PDA

View Full Version : 01 x star center ballast

shawn c
06-30-2014, 06:03 PM
I just purchased a 2001 x star and the center ballast bag was removed . The top hose is sticking out into the ski locker and the two bottom one are not . I need to know where they come from ? Do i need to remove the rear center floor ? Thanks for any help

wheelerd
06-30-2014, 11:44 PM
Don't quite follow you as to which hoses you can and can't see or access. In any case, to figure out which ones go where, just blow on a hose. If there is resistance, that is your hose from the pump and it goes at the bottom of the stern end of the bag. If you can blow through a hose, then it is a vent hoses that exits at the thru-hull openings at the rubrail.

shawn c
07-01-2014, 01:11 AM
There are three fitting on the bag. with a short hose attached to the single fitting . there is a hose sticking threw the floor in to the ski locker and two other holes with nothing coming threw.

shawn c
07-01-2014, 01:13 AM
is there two pumps one to fill and one to drain ?

Jayhawk
07-01-2014, 01:36 AM
Yes, two aerator pumps for each tank/bag on the '01 star.

swatguy
07-01-2014, 02:29 AM
The 01 x star has 3 hoses from the bag. One of the top hoses is the vent, the other is the fill. The bottom hose is the empty.

The fill hose should run from the transom intake all the way to the bag. The vent hose curves and runs from the bag along a channel next to the ski locker, up to the vent out the passenger side. The empty hose runs to a pump and then out a port on the driver side. There are two pumps for every ballast bag/tank in the 2001

You should be able to wiggle the foot out without undoing any bolts.

Just pull up by the access port. And wiggle it out The fiberglass will flex a bit but it won't break.

wheelerd
07-01-2014, 03:19 AM
Ah yes, I forget that in 01 there were two separate pumps.

shawn c
07-03-2014, 07:33 AM
thanks for the help . I picked up the floor and got it all straighten out.