PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Prostar Rebuild

1988 Prostar
07-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Before and after pictures. More to come. Still need to do the interior so if anyone knows someone good in the dallas area please let me know!

drschemel
07-17-2014, 01:22 PM
That's going to be a unique boat with that black gel. One of a kind! Some combination of those new carbon fiber skin is going to look great. Look at the Viper website (facebook page) to get some ideas. I you don't get a good reference for a shop in Dallas, go to a classic car meet and see who they are using. I guess you could try Sue from Fast and Loud/Gas Monkey!

1988 Prostar
07-17-2014, 01:47 PM
thx man ya i was gonna take it to her and see what she says shes like 5 min from my work.

drschemel
07-17-2014, 02:31 PM
When I did my boat, I removed all the upholstry myself and brought the seats, side panels, and motor box to the shop then I did the carpet myself. I think that I did a better reinstall job than most shops would do. That way I know that all the old screw holes were either used or plugged rather than having someone take short cuts and put in new screw holes and leave the old ones open. And I also know that all the bolts and nuts are present and stainless. When you put the new carpet in, it will be hard to find the original screw holes but with patience and an ice pick, you can do it.

1988 Prostar
07-18-2014, 04:34 PM
sooooo she is super expensive... Took it to her today and she quoted me 3k. Took it to another company right down the street they quoted $1,200.

TxsRiverRat
07-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Hands down - cal's top shop in ft worth. Talk to Stacy or Cal -

you will need to take the upholstery out and give to them

they did an amazing job on my boat