PDA

View Full Version : I thnk we're going to start a new tradition

milkmania
12-03-2005, 09:16 PM
this was fun with the kids:)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/75e7006c.jpg (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/75e7006c.jpg)

Leroy
12-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Looks like fun Milk! Now comes the really fun part, devour!

bigmac
12-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Looks like fun Milk! Now comes the really fun part, devour!

Leroy, Leroy, Leroy....obviously you have no concept about gingerbread houses :rolleyes: .

They are a HUGE amount of work (at least around here they are) and involve several women in your house for several hours during the actual contruction of the 7 or 8 houses. They require days of baking gingerbread ahead of time and accumulating barrels of different candy. Your own personal carbohydrate load during this whole period goes way up because of the heavy reliance on M&M's in the decorating process.

Once they are constructed -- "BACK OFF AND STEP AWAY FROM THE GINGERBREAD HOUSE, SCUMBAG...". Oh, it's OK for the cats to walk through the yard of the house and nibble on the thing but don't YOU dare...

And by the time it's OK to eat the thing, it's all stale and you're working on your post-holiday weight-reduction plan anyway.

The only way YOU'LL get to eat any of it is if you have kids that you can blame the progressive disappearance on...

I could write a book on how to get away with eating a gingerbread house without it affecting your sex life.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-04-2005, 02:30 AM
I do not know what it is about the first three posts here. But something says tells me you three could be brothers planning an attack on the gingerbread house!
I am not sure why I pictured it that way. Maybe it was a memory of mine. :D
House made with tasty food, plan attack, eat a hole in the roof, then slowly break pieces off thinking noone would notice, and try to convince the builder it must be falling apart.:D

BriEOD
12-04-2005, 07:47 AM
I could write a book on how to get away with eating a gingerbread house without it affecting your sex life.

ROTFLMFAO!!! :D

So true Mac.

Leroy
12-04-2005, 09:52 AM
That darn cat ate the gingerbread house, or at least the ornaments!

Anyone hear anything from Milk after this post or is he in a sugar coma????

Nope, never made one but that one is a winner!

But something says tells me you three could be brothers planning an attack on the gingerbread house!

Oh, it's OK for the cats to walk through the yard of the house and nibble on the thing but don't YOU dare...

Jerseydave
12-04-2005, 10:48 AM
After the holidays it would be cool to light-up an M-80 in the living room of that gingerbread house...............kaboom!!!!!!

Seriously, looks great and what a great family project to do every year.
They have gingerbread house contests near us every year. Some of these look like real houses. People do famous ones, like the White House and so on. Very talented people out there.

6ballsisall
12-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Very cool Milk!!

We saw a gingerbread house replicated after Biltmore estates over Thanksgiving week. It was exact to spec and let me tell you it was abxolutely incredible!!