PDA

View Full Version : Carburetor Size?

wesgardner
09-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Hey All,

I took what I thought was a pretty careful look at my carb. last night and the only thing I could see on it was "Holley" and some REALLY small text that are patent numbers...

How can I determine what dual pumper I have? I've been to the Holley web site and they list some model numbers and have some images of various carbs but I could find no number on mine....

I need to get a new choke mechanism as the sorta brownish colored plastic arm that appears to operate the choke plate apparently broke so I'm assuming that's part of my hard to cold-start issues...

Wes

H20skeefreek
09-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Hey All,

I took what I thought was a pretty careful look at my carb. last night and the only thing I could see on it was "Holley" and some REALLY small text that are patent numbers...

How can I determine what dual pumper I have? I've been to the Holley web site and they list some model numbers and have some images of various carbs but I could find no number on mine....

I need to get a new choke mechanism as the sorta brownish colored plastic arm that appears to operate the choke plate apparently broke so I'm assuming that's part of my hard to cold-start issues...

Wes

www.skidim.com

it's probably a holley 4160, but i'm not sure if thats what was on the 454's. Vince or Richard will know.

MarkP
09-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Wes I would call Summit. I think they may be able o help with Identifying your part??

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=esearch.asp&N=110&Ntk=KeywordSearch&Ntt=choke

Good luck:toast:

east tx skier
09-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Those skidim guys may be able to tell you off the top of their heads.

wesgardner
09-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey All,

The skiDIM folks told me where to look on the carb. so I'm headed that way...have a great weekend all....

Wes

east tx skier
09-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Glad they could help. Have a great weekend.

H20skeefreek
09-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Hey All,

The skiDIM folks told me where to look on the carb. so I'm headed that way...have a great weekend all....

Wes

they must have changed things. I was looking at my owners manual, and in '85 the 454's were running rochester quadrajets.