PDA

View Full Version : Italy "Lake Gada"

Steve UK-ITALY
12-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Hi.

I've just bought a Mastercraft boat that we will be using on Lake Garda, Northern Italy.

Can anyone tell me if there are any Mastercraft dealers in the area or reccomend a boatyard for servicing.

Have only noticed 1 other mastercraft on the lake.

Steve

east tx skier
12-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Welcome! Better let me come on over and have a look, just to be on the safe side. ;) Let's see some pictures!

sizzler
12-12-2005, 05:25 AM
steve..is it the black and yellow one????

sizzler
12-12-2005, 05:31 AM
this one

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=108980#post108980

Steve UK-ITALY
12-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi Sizzler.

Yea that's the one.

Your photo looks like it was taken at skiboatzone at Oxford. Possibly on there open day.

Did you have a ride out on it ?

Cheers

steve

sizzler
12-12-2005, 11:45 AM
i did steve....and i must say its a fantastic boat....loved it...

lake garda eh???? you lucky bu99er......if you need an extra crew member ,let me know......i'll crew......or i'll bring my X9 out as a tender :D

look back in the thread..theres another photo of it that i took at the open day.........

welcome to the board....we need more from this sceptered isle

Steve UK-ITALY
12-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi Sizzler.

Could give you a shout in the summer when the season starts again.

Lake Garda is lovely. Early on and late in the season it is very quiet. The Italians only go to the lake for a few months of the year so the rest of the time it is V quiet.

We are v pleased with the boat and looking forward to getting to use it. Not sure about fuel economy yet. Lovely to drive with the twin engines.

If you fancy bringing your own boat out for a week or two we can keep you right with where to launch, local bylaws, etc etc. We have some accomodation options as well we can help you with.

Steve

Diesel
12-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Just googled................................. very nice looking place. Kind of has that Tahoe look to it. Boating in Italy is on my lifelong list of things to do before I die...............hopefully in a vintage Riva. :)

http://www.lagodigarda.it/images/cartina4.jpg

PendO
12-12-2005, 04:03 PM
We are v pleased with the boat and looking forward to getting to use it. Not sure about fuel economy yet.

Steve

A wise man once said "If you can afford the boat, you can afford the fuel"

PendO
12-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Forgot to say congrats ... that is one Helluva sweet boat ... glad to hear you got the twin screws, please post tons of pics in this thread and in the swimsuit thread:)

roddydog
12-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS PICS PICS. And oh yea I COMIN OVER! :headbang:

sizzler
12-13-2005, 05:31 AM
steve...mark at oxford has just converted mine to LPG......not tried it out yet,hope to this weekend.....mine was expensive to run on petrol and i can only imagine how dear yours will be with 2 MCX 's......the system was developed by the McClaren racing team and is very good ........

i would love to come over to one of those lakes...perhaps i'll hook it up to the car and cross the Alps......

have you taken it out there yet ..or is it still in the UK????

sizzler
12-13-2005, 05:38 AM
oh ....where abouts are you on the lake???

and dont say " on the water" :cool:

baedriver
12-15-2005, 08:30 PM
the black and yellow that is one of my favorite color combos. NICE PICS!

baedriver
12-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Where is that lake in relation in Lucca (I think that is how you spell it) my family still has a house where my mom was born in vico which is northern Italy. (also not sure if the spelling is correct). They go once a year and now I am thinking i might need to go to again.

M-Funf
01-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Boating in Italy is on my lifelong list of things to do before I die...............hopefully in a vintage Riva. :)

Last July I stayed at Lake Como for a week. We took a boat tour of Garda one day while we were there. I didn't see any MC's, but did see quite a few Riva's and other nice boats. This is a friend of mine at Tahoe:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid179/p8b849b78a8913642dce120ac7c53ba80/f31147c2.jpg

And here's the boat I was riding in that day...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid179/p676c4ae6e12d4a531cf27f724034139b/f3114cec.jpg

:toast:

Steve UK-ITALY
06-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Just had last week out on the Lake.

Noticed a couple of other Mastercrafts moored up in San Felice.

Do the owners come on this site. Drop me an email if your a fellow Lake Garda user.

I would be interested to know who you use for servicing and repairs.

Steve

X80driver@hotmail.com

Steve UK-ITALY
06-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Sorry. Posted my posting in the wrong thread

mark g
06-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Italy seems to be buzzing this year, we are heading over to lake maggiore for 17 days in august we've got a whole crowd going over, mastercrafts galore, a nau, naut,naut,
another brand of boat, cant bring myself to mention the name,and a couple of outboards all meeting up should be a good ol knees up.
just getting all the paper work sorted out now.

steve as sizzler said about the lpg you really make massive savings on lpg against petrol, also i hear lpg is readilly available over in italy.The guy we are staying with in itay is over there next week scouting out the filling stations for me.

mark