PDA

View Full Version : Our tax dollars hard at work

6ballsisall
11-28-2005, 10:19 PM
I can't believe it. The local news just reported about a lady in Loveland, OH who owed the city a $1.16 in past due taxes. Without notice to the defendant the city is pursuing a conviction for failure to pay the tax (mind you it's a $1.16) and the defendant could pay up to $8,000 in fines and 18 months in jail. The reporter said the city intends to pursue the case and city officials made note that the case would cost several hundred if not thousands of dollars for the city to pursue the case.
You gotta love those officials, I need to find this lady, I'll give her a $1.16 so my taxes don't go up because of the genius city officials.

Effin unbelievable!!! :mad:

shepherd
11-28-2005, 11:34 PM
It's the principle of the whole thing Jr!
If everyone in Ohio failed to pay their $1.16, the state would lose.... let's see here... :rolleyes: (google ohio adult population) $1.16 X 9,000,000 people (accesories, calculator) :rolleyes: ummmm $10,440,000.

They need to nip that sucker in the bud! yeah that's it. that's the ticket. need to set an example :cool:

6ballsisall
11-28-2005, 11:36 PM
I'd agree on the principal thing there Shep but the deal is in Cincinnati anyway there are MUCH more pressing issues that should take court time than this.

Ski-A-Rees
11-28-2005, 11:36 PM
I spent all of my parents tax return on a new 454 and a new tranny for my Mastercraft! Thank God for taxs!

H20skeefreek
11-29-2005, 08:25 AM
you let the gov't use your money for a year to earn interest, then give it back to you at the end of the year. I wish people understood tax returns.

6ballsisall
11-29-2005, 09:21 AM
you let the gov't use your money for a year to earn interest, then give it back to you at the end of the year. I wish people understood tax returns.

Oh don't get me started here :rolleyes: you forgot to add they give some of it back to you at the end of the year AFTER they earn interest on it and then charge YOU income on your return :rolleyes:

shepherd
11-29-2005, 02:47 PM
I spent all of my parents tax return on a new 454 and a new tranny for my Mastercraft! Thank God for taxs!

More like: thank God for parents! :worthy:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
11-29-2005, 04:05 PM
I'd agree on the principal thing there Shep but the deal is in Cincinnati anyway there are MUCH more pressing issues that should take court time than this.

TRU DAT :headbang:

this kind of $#&* boils my blood.

An issue like this shouldnt even be allowed to be pursued in court. Lets talk about REAL issues like children who cant afford shoes or warm clothes, or FOOD!! or elderly than cant afford their medicine or FOOD or heating bills because they spend ALL their money on their medical bills. SO we are going to spend thousands fighting over $1.16 while there are kids that cant eat, or live in abusive homes, or elderly are sick and die because they cant afford medicine or healthcare.

Just keep on a wasting good time and money government officials :mad:

Two words to stop this retardedness: COMMON SENSE

Think about it.......

shepherd
11-30-2005, 12:15 AM
I was just kidding guys :rolleyes: . I guess the sarcasm didn't come out too well in print. I think the whole episode is idiotic.

BTW, speaking of Ohio, I saw on the TV news this morning that Cincinnati was rated by some magazine (Self Magazine?) to be the most unhealthy city in the country... I don't put much stock into these "city rankings" -- just thought y'all mind find it interesting. :confused:

Workin' 4 Toys
11-30-2005, 11:42 AM
TRU DAT :headbang:

this kind of $#&* boils my blood.

An issue like this shouldnt even be allowed to be pursued in court. Lets talk about REAL issues like children who cant afford shoes or warm clothes, or FOOD!! or elderly than cant afford their medicine or FOOD or heating bills because they spend ALL their money on their medical bills. SO we are going to spend thousands fighting over $1.16 while there are kids that cant eat, or live in abusive homes, or elderly are sick and die because they cant afford medicine or healthcare.

Just keep on a wasting good time and money government officials :mad:

Two words to stop this retardedness: COMMON SENSE

Think about it.......
One word needed..... REVOLUTION

We need a complete renovation of the system.

lakes Rick
11-30-2005, 11:50 AM
More like what I have to preach to my company owners..

Quit tripping over the dollars to pick up nickels...

BriEOD
11-30-2005, 01:03 PM
I wonder if she purposely didn't pay the $1 or if it was and oversite?

H20skeefreek
11-30-2005, 07:11 PM
I imagine it was an oversight. either that or when she found out she only owed 1.16 bucks, she said "oh well!"

richardsoncd
12-01-2005, 08:36 AM
The part that is really sad is that if she were to have another child or a 1st (whichever) then they would owe her money. At least she is paying taxes, which means she has a job and probably buys some food every once in while, maybe even clothes....therefore adding back to the tax base. Assuming they have a 6% sales tax up there, like down here, that means if she spent $19.33 at the grocery store, every thing is even. Gotta love it. :noface:

Man I sound like a raging conservative.....back to the swimsuit thread for me. :wavey: