PDA

View Full Version : Nursery Decor

loeweb
12-08-2005, 03:02 PM
It's been a while since I have checked this sight. So long that I have recently found out that my wife and I are pregnant with our first baby boy. I am very excited and anxious to finish up the nursery. The walls are painted in an abstract mural of a lake and the horizon, and we have since decided to go with a waterskiing/ outdoors theme for something a little different. I have purchased a couple of ski buoys to put on the floor and am considering making another marker buoy (no swim, no wake) as a lamp. Any other ideas from anyone?

M-Funf
12-08-2005, 03:17 PM
You could make a mobile using a ski handle with a short lead of rope to hang it from...

How about a teak swim deck cover to the toy box? Or mount it to the wall as a changing table? You could paint the back of the MC on the wall behind it so it looks like your on the back of the boat...

:toast:

shepherd
12-08-2005, 03:26 PM
sounds like a good project for Monster House -- the watersports house

Is that show still on TV? Haven't seen it in a while.

east tx skier
12-08-2005, 03:29 PM
You could make a mobile using a ski handle with a short lead of rope to hang it from...

How about a teak swim deck cover to the toy box? Or mount it to the wall as a changing table? You could paint the back of the MC on the wall behind it so it looks like your on the back of the boat...

:toast:

You beat me to it with the teak changing table.

You could make the toy box out of an engine cover (clam shell design).

I'd say a mobile out of a propeller, but too much risk of it falling.

milkmania
12-08-2005, 03:54 PM
sounds like a good project for Monster House -- the watersports house

hehe,

you said watersports;)

shepherd
12-08-2005, 04:18 PM
hehe,

you said watersports;)

??????? :confused: ?????????

ohhh, hehehehe, yeah, watersports hehehehe :uglyhamme

BuoyChaser
12-08-2005, 04:18 PM
you just gave me the best idea for our future nursery...not that we have any buns in the oven yet, but can start preparing!!!

gotta see some pics loeweb, PLEASE SHARE!!!

east tx skier
12-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Just trying something here.

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/alles_moegliche/mixed-smiley-002.gif]

Awesome, it's taken me forever to figure out how to do this. Of course, now I need to go get the right one.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Isnt standard decor for nursureys stuff like ducklings and bunnies? :confused: I dont know really know, I never had any kids.....children scare me.

jimmer2880
12-08-2005, 07:14 PM
It sounds awesome! You'd better get some pic's posted after it's done. Or - heck... we'll take "in progress" shots.

How about cutting some racket-balls in half, painting them orange & putting them on the wall as part of a 3d slalom course?

BuoyChaser
12-08-2005, 09:09 PM
It sounds awesome! You'd better get some pic's posted after it's done. Or - heck... we'll take "in progress" shots.

How about cutting some racket-balls in half, painting them orange & putting them on the wall as part of a 3d slalom course?

jimmer, great idea on the racket balls, HMMMMmmm, might have to do the bar setup with the 3d slalom balls...now getting them in the right proportion would be key...

X2M
12-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Congratulations! :) How about taking some old wooden skis, removing the fins and maybe the old bindings, and mounting them on the wall. You could make one into a shelf with brackets on the bottom and screw dowels into the other and make a little coat/sweater rack. I like the teak/toybox idea.

:)

whitedog
12-08-2005, 09:49 PM
The teak changing table would be great. Put it at like 32" from the floor and it will become a desk as the tyke grows.

jimmer2880
12-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Congratulations! :) How about taking some old wooden skis, removing the fins and maybe the old bindings, and mounting them on the wall. You could make one into a shelf with brackets on the bottom and screw dowels into the other and make a little coat/sweater rack. I like the teak/toybox idea.

Those are great ideas.... I may have to do them for my basement.

Ron Grover
12-09-2005, 09:37 AM
I would suggest a completely different decorating scheme.

Just wallpaper all the walls and ceilings with green pictures of dead presidents. When the kid needs/wants things you just peel off what is needed from the wall. tell the kid when the walls are bare it's time to move out. :D

loeweb
12-09-2005, 11:12 AM
sounds like a lot of great ideas especially the teak deck and old skis. also thought about the dog house toy box thing. Just need to find that room with the green pictures of dead presidents in it. unless anyone knows where to find a dirt cheap swim deck, or skis? Doesn't have to be pretty when I get it but want it to look good when I'm done.

thanks everyone for the grat advice.

X2M
12-09-2005, 11:42 AM
sounds like a lot of great ideas especially the teak deck and old skis. also thought about the dog house toy box thing. Just need to find that room with the green pictures of dead presidents in it. unless anyone knows where to find a dirt cheap swim deck, or skis? Doesn't have to be pretty when I get it but want it to look good when I'm done.

Don't know about the teak deck but I do have a pair of old wooden skis. They are red, white and blue. A little beat-up, but that gives them character I think. I was going to put them up in my house but just haven't gotten around to doing it. Let me know if they will work for you.

M-Funf
12-09-2005, 11:58 AM

If you're handy at all, you could mock up a teak swim platform...wouldn't be too much trouble or too expensive...

You could also use a solid piece of wood and paint it to "look" like a teak deck...

loeweb
12-09-2005, 01:16 PM
If the price is right I'm sure they would work great. let me know how much you think. I'm starting to get excited.