PDA

View Full Version : HELP needed to find Parts diagram?

ant996
12-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know of where i can down load or view a parts diagram for my pro star 190 1993?
I need to order some parts and it would help if i could find the correct name for the part and the part number.

thanks ant

Jorski
12-17-2005, 10:08 PM
For the boat or the engine ?

Tom023
12-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately I don't think you will find a source. I've needed several parts and my dealer indicated they don't even have the ability to look them up in many cases. They fax a description to MC and get a part number in return. Good luck.

stumbledog
12-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know of where i can down load or view a parts diagram for my pro star 190 1993?
I need to order some parts and it would help if i could find the correct name for the part and the part number.

thanks ant

I have yet to find this info myself. But if you do, let me know........I just purchased a '93 190 this summer. I might be able to help you with some questions. I have worked through a few problems with this boat already.

You can always ask the group a question or use the search feature. I have found everything I needed to know thus far, right here. This is great bunch of people who are very willing to help :friday:

bigmac
12-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Unfortunately I don't think you will find a source. I've needed several parts and my dealer indicated they don't even have the ability to look them up in many cases. They fax a description to MC and get a part number in return. Good luck.

:rant:

Yeah, it's truly a bizarre system, IMHO. I wonder why a company that touts itself as being so customer-oriented does it that way?

I have a lot of motorized toys and vehicles - snowmobiles, quads, motorcycles, tractors, other boats. I have service and parts manuals for ALL of them. If I need to order a part, I look it up and call the dealer.

Jeez, Yamaha has their parts manual microfiches (exploded view) for all of their products ONLINE on their website, for cryin' out loud. Honda has the same, plus a huge variety of maintenance techniques and procedures online. Harley Davidson advertises their parts and service manuals to the consumer incessantly, just like every other overpriced chrome doo-dad they sell. If I need to work on my John Deere tractor, the parts diagrams are all right there online. This online parts and service ability is so common that I often take my laptop out to the workshop when I'm out there. Not my MasterCraft. I read in the owner's manual that it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to check the transmission cooler BEFORE EVERY USE or it MAY VOID MY WARRANTY, but the only info I had to go on the first time I diligently tried to do that was the grainy, 2x2 inch black and white photo of it (in a direct drive) in the owner's manual that covers every boat and engine they make except the X-80.

With MasterCraft, even the DEALERS struggle occasionally with parts manuals and service procedures. There's practically a Yamaha dealer on every corner, but I can avoid the minimal hassle of taking my 400EX to them for service because I can look it up in my little library, or log onto the manuals. Most states have ONE MasterCraft dealer (average of 2 per state), so that means in a lot of those situations I have to take the boat out of the lift, put it on the trailer, drive it a long way to the dealer, drive home, wait for him to look at it, fix it (at $90/hour shop rate), then find time to pick it back up, put it in the water etc etc etc.

/rant

Sorry...I'll sit down now...

88 PS190
12-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Advantage is that boats and their engines are so simple to deal with that its almost silly.

Its about networking i guess though, one of my fathers patients ends up being a factory trained velvet drive tech. so that's an excellent resource, and interesting to hear about things such as Velvet drive knowing that their trannies had bad tolerences, or improperly machined faces to wear surfaces, and how over the years the specs changed, so that now a properly rebuilt tranny is far superior to the product the factory sold.

Really these boats are quite simple, though i agree some parts can be a bit of a pain to find, including those plates that hold the rocker switches on the late 80's Prostars.

ant996
01-09-2006, 12:39 PM
hi, im after a diagram for the engine,exhaust system & drive chain(gearbox)

east tx skier
01-09-2006, 12:54 PM
Skidim has exploded diagrams of the Indmar Ford in its catalog (not sure if their copy has part numbers or not). You could email them through their site.

www.skidim.com

78skier
02-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Have you tried e-mailing MASTERCRAFT I have a 1978 stars and strips I wanted some info and the e-mailed me what I asked for such as the oners manual I don't know but they might send it to you. Best of luck.