PDA

View Full Version : 2014 x46 gages/touch screen/ and pumps died

Bakesbaked
06-28-2014, 10:00 PM
end of the day today started empty all the ballast, and the fat sacks using the new ronix pump. pump started acting weird. go to the plug and look over to see my touch screen flickering, unplug it and the screen returned to normal. so i put the pump up and dumped the water out inside the boat where the drain plug is till i could pick it up. tossed the remainder of the water out, put in in go home mode and hit the gas. about 30 seconds later the screen shuts off, radio quit, led lights quit, and the screen popped up, booting... and flickered that till it booted and a few seconds later quit. all my gages quit, rpm meeter was stuck at 3000 rpm even though the motor was shut off. started looking around and saw the reset buttons under the dash pressed that and now the screen doesnt even boot up. all gages are still frozen. radio can power on for a few seconds and then back off it goes.

i should also mention we just bought this boat 10 days ago.

any help as to fuses to look for or wiring to follow would help since i dont have a trail for another week since its in the shop! would like to have my new boat working for the fourth.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Wow, sorry to read, maybe a low voltage situation caused the screens to act up, I would suspect the aux pump is not the cause as this circuit(was it plugged into a power outlet port) should be on its own circuit breaker and would have tripped if the pump was pulling to many amps. I would look in. the owners manual to see where the fuses are. Maybe you can completely disconnect the batteries and let the boat discharge for an hour or so reconnect the batteries and retest.

Bakesbaked
06-29-2014, 12:38 AM
Yeah it just started flickering when the pump was plugged in. And I disconnected and reconnected the pump to test out if that was cause it. And I looked at every circuit breaker and reset all of them. Turned off the batteries. But the whole instrument panel has zero power. Ballast switched do t do anything horn doesn't work. Led back lights don't even work.

Ill give the unhooking the batter a try tomorrow. Worth a shot.
Would there by chance be a dude box under the dash? I found one in the engine compartment. Didn't really look to far under the dash.

Bakesbaked
06-29-2014, 12:39 AM
Fuse box*

FoggyNogginz
06-29-2014, 08:57 AM
My 2012 has breakers behind a kickpanel under the dash. Yours probably does too. Good luck!

Bakesbaked
07-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Just an update. Went back out with a volt meter. Found that battery one was getting a charge. And number two wasn't getting a charge. Went from 10.4 down to 6. Went back to the bep dvsr relay in the battery switch panel. Removed that checked for loose wires. Found no issues anywhere on the whole electrical system. Came back out with a battery charger and opened up the cells to see the water was extremely low. Filled the cells up. Put a quick charge on it and the dvsr kicked on an started sending a charge to the second battery. It's been two days no problems. But I'm doing a series of load tests to see if I have a bad cell some where.

3 possibilities.
Bad cell
Alternator over charge
Battery company didn't fill the cells up all the way. (Rare but possible)

Everyone I talk to including mastercraft is kind of scratching their head wondering what caused it to stop getting a charge in the first place. If I find out more ill post another update just incase some poor fellow like me has the same issue.