PDA

View Full Version : Moving South

BriEOD
12-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Well, I just wanted to share/vent that searching for a house is a pain in the @$$! I'm doing my "darndest" to find a neighborhood with ski lake access that's around 20 miles to work or less. Would like a 3 car garage, but could live with a big 2. Those are all of my requirments.

Now, the wife wants a pool, and 1 story, kitchen open to the family room, 4 bedrooms ... blah, blah, blah. What a pain.

ski_king
12-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Why not build exactly what you are looking for?

MarkP
12-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Well, I just wanted to share/vent that searching for a house is a pain in the @$$! I'm doing my "darndest" to find a neighborhood with ski lake access that's around 20 miles to work or less. Would like a 3 car garage, but could live with a big 2. Those are all of my requirments.

Now, the wife wants a pool, and 1 story, kitchen open to the family room, 4 bedrooms ... blah, blah, blah. What a pain.
Doesn’t she still outrank YOU??http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/images/smilies/crybaby2.gif

BriEOD
12-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Why not build exactly what you are looking for?
I won't be there long enough to make it worth the effort. But, a good suggestion.

BriEOD
12-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Doesn’t she still outrank YOU??http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/images/smilies/crybaby2.gif

Yes, for 15 more days...

Leroy
12-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Well I only know of one way to outrank da momma, and I don't think you are headed in that direction!

I'm pretty stabil in most circumstances, but in my 5th house in past 7 years, I understand where you are coming from!

Ric
12-03-2005, 07:54 AM
I won't be there long enough to make it worth the effort. But, a good suggestion.
Two words for you: MOVING SUCKS

How long will you be there?

MarkP
12-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Well I only know of one way to outrank da momma, and I don't think you are headed in that direction!

I'm pretty stabil in most circumstances, but in my 5th house in past 7 years, I understand where you are coming from!Ouch!!!!!!

T Scott
12-03-2005, 08:57 AM

Brian,
Are you still looking in the Tampa area?

SteveO
12-03-2005, 09:02 AM

Women, Gotta love'm. Can't live with'm can' live without'm

BriEOD
12-03-2005, 09:22 AM
All good points fellas. Legally I'll outrank her but technically she'll still be the off duty commander. I was actually kidding her this morning and I got the eat "poop" response.

Yes, I'm still looking in Tampa. I'll be there about 30 months. I actually might have found one last night. The neighborhood has access to a good sized ski lake. The realtor is going to take pictures today.

Ric
12-03-2005, 09:25 AM
All good points fellas. Legally I'll outrank her but technically she'll still be the off duty commander. I was actually kidding her this morning and I got the eat "poop" response.

Yes, I'm still looking in Tampa. I'll be there about 30 months. I actually might have found one last night. The neighborhood has access to a good sized ski lake. The realtor is going to take pictures today.

yikes, none of my business if you dont want to answer, but since you mentioned getting the boat moved, do they also cover closing costs or something when you have to buy and sell so often?

BriEOD
12-03-2005, 10:11 AM
No, the DoD doesn't get involved with helping you sell your house. I assume their position is that you can live on base. However, you get what is called dislocation allowance which is like $2k to get you moved in, turn on utlities, drapes, etc.

As far as the move my wife and I are both entitled to an amount of pounds. Together were just shy of being alloted 30K lbs. So, when I go to move the boat I just weigh it (scale is on the base) and track the mileage and they will reimburse me a certain amount. The same goes for my ATV's. Although I could have the moving company pack those. But, I'll probably just use my trailer. So were going to look the Clampetts towing the boat and 4 wheelers. But at least they are paying.

bcampbe7
12-03-2005, 10:11 AM
Yes, I'm still looking in Tampa. I'll be there about 30 months.

Then you are heading to Arnold, right? :cool:

BriEOD
12-03-2005, 10:13 AM
In my dreams. I'd probably have one more assignment and than I would be eligble for the Commander's slot there. So maybe in about 5 years or so.

bcampbe7
12-03-2005, 10:16 AM
In my dreams. I'd probably have one more assignment and than I would be eligble for the Commander's slot there. So maybe in about 5 years or so.

We would love to have you!

Cloaked
12-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Two words for you: MOVING SUCKS

How long will you be there?:wErd: .....

mitch
12-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Brian, Good luck. It'll be over for ya know it!

lakes Rick
12-04-2005, 12:22 AM
No, the DoD doesn't get involved with helping you sell your house. I assume their position is that you can live on base. However, you get what is called dislocation allowance which is like $2k to get you moved in, turn on utlities, drapes, etc.

As far as the move my wife and I are both entitled to an amount of pounds. Together were just shy of being alloted 30K lbs. So, when I go to move the boat I just weigh it (scale is on the base) and track the mileage and they will reimburse me a certain amount. The same goes for my ATV's. Although I could have the moving company pack those. But, I'll probably just use my trailer. So were going to look the Clampetts towing the boat and 4 wheelers. But at least they are paying.

"gonna tell you bout a story bout a man named Jed"

lakes Rick
12-04-2005, 12:24 AM
|Bri Bri

Before I built my home, I was looking for smaller home, under 2200, with a 3 car garage or bigger... No such thing... Had to build my 1500' garage under my 1700' house.....

BriEOD
12-04-2005, 07:43 AM
You are a wise man Rick.

Ric
12-04-2005, 01:16 PM
|Bri Bri

Before I built my home, I was looking for smaller home, under 2200, with a 3 car garage or bigger... No such thing... Had to build my 1500' garage under my 1700' house.....
Cool :cool:

east tx skier
12-04-2005, 08:46 PM
I think Ric summed it up. Movin' sucks. Hang in there.

BriEOD
12-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Well thought I had a beed on a good prospect with lake access. The outside was great but inside was a mess. They want to much to have to go in and gut something. So the search continues.

Maybe a double wide ... :D

jimmer2880
12-05-2005, 08:39 PM
Well thought I had a beed on a good prospect with lake access. The outside was great but inside was a mess. They want to much to have to go in and gut something. So the search continues.

Maybe a double wide ... :D

As long as it as lake access - I'll take it.

BriEOD
12-05-2005, 08:42 PM
A friend called me today after he drove by a for sale by owner with access to the same lake. I looked it up on the tax collectors page and it's the right size etc. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get pictures.

Up and down, up and down. :rolleyes:

Footin
12-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Look at the upside, you are in Florida and it is snowing in the midwest.

Leroy
12-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Footin; And he bailed on us for Mag-Fest! BriEOD better be there next year! Flights from Tampa/St Pete/Orlando/Ft Myers are so easy.

I see 10 degrees on my thermeter at this moment, and high tomorrow is around 20....

6ballsisall
12-06-2005, 07:25 AM
18 degrees at CVG right now. Headed to Cleveland for colder weather. Wonder if I can talk the pilot into heading south instead of North?? :huh:

BriEOD
12-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm not in the Sunshine State yet, still in the Palmetto State. My thermometer reads 38.

bfinley
12-06-2005, 07:53 AM
My thermomometer reads -2 this morning

bcampbe7
12-06-2005, 08:23 AM
My thermomometer reads -2 this morning

They make thermometers that go in the negative digits! :D

It was 20* F coming into work this morning.

Hemey5
12-06-2005, 08:44 AM
It's much cheaper to build a pool, open up a kitchen by tearing down a wall or adding on a bedroom than it is to buy 40 acres and build a lake.

Hemey

BriEOD
12-06-2005, 08:57 AM
It's much cheaper to build a pool, open up a kitchen by tearing down a wall or adding on a bedroom than it is to buy 40 acres and build a lake.

Hemey
Good point.

However, in my personal situation I will most likely only be there 30-36 months. So, I need to ensure I can get the value back out of whatever I buy and do.

I may just have to bite the bullet and drive to the lake. However, a very good friend of mine has about 40 acres on a small lake that has a dock and could probably accomodate a course. Their is no ramp, but he has a tractor. Plus, I can keep my boat there and build a shed/garage to shelter it. However, I'd love to be right on a big lake (who wouldn't that is on this site?).