have been but 3 or 4 yrs old. The cover didn't have any supports under it & the boat filled up & went down.

Another time a guy who lived on the lake was screwin around in his PS190, driving like a jetskier, zig zagging all over........his buddy on a big SeaDoo PWC doing the same thing...... spraying each other, playing chicken, etc. At some point the PWC rider smacked the side of the PS190 & flew over the top of the boat. The entire side of the boat was caved in. The boat took a LOT of water on but never even came close to sinking.
:
OK, last one. Another guy who lived on Sammamish, he's driving in his Hydrodyne in an area we all know never to go because of a sunken forest, dozens of tree tops sticking up, some over the waters surface & some not. He's driving thru at speed & nails one of the trees putting a huge hole in the hull. It's leaking super bad so he figures if he keeps the boat going at speed, it'll keep the boat from taking on water. So he's driving around, leaking like he11, & calls his buddy & tells him to get the trailer & meet him at the ramp, which is like a 20 or 30 min. drive away. The Hydrodyne didn't make it 10 min. Eventually the guy beached it where the stern sank to the bottom.

It really amazes me how some guys treat their stuff. Just about as opposite as can be from some of the people here.
Some great stories. Makes you wonder what they are thinking about. Guess that is the key word THINK :rolleyes:

quincyfirefighter
12-23-2005, 11:07 AM
$50 to $80 per month??? I guess you're paying for storage? I used to live up north. All it cost me then was about $20 to $30 worth of antifreeze, fogger, and gas stabilizer to winterize my boat, cover it good, and park it in the yard until spring (and occasionally brush the snow off the cover).

Quincy, it's great that you take good care of your boat and teaching your kids right. My father abused his boats like the guy with the Tige on this thread (of course he never owned anything as nice as that Tige or our Mastercrafts). I learned from his example... how NOT to treat your boats. :(
Thanks man :headbang: the boat is in the garage. The $50 to $80 per month is for Heating oil to keep the garage at about 50 degrees. Easier on the upholstery and stereo equitment, Temp's can get down to or below 0 sometimes.

BriEOD
12-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Man I would straight up be crying like a school girl if that was my boat. What a shame. What kind of neighbors are these!! I mean shame on the guy, but c'mon help someone out.

Peachman
12-23-2005, 01:27 PM

I remember a guy on the Spokane River trying to run his MC in about 10 inches of water! He he he... Just kidding Billy! :)
If I remember correctly, you just had to work the prop over.
Glad there was no major damage. :headbang:

JT

AirJunky
12-23-2005, 01:33 PM
I remember a guy on the Spokane River trying to run his MC in about 10 inches of water! He he he... Just kidding Billy! :)
If I remember correctly, you just had to work the prop over.
Glad there was no major damage. :headbang:

JT
Hey now! I might not have had so much trouble if I'd had less weight in the boat & a better navigator! :friday:
Besides, we learned from that experience, didn't we?! And now how many times have we been back?
What are you doin still in town?! If your still here tomorrow, come out & fly with Santa!

Kell
12-23-2005, 02:46 PM
If your still here tomorrow, come out & fly with Santa!

AJ, what time do you anticipate Santa flying? Will he be at Liberty Lake? Is there still ice? I'll be out at Liberty Lake around 4pm Saturday and I'm sure my kids would love to see Santa "flying"? :D

AirJunky
12-23-2005, 03:11 PM
Hey Kell,
Liberty had about 8" of ice on it on Sunday. But the temps have been in the 30s & 40s the last few days so it's probably about gone now. The only time I'm home during the week it's pitch dark so I haven't been able to tell if the lake is liquid or not.

We are hoping to get out on Coeur d'Alene, probably around 11 am at the resort ramp. We'd love to see ya there!

Peachman
12-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Hey now! I might not have had so much trouble if I'd had less weight in the boat & a better navigator! :friday:
Besides, we learned from that experience, didn't we?! And now how many times have we been back?
What are you doin still in town?! If your still here tomorrow, come out & fly with Santa!

Yeah, I suppose we could have kicked the wives out! Duh! ;)

Would love to get out and fly with Santa, we are going to still be in Boise. I have been down to the Nampa Malibu dealer... Dang! It's going to be expensive! :woohoo:

Later,
JT

PendO
12-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I suppose we could have kicked the wives out! Duh! ;)

Would love to get out and fly with Santa, we are going to still be in Boise. I have been down to the Nampa Malibu dealer... Dang! It's going to be expensive! :woohoo:

Later,
JT

Go check out the Boise MC Dealer, it is just across the Street from the Harley Davidson Dealership ... Big Mac would like the proximity!

Workin' 4 Toys
12-26-2005, 04:21 PM
How about an updated picture of this "tige" situation????

PendO
12-26-2005, 06:07 PM
How about an updated picture of this "tige" situation????

It could be close to floating, its been warm here for the past 5 days or so with a bunch of rain ... I'd like an update too:)

erkoehler
12-26-2005, 09:29 PM
It could be close to floating, its been warm here for the past 5 days or so with a bunch of rain ... I'd like an update too:)

Confiscate it!!!!

MarkP
12-26-2005, 09:39 PM
I don’t know about that erk, but it might be an opportunity to get it out:headbang:

Peachman
12-27-2005, 01:00 PM

My wife and I drove over on the ATV's yesterday to take a look, it's still froze in solid. Although it has been raining and warmer, the ice is still very solid. Unfortunantly I forgot my camera... :mad:

JT

skeeler
12-27-2005, 03:54 PM
No wonder my boat insurance premiums are so high.......... :D

ski_500
12-29-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey Kell,
Liberty had about 8" of ice on it on Sunday. But the temps have been in the 30s & 40s the last few days so it's probably about gone now. The only time I'm home during the week it's pitch dark so I haven't been able to tell if the lake is liquid or not.

We are hoping to get out on Coeur d'Alene, probably around 11 am at the resort ramp. We'd love to see ya there!

Bill,
How about posting some pics of the flyin' Santa...

I'm glad someone is still getting out.

Footin
12-29-2005, 10:16 AM
I have seen pictures of the "frozen boat" on some other forums also, I am waiting for someone to have an interview with the owner posted or even better a live web cam on the boat.

shepherd
12-29-2005, 10:27 AM
or even better a live web cam on the boat.

That would be kind of boring, at least until the ice starts breaking up (or some goobers show up and climb all over it and pretend they're skiing behind it ;) )

Footin
12-29-2005, 10:31 AM
That would be kind of boring, at least until the ice starts breaking up (or some goobers show up and climb all over it and pretend they're skiing behind it ;) )

I don't think we could find that big of a goober to play around on the boatsickle.

shepherd
12-29-2005, 10:51 AM
I don't think we could find that big of a goober to play around on the boatsickle.

Really? :cool:

From page 11 of this thread: :D

Leroy
12-29-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm disappointed Peachman! If the Tige is floating in the spring, these pictures could make a great commercial for Tige, ie worth a lot of money$$.

My wife and I drove over on the ATV's yesterday to take a look, it's still froze in solid. Although it has been raining and warmer, the ice is still very solid. Unfortunantly I forgot my camera... :mad:
JT

rick s.
12-29-2005, 02:08 PM
I'd tie a bouy to the tower with about 100 feet of line so come spring they can find the boat.

6ballsisall
12-29-2005, 02:15 PM
Doesn't Tige have a lifetime hull warranty? Wonder if they'd warranty that ;)

jmyers
12-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Doesn't Tige have a lifetime hull warranty? Wonder if they'd warranty that ;)
They have to find it first!! :eek:

AirJunky
12-29-2005, 02:28 PM
We didn't make it out for the Santa run. First time in years. No one enthused about going out in the crap weather. Guess I'll have to head south for Christmas next year.

I kinda doubt that the boatsicle will sink to the bottom like some have thought. Assuming the ice cracks the hull bad enough for it to leak, it'll probably sink to the surface of the water & then stay there. Just too much floatation in it for it to go to the bottom. If the lake freezes again after that, it'll be a complete mess.

quincyfirefighter
01-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Bump. Any up-dates :rolleyes:

Workin' 4 Toys
01-01-2006, 05:14 PM
We didn't make it out for the Santa run. First time in years. No one enthused about going out in the crap weather. Guess I'll have to head south for Christmas next year.

I kinda doubt that the boatsicle will sink to the bottom like some have thought. Assuming the ice cracks the hull bad enough for it to leak, it'll probably sink to the surface of the water & then stay there. Just too much floatation in it for it to go to the bottom. If the lake freezes again after that, it'll be a complete mess.
I wonder if it would roll over.....

captain planet
01-03-2006, 01:36 PM
Alright, I'm starting to wonder. It has been above freezing in Ohio for well over a week, what are the conditions at the 'popsicle boat'? Any thawing going on?

AirJunky
01-03-2006, 02:42 PM
It's warmed way up. Latest report is the ice is still several inches thick, but the slush & water on top of it is 2 or 3 inches deep. No pic updates but I'll see what I can do.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-03-2006, 04:30 PM
That thaw should split that block open nicely.... Might get lucky and get her to POP up and loose if the lake heaves... Could make for some good pics...

captain planet
01-04-2006, 02:46 PM
If that happens, I think a video documentary of the rescue effort is only appropriate.

milkmania
01-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I still find the whole deal totally absurd & uncalled for:mad:

I've heard mentioned a new boat, I'd find it difficult as an adjuster to not stamp
that claim "NEGLECT claim denied" http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/denied.jpg

flipper
01-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Is it possible that he is a member of the huge club of the 'MORE MONEY THAN BRAINS"?

milkmania
01-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Is it possible that he is a member of the huge club of the 'MORE MONEY THAN BRAINS"?

more likely a member of the "EUWTDA"

Eat Up With The Dumb A$$:eek:

MarkP
01-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Any new photos??

Leroy
01-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Really want to see more myself!

River Rat
01-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Dang every time I see this on the front page I can't click fast enough to see some new pictures :cry: I'd go take some but it might take me awhile to get there

erkoehler
01-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Dang every time I see this on the front page I can't click fast enough to see some new pictures :cry: I'd go take some but it might take me awhile to get there

I got that same problem!

BriEOD
01-08-2006, 09:24 AM
This thread makes me sick. :o

Peachman
01-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Latest Update:

Sorry no photo's...

This weekend we pulled the cover again to see how the inside condition was holding. The boat has about 2 inches of water above the carpet line. We bucketed it out and it just filled back up. We concluded the exhaust pipes have froze and broke allowing water to run into the boat. At this time the ice is holding the boat up and not allowing it to sink. Upon lifting the engine cover, all the freeze/soft plugs have popped, obviously the motor is trash... :mad:

Next weekend if it's still above water, we are going to cut a 2 foot path to the shore and winch it over to a dolly that the owner has for a rail/track system that he has not used. We figure it will at least be out of the water and we will not have gas and oil draining into the lake if it were to sink.

At this point I'm as frusterated as everyone else, I offered to pull it out (as I have done the past serveral years) two weeks before the lake froze over and he said "no, we still have time"...

I'll let you know what happens after next weekend.

JT

ntidsl
01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
what kind of lazy butt is this guy!!! On top of not caring for the boat, he doesn't care about the environment of the lake where he obviously does his boating!!! Every dealer and insurance agency in his area should be made aware of the whole situation!!!

And then someone should kick his lazy butt...

ntidsl
01-09-2006, 02:00 PM
everyone probably has a brother in law like this guy though...what is it about brother in laws!!!

ntidsl
01-09-2006, 02:01 PM
has anyone checked the tige forum lately to see if they have any new photos?

MarkP
01-09-2006, 02:02 PM
How sad. Sorry to hear that all..

jraben8
01-09-2006, 02:03 PM
This hurts so much but I keep looking... I guess it's no different than a slow motion train wreck.

ntidsl
01-09-2006, 02:05 PM
dude..do you have videos or pictures of a slow motion train wreck??? postem man!!!

vegashomeexpert
01-09-2006, 02:13 PM
How do you spell "naucious"? :cry:

ntidsl
01-09-2006, 02:15 PM
I've tried to type that word too...I ended up using sick...cause I couldn't figure it out!!

BriEOD
01-09-2006, 02:17 PM
What a butt-head. :mad:

Leroy
01-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Tige guys took one attempt at a photochop. I get email notification anytime a person replies to this thread. Very slow.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1703

bcampbe7
01-09-2006, 02:26 PM
What a butt-head. :mad:

Ditto...
Nice avatar BTW. :D

erkoehler
01-09-2006, 02:30 PM
So, will it sink or simply float at the water line?

milkmania
01-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Latest Update:

Sorry no photo's...

This weekend we pulled the cover again to see how the inside condition was holding. The boat has about 2 inches of water above the carpet line. We bucketed it out and it just filled back up. We concluded the exhaust pipes have froze and broke allowing water to run into the boat. At this time the ice is holding the boat up and not allowing it to sink. Upon lifting the engine cover, all the freeze/soft plugs have popped, obviously the motor is trash... :mad:

Next weekend if it's still above water, we are going to cut a 2 foot path to the shore and winch it over to a dolly that the owner has for a rail/track system that he has not used. We figure it will at least be out of the water and we will not have gas and oil draining into the lake if it were to sink.

At this point I'm as frusterated as everyone else, I offered to pull it out (as I have done the past serveral years) two weeks before the lake froze over and he said "no, we still have time"...

I'll let you know what happens after next weekend.

JT

the thing that sticks out in my mind, is what you are saying about the gas & oil draining into the lake.
My December Popular Mechanics had an article regarding Hazardous Waste Disposal...
their claim it takes only 1 gal. of improperly disposed oil to contaminate a million gallons of groundwater.

Good Article!

I've got the 4 pages of the article saved in .pdf format, but it's 448k...
see attachment

Peachman
01-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Good read Milkmania,

Pollution/contamination is my concern. We live on the lake and I really don't want to see a gas/oil slick come spring...

JT

erkoehler
01-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Good read Milkmania,

Pollution/contamination is my concern. We live on the lake and I really don't want to see a gas/oil slick come spring...

JT

If I were closer, I would be out there helping you. Up in N. WI where we ski/snowmobile if your boat or sled goes down there is a daily fine that is charged to you. And let me tell you, you will make DAMN sure that you get it pulled out of the water ASAP. Usually the same day.

milkmania
01-09-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm going to give that article it's own thread, for those that don't come to the oooppppssss thread:)

east tx skier
01-09-2006, 02:51 PM
It's nausea/nauseous/nauseated.

milkmania
01-09-2006, 02:53 PM

yes, it is
http://www.high5youth.com/images/h5y-pic22.jpg

:purplaugh

BriEOD
01-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Leave it to the English major to correct those murdering the Queen's English.

east tx skier
01-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey, somebody asked. I wasn't just blindly correcting. And I did check the dictionary as nauseous looked sort of funny to me when I typed it.

BriEOD
01-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Hey I was criticizing, only stating the obvious. Don't get all defensive on me! 8p

Farmer Ted
01-09-2006, 03:05 PM
he was probably thinking raucous?

milkmania
01-09-2006, 03:05 PM
......it's gonna be a long winter:(

BriEOD
01-09-2006, 03:07 PM
......it's gonna be a long winter:(
Not for me ... moving to Florida bay-bee!!

RexDog1
01-09-2006, 03:13 PM
yes, it is
http://www.high5youth.com/images/h5y-pic22.jpg

:purplaugh

I like how threads go from a boat in the ice to NAUSEA

It is going to be a long winter, but I love it :uglyhamme

Peachman
01-09-2006, 03:22 PM
If I were closer, I would be out there helping you. Up in N. WI where we ski/snowmobile if your boat or sled goes down there is a daily fine that is charged to you. And let me tell you, you will make DAMN sure that you get it pulled out of the water ASAP. Usually the same day.

I appreciate it... I figure four guys and we should be good. The hardest part will be moving the dolly from the opposite side of the dock (this is where the muscle and 4 guys will come in) to the side where we can pull the boat easily. The winch will hopefully do most of the work once the dolly is positioned...

The worst part is the fact that with all the warm weather we have had, the ice has thawed so there is about 10 ft. of open water before the ice starts. Making this all drysuit work... :(

JT

erkoehler
01-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Have fun, be safe, and take lots of pictures!!!!

shepherd
01-09-2006, 04:59 PM
The worst part is the fact that with all the warm weather we have had, the ice has thawed so there is about 10 ft. of open water before the ice starts. Making this all drysuit work... :(

JT

Didn't you say the ice was holding the boat up? What will happen when you move it off the ice? Maybe I'm missing something. Anyways, good luck and be safe. This operation definitely calls for some photos!

PendO
01-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Peach?

Why not call the fire department or the Sheriff's department and get them to haul it out and send the J/A a bill. I still think it is funny, but not to the extent that it may now pollute your water (definitely not cool).

If you try and "pull" it out I would be concerned with the owner coming back at you for doing "damage" to it, whereas if the fire department, or some govt' entity trashes the thing yanking it out they are protected.

Casey

shepherd
01-09-2006, 05:06 PM
If you try and "pull" it out I would be concerned with the owner coming back at you for doing "damage" to it, whereas if the fire department, or some govt' entity trashes the thing yanking it out they are protected.

Casey

Very good point PendO. If this guy is an a-hole, he might decide to sue you guys if the boat is damaged when it is pulled from the lake. You might be better off letting the authorities handle it.

twieder
01-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Very good point PendO. If this guy is an a-hole, he might decide to sue you guys if the boat is damaged when it is pulled from the lake. You might be better off letting the authorities handle it.
At least make him sign somethin releasing you from all responsibility for damages, or call a wrecker service.At least a buisness has lyability (sp.) insurance.

quincyfirefighter
01-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Peach?

Why not call the fire department or the Sheriff's department and get them to haul it out and send the J/A a bill. I still think it is funny, but not to the extent that it may now pollute your water (definitely not cool).

Casey
Come on Man leave the Fire Dept. out of it. ;) Tying up that amount of resources to pull this jerks boat out of the water would not be right. What if they had a real Fire call and people where in danger. I would be all for the Sheriff's office making a call to this guys house and left him know that he should get his butt out there and suck out all oil & antifreeze or fines would be levied :firejump:

vegashomeexpert
01-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks! Just one more reason to have a spell checker.

BriEOD
01-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Someone call the EPA. They will light that dude up!

Workin' 4 Toys
01-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Perfect, for the next time I play scrabble....

Workin' 4 Toys
01-10-2006, 12:00 AM
I appreciate it... I figure four guys and we should be good. The hardest part will be moving the dolly from the opposite side of the dock (this is where the muscle and 4 guys will come in) to the side where we can pull the boat easily. The winch will hopefully do most of the work once the dolly is positioned...

JT
Pictures, pictures, pictures please.... Post 'em.

erkoehler
01-10-2006, 01:05 AM
I thought he said he knew the owner, but if not definetly get him to sign a waiver releasing you from all liability.

PendO
01-10-2006, 02:09 AM
Come on Man leave the Fire Dept. out of it. ;) Tying up that amount of resources to pull this jerks boat out of the water would not be right. What if they had a real Fire call and people where in danger. I would be all for the Sheriff's office making a call to this guys house and left him know that he should get his butt out there and suck out all oil & antifreeze or fines would be levied :firejump:

There is a fire dept. right next to the lake, I'll bet some of the volunteer FF's would just hook up a 4wd and yank it out! Plus, they probably would get to charge the guy and throw one hell of a pizza/beer party!

quincyfirefighter
01-10-2006, 11:07 AM
There is a fire dept. right next to the lake, I'll bet some of the volunteer FF's would just hook up a 4wd and yank it out! Plus, they probably would get to charge the guy and throw one hell of a pizza/beer party!Sounds like that would be fun. Like a old fashion Truck Pull :D Just remember Fire depts. and Firefighters can be sued for undo damage and neglect. :firejump:

Maristar210
01-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Shouldn't this boat be drained of all its fluids.... oooh jeeeez I don't know like ......

Right now!! Before this decides to sink. Someone should be out there with a pump of some kind removing all of the fluids ASAP.
The down side is disasterous (didn't even have to look it up eastie).

-OR- Have a tow truck drag that f-ing boat off your lake, today. You can't tell me a big rig tow truck with a long cable could not drag that boat off the lake. It sounds to me like there is little to salvage at this point anyway.

As far as "damage" goes call your local EPA authority or Department of Natural Resources and explain the situation to them. Then the only "damage" that will be considered is to this moron's and I do sincerely mean moron's check book.

I'm OUT - Steve

Peachman
01-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Didn't you say the ice was holding the boat up? What will happen when you move it off the ice? Maybe I'm missing something. Anyways, good luck and be safe. This operation definitely calls for some photos!

We are going to cut a 18" to 24" path that will lead directly to the boat dolly. Hook a winch to the boat and pull it to shore. The ice will keep it from sinking. Once we have it to the dolly, it will be pulled up and completly out of the water.

Hope that explains it better.

JT

Peachman
01-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Peach?

Casey

He he he,

You have a point, and since my bride is the Executive assistant to the Sheriff I could probably get them involved pretty easy.

The owner and I are good friends (as hard as that is to say given the situation) so I'm not worried about him coming back for damages... The boat is pretty well screwed anyway... :o If we get it out of the water, at least the hull and interior will be salvagable, so for the price of a motor, someone could be into a ski boat pretty cheap. I'm pretty sure the owner will buy a new boat...

As you mentioned, we are concerned about water quality and pollution or we would probably just see what mother nature deals out...

JT

Peachman
01-10-2006, 02:05 PM
There is a fire dept. right next to the lake, I'll bet some of the volunteer FF's would just hook up a 4wd and yank it out! Plus, they probably would get to charge the guy and throw one hell of a pizza/beer party!

My ski buddy (not the owner) has a killer winch on his truck, we can't get the truck down to the water, so we will use a snach/block off a tree at the water so we can get the right angle on the boat. The truck will be about 70 feet up in the driveway with the cable ran down to the snach/block and to the boat.

No question it's going to be interesting! :eek:

JT
After we get it out of the water --> :friday:

Peachman
01-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Shouldn't this boat be drained of all its fluids.... oooh jeeeez I don't know like ......

-OR- Have a tow truck drag that f-ing boat off your lake, today. You can't tell me a big rig tow truck with a long cable could not drag that boat off the lake. It sounds to me like there is little to salvage at this point anyway.

I'm OUT - Steve

We are planning to drain the gas tank and motor... Unfortuntely no one has a day off this week so it will wait till Saturday.

Your option two sounds like fun, however we would like to salvage the hull and running gear if possible. Draging it over the ice would definitely hose the undercarage...

JT