PDA

View Full Version : Selling a used vehicle...

bcampbe7
11-28-2005, 12:07 PM
As posted in another thread I am selling my Land Rover.
A guy was suppose to buy it but didn't come up with the money.

I have thought about offering a warranty on the engone/transmission till 100K miles or 2 months. 100K miles is in just over 3000 miles.
Any thoughts on this? Good or bad idea?
I realize this would put a lot of trust in the buyer, but I feel the vehicle is in great shape and will have no problems.
I also realize that 3000 mile warranty is not too much, but most dealers will not even offer them on used cars outside of the factory warranty.

6ballsisall
11-28-2005, 12:14 PM
As posted in another thread I am selling my Land Rover.
A guy was suppose to buy it but didn't come up with the money.

I have thought about offering a warranty on the engone/transmission till 100K miles or 2 months, which is in just over 3000 miles.
Any thoughts on this? Good or bad idea?
I realize this would put a lot of trust in the buyer, but I feel the vehicle is in great shape and will have no problems.
I also realize that 3000 mile warranty is not too much, but most dealers will not even offer them on used cars outside of the factory warranty.

Sorry to hear about the lame buyer Beau. Try Ebay, I have had great luck there.

As for the warranty I personally wouldn't do it. For all you know some yahoo would buy it and trash it. Or worse could be something wrong with it now that you don't know about and you'd be out of pocket

stumbledog
11-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Sell it as is. You are better off selling at a lower price than dealing with any potential headaches of offering the warranty.

bcampbe7
11-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Sorry to hear about the lame buyer Beau. Try Ebay, I have had great luck there.

As for the warranty I personally wouldn't do it. For all you know some yahoo would buy it and trash it. Or worse could be something wrong with it now that you don't know about and you'd be out of pocket

You are right...

It is just a hairbrain idea I had to help sell the vehicle. I lack patience. :D Once I have my mind set on selling or buying something, after considerable research, I want the transaction to take place immediately. I need to be more patient I guess.

Ric
11-28-2005, 12:41 PM
I agree, don't do that warranty idea. Discount the price if you need to.
Autotrader or ebay are good to get the word out.

Workin' 4 Toys
11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Autotrader. F' ebay!!!

No warranty included. As seen as is.

east tx skier
11-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Sold my 84 Grand Wagoneer in less than 20 days by putting a sign in the window. Knocked a few hundred off the price for the guy, but that's it.