PDA

View Full Version : 96 Prostar 205

chooverton
07-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Looking for some help on my boat value. I don't need or want to sell, but I think I should. This past weekend the last ramp I trusted at my lake closed because of water level, the closest usable lake is an hour away, and I also have my first little girl is due in October, so I don't see us using the boat as much next year (although I already bought her first life jacket :) ). There are a few boats similar (195s, older/newer 205s, with/without towers, all original, low/high hours, etc.) but i can not figure out where my price could/should be. NADA says avg retail at 14k but I am not sold on that number. I have however, determined that i pretty much stole the boat from the PO, who was a great guy. For that i am grateful? Ok, here is the deal, any ideas of what i can get for this?

256 original hours (I bought with 200)
Great Jelcoat
Great interior (only bad spot is the back seat that has been stepped on too many times, it needs to be fully replaced- you can still sit in it, but the honeycomb on one side is crushed, and there is a tear in the vinyl.) Other than that, it is in excellent shape for a 18 year old boat, i regularly get complimented on the boat, and asked when i replaced the interior (i haven't)
pioneer deck, with 4 kicker marine speakers in the boat, plus a 12 inch sub under the driver.
built a custom ski pylon extender that includes 2 speakers w/lights and navigation light on top.
added second battery that runs on stinger relay when key is on.
added blue lighting inside boat

what else am i missing other than pics? any comments on what i could get for it? As you can tell, these are not purpose taken pics, but wanted to give as much info as possible. Thanks!

mikeg205
07-14-2014, 07:15 PM
15K easy any engine pic's? - Everything work on the trailer?

Aric'sX15
07-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Okay how much for that pylon setup. I want that BAD lol

f925
07-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Okay how much for that pylon setup. I want that BAD lol

Or build specs! That is a great compact pylon rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chooverton
07-15-2014, 08:49 AM
I will have to shoot some engine pics later this week.

My "pole" - bought a skylon from a TT member, stripped it, added the aluminum cross bar and custom press fit end caps (buddy's dad pretty much has a machine shop in his barn). powder coated, added nav light, and kicker 6.5s. It is wired into the pole, and have a plug that comes from my engine bay and plugs into the pole using a weatherpack connector. the speakers match whats in the boat. they are not wetsounds quality, of course, but for what we do most of the time - anchor up and enjoy beverages, they are perfect. I wouldn't even know a price to put on it.. i have a relatively small amount invested in it compared to a tower :)

any other feedback on overall price?

east tx skier
07-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Keep the boat. Pray for rain. If there's water in the lake next year, you'll use the boat with the little one a lot more than you think. You already bought her a life vest.

JDJ_205
07-15-2014, 04:51 PM
I agree on the praying for rain part, that's a bummer you are considering to sell, but low water levels are tough to defeat.

Nice looking boat, awesome idea for the sky high pylon.

Aric'sX15
07-15-2014, 04:58 PM
where you at in TX?

chooverton
07-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Thanks guys. It is a very tough decision, my wife have discovered in talking through this that we love the boat and will hate to see it go, if we decide to do that, but the Ben Franklin strategy of decision making is telling us we should. (I guess if you used that method though, most folks would probably never even own a boat ha)

I am east of dallas, in rockwall.

chrislandy
07-16-2014, 10:37 AM
Nice boat, and if you there is any other way... Don't sell it!! - my 2 loved it when they were less than a year old, they used to just go to sleep - even my littlest (now 2 1/2 years old) wants to go to the lake all the time

Bouyhead
07-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Like mikeg205 said 15K. If you don't NEED to sell list it for $15,800 and don't go any lower than $15K If you WANT to sell it leave a little more wiggle room, it will move fast.

Bouyhead
07-16-2014, 10:46 AM
That is the Mac Daddy of used MasterCrafts, very, very desirable boat.