PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Paint?

rryker
12-04-2005, 07:33 PM
I have a 93 prostar 190 and wanting to paint the trailer. Does anybody know what color the paint is on the trailer? My trailer is white, but there is about 1 million different colors of white.

east tx skier
12-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Plain white rustoleum and/or krylon was close enough for my tastes when I redid (touched up) my 93 trailer last year. It may not be exact, but, like I said, close enough, and I'm kind of particular about that stuff. Test on inconspicuous area, of course.

rodltg2
12-04-2005, 10:19 PM
thats what i used on my 93 stars and stripes trailer. it wasnt an exact match but good enough. better than rust

SKI*MC
12-04-2005, 11:11 PM
if your re-doing the whole trailer, powder coat it!

east tx skier
12-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Start with some grey primer. Then hit it with the white. From a distance of a foot or so, you won't be able to tell the difference.

east tx skier
12-05-2005, 11:56 AM
And this is after. As close a shot as I could find.

mneff1
02-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Start with some grey primer. Then hit it with the white. From a distance of a foot or so, you won't be able to tell the difference.

I have a 94 ProStar 190 and the prop guard look like the one pictured here but without the wheels. Can you tell me where you found those wheels. I was thinking of getting someone to weld those on to mine to give my driveway a break.

I'm going to refurbish the whole trailer this spring.

east tx skier
02-20-2006, 03:06 PM
www.pakindustries.com

These are marine specific. If they happen to hit your driveway, they will not spare it though. They leave a mark. They sure do protect the trailer though. To protect both, you'll need to find some poly wheels. I don't know where to find any that look as nifty as these though. Good luck.

TMCNo1
02-20-2006, 04:26 PM
I have a 93 prostar 190 and wanting to paint the trailer. Does anybody know what color the paint is on the trailer? My trailer is white, but there is about 1 million different colors of white.

E-mail Greg Clower [greg.clower@mastercraft.com] and give him your trailer info and he can probably find out for you and at least give you a number and the co. that made the paint, then you can go to any and all major automotive paint mfg. cos. and they have a master color sheets that they can reference or cross reference to get to your color. From past experience MC uses colors from a commercial color chart rather that a particular auto color that has been used. These colors are the kind used on commercial vehicles, equipment, etc. and don't have all the slight color variences that the automotive industry has to have to stay ahead of one another and draw customers. OR get one or more of these charts and find the color that matches your trailer closest.

mneff1
03-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the information. I'll do some more research to see what I can find on rollers. If I raised the prop guard about an inch, I wouldn't have any problem with hitting my driveway. I need to find a good welder in my area too. The whole peice of my prop guard needs to be replaced.

Workin' 4 Toys
03-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the information. I'll do some more research to see what I can find on rollers. If I raised the prop guard about an inch, I wouldn't have any problem with hitting my driveway. I need to find a good welder in my area too. The whole peice of my prop guard needs to be replaced.
We could probably help with a welder fabricator too if we knew where you are. Goto "USER CP" then "edit profile" then add city/state.;)