PDA

View Full Version : Christmas picture's!!

jmyers
11-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Thought I would also start a Christmas picture thread for the holiday's!! And I couldn't pass this shot up of my son! :D

jmyers
11-30-2005, 03:58 PM
The family shot!!

pilot02
12-01-2005, 02:44 PM
The family shot!!

Between the pic of your son with the hatchet and you with the saw, kind of reminds me more of slingblade or something..... :uglyhamme

PendO
12-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Great pics ... I thought tree killin' was illegal in Cali?

bcampbe7
12-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Looked like a great time JM!

Between the pic of your son with the hatchet and you with the saw, kind of reminds me more of slingblade or something..... :uglyhamme

"Coffee kindly makes me nervous, mmm hmm."

Mag_Red
12-01-2005, 02:56 PM
He looks a little like Ralphy in "A Christman Story".

jmyers
12-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Thought I would also start a Christmas picture thread for the holiday's!! And I couldn't pass this shot up of my son! :D
This is last year, the tree's grow and so do the kids!!

X2M
12-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Great pictures JMyers.

Where do you guys go cut your trees? We always go to a tree farm that is up in the Apple Hill area above Placerville. The kids have so much fun walking through the forest to pic out a tree.

:)

AirJunky
12-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Last year's Air Santa run.

More pics at: http://airjunky.com/airsanta04

jmyers
12-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Great pictures JMyers.

Where do you guys go cut your trees? We always go to a tree farm that is up in the Apple Hill area above Placerville. The kids have so much fun walking through the forest to pic out a tree.

Smart's Christmas tree farm, in Apple hill! The tree' are $52 for any tree, so we got a 13.5 ft tree :eek: Got to get your money's worth :D

jmyers
12-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Great pics ... I thought tree killin' was illegal in Cali?
No, it's legal you just have to use STEEL saw, and a 1 bag limit!! :uglyhamme And we did hug it befor we killed it!!

PendO
12-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Last year's Air Santa run.

More pics at: http://airjunky.com/airsanta04

Bill, there could be a lot of snow on the CDA when you go at it again this year ... those are some cool pics!

Leroy
12-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Great pix jmyers!

BrianM
12-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Great pictures JMyers.

Growing up in Sactown we always went up to the same area to cut trees every year. I really miss that. The place we went was like walking around in the forest they were not just laied out in rows. Around here no place to cut trees unless you want a Loblolly pine or cypress :vomit: but those just aren't right they don't smell like a nice fir and they are just out in fields in straight rows and look like bottle brush. The first yeear I lived her I was all excited to go cut our tree. Got up to the tree farm and turned around and left.

Home Depot for me. :(

AirJunky
12-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Bill, there could be a lot of snow on the CDA when you go at it again this year ... those are some cool pics!
I hear ya, Casey. The snow on the ramp will make it interesting to say the least. We'll see how it goes.
So you interested in coming along?

SKI*MC
12-01-2005, 11:33 PM
any of you planning on watching a Christmas Story all day Christmas day on... i think its either on TBS, or FX, or something like that?

Leroy
12-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Well not planning on it, but will see it 4 or 5 or 10 times I'm sure!

any of you planning on watching a Christmas Story all day Christmas day on... i think its either on TBS, or FX, or something like that?

milkmania
12-02-2005, 12:02 AM
This is last year, the tree's grow and so do the kids!!

dude,

if that was last year's pic......

you need to set your date

I see three years difference:uglyhamme

X2M
12-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Growing up in Sactown we always went up to the same area to cut trees every year. I really miss that. The place we went was like walking around in the forest they were not just laied out in rows. Around here no place to cut trees unless you want a Loblolly pine or cypress :vomit: but those just aren't right they don't smell like a nice fir and they are just out in fields in straight rows and look like bottle brush. The first yeear I lived her I was all excited to go cut our tree. Got up to the tree farm and turned around and left.

My husbands family has gone to the same tree farm for the last 30 years. It has evolved into a really neat event for us. We caravan (about 8 cars/suvs worth) up there, set out the table and eat lunch, pick out our trees, play football in the parking lot and then head home.

Sorry you don't get to experience it living away from Sacto...I feel your pain....getting a tree at HomeDepot is just not the same.

jmyers
12-02-2005, 01:14 PM
dude,

if that was last year's pic......

you need to set your date

I see three years difference:uglyhamme
I changed it now! I never looked at it until before. I even tried to change it on Photo Shop, but it won't change! :confused:

BriEOD
12-02-2005, 05:21 PM

How about a nice Magnolia!! :D

PendO
12-04-2005, 12:34 AM

PendO
12-04-2005, 12:38 AM
I hear ya, Casey. The snow on the ramp will make it interesting to say the least. We'll see how it goes.
So you interested in coming along?

sendin you an email, sounds good depending on the date ... I'd definitely be down with holding a camera (or some kind of help) or putting on a drysuit and ski(s) ... there is no way I would try getting up on a sky ski though as the kids might see santa freeze to death:)

jmyers
12-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Nice family Christmas shot~ :D Is that the Cristmas card picture?

Cloaked
12-05-2005, 01:38 PM
.......................................A fine looking crew indeed.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PendO
12-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Nice family Christmas shot~ :D Is that the Cristmas card picture?

No, not sure if we have one yet ... the past two years we have taken a digital camera to a nice hotel and asked someone to snap a picture in front of the Christmas tree with us holding the kids (only 1 kid the first Xmas) ... otherwise my family ends up taking the pic:( and my wife likes to keep it a suprise, so that is why we go for the total stranger photographer:)

PendO
12-05-2005, 03:01 PM

J, what happened to the picture that started the thread ... did you take it down or did they lose it?

MarkP
12-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Jmyers,

What happened to your shots?? This is the shot of my girls as the prepare to “tree Hunt”

east tx skier
12-05-2005, 03:12 PM
This will be our card.

MarkP
12-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Nice shot Doug. But he is going to be PI$$ed about that hat when he grows up..

ski_king
12-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Jmyers,

What happened to your shots?? This is the shot of my girls as the prepare to “tree Hunt”

Mark, Where did you get your tree? That place looks familuar.

east tx skier
12-05-2005, 03:21 PM
... not to mention the rest of the outfit. Can you say, "Where's Waldo?"

BriEOD
12-05-2005, 03:25 PM
He's a keeper Doug!

Woohooo check out those Palotti girls!! :dance:

east tx skier
12-05-2005, 03:32 PM
I'll second Brian's comment. That's a good-lookin' group of Palottis. We made the artificial tree investment two years ago in spite of my resistance. I miss the fresh pine smell to be sure, but I can't argue with the convenience of putting that tree up in a matter of minutes and not having to mess with the lights. Looks very real, too.

BriEOD
12-05-2005, 03:40 PM
We made the artificial tree investment two years ago in spite of my resistance. I miss the fresh pine smell to be sure, but I can't argue with the convenience of putting that tree up in a matter of minutes and not having to mess with the lights. Looks very real, too.

Yeah, well I was kicking myself last night. We have the artificial tree. However, seeing as were moving very soon we decided to get a real tree so we could just toss it and not deal with repacking. So, I drove to 3 lots looking for a tree. Then, I get home and it has to many limbs to get into the stand so I had to get out the sawzall. Then the wife thought it was to short so I had to hit the scrap wood pile and make some 4" feet out of 2x4's to make the tree taller.

Did I mention I'm not feeling very jolly...

east tx skier
12-05-2005, 03:42 PM
All the stuff that goes with getting a real tree is enough to kill it for me some times.

One thing that makes life a lot easier is one of those nifty stands with the removeable water jug and a pedal so you can adjust it for straightness.

BriEOD
12-05-2005, 03:49 PM
All the stuff that goes with getting a real tree is enough to kill it for me some times.

One thing that makes life a lot easier is one of those nifty stands with the removeable water jug and a pedal so you can adjust it for straightness.

Fortunately I did have one and I agree with you. I was also told "I was putting up lights on the outside of my house" :rolleyes: Again, I'm trying to avoid extra work.

I'm kind of in the calm before the storm. I've got finals starting Wednesday through Monday. Than next week I have 16 people coming to my house (to stay) for my 2 ceremonies. Than we are leaving for Tampa to look for a place to live and hit Disney with the kids. Only to turn around, pack out and close on this house and I have to be at work by the end of next month (I still have no where to live, but do have somewhere to keep the boat). Therefore, I haven't bought one gift, made one list, or even eaten a candy cane. Man somebody get me a beer!! :eek:

jmyers
12-05-2005, 03:59 PM
J, what happened to the picture that started the thread ... did you take it down or did they lose it?
No, just me learning this computer stuff! I figured out if you go into attachments you can erase all the pictures you post! :confused: OOPS! :o They are back now. :D

MarkP
12-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Mark, Where did you get your tree? That place looks familuar.
Denny that is Rennick Tree Farm. I think its probably about in your back yard..

ski_king
12-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Denny that is Rennick Tree Farm. I think its probably about in your back yard..

Yep, about half a mile from my house. I thought it looked familiar.
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/weihnachten/xmas-smiley-045.gif

east tx skier
12-05-2005, 04:37 PM
I'd send it to you, Brian, but I don't want to make another mess on your doorstep. I did my shopping at amazon this year. Took less than an hour and should be here by the weekend. No stores, no fuss. Love it.

River Rat
12-05-2005, 04:39 PM
This is my nephew, my brother went back to Iraq 2 weeks ago so he has had to take over the manly duties around the house. Seems like he is doing a good Job so far.

BriEOD
12-05-2005, 04:50 PM
He's a cutie and God bless your bro.

east tx skier
12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Man, I dig those shoes. Good thoughts to your brother.

RexDog1
12-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Happy Christmas To All

From The Dog House :toast: :toast: :friday:

X2M
12-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Here is a picture of my 3 elves.

Merry Christmas everyone!!