PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas Presents Thread

SKI*MC
12-02-2005, 12:04 AM
This is the thread for the Chrismas presents that we get or want to get.
Heres my list, 06 Liquid Force Substance Series Board, and a Pulse double bass pedel for my drum set. :headbang:

erkoehler
12-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Snow, I want SNOW!!!! :D

jimmer2880
12-02-2005, 07:57 AM
We all know what Skeeler got for Christmas already :D

Cary K.
12-02-2005, 08:07 AM
30gb iPod video
new refrigerator (bought both this week)

Heated driver seat for the boat

djhuff
12-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Got a big TV (early gift)

Leroy
12-02-2005, 10:19 AM
New ski, will probably wait until spring so I can demo.

Underwear and socks......colored this year.....

BrianM
12-02-2005, 11:09 AM
The wife says the '97 was my Christmas present I just got it early and I don't get anything else for Christmas or my birthday in May. OK by me. :D

mgurley
12-02-2005, 02:36 PM
I've been reloading for several years on someone elses equipment. I am going to get my own and start doing some custom reloads for some hunting buds and a few others that are interested. If all goes well try to make some side money doing it.

rodltg2
12-02-2005, 02:44 PM
I've been reloading for several years on someone elses equipment. I am going to get my own and start doing some custom reloads for some hunting buds and a few others that are interested. If all goes well try to make some side money doing it.

i hjave no idea what you are talking about?

shepherd
12-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Is it me or are the best gifts the ones you buy for yourself? I bought myself a Harley for Christmas last year. (I guess having the wife's blessing was the real gift :rolleyes: )

This year, I want one of these. I know it's not sexy, but I just want something I can hop in, run around the bay, do some fishing, and pull up behind my house (very shallow water). My wife said she can't buy it for me, so I have to get it myself.

shepherd
12-02-2005, 02:52 PM

I thjink he wants to make his own IEDs ;)

Ryan
12-02-2005, 04:03 PM
I still want disc brakes for the boat trailer... we'll have to see what Santa brings.

Tally this year
LCD for bedroom
6.1 surround sound
DVD recorder
worklight
office speakers
wireless keyboard + mouse

I tend to buy things for myself. Every year I find cool stuff (and worthwhile pricing) while shopping for my wife and kids. I'm done shopping for the season. I transfered everything out of paypal for it.

rodltg2
12-02-2005, 04:33 PM
i need a bimini top.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-02-2005, 04:34 PM
I want to get my wife a new life jacket. I wanted to get one that said Mastercraft on it, but they are no longer in "the MC store". I guess I'll either have to keep looking, or get a different one. Neoprene.

For me an '06 Corvette, an '06 F750, '06 X-80, '06 X star '06 38' cigarette, '69 Camaro SS396, and a '69 GTO Judge. Oh and a garage to keep them all in......

I guess I better ask for a lifejacket too since I'll probably get my A$$ thrown overboard for that list......:D

stevo137
12-02-2005, 10:36 PM
NO SNOW! NO SNOW!!! :D

shepherd
12-02-2005, 11:44 PM

We want snow too! But only on December 24 and 25 8p

I guess this is the closest white stuff we'll have around these parts

PendO
12-02-2005, 11:53 PM

Come and get it:) It's about 20 degrees out.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
12-02-2005, 11:55 PM

Erk, YOu sick F&#@ !!!!!! :mad:

I live in upper michigan, I got all the snow you need, come get some....please

bigmac
12-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Reloading is very interesting, adn you can get some real accuracy - important if we're talking target shooting or 150 yard shots at deer. I used to reload my .44 magnum, which I used for deer hunting, but I never let anyone shoot my reloads, and I never would shoot anyone else's. A moment's inattention and one double load, and your life could change forever. And not in a good way...

:twocents:

bigmac
12-03-2005, 12:01 AM
I found a receipt/order acknowledgement in the laser printer paper tray for a 60 gig video iPod...

Maybe I better be looking for some good MPEG4 codecs.

Workin' 4 Toys
12-03-2005, 03:38 AM
NO SNOW! NO SNOW!!! :D

Stop that.....!!!! Now don't knock others christmas lists.......

SteveO
12-03-2005, 10:18 AM
I scored a new 32 Gas Grill. It was a natural gas 32" that was special ordered and marked way to cheep to pass up.

12-03-2005, 11:00 AM
This is what I want from Santa. I have wanted one of these since they came out a few years ago. They are an analog modeling synthesizer. Real Analog synths are VERY expensive and these do an amazing job of coping their sounds, I mean they are very close for a fraction of the cost. I got a chance to play one a few months ago and I was hooked instantly. This baby will nail all those old classic synth sounds from the 70's and 80's. The cool part about this is its not a sampler, it does NOT sound like helicopters, machine guns, thunder, drunks burping, dogs farting or whales humping, Its real subtractive synthesis. Think ELP, the Cars, Van Halen, Styx, journey, that stuff. it rules for that stuff, which are true synth rock sounds. and yes, for all you geeks like me who want to know, the vocoder in it WILL do the Mr. Roboto voice thing :o Domo, Arigato :uglyhamme

ROCK ON!!!! :headbang:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/AlesisIon.jpg

stevo137
12-03-2005, 11:10 AM
UMP, this is what I want for starters. I compose music on piano and years ago I had a Roland system in the days of patch cords. Right now, I just have my Yamaha studio piano and would love to get a small studio started. Stevo Jr. plays drums and is becomimg very good. It would be cool to jam with him...

baedriver
12-03-2005, 11:17 AM
My wife ask me If I bought the sub and amp that normally comes with the upgraded stereo. I would like to hope that there is a 10" sub and amp under the tree! Or a new slalom ski (one can dream).

ski_king
12-03-2005, 11:19 AM
My request is quite simple.

By the way, the 2006 Design A Boat is up! :dance:

12-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Rock on Stevo, those motif's rule!! Thats a bit beyond my needs and skill level. Those are powerful keys. Lots of pros use those units. I saw DDY live and he used one for his leads. His keyboardist uses one too along with an Oberhiem for the real synth heavy tunes. I am not a very intense keyboard player, so I dont want to spend huge $$ on a synth. But those Motifs are the stuff for sure!!!

Rock on man!! I hope you and Steve jr are jamming soon!

UMP

stevo137
12-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Rock on man!! I hope you and Steve jr are jamming soon!

UMP
Ump, you have quite an impresive guitar and amp collection.
He has has already jammed quite a bit with some good musicians and my music isn't exactly the jammin' type. It's more geared towards movie score.
I'm sure that he would enjoy jammin' with you though.
I bought him this cool Trick snare for him for Christmas last year and have upgraded the symbols over the last two.

SKI*MC
12-03-2005, 12:19 PM
The Trans Siberian Orchastra is coming to town, but all the tickets for sale are in the nose bleed sections, i guess i have to wait till next year...

12-03-2005, 12:39 PM
The Trans Siberian Orchastra is coming to town, but all the tickets for sale are in the nose bleed sections, i guess i have to wait till next year...

SKI*MC, there are 2 shows on the same day in Green Bay. I would love to go again this year, but its the day after Christmas and my girlfriend wont be in town, plus I gotta work. :mad: I want to see what they got this year, the show keeps getting more and more impressive each year. I wish I could be there this year...... :(

Stevo, he looks like he's having fun....be careful.... You know, drummers are a different breed......usually of the wild variety. :eek: Most are pretty crazy.... i.e. Tommy Lee, Wild Mick Brown, Steven Adler and Animal from the muppets. :uglyhamme Ask just about any musician who the party animal musicians are, and most will say drummers. Sure, it would be cool to jam with him. Too bad distance is too far. I wish I had more musicians around me to jam with. I love to play live a few times a year and its hard to find people to participate around here.

Rock on!!!!

UMP

SKI*MC
12-03-2005, 01:45 PM
i'm tring to get my band together right now, the guitarist is coming over in a little while. Im the "wild and crazy" drummer

SKI*MC
12-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Sporty had this on a thread a while back, but this is Trans Siberian Orchastra

http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv

This is what they would play at the concert.

parks_jr_55
12-03-2005, 02:05 PM
My Christmas List consists of 3 things:

Playstation 3 (Will have to wait til March)
New pair of Nike Shox
iPod case

Brent
12-03-2005, 02:08 PM
All I asked for was the new Perfect pas Display! :)

parks_jr_55
12-03-2005, 02:15 PM
I think i found Leroy's sons list:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/vw_wr/lexus.jpg

milkmania
12-03-2005, 06:01 PM
just paid this one off....
I mean, Santa just finished building this one..... for the kids:rolleyes:

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/131300_lg.jpg

Leroy
12-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Oh yeah, with rims, lowered 2 inches, 12" sub, 5% windows..........he can keep dreaming and enjoying what he has!

What is on Park's list this year?

I think i found Leroy's sons list:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/vw_wr/lexus.jpg

parks_jr_55
12-03-2005, 09:00 PM
I posted it above:

Playstation 3 ( Will have to wait until March)
Nike Shox TL3
and an iPod case

SKI*MC
12-04-2005, 11:06 PM
just paid this one off....
I mean, Santa just finished building this one..... for the kids:rolleyes:

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/131300_lg.jpg

That looks really fun! I wish i had one, but i chose the boat instead. :rolleyes:

milkmania
12-04-2005, 11:42 PM
That looks really fun! I wish i had one, but i chose the boat instead. :rolleyes:

it wasn't bad.... Atwoods (local farm supply) had them on sale for $1599.00

http://www.familygokarts.com/main.php?htmlPage=gx150_2r_talon

shepherd
12-05-2005, 10:19 AM
When skiing yesterday, my wife was complaining about the interior falling apart and my ski buddy was complaining about the spray (he skis extreme short line). So the wife says "you need a new boat."

OOPS! :D :steering: :D

Nah, not going to do it... She regretted it the second the words came out of her mouth though -- priceless.

BriEOD
12-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Gents what are you getting for your wives?

12-06-2005, 11:35 AM

a new lawnmower, woodsplitter, weedwacker, and vacuum cleaner...... :dance:

Leroy
12-06-2005, 11:45 AM
:eek: Did she call you :eek:

stevo137
12-06-2005, 12:00 PM
You know, we rarely buy each other anything for Christmas and just focus on the kids.
We enjoy just having some folding cash and going shopping together downtown Chicago the week after...

BriEOD
12-06-2005, 12:03 PM
:eek: Did she call you :eek:
You lost me?

sizzler
12-06-2005, 12:07 PM

a divorce :D

BriEOD
12-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Sure you are Pete. ;)

sizzler
12-06-2005, 12:26 PM
i wouldnt wanna make her too happy this xmas bri.......

her cooking will get her the money soon enuff :vomit:

:D :D

Leroy
12-06-2005, 12:26 PM
I just figured she put you up to this so I'm not shopping on Dec 24th for her....

You lost me?

Leroy
12-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Someone put vinegar on Pete's cereal this morning?

sizzler
12-06-2005, 12:30 PM
most interesting vinegar thread leroy.......

will be investing in a few gallon of the white stuff

pilot02
12-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Unfortunately NADA here. It's going to be a really cruddy christmas. Court date for child support on the 21st with a custody hearing in the works as well.

Before someone chimes in, my ex and I have comparable incomes and my son stays with me half time although our original custody agreement does not reflect that. I've tried civilly for months to change the agreement (without the courts) but haven't been successful. At this point, it's literally a no win situation and although my son sees the truth, know's where my dedication is etc, the courts don't.

stevo137
12-06-2005, 01:11 PM
I am really sorry to hear the bad news Pilot. I saw your post and pic of your son on vacation and I'm sure as you say, he knows that you are there for him and only want the best for him...

M-Funf
12-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Come and get it:) It's about 20 degrees out.

Believe it or not, it was 24 degrees HERE this morning :eek3:

No snow, though... sorry, erk. :popcorn:

Edit: I want a 1/2" variable speed power drill (Milwaukee), a laser adapter for my Compound Miter, some good cabinet frame clamps...and a Red Ryder BB gun :D

BriEOD
12-06-2005, 01:18 PM
I just figured she put you up to this so I'm not shopping on Dec 24th for her....
I'm tracking Leroy! Funny, vey funny. Well I've ordered her (took Doug's approach internet shopping--praise GOD!) an iPod Nano and a very nice piece of jewelry. I'll have to come up with a few other gifts. I'm sure I'll get a pack of screwdrivers and a tie. :rolleyes:

M-Funf
12-06-2005, 01:18 PM

We have a $100 limit for gifts to each other. We usually top that with a nice dinner out in the city...

The hundred bux gets her two hours of massage (salt scrub, foot reflexology, and head/neck focus)

I usually get her something else that she's not expecting, but I have to wait until very shortly before X-Mas since she always wants to know exactly where the money goes...(I have to be a bit sneaky) :rolleyes:

milkmania
12-06-2005, 01:25 PM

Edit: I want a 1/2" variable speed power drill (Milwaukee), a laser adapter for my Compound Miter, some good cabinet frame clamps...and a Red Ryder BB gun :D

you'll put an eye out.........

Mag_Red
12-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Not really much on my list..........have just about everything I ever wanted. If I were to dream though..........a fine looking slimmie with-out psychological or emotional problems :D

BriEOD
12-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Not really much on my list..........have just about everything I ever wanted. If I were to dream though..........a fine looking slimmie with-out psychological or emotional problems :D
Hillary Clinton? :D :vomit:

shepherd
12-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Hillary Clinton? :D :vomit:

I think he said no emotional problems. :cool:

Getting the wife one of those espresso/latte/capuccino maker thingys. Now should I go all out for the fancy $200 Krup model, or one of those $59 jobs??? I don't drink coffee but those steamed milk hot chocolates are purty good...

SKI*MC
12-06-2005, 08:47 PM
i just got the new Trans-Siberian Orchastra CD from St. Nick. Its really awesome!

bcampbe7
12-06-2005, 08:51 PM
My wife and I just buy the stuff we want, wrap it and stick it under the tree. :)
This year she bought clothes, shoes, and an end table.

BriEOD
12-06-2005, 09:11 PM
My wife and I just buy the stuff we want, wrap it and stick it under the tree. :)
This year she bought clothes, shoes, and an end table.
She wrappend an end table and put it under the tree? :eek:

bcampbe7
12-06-2005, 10:01 PM
She wrappend an end table and put it under the tree? :eek:

No :uglyhamme that is being built right now. Should be here next week.

12-06-2005, 10:31 PM
i just got the new Trans-Siberian Orchastra CD from St. Nick. Its really awesome!

....uh.....new TSO cd???? :confused: Shed some light for me dude.....according to their website they dont have a new cd out right now.... unless you are referring to the trilogy set. But they havent had any new material since last year (the lost christmas cd). If there is something else out, please let me know!!!! :) I want it!!!! I do know They have a new NON christmas cd in the works. they were in the studio working on it last year and this year. I talked to Paul O'neil about it after the show in Green Bay, WI last year. They did Carmina Burana live that night which is supposed to be on the new CD and it ruled!!! :headbang: I dont know what the theme is for the new CD, if its gonna follow Beethovens Last nights type of path or not, but its certainly going to be non christmas oriented. I think they realize a larger market for this style of music. The fusion of Symphonic-Heavy Metal thing is really catching on for them. Their tour expands every year. I think once they break the stereotype of being labeled as a "christmas" band, they will really hit super big. :twocents:

Sorry for the threadjack.....
UMP

SKI*MC
12-06-2005, 10:41 PM
....uh.....new TSO cd???? :confused: Shed some light for me dude.....according to their website they dont have a new cd out right now.... unless you are referring to the trilogy set. But they havent had any new material since last year (the lost christmas cd). If there is something else out, please let me know!!!! :) I want it!!!! I do know They have a new NON christmas cd in the works. they were in the studio working on it last year and this year. I talked to Paul O'neil about it after the show in Green Bay, WI last year. They did Carmina Burana live that night which is supposed to be on the new CD and it ruled!!! :headbang: I dont know what the theme is for the new CD, if its gonna follow Beethovens Last nights type of path or not, but its certainly going to be non christmas oriented. I think they realize a larger market for this style of music. The fusion of Symphonic-Heavy Metal thing is really catching on for them. Their tour expands every year. I think once they break the stereotype of being labeled as a "christmas" band, they will really hit super big. :twocents:

UMP

whoops sorrys, its the lost Christmas Album. I really like it. Im going to see them in Milwaukee on the 29th i think it is. It should be a good show!

PendO
12-06-2005, 10:42 PM
get a bluetooth phone / earpiece ... waaaaaaay better than the corded earpiece:)

stevo137
12-06-2005, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=PendOreilleSkier]get a bluetooth phone /
Now we can call you Mr. Roboto... :D

PendO
12-07-2005, 12:55 AM
[QUOTE=PendOreilleSkier]get a bluetooth phone /
Now we can call you Mr. Roboto... :D

It does the voice recognition on its own ... no more programing your "voice" into the phone ... I'm always down with wasting/spending my money on tech gadgets.

Mag_Red
12-07-2005, 03:10 AM
:rolleyes: Hillary Clinton? :D :vomit:Better than Janet Reno

erkoehler
12-07-2005, 03:57 AM
Still waiting for all the snow????

BriEOD
12-07-2005, 07:55 AM
:rolleyes: Better than Janet Reno
Madeline Albright?

Leroy
12-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Way to go BriEOD, with everything you have going on Xmas will be very busy there.

I'm tracking Leroy! Funny, vey funny. Well I've ordered her (took Doug's approach internet shopping--praise GOD!) an iPod Nano and a very nice piece of jewelry. I'll have to come up with a few other gifts. I'm sure I'll get a pack of screwdrivers and a tie. :rolleyes:

pilot02
12-07-2005, 10:09 AM

"You'll shoot you're eye out Ralphy!"

Sorry, couldn't resist....

12-07-2005, 10:26 AM
:rolleyes: Better than Janet Reno

If you put it that way Mag, its like comparing a Corvette to a Bulldozer. :)

milkmania
12-07-2005, 10:46 AM
....uh.....new TSO cd???? Shed some light for me dude.....according to their website they dont have a new cd out right now.... unless you are referring to the trilogy set. But they havent had any new material since last year (the lost christmas cd). If there is something else out, please let me know!!!! I want it!!!! I do know They have a new NON christmas cd in the works. they were in the studio working on it last year and this year. I talked to Paul O'neil about it after the show in Green Bay, WI last year. They did Carmina Burana live that night which is supposed to be on the new CD and it ruled!!! :headbang: I dont know what the theme is for the new CD, if its gonna follow Beethovens Last nights type of path or not, but its certainly going to be non christmas oriented. I think they realize a larger market for this style of music. The fusion of Symphonic-Heavy Metal thing is really catching on for them. Their tour expands every year. I think once they break the stereotype of being labeled as a "christmas" band, they will really hit super big. :twocents:

UMP

WELL!
I got to have breakfast with The Vienna Boys Choir!http://deephousepage.com/smilies/tongueout.gif

.....two days in a row

p.s. just messin' with ya:D

LakePirate
12-07-2005, 11:09 AM
I think he said no emotional problems. :cool:

Getting the wife one of those espresso/latte/cappuccino maker thingys. Now should I go all out for the fancy $200 Krup model, or one of those $59 jobs??? I don't drink coffee but those steamed milk hot chocolates are purty good...

Spend the bucks on the good one. The wife wore out her Krups after about 3 years and we bought a lower end Krups with the coffee maker included that she won't even use because is isn't worth the hassle and it doesn't perform as well. This is a woman who when we were redoing the kitchen counter tops moved it into the bathroom so she could have her latte.

badams
12-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Mine will be here next week. It's a 2006 X2. Can't wait.

SKI*MC
12-07-2005, 09:48 PM
get some pictures here ASAP!

12-07-2005, 10:52 PM
WELL!
I got to have breakfast with The Vienna Boys Choir!

.....two days in a row

p.s. just messin' with ya

OKAY Mr. Smart Arse, So what did you and the royal philharmic choir or whatever its called have for breakfast?? :confused:

BTW, since your hurling jibes at me for meeting the TSO. I gotta throw this in for good measure. The Violinist, Anna was flirting with me :woohoo:
http://www.annaphoebe.com/GalleryImages/Anna%20Phoebe%20-%20Gallery%20Image55.htm
P.S. Just messin' with YOU back! :)

milkmania
12-07-2005, 11:12 PM
OKAY Mr. Smart Arse, So what did you and the royal philharmic choir or whatever its called have for breakfast?? :confused:

BTW, since your hurling jibes at me for meeting the TSO. I gotta throw this in for good measure. The Violinist, Anna was flirting with me :woohoo:
http://www.annaphoebe.com/GalleryImages/Anna%20Phoebe%20-%20Gallery%20Image55.htm
P.S. Just messin' with YOU back! :)

pfft..... we had some crappy continental breakfast at the hotel.....they sang a little bit, just actually goofing off/nothing structured.....you came out much better than I did.....lol

I sure wouldn't complain about having "breakfast with Anna, the next morning";)

BriEOD
12-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Wow, UMP you sly dog you!! :guitar: Maybe you can give Mag some tips.

12-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Wow, UMP you sly dog you!! :guitar: Maybe you can give Mag some tips.

Dont get carried away with this boys, It was just harmless flirting in a social setting. thats all, nothing more. But it was sure fun to have a very attractive rock star chick flirting with me. :) She is a very classy lady and didnt give off "that" type of vibe at all. Just want to clarify that. But you know what.... I completely turned into a geek while talking with her!! It was so funny :uglyhamme I must have looked like an idiot. You might as well have put some tape on my glasses and put a pocket protecter in my shirt pocket and put me in the next NERDS movie. :purplaugh I actually exchanged emails with her a few times after that, she is very cool and down to earth. Definately not a stuck up rock star type attitude. She actually was offering me some advice via email on how to land an audition with the TSO as they were looking for musicians this past summer. Which, I never did follow through on.

as far as giving Mag some tips, I am no casanova. I am sure Mag can do much better than me on his own.

UMP

BriEOD
12-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Dont get carried away with this boys, It was just harmless flirting in a social setting. thats all, nothing more. But it was sure fun to have a very attractive rock star chick flirting with me. :) She is a very classy lady and didnt give off "that" type of vibe at all. Just want to clarify that. But you know what.... I completely turned into a geek while talking with her!! It was so funny :uglyhamme I must have looked like an idiot. You might as well have put some tape on my glasses and put a pocket protecter in my shirt pocket and put me in the next NERDS movie. :purplaugh I actually exchanged emails with her a few times after that, she is very cool and down to earth. Definately not a stuck up rock star type attitude. She actually was offering me some advice via email on how to land an audition with the TSO as they were looking for musicians this past summer. Which, I never did follow through on.

as far as giving Mag some tips, I am no casanova. I am sure Mag can do much better than me on his own.

UMP
Tell the truth UMP you told her you had a MasterCraft and that is the only reason she talked to you! Come clean bro!! :D

12-08-2005, 11:40 AM
LOL!! Actually I didnt even own my boat then. I happend to be talking guitars with Angus and she just happend to be near him, so I chatted with them both a bit. They are both very cool and real people. Actually Angus was advising me with the demo tape/audition thing too via email. I was all ready to put my demo together when I found out that "Marriage of Figaro" was one of the audition songs. Its off their "Beethoven's Last Night" CD. thats the only song I havent learned the guitar leads on because they are very, very complex. its the most difficult song they perform, and yes, it is one of the 5 audition songs they use for to screen musicians. I actually do have the ability and skill level to learn it, but I just havent set the time aside. I barely touched a guitar all summer long cuz I was skiing all the time. Its a discipline thing. I havent had much musical discipline lately, unfortunately. Too many things going on. Maybe I can learn it this winter..... :rolleyes: I just htought it would be a dream come true to be on one of the touring companies of the TSO.

sorry, I am rambling on.....

UMP

Cloaked
12-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Bump for UMP... ^ ^ ^ :D

SKI*MC
12-08-2005, 10:08 PM
wow that is really cool UMP

BriEOD
12-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Wow! Who is that?

Mag_Red
12-09-2005, 12:42 AM

UMP :rolleyes: Obviously you don't know me well............I'll take all the tips I can get :D

erkoehler
12-09-2005, 12:45 AM
WOW Sporty, that is one hell of a picture....

12-09-2005, 10:36 AM
:rolleyes: Obviously you don't know me well............I'll take all the tips I can get

Well Mag, If I had any to offer, I would be happy to help. :wavey: I just think I am not a "pro" in that area. I dont know what your goals are. :confused: I guess what worked for me is just being myself, being sincere and genuine. Thats what attracted my lady to me. I was never out to impress her. Other than that, I have no trade secrets. I have never been the cassanova type. :twocents:

Thanks SKI*MC

UMP

Workin' 4 Toys
12-09-2005, 10:41 AM
WOW Sporty, that is one hell of a picture....

On behalf of JR's New years resolution.....

TRU DAT!!!!!

stevo137
12-09-2005, 11:27 AM
But it was sure fun to have a very attractive rock star chick flirting with me. :) She is a very classy lady and didnt give off "that" type of vibe at all. Just want to clarify that. But you know what.... I completely turned into a geek while talking with her!! It was so funny :uglyhamme I must have looked like an idiot. You might as well have put some tape on my glasses and put a pocket protecter in my shirt pocket and put me in the next NERDS movie.
UMP
Don't worry about it UMP. Women enjoy it when we blush. Sounds like she likes you... ;)

12-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Don't worry about it UMP. Women enjoy it when we blush. Sounds like she likes you... ;)

Well, It doesnt really matter because I am off the market anyway. I am very happy and devoted to my girlfriend. I would NEVER stray from her. I am one of those guys with morals.

stevo137
12-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Well, It doesnt really matter because I am off the market anyway. I am very happy and devoted to my girlfriend. I would NEVER stray from her. I am one of those guys with morals.
OK then, back to the presents thread.
Sounds like a good time to get her that special ring UMP!
C'mon dude, live a little! The sooner you start that family the better.
I sound like an old guy don't I! :rolleyes:

12-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Stevo,

The ring will come in good time. Within this next year. I look forward to that. :) The idea of having kids scares the hell out of me though. :(

UMP

east tx skier
12-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Don't let 'em scare you. You're bigger than they are. They cut into your sleep time, but they are soooo worth it.

12-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Don't let 'em scare you. You're bigger than they are. They cut into your sleep time, but they are soooo worth it.

Thats what everyone tells me Eastie, but I have some worries about it. Maybe I let anxiety get the best of me, but I look at our world today and wonder what its gonna be like 5, 10, 15, and 20 years from now and wonder if its worth bringing a child into that. It just scares me. Theres so many uncertainties. Planning to pay for college, having health insurance, keeping them on the right path so they dont get into drugs, crime, etc... I so much admire good parents. I often wonder if I would ever sleep if I had a kid, just stay up worrying at night about what COULD happen. Its just scares me, thats all. My Girlfriend really wants kids, and I think she would be a terrific mother. Maybe I need to see the Wizard of Oz for Courage like the cowardly lion...... :o

UMP

stevo137
12-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Don't worry so much UMP. Like the old gospel song, "One day at a time". Time does move quickly though.
Sorry bout the jack, just trying to talk UMP into, you know....

bcampbe7
12-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Don't worry so much UMP. Like the old gospel song, "One day at a time". Time does move quickly though.
I don't need anything for Chistmas. :)

I thought you only had 2 kids Stevo! Whose the young lady in the center? ;)

stevo137
12-09-2005, 08:15 PM
I thought you only had 2 kids Stevo! Whose the young lady in the center? ;)
Beau, we have three kids, I'm one of them! :D

SKI*MC
12-09-2005, 09:02 PM
I don't need anything for Chistmas. :)

TRUE DAT! TRUE DAT! :)

Workin' 4 Toys
12-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Its just scares me, thats all. My Girlfriend really wants kids, and I think she would be a terrific mother. Maybe I need to see the Wizard of Oz for Courage like the cowardly lion...... UMP
I once was somewhat similar. Let me tell you first hand. There is nothing to worry about, because once he/she is here, you don't think about that stuff any more.
And you look forward to Christmas not because its time to buy yourself something, but because you get a chance to spoil the kid(s) and the look on his/her face when they get to tear through that wrapping paper, is "priceless". And the things they learn everyday is unbelievable.
You are worrying way too much about it. (Like I use to)

SKI*MC
12-10-2005, 12:35 PM
so back to the Christmas presents, anyone else getting anything cool?

milkmania
12-10-2005, 11:34 PM
so back to the Christmas presents, anyone else getting anything cool?

I'm happy with this year's present:cool:

note:
(on a 10 foot trailer)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/trailer.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/motor.jpg

SKI*MC
12-10-2005, 11:43 PM
this is the one present that i know im getting. I got it form guitar center today. those guys are the absolute best! I got this with a 2 year warentee, for $250 ( the pedals are $270 without warentee, and the warentee is $40) I also got a deal on a cymbol for $150 with a warentee (the cymbol was $180) They are the best people there, they have a true passion for music! :headbang: :headbang:

Leroy
12-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Milk; That is a neat looking maching, is it for you or the kids? Looks like it will take some farm land to enjoy it on.

I'm happy with this year's present:cool:

note:
(on a 10 foot trailer)

milkmania
12-11-2005, 01:40 AM
Milk; That is a neat looking maching, is it for you or the kids? Looks like it will take some farm land to enjoy it on.

it's for the kids, sometimes:D

we'll make a 4 acre track, once we eradicate the pit bulls from it.

mostly, it's to let the kids go up in the 4 wheeler trails when we go, they're always left behind.

SKI*MC
12-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Are you going to take it off any sweet jumps?

Cloaked
12-11-2005, 10:45 PM
..........wait...wrong thread. I'll move it ...... But the pool table is what I was looking at.... I am looking for a Snooker table, (used preferably). Anyone ever run across one? Please advise. I'll come get it anywhere east of the Mississippi River, into ArkansaWW, Missouri, or Mississippi too.

milkmania
12-11-2005, 10:55 PM

uh, yeah (beavis& butthead laugh).....sweet jumps you ask?

Cloaked
12-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Sorry about jacking the thread. But I feel certain that Beavis would approve.. :D

I was wanting a Snooker table for Christmas... :confused:

milkmania
12-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Sorry about jacking the thread.

don't worry about it.....

it was my pleasure;)

Leroy
12-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Sporty; are you buying these young ladies their shirts!

milkmania
12-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Sporty; are you buying these young ladies their shirts!

or lack thereof

jimmer2880
12-12-2005, 12:59 PM
umm.... can you please repeat that sport? I have re-read your post at least a dozen times now & still don't have a clue what you are saying. It might have something to do with the blonde in the pic.

Milk - that looks like it's a blast. I have looked at them before. How does it do in the woods? That's my biggest concern with one of those styles. I am probably going to get a small (<50 cc) 4-wheeler for my daughter in the spring

Cloaked
12-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I am still looking for a Snooker table... Keep an eye out in local papers, intranet classifieds, etc... please...

SKI*MC
12-12-2005, 08:37 PM
oh i'll keep an eye out! 8p

jmyers
12-12-2005, 09:03 PM
I am still looking for a Snooker table... Keep an eye out in local papers, intranet classifieds, etc... please...

I've never gotton one of those under the tree*** Oh should I say TWO!!!! :D

6ballsisall
12-12-2005, 09:06 PM

Sporty

If you bring a dozen girls like that to the ENTIRE Mag Fest I'll personally BUY you a snooker table :D

Cloaked
12-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Sporty

If you bring a dozen girls like that to the ENTIRE Mag Fest I'll personally BUY you a snooker table :DLemme' work on it. Slim to no possibility but I'll give it a shot.

SKI*MC
12-12-2005, 09:09 PM
i cant believe that she doesnt have a back brace, or a counter balance or something to even things out...

mgurley
12-13-2005, 01:12 PM
:love: Wife surprised me with this for christmas.

Excuse the basement I am remodeling a room upstairs and have moved everything into the basement in the meantime.

jraben8
12-13-2005, 01:30 PM
I want a surprise like that...

Honey, come look what everyone else is getting...

tex
12-13-2005, 01:39 PM
52" DLP TV
Sub and New amp
New head unit
New rear wing for Sky Ski
What Skeeler got.

M-Funf
12-13-2005, 01:49 PM
What Skeeler got.

:purplaugh :woohoo: :purplaugh

RexDog1
12-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Santa Came Early To The Dog House :woohoo:

CWB Zeus Bindings W/Hinge We Are Going Out On Saturday
To Try Them Out!!! All Report Back :headbang:

SKI*MC
12-16-2005, 11:50 PM
I have been wanting to try those, tell me how the ride is!

Cloaked
12-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Here's Da' Man that brings the goodies...

Cloaked
12-20-2005, 04:54 PM
And here's his Mom.... :clap:

RexDog1
12-21-2005, 12:04 PM
I have been wanting to try those, tell me how the ride is!

Nice :headbang:

The Support of your foot is so nice
It holds the heal of my foot so tight
I feel the board cutting through the water
Get into and out with no effort
And they are so comfortable
Am SOLD :woohoo:

Cloaked
12-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Nice :headbang:

The Support of your foot is so nice
It holds the heal of my foot so tight
I feel the board cutting through the water
Get into and out with no effort
And they are so comfortable
Am SOLD :woohoo:Are these top end, middle, low end components?

rodltg2
12-21-2005, 06:53 PM
i bought my self a 42" plasma flat screen for my gift this year. looks alot bigger in the bedroom than it did in the store. i think i over did it. oh well..

André
12-21-2005, 11:38 PM
That's a 40 000 $ gift!!!

milkmania
12-21-2005, 11:44 PM
i bought my self a 42" plasma flat screen for my gift this year. looks alot bigger in the bedroom than it did in the store. i think i over did it. oh well..

sounds like a little bedroom pillow talk right there, now I tell ya

jimmer2880
12-22-2005, 10:44 AM
:love: Wife surprised me with this for christmas.

Excuse the basement I am remodeling a room upstairs and have moved everything into the basement in the meantime.

Sweet ride! Wish my wife would surprise me with one of those! I finally broke down & bought an old 88 Honda 200sx that's been in the family for years. I sure did miss getting muddy!

stumbledog
12-22-2005, 11:03 AM

He is talking about gun ammo.

SKI*MC
12-23-2005, 09:59 PM
anyone else getting anything sweet for Chirstmas, DVD's, CD's..??

parks_jr_55
12-23-2005, 10:56 PM
I got both my brothers a few things

1st bro:

The royal tenebaums dvd
dell mp3 player

2nd bro:

Animal House DVD
USB plug in for extra storage for his comp

and my brothers got me a new iHome alarm clock and speaker system with a dock for my ipod

we opened gifts this morning becuase we are going to our relatives house and wont be getting back for a week

i didnt get much becuase my gift will be the playstation 3 when it comes out

PendO
12-24-2005, 01:18 AM
Parks ... it's too bad you couldn't get a decent QB for the Packers for Christmas!

zberger
12-24-2005, 03:57 AM
So what did Skeeler get?

I must have missed that one :o

redmike
12-24-2005, 04:42 PM
see the swimsuit thread!!!! :D

behindtheboat
12-24-2005, 07:07 PM
My husband's 2004 list included a lake house....we closed December 7th, 2005.

My 18-year-old son's list this year includes 3 different cars. He figures if it worked for dad, it's got to be a good strategy!

PendO
12-24-2005, 07:51 PM
My husband's 2004 list included a lake house....we closed December 7th, 2005.

My 18-year-old son's list this year includes 3 different cars. He figures if it worked for dad, it's got to be a good strategy!

They make some great hot wheels replica cars;)
Congrats on the lake house!

SKI*MC
12-25-2005, 11:40 PM
They make some great hot wheels replica cars;)

No really, i have at least 10 model Corvettes!

JEREMY79
12-25-2005, 11:47 PM
We got this laptop! pretty cool gift

parks_jr_55
12-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Parks ... it's too bad you couldn't get a decent QB for the Packers for Christmas!

Yeah, that would be nice....Rodgers wasn't the greatest pick in my opinion.

I think (this is a wild idea) they draft Vince Young. The style of game will defiantly change, but who says change is a bad thing.

SKI*MC
12-25-2005, 11:52 PM
they should only get paid if they win! Theres some good insentive!

Ric
12-25-2005, 11:57 PM
getting together with most of my bunch tomorrow but the g/f just gave me a trip for us to vegas baby vegas!!

ski_king
12-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Got my Team MasterCRaft package under the tree, so now I have 2 new tee shirts and a hat to keep me is style.

Wife claims she renewed my member ship on a Sat. and the box showed up by Wednesday!

tex
12-27-2005, 10:06 AM
New head unit-We should be rocking the lake this year!

SteveO
12-27-2005, 10:17 AM
New head unit-We should be rocking the lake this year!

What did you get. I think a new Optima Blue top has overtaken the head unit for now

tex
12-27-2005, 11:40 AM
My wife got me one of the Clarion Marine units. It does not look like much of an upgrade from what I have. I will be hitting GPA soon to make sure that I don't need to upgrade.

Mag_Red
12-27-2005, 12:44 PM
:rant: I got nothing this year! Guess I wasn't as good as I thought :rolleyes:

Danimal
12-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Santa was good to me as usual. I got a 1000 piece poker chip set, which brings me to 2000 chips (I run a couple of tournaments at my house... for fun of course) another poker table and a bunch of ice fishing gear.

12-27-2005, 01:47 PM
well, Santa didnt drop the Alesis Synthesizer I wanted at my house........ :(

Guess I will have to save my pennies at buy it myself. :rolleyes:

Matt L.
12-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Let's see, Elk hunting in CO in November (got skunked). Coues White Tail hunting in AZ (2 days left!) and a wife that isn't into having me hunt so much.

Equals me getting nothing and her getting a new HO CDX ski /boots from Wileys.

See you at Havasu in March!

Matt

Bobby
12-27-2005, 03:20 PM
The biggest/best thing I got was a Ruger .45

Cloaked
12-27-2005, 04:11 PM
The biggest/best thing I got was a Ruger .45Sweet.... :headbang:

I happened upon a new Colt Python... :woohoo:

east tx skier
12-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Matt, where in CO were you hunting? My brother was hunting just outside of Eagle in late October and said he hadn't seen so many elk in 35 years of going up there. Sorry to hear you guys got "skunked." I haven't been in years so at leat you got to go (looking for a bright side).

Sounds like your wife had a good Christmas though with the CDX!

Let's see, Elk hunting in CO in November (got skunked). Coues White Tail hunting in AZ (2 days left!) and a wife that isn't into having me hunt so much.

Equals me getting nothing and her getting a new HO CDX ski /boots from Wileys.

See you at Havasu in March!

Matt

milkmania
12-29-2005, 06:32 PM
the kids sure are having a good time with their present:headbang:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/DSCF4881.jpg

Ric
12-29-2005, 06:44 PM
dam that looks like fun, why didnt they have that kinda stuff when I was little?

Leroy
12-29-2005, 08:41 PM
I think that is you Milk, scrunched down behind the wheel! I would take one of those myself!

the kids sure are having a good time with their present:headbang:

milkmania
12-29-2005, 08:49 PM
I think that is you Milk, scrunched down behind the wheel! I would take one of those myself!

no, that's The Donut Master!

His sister won't ride with him when he starts his donuts:rolleyes:

he tells her, all you gotta do is turn left and put your foot down then turn right:steering:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/milkmania/DSCF4892.jpg

André
12-29-2005, 09:21 PM
That's the hell of a great Christmas gift for your kids Milk!
Hope they appreciated it!
Looks like a ton of fun!

milkmania
12-29-2005, 09:34 PM
That's the hell of a great Christmas gift for your kids Milk!
Hope they appreciated it!
Looks like a ton of fun!

you know

I watched my kids as we went grocery shopping this afternoon.
they unloaded the cart onto the belt, loaded it back into the cart after the cashier sacked it, loaded it into the back of the suburban, carried it into the house, put the cold stuff in the refrigerator, and the boxed stuff in the pantry, putting all the empty bags into one empty bag......
I never instructed a thing. I did ask them to double check to make sure they hadn't put anything for the fridge into the pantry.

She's 10 y/o
He's 8 y/o

it wasn't just an after Christmas kind of thing, cashiers have complimented them before:)

André
12-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Great!
Then deserve it!
How fast that thing can go?What engine?

milkmania
12-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Great!
Then deserve it!
How fast that thing can go?What engine?

the website claims 38 mph.
150cc equates to approx. 12.5 hp@7500RPM

Rated for 2 adults:woohoo:

all the websites I've seen were approx $1899.00 plus shipping
Atwoods had it for $1599.00 + tax

(Atwoods is a farm supply store)

André
12-29-2005, 10:39 PM
7500?
Must be 2 stokes... :confused:

André
12-29-2005, 10:39 PM
7500?
Must be 2 strokes... :confused:

SKI*MC
12-30-2005, 10:33 PM
WOW! that looks likea lot of fun. Milk, you might want to get a phone book or something for your son to sit on!

milkmania
12-30-2005, 10:39 PM
7500?
Must be 2 strokes... :confused:

nah, it's 4 stroke

they actually claim it's a motorcycle engine.

milkmania
12-30-2005, 10:45 PM
WOW! that looks likea lot of fun. Milk, you might want to get a phone book or something for your son to sit on!

uh, our phone book is thinner than the kid's notebooks....

the whole county claimed under 50,000 people in 2003:o

SKI*MC
12-30-2005, 11:09 PM
What kind of person has this stuff on had!? haha, just kidding. Yeah i live in a hick town too. A little less than 4,000 people.

milkmania
12-31-2005, 12:58 AM
What kind of person has this stuff on had!? haha, just kidding. Yeah i live in a hick town too. A little less than 4,000 people.

here's my town:o
Population (year 2000): 312,
Est. population in July 2004: 318 (+1.9% change)

Males: 166 (53.2%), Females: 146 (46.8%)

SKI*MC
12-31-2005, 10:55 PM
haha! wow! I thought my town sucked! Well at least you have the feeling of everyone nkowing eachother. I'm not sure if thats a good thing in this case, but oh well...