PDA

View Full Version : Paddle wheel works sometimes?

MI_Corey
06-25-2014, 11:19 PM
I've never had an issue with the speedometers on my boat until today. It's a paddle wheel and all day it would work and then quit working, often while boarding causing the perfect pass to jump all over. I inspected the paddle wheel and nothing was stuck in it. It spins freely. The only thing is the tabs that protrude out on either side of it for protection are busted off but all the paddle teeth are in good shape. I don't think this would cause an issue. Thoughts?

nickespi
06-26-2014, 03:58 AM
Welcome to the club. I have had this same issue for years. My ultimate plan is to replace it with NauticLogics GPS sensor and be done with it. Since I haven't gotten around to it, I've been running my PP on RPM instead of MPH in the meantime.

bturner2
06-26-2014, 06:49 AM
My understanding is that those tabs are used to align the paddlewheel and direct the flow of water across the paddlewheel. We were having issues with ours and PP support said to replace it if any aspect of the paddlewheel was compromised. Decided to just use the cash we would have used buying the new paddlewheel and put it towards a StarGazer upgrade. The other option Nick suggests sounds like a good option too.

02ProstarSammyD
06-26-2014, 07:56 AM
Welcome to the club. I have had this same issue for years. My ultimate plan is to replace it with NauticLogics GPS sensor and be done with it. Since I haven't gotten around to it, I've been running my PP on RPM instead of MPH in the meantime.

Not to thread jack but does anyone know if this will work to work around MC cruise?

nickespi
06-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Not to thread jack but does anyone know if this will work to work around MC cruise?

Not sure, have you checked NauticLogic's website for applications?