PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powell photo experiment...

vegashomeexpert
12-10-2005, 09:34 PM
This is a link to a presentation I put together after our last Lake Powell trip. First time doing this and it is still a work in progress. You have to download a viewer (automatically prompted to do so). The only people that have seen this are the ones that were there. Curious to get feedback from third parties to see if you get the "flavor" of the trip.
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalbum.html?bm=87530

pilot02
12-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Nice slide show. Looks like all had a great time... :woohoo:

Holtrodj
12-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Need more pictures of MCs and less of the blowup doll. Otherwise, looks fun!

milkmania
12-10-2005, 10:16 PM

now I gotta go look

JimN
12-11-2005, 12:35 AM
How much to rent the houseboat?

Leroy
12-11-2005, 01:15 AM
My complaint is I don't like sites that down load stuff into my PC. I did try and the install failed.

vegashomeexpert
12-11-2005, 11:26 AM
My complaint is I don't like sites that down load stuff into my PC. I did try and the install failed.
Yeah, that is a drawback to having it on the net. I put it on DVD and gave everyone a copy at our "afterparty". What I uploaded is supposed to be "executable" from the web but it turns out it is not totally "execuatable".

vegashomeexpert
12-11-2005, 11:30 AM
How much to rent the houseboat?
That was the maden voyage of that particular houseboat; 70' Mellinium. For 7 days it was $7995 + Arizona tax + insurance + early boarding (we got to load the night before and 12 people slept on it). total was $9100. They did give us $400 in gas because we had to properly break the motors in.

vegashomeexpert
12-11-2005, 11:34 AM
It was THIS trip that made me go get a Mastercraft. As you can see, there were none in our party. There was someone in our bay with an X45 towing all day (and night). I decided I had to get me one of those (until I saw the sticker). Settled on a slightly used X30, so, next year there will be a MC in the Pics! The blowup doll was named Sweetie Pie. Lost in a campfire accident the last night. We all miss her!

x2stew
12-11-2005, 12:15 PM
great slideshow vegashomeexpert, whats song did you use as your background music? It couldn't fit any better :)

vegashomeexpert
12-11-2005, 12:18 PM
great slideshow vegashomeexpert, whats song did you use as your background music? It couldn't fit any better :)
Redneck Yacht Club is the first one. Don't remember who the artist is. We were playing XM while bbq'ing on the front deck while we were there and it came on. We thought, Holy S**t, thats us! Tried to fit the pictures with the words.

costal190
12-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Great Slide Show, Really Enjoyes!

milkmania
12-11-2005, 01:02 PM
That was the maden voyage of that particular houseboat; 70' Mellinium. For 7 days it was $7995 + Arizona tax + insurance + early boarding (we got to load the night before and 12 people slept on it). total was $9100. They did give us $400 in gas because we had to properly break the motors in.

how many people/families did you break that up into? did you rent the PWC's also?

looks like good times were had..... I could always tell when the dancing would start..... it got dark!

too bad my family is too conservative (anal) to get out and party like that... (read: I'm jealous)

milkmania
12-11-2005, 03:19 PM
vegashomeexpert,

there were a couple of pretty good sized ol' boys on wakeboards....
can you tell me more about their boards & bindings?

vegashomeexpert
12-11-2005, 04:12 PM
how many people/families did you break that up into? did you rent the PWC's also?

looks like good times were had..... I could always tell when the dancing would start..... it got dark!

too bad my family is too conservative (anal) to get out and party like that... (read: I'm jealous)
The costs: $500/ adult $100/ kid for the whole week. That included gas, ice, food and the houseboat. The houseboat is mainly for cooking, latrine usage, storage, and partying! The regulars tend to prefer tents. Usually have around 30 people go. These started out as 4 day, then 5 day, now 7 day trips. You would think that many people would start getting on each others nerves by the end. Never happens. Everybody wants to stay longer! Best & cheapest vacation of the year! Yes, the PWC's were rentals that two of the guys brought. They had so much fun on the trip they went out and bought the turbo versions when we got back and wanted to pay for next year before we left the marina to go home!

vegashomeexpert
12-11-2005, 04:21 PM
vegashomeexpert,

there were a couple of pretty good sized ol' boys on wakeboards....
can you tell me more about their boards & bindings?
Ah, that picture would be of Richie. He lives on a lake in Texas (do all Texans live on lakes?). Flew to Vegas and came on the trip with his brother. He is a big boy and rode whatever was available. I think he was on a Hyperlite "essance 131" there (my daughters board) with blindside convertable bindings. He also rode a hyperlite "146 element". He said he liked my daughters 131 better! He tried some flips but didn't land anything. He is also the guy jumping off the cliff at the end. We estimate about 125 feet. He didn't stick the landing and was pretty sore the last 2 days. He is lucky to be alive. Cliff jumping is the number 1 cause of death at Lake Powell. Not from people hitting things in the water, but from people hitting the water. Told him he has to sign a notorized statement saying he won't cliff jump if he is to come back.

milkmania
12-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Ah, that picture would be of Richie. He lives on a lake in Texas (do all Texans live on lakes?). Flew to Vegas and came on the trip with his brother. He is a big boy and rode whatever was available. I think he was on a Hyperlite "essance 131" there (my daughters board) with blindside convertable bindings. He also rode a hyperlite "146 element". He said he liked my daughters 131 better! He tried some flips but didn't land anything. He is also the guy jumping off the cliff at the end. We estimate about 125 feet. He didn't stick the landing and was pretty sore the last 2 days. He is lucky to be alive. Cliff jumping is the number 1 cause of death at Lake Powell. Not from people hitting things in the water, but from people hitting the water. Told him he has to sign a notorized statement saying he won't cliff jump if he is to come back.

he's way too big an ol' boy to be cliff diving/jumping.....
sure could have ended tragically

thanks for the info

mastercraft1995
12-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Your slide show is pretty cool. It looks like you guys had a great trip.

SteveO
12-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Looks like an awesome time. Man do I miss Summer.

vegashomeexpert
12-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Your slide show is pretty cool. It looks like you guys had a great trip.
It is an awesome trip! Did I mention the meals are planned by a gourmet chef? She is the lady in the cowboy hat slicing the chateau breon. Have had seared ahi, lobster, salmon steaks. Can't wait for next year!

mitch
12-14-2005, 10:04 AM

I'm w/ you Leroy!

""What should I do when Internet Explorer blocks the installation of an ActiveX control?

You should always be cautious about allowing Web sites to run ActiveX controls on your computer. If an ActiveX control is not essential to your computer activity, try to avoid installing it.""