PDA

View Full Version : Here's to a great dog!

jimmer2880
12-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Drinking one on Connelly tonight. Our 12 year old Dalmation died last night after 36 hours in convulsions/seasures. The vet put him on Valium to ease the pain just in case he came out of them. He never did.

What's worse is that I'm in the middle of being away for 2 weeks on business, so my poor wife who was already dealing with a 2.5 year old, and a 4 week old also had to deal with this. I don't know how she does it.

I'm sure going to miss you buddy. :toast:

whitedog
12-05-2005, 09:44 PM
I feel for ya Jimmer. Lost a shelti after haaving him as a family member for 14 years.
I also wonder how our wives handle everything they do, sometimes it amazes me.

jimmer2880
12-05-2005, 09:50 PM
I feel for ya Jimmer. Lost a shelti after haaving him as a family member for 14 years.
I also wonder how our wives handle everything they do, sometimes it amazes me.

Tell me about it. Actually - I guess MarkP could tell us how a "Stay at home" parent does it?

MarkP
12-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear that jimmerÖ

jimmer2880
12-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Sorry to hear that jimmerÖ

Hey bud... I was just kidding about the stay at home dad part. You know that I truely believe you (and all the stay-at-home mothers/fathers) have the toughest & most important jobs in the world.:worthy:

baedriver
12-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Sorry to hear, we had to do that to our german shephard i know what its like im sorry.

6ballsisall
12-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss jimmer. I have a 9 year old German Shorthair that is starting to show her age. Not looking forward to that day what so ever.

PendO
12-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Jimmer - sorry for your loss, my folks had to put our English Pointer down last year before Thanksgiving ... the quality of life just wasn't there. I'm not a cat person, but I sure wish dogs did not age so dam fast! Please send my best wishes to your family as well, I'm sure your oldest is going to miss him - as will the rest. Whenever my daughter sees a picture of a pointer she calls it "Koby" and my mom still gets teared up. Glad you had a vet around to help out.

Casey

Drinking one on Connelly tonight. Our 12 year old Dalmation died last night after 36 hours in convulsions/seasures. The vet put him on Valium to ease the pain just in case he came out of them. He never did.

What's worse is that I'm in the middle of being away for 2 weeks on business, so my poor wife who was already dealing with a 2.5 year old, and a 4 week old also had to deal with this. I don't know how she does it.

I'm sure going to miss you buddy. :toast:

Leroy
12-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Toast to Connelly. They are a member of the family. Condolences to you and the family Jimmer.

shepherd
12-06-2005, 04:41 AM
Sorry to hear it Jimmer. I know you'll miss him for years to come. It's been over a year, and we can't bring ourselves to replace our golden retriever Buddy yet. I can imagine what your wife had to go through - she deserves a medal (or something better).

Cloaked
12-06-2005, 05:21 AM
..........What's worse is that I'm in the middle of being away for 2 weeks on business, so my poor wife who was already dealing with a 2.5 year old, and a 4 week old also had to deal with this. I don't know how she does it.

:toast: to the wife. She must be a real trooper.

Sorry about losing the dog as well.

bradamerry
12-06-2005, 07:30 AM
Jimmer sorry to hear of the loss. The ol Duck Dog is a big part of our family. Dogs rules...

BriEOD
12-06-2005, 07:38 AM
Sorry to hear it Jim!

jimmer2880
12-06-2005, 07:40 AM
.....The ol Duck Dog is a big part of our family. Dogs rules...

I hear you there..... Some how, I can't picture a cat taking a running leap off of the dock just for the heck of it. When I built my dock, I made my boat lift so that the dog's can get up on that, then up on the dock by themselves. The 2 dogs (I also have a britteny/field spaniel mix-stray) would swim for hours. Jumping off, getting back on, then running over to do it again, and again, and again, and again. Just like what I did when I was a kid.

My Brit sure is missing her "big brother".

jimmer2880
12-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I had more than a few on him last night :friday:

bcampbe7
12-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Jim.
Your wife is a strong individual. :toast:

stevo137
12-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Jimmer. He had unique markings on his face. You could tell that he was a great dog.
Also, hats off to you guys that travel quite a bit for work. It's got to be tough being away from home as much as you are...

dog paw
12-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Sorry for your loss Jim. I have always loved Dalmations the last one I have lived to 13. They are great dogs. Mine was as hard headed as its owner :D

richardsoncd
12-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Sorry to hear about it Jimmer, my dogs are like my sons.....here's one to Connelly.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Oh man Jimmer, I am very sorry to hear this. :( My sincerest condolences for you and your family. I feel for your loss. I lost my Dachshund this year after 10 years. Losing a pet is soo difficult. I am such an animal lover and I know the emotional pain your feeling now. The only thing I can say to try to help you is take comfort in knowing that you provided a very loving home for a pet, and that you enjoyed all those great years together with Connelly. Think of the good times. Time will heal your familys pain. I know it hurts now, but time does ease it. Take care man. :wavey:

as Brad said, Dogs RULE!

RexDog1
12-06-2005, 10:11 AM
May You Find Peace In The Memories

To Connelly :toast:

east tx skier
12-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Jimmer, I'm so sorry to hear that. I've been through it, too, and there's not a whole lot of things more difficult.

To Connelly! :toast:

sizzler
12-06-2005, 10:16 AM
its never nice.....we all know it will happen when we get that bundle of fur as a puppy.....you can prepare yourself but it still hurts like a byatch

jimmer2880
12-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Sorry for your loss Jim. I have always loved Dalmations the last one I have lived to 13. They are great dogs. Mine was as hard headed as its owner :D

I'll drink to that! :toast: Mine sure was just as hard headed as his owner!

jimmer2880
12-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Jimmer. He had unique markings on his face. You could tell that he was a great dog.
Also, hats off to you guys that travel quite a bit for work. It's got to be tough being away from home as much as you are...

When I took this job, I said - 2 weeks per year. As the job has grown - unfortunately, so has the travel. After this trip - I'm looking for another job. Before Monster sees my resume - I'm going to give my company one last chance at owning up to their promise. Besides - it really started to cut into my ski time!

*Edit*... I used to tell people it (the unique markings on his head) showed both sides of his personality quite well

jimmer2880
12-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Thanks again to everyone for your kind words. It does help to have the support of the group!

Laurel_Lake_Skier
12-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Everyone that has been through the loss of a good dog feels your pain. I'm sure being away makes it tougher......sounds like you have plenty of great memories.

AirJunky
12-07-2005, 12:59 AM
A friend gave me this when I lost my buddy of 16 yrs., Kodiak.

Youíre giving me a cherished gift, so sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last few cherished days, your courage makes me proud.

But really, love is knowing when your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts will only be in vain.

So looking deep into your eyes, beyond, into your soul,
I see in you the magic, that will once more make me whole.

The strength that you possess, is why I look to you today,
To do this thing that must be done, for itís the only way.

That strength is why Iíve followed you, and chose you as my friend,
And why Iíve loved you all these yearsÖ.my partner Ďtil the end.

Please, understand just what this gift, youíre giving, means to me,
It gives me back the strength Iíve lost, and all my dignity.

You take a stand on my behalf, for that is what friends do.
And know that what you do is right, for I believe it too.

So one last time, I breathe your scent, and through your hand I feel,
The courage thatís within you, to now grant me this appeal.

Cut the leash that holds me here, dear friend, and let me run,
Once more a strong and steady dog, my pain and struggle done.

And donít despair my passing, for I wonít be far away,
Forever here, within your heart, and memory Iíll stay.

Iíll be there watching over you, your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories, Iíll runÖ.a young dog once again.

Jimmy O
12-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Tough holding back the tears on that one. What would life be without a dog.